PDA

View Full Version : It's Official, Pluto is no longer a planet.

Surly Professor
08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
The fate of Pluto is now decided and it is no longer considered a planet. So from now on our solar system has "only" eight planets.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/5282440.stm

I was planning on going to the International Astronomical Unions homepage to see if I could find an article or two fron them on the subject but it appears as though their page is too busy to let me connect to them. Here's the address if you want to try it yourself:

http://www.iau.org/

!CeMAn
08-24-2006, 09:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/5282440.stm

That's amazing.
Finally some news worth talking about. I agree, it's time to start defining a planet. For example, i never understood how something like Jupiter is considered a "planet" when it's nothing but gas. Our Moon is more of a planet than Jupiter, iMHO...
Digressing.

Just WOW.
Maybe i'm getting old and boring, but i think it's awesome that something like this occurs in my lifetime.

Sixto
08-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I know, bummer. I really liked the little guy. :tongue3:

No, but seriously. I think it should keep its Planet status simply because it's been one for 75 years. So what if there are other things the size of Pluto? When they discovered Pluto, why didn't they see the other "objects" that were Pluto's size? I saw we keep it. If you ask a kid to name the planets, chances are one of the first 5 they name, one of them will be Pluto. We love it, it's the smallest, the furthest and the oddball.

Don't worry Pluto, we still love you! :tongue3:

Ridley
08-24-2006, 09:06 PM
This is an outrage!

I grew up with Pluto being a planet

Thrall
08-24-2006, 09:09 PM
I believe that this was a good thing. Pluto is no more than a oversized Meteor. I've been saying this for months. Even my teacher disagreed with me. Now when school starts, I'm gonna rub it in her face!

Ridley
08-24-2006, 09:12 PM
No matter what people say, I'm still gonna think of Pluto as a planet.

Unless they point a gun to my head

Umbreon 1
08-24-2006, 09:15 PM
It looks like schoolkids are going to start learning a new mnemonic device for the ol' solar system:

My
Very
Eager
Mother
Just
Served
Us
NACHOS!

Sleepy Sheep
08-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I always considered Pluto being taken out, but in a joking manner. Now it's true and I'm not happy.

They can't do this. It's an important part of the Solar System, infact it's the first one I think of. Science will never be the same.

miyoun
08-24-2006, 09:35 PM
I think everyone who was born in 2003 and below have to repeat school.

BSSM will have to be re-made, WITHOUT SAILOR PLUTO OMFGWTFBBQ

Apperently on channel 4 news, they are trying to identify tihngs bigger than Pluto to see if they can be planets.

Pluto I love you <3

Surly Professor
08-24-2006, 09:50 PM
That's amazing.
Finally some news worth talking about. I agree, it's time to start defining a planet. For example, i never understood how something like Jupiter is considered a "planet" when it's nothing but gas. Our Moon is more of a planet than Jupiter, iMHO...
Digressing.

Just WOW.
Maybe i'm getting old and boring, but i think it's awesome that something like this occurs in my lifetime.

Well, planets aren't decided apon by there composition, but rather their size & orbit. And Jupiter more than qualifies in the size department. In fact Jupiter is so large that it expells more heat than it recieves, and isn't thought to be too far from reaching flash point and being a star itself; if it had some extra matter to push it over the edge.
Right now it isn't clear if Jupiter has a solid surface or not. But a body that size is sure to have an iron core, solid or not.

The Moon is technically a planetoid based on it's size alone, but first & foremost it is a moon. Moons orbit planets, planets orbit stars.

This has been an issue for quite some time. So I was never really attached to Pluto being called a planet. It's just so different from the other Gods. It's orbit is so tilted and ellpitical, it can't even stay in the lines. It's also very small compared to the other named "planets". It isn't even the largest planetoid in the Kuiper Belt.
Not exactly a sticking point, but if Pluto were to get close enough to the sun it would grow a tail like a comet, and that's something that we wouldn't expect a planet to do.

I don't like the term "dwarf planet" though. We already have the established "Planetoid", which means the exact same thing.

Nasty Plasty
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Pluto not a planet!?!? Its gonna take me years to get used to that.

Dakota
08-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Does this mean that Ceres and Xena will become planets?

!CeMAn
08-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, planets aren't decided apon by there composition, but rather their size & orbit. And Jupiter more than qualifies in the size department.
Right now it isn't clear if Jupiter has a solid surface or not. But a body that size is sure to have an iron core, solid or not.

The Moon is technically a planetoid based on it's size alone, but first & foremost it is a moon. Moons orbit planets, planets orbit stars.

I don't like the term "dwarf planet" though. We already have the established "Planetoid", which means the exact same thing.
Iron core or not, i think a planet should be defined by something that animals can walk around on. If Jupiter is just a lil iron core(the size of Earth, Mercury or Pluto, surrounded by a massive atmosphere of gas, that's not a planet.
Orbiting around a star seems like a fair enough definition, i'll admit... but it's essentially a ball of gas. I call that a celestial body.

The Moon, hell, i say it's a planet, but i think, based on the definiton[of orbiting planets], i'll concede.
Put that in my ignorant file.

I agree.
Planetoid is much better and Dwarf Planet is only going to create controversy and confusion; We'll need to rework the entire thing.

Surly Professor
08-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Iron core or not, i think a planet should be defined by something that animals can walk around on. If Jupiter is just a lil iron core(the size of Earth, Mercury or Pluto, surrounded by a massive atmosphere of gas, that's not a planet.
Orbiting around a star seems like a fair enough definition, i'll admit... but it's essentially a ball of gas. I call that a celestial body.
Sure, the terrestrial planets seem more... substancial on the surface. But they are, almost all of them, surrounded by an atmosphere of gas as well. The gasious planets just have an atmosphere that is much thicker. But concidering the fact that the gas giants are the largest of planets; it only makes sense that they would have a thicker outer layer to match their inner ones.
We do not yet know if a solid surface exists on Jupiter. Jupiter's clouds are thought to be about 30 miles (50 km) thick. Below this there is a 13,000 mile (21,000 km) thick layer of hydrogen and helium which changes from gas to liquid as the depth and pressure increase. Beneath the liquid hydrogen layer is a 25,000 mile (40,000 km) deep sea of liquid metallic hydrogen. Beneath this, there might be a solid core which is about one and a half times the size of Earth, but thirty times more massive. The temperature here would be about 55,000 Fahrenheit (30,000 Celsius) and the pressure would be tremendous because of the weight of the atmosphere above.
It's just that because Jupiter is so much larger that it has hung onto a lot more of the hydrogen & helium that Earth & the other smaller bodies of the solar system have long since lost. And it's enormous mass has crushed it's "solids" into a very dense core surrounded by an "atmosphere" so pressurized that it has become liquid.
If you can imagine releasing gravity's harness from Jupiter and it was allowed to expand to the density of the Earth: it's solid surface & gasious atmosphere would not be so out of proportion in comparison.
Basically, every celestrial body is made of the same general mixture of the periodic table's contents, but stranger & stranger things start happening to these familiar elements the bigger these chunks of matter get.
We just call them planets as long as they are massive enough to round themselves out, and not quite massive enough to ignite into stars.

Lotad
08-25-2006, 03:18 AM
I heard about this about three hours ago... I just wish they never dropped him from our solar system. I mean, he does have his own orbit, though it is more oval-like, and crosses Neptune's path two to four times in it's revolution. I still will be faithful to: My Very Egar Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas (How I learned it...), but I guess Nachos will have to do for now...

Surly Professor
08-25-2006, 03:41 AM
I heard about this about three hours ago... I just wish they never dropped him from our solar system. I mean, he does have his own orbit, though it is more oval-like, and crosses Neptune's path two to four times in it's revolution. I still will be faithful to: My Very Egar Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas (How I learned it...), but I guess Nachos will have to do for now...
Well, it's not as if we're kicking it out of the solar system. We really just had to make a hard decision. It was either down grade Pluto, or upgrade over a dozen other bodies in the solar system to planet status.
Now which would you rather have?

It's become more of an issue lately because we are discovering new planets all of the time in other star systems, and we really needed a clear cut criteria for what we are going to classify these bodies.

Jack of Clovers
08-25-2006, 06:27 PM
It looks like schoolkids are going to start learning a new mnemonic device for the ol' solar system:

My
Very
Eager
Mother
Just
Served
Us
NACHOS!
That was the first thing I thought about. Think about all those kids that learned about the planets last year and now they have to forget one. :dazed:

It's good to see advancements in science, especially outer space.

~Jack~

Stefanifan2
08-26-2006, 03:06 AM
:-/ my fave planet after earth, jupiter, venus, and neptune is a dwarf. ahsfkj

CaisyGold
08-26-2006, 03:37 AM
Well... Now my third grade Science Report means nothing. It was a cool project! I had this little electric spinny thing-a-muh-bob-ber set-up. Well, at least it's a "Dwarf" Planet.

LOL-:sweat:

!CeMAn
08-26-2006, 05:32 PM
That was the first thing I thought about. Think about all those kids that learned about the planets last year and now they have to forget one. :dazed:
I don't think it's all that difficult to forget one planet.
At least it's on the end and not somewhere in the middle with Saturn or Jupiter. It doesn't mess up the little poem too much.

Lotad
08-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, it's not as if we're kicking it out of the solar system. We really just had to make a hard decision. It was either down grade Pluto, or upgrade over a dozen other bodies in the solar system to planet status.
Now which would you rather have?

It's become more of an issue lately because we are discovering new planets all of the time in other star systems, and we really needed a clear cut criteria for what we are going to classify these bodies.
That's a good point, and we should focus on what a Planet is, before deciding every single thing we find is a planet... Also, I just thought of something weird. They have to rewrite Sailor Moon now, since Pluto isn't a planet anymore...

Surly Professor
08-27-2006, 06:40 PM
They have to rewrite Sailor Moon now, since Pluto isn't a planet anymore...
The Moon isn't a planet either, so I don't think the "planet" thing will effect their cosmic powers.

Ham and Cheese
08-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh well, Pluto will always be a planet in my heart.

[/mushy]

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Now that its not a planet, I can complete my lifes true dreams.

Callum
08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I know, bummer. I really liked the little guy. :tongue3:

No, but seriously. I think it should keep its Planet status simply because it's been one for 75 years. So what if there are other things the size of Pluto? When they discovered Pluto, why didn't they see the other "objects" that were Pluto's size? I saw we keep it. If you ask a kid to name the planets, chances are one of the first 5 they name, one of them will be Pluto. We love it, it's the smallest, the furthest and the oddball.

Don't worry Pluto, we still love you! :tongue3:

People everywhere know what Pluto is lol. Atleast it is still a Dwarf planet. It was my favourite lol :hungry:

Espeon Rinage
08-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Well, My school will have fun believing this, maybe they'll know, since they are supposed to know everything o_O.

Dorapion316
08-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Great I did a report on Pluto and handed it in today now I am gonna get a bad grade :sad:

Matt
08-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Kids are going to be coming up to me when I'm old and saying, "Sir, how many planets are there?" And I'll be saying, "Eight, but back in my day, we had nine planets, and couldn't instantly teleport to any of them."

Btw, my mom's boyfriend was at the meeting fighting to save Pluto, he's an astronomer. Too bad. =(

RouteMaster
08-27-2006, 08:39 PM
My Physics teacher is going to be pleased. That's one less planet to learn for the exams. With my classmates, that's one less chance to fail.

Jack of Clovers
08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
My Physics teacher is going to be pleased. That's one less planet to learn for the exams. With my classmates, that's one less chance to fail.
I'm sure teachers will still teach Pluto and how it used to be a planet but now it's not. Then they'll introduce a lecture on Dwarf Planets. :tongue:

~Jack~

Vampire
08-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Awww, poor pluto...I can't believe its gone!

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-27-2006, 09:10 PM
Awww, poor pluto...I can't believe its gone!

It's still there, but now we can call it a noob planet. ^____^

Vampire
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
It's still there, but now we can call it a noob planet. ^____^
Lol...Pluto rules!
*thing about fav planet...Goes to make poll*

Ironshell Blastoise
08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Most of the discussion makes it seem like they destroyed Pluto. It's still out there, chill out.

3 weeks ago, they were considering putting 3 other objects into the Solar System as planets, like the UB2003 something, Charon, Cheres, and one other thing. Can't remember exact names, but one is in the astroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, one is the moon of Pluto, one is past Pluto, and the other is a moon somewhere ._.

Poltergeist
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Pluto will be missed. I wish they instead just added the other 3 planets. That would be cool to have eleven planets.

Vampire
08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Most of the discussion makes it seem like they destroyed Pluto. It's still out there, chill out.

3 weeks ago, they were considering putting 3 other objects into the Solar System as planets, like the UB2003 something, Charon, Cheres, and one other thing. Can't remember exact names, but one is in the astroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, one is the moon of Pluto, one is past Pluto, and the other is a moon somewhere ._.
Moon...I love the moon...They say one of jupitars moon call Titan, may have life as it has water...below it ice CAPS.

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-27-2006, 09:40 PM

What's going to happen to Steelix?

hogsbff
08-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Pluto may be forgotten in a couple of years but we, we! We will always remember, Pluto was like a second home.

Vampire
08-27-2006, 09:44 PM
My Very Easy Method Just Speeds Up Naming Planets
Thats how I remember the order of the planets...But now pluto gone...

Surly Professor
08-28-2006, 08:44 PM

Yeah, except it was more like 15+ objects, and no moons, "moons" can never be called "planets" because they don't orbit stars.
Ceres, 2003 UB313 a.k.a. Xena, & Pluto, are only the first 3 objects to be given the new "dwarf planet" title, with many more to follow.

Elmo's Heaven!!
08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
I miss that little icy planet. Meh.

Crossfire Chaos
08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
It would have been better to just give Pluto a "Honarary Planet" Title and make all others not as big become asteroids. "Dwarf Planet" sound like "White Dwarf" and we all know that it's still technicaly a star, so the scientists solved nothing, they just made our live more complicated. Now we have Planet classes "Dwarf" and "Regular pretty soon they'll start calling jupiter types "Giant".

Well I guess we'll all have to say now...
My Very Educated Mother Just Said, "No Pluto."

TDD91
08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Good news guys, there are officially nine planes in the Solar System again!

They just declared Neo's shoe the 9th one

Surly Professor
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
It would have been better to just give Pluto a "Honarary Planet" Title and make all others not as big become asteroids. "Dwarf Planet" sound like "White Dwarf" and we all know that it's still technicaly a star, so the scientists solved nothing, they just made our live more complicated. Now we have Planet classes "Dwarf" and "Regular pretty soon they'll start calling jupiter types "Giant".

Well I guess we'll all have to say now...
My Very Educated Mother Just Said, "No Pluto."
Well if you want to get technical, and I do.
We already call the gas giants "Jovian Planets", and the smaller rocky worlds, "Terrestrial Planets". Maybe one day we'll use these terms more and all of the dwarves, terrestrials, and jovians will fall under the broader term of "planet" again.

hsb39
09-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Good news guys, there are officially nine planes in the Solar System again!

They just declared Neo's shoe the 9th one
Really??? Where? I must have not been reading the Newspapers, could somebody please tell me???

zackery_2000
09-01-2006, 10:25 PM
why is pluto is not your planet no more.:banana:

Takei
09-01-2006, 10:51 PM
why is pluto is not your planet no more.:banana:

Read the whole thread and you might understand, there's a bunch of information here. In the first post included, maybe pay more attention before posting?

Alonso
09-14-2006, 01:20 AM
That's amazing.
Digressing.

Just WOW.
lol. This reminds me on 9/11 (2001) at school, one of my friends was in music class and they were watching the news on TV in the music room and when they saw the plane crash in the tower he yells out "WE LIVE THROUGH HISTORY!!!"

Moon...I love the moon...They say one of jupitars moon call Titan, may have life as it has water...below it ice CAPS.

No...it is called Europa...get your facts straight. And also it doesn't have ice caps below because then what would there be on top? Water? Scientists believe there is water below the icy surface layer.

Whatever...pluto had a messed up orbit anyway. It crossed with Neptune's orbit.:tongue:

Surly Professor
09-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Pluto has been renamed 134340.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060915-pluto-name.html

Shadow Kyogre GT2
09-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Only 8 planets seems a bit wierd.:ermm:

Jack of Clovers
09-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Pluto has been renamed 134340.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/09/060915-pluto-name.html
For shame. It's not even a name anymore. What's else can they do to degrade Pluto, destroy it with nukes? :rolleyes:

I'm all for classification, but I think they're going too far.

~Jack~

Oz Ranger
09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Sure, it might not have been the size. However, they should have kept it for the historical value it has. And now they rename it to a binary-like code? This is just really weird, only having eight planets in our solar system.

Surly Professor
09-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Sure, it might not have been the size. However, they should have kept it for the historical value it has. And now they rename it to a binary-like code? This is just really weird, only having eight planets in our solar system.

OK, maybe it wasn't "renamed", it was just given a numerical name that all astral bodies are given (except planets within our own system) in addition to it's regular name.

But it's not about the size, it's what you do with it. And Pluto didn't keep it's orbit inline with the other 8 planets, and it has not cleared it's own orbit of debris (also a requirement of planetude). So it really doesn't qualify to be called a planet by the new definition, and the numerical name is just for the books, don't expect to ever hear Pluto referred by that number... well, ever again in all likelyhood.

Another thing: I'm suprised no one said anything about 'Xena' actually being "renamed" 'Eris'.
Xena seemed to be a pretty popular name, but I think Eris is much more befitting.

Reign-of-Dreams
09-20-2006, 03:36 AM
This is upsetting to me. D:

Now what am I supposed to say to remember the planets? "My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us..." Noodles? Nothing?

Being as I'm out of Earth/Space Science, I will still call Pluto a planet. I will be wrong, but it's not like I'm ever right.

Seven
09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
This is upsetting to me. D:

Now what am I supposed to say to remember the planets? "My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us..." Noodles? Nothing?

Being as I'm out of Earth/Space Science, I will still call Pluto a planet. I will be wrong, but it's not like I'm ever right.

How about you just remember them? You have a brain right? I'm sure you can manage to remember 8 planets in the right order then, jeez. Don't make such a big deal people, it's just a definition.

lugia_ho-oh
09-22-2006, 12:21 AM
They probally said Pluto wasn't a planet because news reporters have nothing else to talk about.

Alonso
09-26-2006, 11:13 PM
For shame. It's not even a name anymore. What's else can they do to degrade Pluto, destroy it with nukes? :rolleyes:

~Jack~

That just reminded me of that episode in Fairly Odd Parents when the president had a remote control to blow up the world. And at the end they push it and it blew up the Pluto. Why did they give it a number? Why can't they just leave Pluto?

The renaming of Xena also perturbed me. Eris? What for?

DID YOU KNOW: That Jupiter gives off twice as much radiation as it receives from the Sun. :eh: :eh: :eh:

Surly Professor
09-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Why did they give it a number? Why can't they just leave Pluto?
We track all of the objects we discover, and numbers are easier for the computers.
It's still known as Pluto to all who love it though.
Well, I guess we shouldn't really say Xena was "renamed", because it was never officially named in the first place. And Eris is a very befitting name for the object.
Eris is the goddess of discord, strife, & struggle; a goddess of the battlefield with an insatiable bloodlust.
Just as Pluto is the god of the underworld; ruler of the dead.
DID YOU KNOW: That Jupiter gives off twice as much radiation as it receives from the Sun. :eh: :eh: :eh:
I don't believe it's twice as much but, yes, it does radiate more heat than it recieves.
Not shocking at all, knowing that Jupiter isn't all that far from being a brown dwarf star itself.

Mime Jr
09-27-2006, 02:40 AM
Has anyone heard of the fluffy planet?

Surly Professor
09-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Has anyone heard of the fluffy planet?
HAT-P-1, it's both the largest & least dense of the almost 200 extra solar planets discovered so far.
Also odd, HAT-P-1's orbit is very close to it's parent star; only about 1/12th the distance the Earth is from the Sun. It also has an extremely short orbital period; it's "year" is only 4.5 days long.
It's quite the curiousity. We may just have a new class of planet on out hands here.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/09/14/puffy.planet.ap/index.html

Mime Jr
09-27-2006, 03:10 AM
What do you mean new class? I'm not smart.

SiberianTiger
09-27-2006, 04:28 AM
I missed the memo man got declaring that they decide everything in the universe, in other words Pluto is still a Planet!!!!!

~Isaiah

Surly Professor
09-27-2006, 11:14 PM
What do you mean new class?
Currently there are 3 classes of planets. There are the "Dwarf Planets" that are big enough to be round. There are "Terrestrial Planets" that have regular & cleaned out orbits. Then there are the larger "Jovian Planets" often called Gas Giants.

These new "fluffy" objects are a bit different than the "Gas Giants" we are already familar with. Once we learn more about them we may decide they are different enough to be concidered their own type of planet.
I missed the memo man got declaring that they decide everything in the universe, in other words Pluto is still a Planet!!!!!
Well, as the only sentient beings currently known to exist it kinda is our job to learn about, name, & classify the universe of which we are a part.
We were the ones who called it a planet in the first place. It wasn't like... divinely ordaned into planethood.

And besides... it still is a planet, it's just a "Dwarf Planet", like the Earth is a "Terrestrial Planet". They're all technically "planets" as long as they're big enough to round themselves out with their own gravity, and small enough to avoid reaching flashpoint and turn into stars.
It's just not in the pantheon of big jovian & terrestrial worlds anymore.
Which is fair because if it had remained... you would have to keep learning new planets all the time. And these "new" planets wouldn't be anything more than glorified comets like Pluto & Eris.

Mime Jr
09-28-2006, 01:41 AM
That's really cool. I could never be a scientist, but I love learn about his stuff.

lugia_ho-oh
09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
That just reminded me of that episode in Fairly Odd Parents when the president had a remote control to blow up the world. And at the end they push it and it blew up the Pluto. Why did they give it a number? Why can't they just leave Pluto?

That's exactly what I thought!

Alakazam
09-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Actually, it wasn't a "renaming" of Xena, more like they finally gave it a name ("Eris"). Xena was an unofficial name for the dwarf planet.

boltAge
09-30-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure what most intellectuals here are explaining stuff to the noobs for since if they can't comprehend why Pluto's name was changed in the first place, they ain't likely worth your time.

Surly Professor
09-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure what most intellectuals here are explaining stuff to the noobs for since if they can't comprehend why Pluto's name was changed in the first place, they ain't likely worth your time.
Education is always a worthwhile endeavor.

Alonso
10-01-2006, 10:11 PM
HAT-P-1, it's both the largest & least dense of the almost 200 extra solar planets discovered so far.
Also odd, HAT-P-1's orbit is very close to it's parent star; only about 1/12th the distance the Earth is from the Sun. It also has an extremely short orbital period; it's "year" is only 4.5 days long.
It's quite the curiousity. We may just have a new class of planet on out hands here.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/09/14/puffy.planet.ap/index.html

Yes I did hear about that planet. It would be able to float on water as it said in the article.

Actually, it wasn't a "renaming" of Xena, more like they finally gave it a name ("Eris"). Xena was an unofficial name for the dwarf planet.
Kind of like the Nintendo Wii case. It was the revolution and then Wii.

boltAge really pisses me off.

vgbri
10-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I you ask me this is a step forward! I see it 1 down 7 to go. Then we blow up Earh for fun. I just hope it doesn't take another billion years to get rid of Neptune!

TVTMaster
10-16-2006, 12:30 AM
Dang... I'd much rather have nine big honking pizzas than some stupid, soggy, measly nachos. And Pluto really isn't that much smaller than Mercury. The whole with with its moon oribiting around each other made me hate Pluto since January up till its deplanetification.