PDA

View Full Version : Evs?

EderFranco
08-30-2006, 03:02 AM
well... i've just started to play gold n silver n i wanted to know if there r EVs like there r in the GBA versions, also if the same goes 4 R/B/Y. If there r may u tell me the better places to train the different stats?

SiberianTiger
08-30-2006, 03:07 AM
well... i've just started to play gold n silver n i wanted to know if there r EVs like there r in the GBA versions, also if the same goes 4 R/B/Y. If there r may u tell me the better places to train the different stats?

Yes, or I assume yes because in G/S/C Ev's decide if its a shiny or not, the better the Ev's the better chance of shinies.

Check Serebii.net for what pokemon give what i'll post link when I edit.

here you go: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml Just pick what stat you want to know.

~Isaiah

EderFranco
08-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Yes, or I assume yes because in G/S/C Ev's decide if its a shiny or not, the better the Ev's the better chance of shinies.

Check Serebii.net for what pokemon give what i'll post link when I edit.

here you go: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml Just pick what stat you want to know.

~Isaiah
that link is about the GBA versions, I want to know about the GBC versions (R/B/Y/G/S/C)...
BTW, EV means effort value, n i don't see how may this affect the chance of finding shinies

SiberianTiger
08-30-2006, 03:43 AM
that link is about the GBA versions, I want to know about the GBC versions (R/B/Y/G/S/C)...
BTW, EV means effort value, n i don't see how may this affect the chance of finding shinies

I know what Ev's are, and you are right about the shinies, I got mixed up those are Iv's, But yes Ev's do exist in G/S/C and I'm pretty sure in R/B/Y. And that link is only because you asked where to train, and it list what pokemon give what which includes G/S/C pokemon.

~Isaiah

!CeMAn
08-30-2006, 04:29 AM
How do i explain this..?
In RBY/ GSC, they are called DVs, and they determine what the highest possible stat a pokemon can reach in Att, Def, Speed, S. Att & S. Def, will be.
In those games, it's possible to have MAX STATs in all categories. You just need the right DVs. If you look on our GSC PokeDex, on the PE2k MainPage, you can check highest and lowest possible stats for each pokemon.
If a pokemon's Attack rating, is the highest it can be, then it's DV for Attack is 15. If it's the lowest, it is 0. Basically, the closer it's rating is to the highest, the higher it's DV is. If it's 4 points lower than the MAX, it's got a DV of about 13. And, these DV Values are final. You can't train them a certain way to boost their attack how you want it, like in RSE. All you can do is train the hell out of it and make sure it reaches it's full potential.

Most pokemon you come across in the wild won't have DVs of 15 in more than one or two categories, at the most. But, they can have 11s, 12s and 13s quite often(which is decent unless you're looking for serious competetive play- which doesn't really exist these days in that version except in NetBattle where all pokemon have Maxed DVs anyways). If you ever wanted DVs of 15 across the board, be prepared to breed several together.

That's my crash course in DVs(eVs/ iVs whatever) and what they are in RBY/GSC.
You need any more information, check out GameFaqs. They have plenty of guides on the subject, such as how to figure out your DVs.

SiberianTiger
08-30-2006, 04:37 AM
Apparently I was wrong:silenced: owned

Sorry

~Isaiah

!CeMAn
08-30-2006, 04:53 AM
The DVs will determine a shiny pokemon.
All shiny pokemon in the wild have the same DVs, which aren't very good :silenced:.

EderFranco
08-30-2006, 05:59 PM
ok, ty... mods r free to close this thread

!CeMAn
08-31-2006, 01:06 AM
ok, ty... mods r free to close this thread
I hope you understood all that :goofy:.