Plusle (F) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Plus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Hp Grass and Petaya Berry OHKOs Whiscash who is annoying to my team.

Swalot (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 96 HP / 176 Def / 236 SAtk
- Counter
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Wall of somesort, Giga Drain for Whiscash if Plusle dies. Ice Beam for Other variety.

Magcargo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Def
Barve Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Overheat
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Yawn

Hopefully Sunflora sets up Sunny Day so Overheat can rape stuff. Yawn+ Protect for predicting a switch so they have a sleeping member works.

Sunflora (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 38 HP / 252 Spd / 220 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grasswhistle
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

Sunnybeamer im not sure on this but it's supposed to help Marcargo out.

Wailord (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 56 SAtk / 152 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Surf

Hp whale Stab Surf, hopefully survives with Curses to Earthquake Swalot and Sudowoodo.

Delcatty (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

NU Blissey of sorts. No one in NU really likes taking a Stabbed Double-Edge. Wish to support the team. Thunder Wave to cause status. Heal Bell to help team.

I've only NU battled like 5times so this is my first team. I beat Echo on my first try XD.

David Um
08-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I'll try to help. don't flame

Sunflora (M) @ Leftovers
EVs:18HP /108 def / 252 SAtk /132 sp.def
modest nature
- Grasswhistle
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

I think sunflowra doesn't need any speed because it can't outspeed anything with that pathetic speed anyway.

I also question swalot being a wall, but this is what I'd use

swalot@leftovers
Trait: Liquid ooze
EVs:252HP/64 att/144 def/50 sp.att
relaxed nature
-counter
-encore
-giga drain
-sludge bomb
no sense of wasting stab. there are no steel types in the NU environment and sludge bomb hurts more than ice beam. and 404HP is high for the NU environment.

for magcargo I'd use

Magcargo (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 88 HP / 154 Atk /100 def/ 172 sp.att
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- fire blast
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Yawn/HP grass
HP grass for waters maybe? Protect sucks in 1 on 1. YOu can replace it with another move maybe?

Fossil Fusion
08-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Protect is on Magcargo because you Yawn one turn then Protect the next if it lives :rolleyes:

David Um
08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
good point, thanks for explaining.

maYBE some attack EVs on wailord can be helpful, because your wailord's attack is only 216 without any attack EVs.

Echo
08-20-2006, 04:00 PM
I beat Echo on my first try XD.

Let's not talk about that...

Plusle needs Encore over Thunderwave to be able to sweep. Otherwise you'll just end up being walled by something else than Whiscash.

Swalot looks excpet Ice Beam? What exactly are going to Ice Beam? Sunflora? Use this for something like Fire Punch for the occasional Mawiles and you'll get boosted by a Sunnybeaming Sunflora as well. And yes, David Um, Swalot is a good wall because of its high HP and moderate defenses and the ability to switch into Sunnybeamers and other special sweepers. hi Plusle with hp grass.

If the Macgarco is relying on the sun, why waste your Sp Atk by dropping it with Overheat? Go with Fire Blast.

Just make sure your Sunflora outruns Plusle/Minun with Chlorophyll, because I think they are the fastest NU Pokies. I run Encore over Grasswhistle on my Sunflora.

Wailord looks cool to me.

You can't really compare Blissey to Delcatty, because Delcatty has no Sp Def/HP. :/ But I can see what you meant by that though. Don't use Spd on this, because it needs to heal stuff, so more HP/Def. Take some Atk off as well.

Elidibs
08-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Use +Def on Swalot, otherwise hitmonchan gives you huge troubles

also, you need a relicanth counter

Lordofgames
08-21-2006, 12:34 AM
you dont have reliable Bellossom counter. Swalot needs Sludge Bomb to counter that. Who is your physical tank, Swalot? Please get either a Sudo, Whiscash or Reli. Weakness to Earthquake sucks.

Instead of Curselord, get Body Slam over Curse. You really wont get enough time to Curse up. Body Slam would be better than Earthquake since, Sudo, Whiscash and Relicanth won't be switching into this. Meh, exploding whales is cool too ;)

Echo
08-21-2006, 01:57 PM
also, you need a relicanth counter

Swalot can Counter Relicanth's attacks or Giga Drain on the switch.

you dont have reliable Bellossom counter. Swalot needs Sludge Bomb to counter that. Who is your physical tank, Swalot? Please get either a Sudo, Whiscash or Reli. Weakness to Earthquake sucks.

Well, Bellossom can put something asleep and then get countered by either Magcargo or Sunflora. Also, if Swalot is up against a Bellossom, it can just Encore its Sunny Day, taking that something else asleep already. I also suggested Fire Punch for his Swalot to beat Sunnybeamers. No necessity for Sludge Bomb.

Instead of Curselord, get Body Slam over Curse. You really wont get enough time to Curse up. Body Slam would be better than Earthquake since, Sudo, Whiscash and Relicanth won't be switching into this. Meh, exploding whales is cool too ;)

No time to Curse up? As long as their Sunnybeamer/strong normal CBer is gone, Wailord can easily set up on something. Especially when he has sleep, para and encore support for that.

Lordofgames
08-21-2006, 04:21 PM
I never found Wailord being able to curse up and sweep, but meh. Sure, it can do that. It is like saying, Heracross can get 3 Swords Dances with Weezing, Salamence and Skarmory dead.

I don't know how Swalot counters Bellossom. *cough Sleep Powder cough*. Do you think Magcargo can switch into Solarbeams? No... Sunflora gets 2-3HKO'd by Bellossom's HP Fire and Bellossom is always faster.

Echo
08-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I don't know how Swalot counters Bellossom. *cough Sleep Powder cough*. Do you think Magcargo can switch into Solarbeams? No... Sunflora gets 2-3HKO'd by Bellossom's HP Fire and Bellossom is always faster.

He can switch something else to take the sleep, as that is unavoidable anyways. Unless you put something like Murkrow (Insomnia) in your team to counter Bellossom/Sunflora.

Ever heard of prediction? If he has his Sunflora up against the Bellossom, who just put it asleep, wouldn't Sunflora most likely use HP Fire (-> you get Macgarco in) or if the opponent tries to outpredict you and you know that he/she is capable of it and tries to use Solarbeam (->you send Swalot in).

Swalot counters Bellossom with Sludge Bomb, Fire Punch, Substitute, Toxic, Ice Beam, Encore (in some cases).

Also, so what if Sunflora gets 2-3HKO'd by HP Fire; it has Grasswhistle, so it'll get a chance, or two of them, to put the Bellossom asleep.

Seriously, Bellossom is not a threat to this team, especially if he puts Fire Punch on Swalot instead of Ice Beam.

Dragon_Seeker
08-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Plusle (F) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Plus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Fine. I like Encore more over Thunder Wave but whatever.

Swalot (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 96 HP / 176 Def / 236 SAtk
- Counter
- Encore
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

I still like Sludge Bomb over Ice Beam, since Ice Beam doesn't hit much worth knowing that Sludge Bomb wouldn't. And it says that you can't damage Hitmonchan without using Counter. And I don't see why you'd even worry about Bellossom between Magcargo and Swalot on the same team but whatever. Maybe if one gets put to sleep, yeah, but then you have Heal Bell Delcatty.

Fire Punch imo isn't much of a useful move here when you already stop Sunny Beamers (all of whom are pure grasses) with STAB Sludge Bomb anyways, which does in fact deal more damage too (90 * 1.5 * 2 = 270) vs (75 * 1.5 * 2 = 225) and it's a considerable amount.

Calcs say...

Fire Punch with 241 special attack on Bellossom only deals 184 on average with Sunlight
Sludge Bomb with 182 (0 EVs but no -atk nature) on Bellossom deals 191 damage on average

Sludge Bomb hits Bellossom harder come rain, sun, snow or shine. Unless Swalot's got a -attack nature and about 236 special attack EVs, which seems kind of wasteful to me (seeing how those evs would be so much better in defenses). Especially if he doesn't even OHKO Whiscash or Relicanth with all that special attack and he'd still 2HKO both of them if he stopped at 190 special attack stat or something lower like that.

Finally... Swalot with special defense EVs stops Bellossom damn near every time. And fyi, there's not much of a damage difference between nve solar beam and hp fire. 15 points iirc (120 *1.5 / 2 --> 90 vs 70 *1.5 --> 105). Neither move will deal much to Swalot if it's got a healthy dose of HP and special defense.

Swalot should be Relaxed or Bold (if you ignore this and keep to the special attacks).

Magcargo (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Overheat
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Yawn

First impression: Fire Blast > Overheat unless you have a CB, Selfdestruct and probably HP Grass/Rock Slide in the last two slots. Maybe Earthquake if you're obsessed with physicals. But HP Grass hits things Earthquake would (Sudowoodo, etc) and a few others harder (Whiscash, Corsola, Relicanth).

I never really liked Magcargo without Hidden Power Grass but whatever. This just screams for Relicanth to come in and he can bash things up once he actually does get in. Besides which, I can't think of much that Rock Slide would hit that a sunlight-boosted Fire Blast (or Hidden Power Grass) wouldn't hit harder.

I dunno. I haven't tried that set. I always used HP Grass/Rest/Sleep Talk/Fire Blast or some silly kamikaze set on a for shits and giggles team. Absorbed Sleep Powders nicely and it could work with you having a Heal Beller. Gives something to asborb grasswhistle, which might be nice.

Sunflora (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 38 HP / 252 Spd / 220 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Grasswhistle
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Solar Beam
- Sunny Day

Use Modest. The only reason to run Timid is if you're scared shitless of Raticate... which is fine, but even so you only need 162 speed stat. In this case, though, I'd say screw Raticate. Max speed, lots of special attack. I like 56 HP so you have 305 stat and more leftovers recovery but that's a preference thing.

Wailord (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 56 SAtk / 152 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Surf

200 Def / 56 SAtk / 252 SDef with Sassy will work better. Normally you'd max HP first but... Wailord's HP actually is double his defenses so in his case you do boost those first. And what crappy, terrible defenses they are.

Delcatty (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd / 76 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

I'd use a more defensive spread since this thing is meant to support more than anything else but whatever.

Beware of CM Chimecho, who rapes Magcargo, Wailord, Swalot, Plusle (after 1-2 Calm Minds) and strikes everything here hard as ****.

pokeplayer66
08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
use delibird with insomnia over murkrow with insomnia if youre going that route

Dragon_Seeker
08-23-2006, 11:43 PM
use delibird with insomnia over murkrow with insomnia if youre going that route
Delibird needs Hustle or it deserves to be shot...

Fossil Fusion
08-24-2006, 12:09 PM
I battled with my changes today i died to a Chimecho -_- any suggestions what i should take out for Murkrow/Mightyena?

Dragon_Seeker
08-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Beware of CM Chimecho, who rapes Magcargo, Wailord, Swalot, Plusle (after 1-2 Calm Minds) and strikes everything here hard as ****.
I battled with my changes today i died to a Chimecho -_-
Wow I'm good.

Tbh I'd make Magcargo a RestTalker and then drop Delcatty. It's not doing much but offering para support (and sporadic Heal Bells), which is fine, but you already have Plusle for T-Waving and if we're being honest, Delcatty takes about as many hits as Plusle does.

Murkrow would also give you some needed firepower.

And if you absolutely insisted on it, you could even use Thunder Wave on Murkrow instead of Double-Edge/Return/whatever. Just give it HP Grass/Drill Peck/Shadow Ball/filler with one of those smexy choice bands (Lonely or Naughty nature plz).

Oh, and I realized you wouldn't have a Heal Beller with Murkrow, so you might want to strongly consider ridding your Wailord of Rest and throwing Hidden Power Flying there for Hitmonchan/Tangela/Bellossom/pokemon because without Heal Bell support, Wailord seems like it's a piss-poor Rester.