PDA

View Full Version : It's Coming... soon...

Jack of Clovers
08-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Currently preparing the Contest sticky threads. The Contest League may come out late Sept. or middle Oct.

Now, I'm looking for a few people to be Judges to help start it off. If you think you can be a competant Judge, let me know. However, I will only be handing out a few at first, and older members will have priority vs newer members. The week before it's out, I will pick the select Judges and show them how judging will be done.

Things to look forward to:
-Berries
-Berry Blender making Pokeblocks
-Guide to Contest moves
-I have formulas for Berry Blending and the Primary Round.

-Contest League--

This is the part I created, for fun. Basically, all Pokemon have to start at the Normal Contest level for whatever attribute (let's say Cool). If you win that, then that Pokemon can compete in the next level, Super Cool Contest. And then Hyper Cool, and finally Master Cool. Once that Pokemon reaches that level, the Coordinator may challenge The Cool Contest Leader for the ribbon. The challenge is to get the most ribbons on your Pokemon. I think you get the general idea.

If there is anything you want to suggest about contest, feel free to put it here.

Judges Applying

~Jack~

Ham and Cheese
08-29-2006, 02:22 AM
This looks flippin' sweet.

The only reason I go back and play Sapphire again is so that I can raise berries and blend them for contests. xD

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to this.

.AzureLight
08-29-2006, 02:23 AM
Well, since I pretty much live for contests nowadays in my GBA carts, I'd like to apply to become a judge. I know exactly (well, 85% at least) how contests are run and the formulas and stuff, so yeah. :oops:

I can't wait! :biggrin:

Nasty Plasty
08-29-2006, 02:26 AM
I may be a good judge. I work hard on Sapphire winning Master Contests.

Stefanifan2
08-29-2006, 02:26 AM
This sounds fun, neat and exciting I cant wait!!:biggrin: May I apply to be a judge? I think it would be great to do something new.

We Taste Pies...
08-29-2006, 02:34 AM
I always didn't really care about contests, but I'm willing ot give it a try, though it'll probably even more complicating than normal URPG is. I'm disapointed that you didn't say anything about pokepark:neutral:

Also, will this affect Feebasses' evoloution?

Ham and Cheese
08-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Feebass? XD

But yeah, this could get pretty complicated on a forum.

.AzureLight
08-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Feebass? XD

But yeah, this could get pretty complicated on a forum.

Not at all. Jack has a formula for Pokeblocks (or he should :wink:) and Feebas evolves once it's beauty is over 100. :tongue:

Jack of Clovers
08-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Feebas needs max Beauty, so it's 125. But I think we'll leave Feebas to evolve by the stone. It's easier that way.

~Jack~

We Taste Pies...
08-29-2006, 02:53 AM
Feebas needs max Beauty, so it's 125. But I think we'll leave Feebas to evolve by the stone. It's easier that way.

~Jack~

phew, thats a releif, just in case I could actually come up with a story to catch one:crackup:

.AzureLight
08-29-2006, 02:55 AM

~Jack~

I thought it was anything over 100... :ermm:

Meh, whatever. I was wrong. :sad:

Seawolf
08-29-2006, 03:48 AM
Aw, I love hearing people talk about the Feebas family. :goofy:

I still want to enter my Milotic in a Beauty contest, as I said to Elfenbow months before ... she will own.

Zan Sabrefang
08-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Great idea! Now I need to get to work on finding something for Abra to participate in.... XD

DarkChild
08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Looks awesome, but it might not be my style of fun, but it may be..

Fossil Fusion
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Lol, my Gengar won the first ever contest! Plus Jack Elfenbow should be a judge :wink:

EDIT: Im doing this on his behalf since he created this idea.

LS
08-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Awsome pokemon contests. I'll think of being a judge if you still have room.

DarkGardevoir
08-29-2006, 05:39 PM
wow...finally.

It's going to be fun.

But judges have to be refs too?

Because in the anime, it worked like a normal battle

Jack of Clovers
10-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Things are progressing. I'm working on the Contest Moves list currently. After that, one more thing to type out and I'm finished.

If anyone is still interested in being a Judge, or an emplyee at the Berry Store, post here and let me know.

~Jack~

Subside
10-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Hmm, maybe being active in a new part of the URPG is what i need to re-kindle my activeness. So why not, I'll apply for the employee and judge positions.

EDIT: May i ask what the pay is like for the judges? also will the contests be held on the forum or over AIM?

Dr Scott
10-03-2006, 12:05 AM
I'll be happy to mess with the Berry Store, but I'd like to know what I'd have to do before I agreed on becoming a judge, but if I learned how to do it I think I'll be happy being a judge ^^

Jack of Clovers
10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
EDIT: May i ask what the pay is like for the judges? also will the contests be held on the forum or over AIM?
Pay- can't remember off the top of my head. But it's decent for now. Could go up or down depending on necessity.
Contests- held on both messenger and forum. Messenger will be a lot faster and easier though. The only trouble might be finding all five people in order to participate. We'll see what happens.

~Jack~

King Zark
10-03-2006, 01:22 AM
I can be judge. I know the game and the contest really well. all i need is to know how exactly this all works.

Seawolf
10-03-2006, 01:45 AM
:oops: I am interested in either positions. I can start playing Emerald again and go through the contests if need be. I've always been interested in these being held in URPG.

Lotad
10-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Hmm... I guess this could give me something else to do, at least until I decide to bother Marth about my Ref Test... ^^; I could work at the Berry Store...

Focal
10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Jack, sign me up for Judge, you know I'm qualified ;)

boltAge
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't think judges should be paid. Judging something is no work at all. You can't pay someone to express an unprofessional opinion.

Subside
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
I don't think judges should be paid. Judging something is no work at all. You can't pay someone to express an unprofessional opinion.
Well from what i have gathered the judges will have to decipher the effects of the attacks in the second phase of the contest, how much of an appeal it will have, how it will effect the other pokémon and so forth. I think they derve to be paid for that. It's another form of reffing.

DarkGardevoir
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
If anyone is still interested in being a Judge, or an emplyee at the Berry Store, post here and let me know.

~Jack~

Berry store Emplyee!Berry store Emplyee

sounds much easier than be a judge...

SiberianTiger
10-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I migt apply to work in the store, I just make sure purchases are valid right?

I have every master rank with 6 guys each btw.

~Isaiah

ball
10-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I can be a Judge... Berry store Emplyee also works.

Btw Jack, will the berries will be for the use as hold items... It would be nice to get my hands on a salac berry.

Jack of Clovers
10-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Btw Jack, will the berries will be for the use as hold items... It would be nice to get my hands on a salac berry.
No. I don't think they ever will. They aren't needed.

~Jack~