PDA

View Full Version : Proposal

Deathspector
09-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Wow, I haven't been in the Role Play section in ages.

It's definitely changed. I mean, I don't see all of the old faces (or display pictures) that I used to see here when I first joined. But instead, I see new faces, just as good as we all were. I suppose my RP skills have gotten a bit worse, which is why I raise this proposal. After spending quite a while in the Fan fiction section, I am happy to say that my overall writing skills have leaped and bound. But my skill with Role Playing with other members is not as good. I was once someone who only spent his time in the Role Play section. I don't intend on going back to that, but I intend on coming back to Role Play.

So, I ask all of you. I have ideas for a big series of Role Plays. I am thinking of having a Role Play Trilogy of sorts, where one massive plot is split into three different plots. Then we can get down to some serious Role Playing. I would have finished the storyline and posted it here, but I want the whole consent of the Role Players before I do so. So what I plan on doing, is asking any Role Players who are willing to put all that they've got, and will come online at least once every two days for long enough to post a reasonably good post in the Role Play.

Before I give any information on the Role Play, I'd like to see if there are any takers...

DS

Neo Emolga
09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Yep, I can do that. I'm great at coming up with incredibly long posts...

Sounds like a plan, I'm interested.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Depends on the storyline, but I'm in.

Lotad
09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Though I'm not the greatest at coming up with long posts, I am willing to join in this RolePlay, once I know what the storyline is.

Deathspector
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Yep, I can do that. I'm great at coming up with incredibly long posts...

Sounds like a plan, I'm interested.

Awesome. I wasn't expecting replies so soon. I'm gad you're interested. If this project gets off its feet, it'll be the first time I've seen you Role Play. I've rifled though some old posts, but never seen you actively play. I'm looking forward to that.

Depends on the storyline, but I'm in.

Of course; stupid me. Well, it takes place just a few years after the current anime. It also incorporates fantasy ideas that aren't there in the Pokémon world that we normally see, such as Alchemy, and perhaps some mythical creatures. I have the problem of only allowing a few people. I don't like Role Plays with too many. So by tomorrow or day after, I'll check how many takers we have, and then I'll show all of you the storyline, and we decide on some minor points.

DS

EDIT: Yeah, Milos. Read what I said for DU, I guess it's the same thing. Besides, I'm not only looking or long posts, but also good posts, with original ideas and stuff. Afterall, a Role Play is literally a story written by many different people.

Lotad
09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Of course; stupid me. Well, it takes place just a few years after the current anime. It also incorporates fantasy ideas that aren't there in the Pokémon world that we normally see, such as Alchemy, and perhaps some mythical creatures. I have the problem of only allowing a few people. I don't like Role Plays with too many. So by tomorrow or day after, I'll check how many takers we have, and then I'll show all of you the storyline, and we decide on some minor points.

DS

EDIT: Yeah, Milos. Read what I said for DU, I guess it's the same thing. Besides, I'm not only looking or long posts, but also good posts, with original ideas and stuff. Afterall, a Role Play is literally a story written by many different people.

I agree with you on the 'too many people for an RP'. I had done an RP that had something like 18 to 20 Characters (there were only 6 or 7 people.). I accidently killed two of my characters, sometime before the site went under do to inactivity. The site is currently dead, and I can't find the RP, since I think it was destroyed in the collapsing of the site... Having only three to four people RolePlaying seems so much of a better idea. And I like what it's going to have involved in it...

Deathspector
09-01-2006, 01:51 PM
I agree with you on the 'too many people for an RP'. I had done an RP that had something like 18 to 20 Characters (there were only 6 or 7 people.). I accidently killed two of my characters, sometime before the site went under do to inactivity. The site is currently dead, and I can't find the RP, since I think it was destroyed in the collapsing of the site... Having only three to four people RolePlaying seems so much of a better idea. And I like what it's going to have involved in it...

That's one thing I don''t like. Having people Role Play as more than one character. I feel that people should focuss on one character alone and make him or her a very good chacarter. Imagine the chaos it would be if the War RP had each person witn three of four characters each. Not to mention a pain in the behind for the judges.

DS

Lotad
09-01-2006, 01:57 PM
That's one thing I don''t like. Having people Role Play as more than one character. I feel that people should focuss on one character alone and make him or her a very good chacarter. Imagine the chaos it would be if the War RP had each person witn three of four characters each. Not to mention a pain in the behind for the judges.

DS

I was just thinking about that, because then it's like you are writing a book, since you need build up what characters look like more, and your posts would extend to no end. And Neo probably would have killed himself before he got up the second week results, since he had to search through probably 90 different charcters to figure out who owns which character and whole bunch of other stuff, he didn't want to or have to do. And ninety was an exaggeration, since I don't know how many people entered and or died.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
I hope it's not too late, but I'd like to try it. If there are too many people already, I understand...

Cidunyegi
09-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I'd like to try out for this, though a little more information might help. I've also been working on making longer posts.

Danne112
09-02-2006, 02:53 PM
(I know, I'm a newbie but:)

I had always wanted to join the war but I came a little too late for that, anyways I think more big RPs like the war would be awesome. Still, with school starting I don't have much time for Role Playing anymore, have fun without me though but definatly still go for it :happy:

Sceptile Frost
09-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Hey, I'll take a go at it.

Be warned, I suc at rping. Mostly out of inexpirience, as almost every rp I have joined has died by the third page.

But I'll definitely be active.

Lonsie
09-04-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm a newbie and very inacative but if I could hear more about the plot I would love to join! (If you would let me:tongue:)

Deathspector
09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Okay, I'm glad there are plenty of people who are interested in this. However, I have had bad experiences with Role Plays where people are extremely innactive, and the RP dies. So, SpazzedOutRayquaza, Cidunyegi, Sceptile Frost and lonewolf, I would really like a sample of your Role Playing. I've seen everyone elses, except Danne's. Speaking of which, I will gladly take you in as well. For reasons that can be seen in my signature, I won't be posting the plot for a long time now.

For those of you who want more information, you'll have to wait, because I had all of that writen down on my computer, and it's likely to get lost. DAMN YOU COMPUTER. Ahem...

DS

EDIT: Meh, I forgot to say this, but I think this is plenty of people already. Sorry for all of you hopefuls, but the Role Players are already chosen. Once those who I have asked send my samples.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
My example is "Fight to the Top." I post at least once a day, and I also started that Role Play. It's the only RP I ever tried to make...

Danne112
09-08-2006, 02:09 AM
*sigh* I'm very honored to have temporarily secured a position, but I didn't think I'd be this overwhelmed with school and I've had almost no time to post. As much as I'm dying to not miss out on a great opportunity like this I can't be active enough and I don't want to let anyone down. Like I said, I'm really bummed especially after seeing how enthusiastic everyone always was about the war, I wanted to be a part of something like that too. So have fun with it guys, I wish you the best for the new RP. Maybe I can catch another one in the summer if we decide to go large-scale again.

Draconic_Espeon
09-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Hm, this looks interesting. I'll have to check it out when you guys start. I won't join, just read it, if no one else cares. ^^

chihuahuaking88
09-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Look, I know that you said that you won't be accepting any more people, but since Danne left, could I join? I hope you allow this, as I want to be a part of this. I hope you accept. Here's an RP sample, just in case.

Sample:

(This is an older post from a VTM RP. It's also a quick post, so bear in mind it's not all that great).

Howmi felt the blood pumping in and out of his fangs, the warmth of it filling his mouth. Let go... don't do this! Another undead.... The passion of the Embrace held him, while every fiber of his being told him to stop. His legs trembled with weakness, as his arms lost their strength, and the urge to stop the Embrace was even harder to resist. He felt the final drop of blood left his lips, the embrace completed... and the pain of a stake through his heart as the Prince's lackies came to stop the ritual.

---

The vampire opened his eyes, the vision of his own siring subsiding. Howmi sat up on a cot, holding his face in his hands. A cold sweat... how piticular, considering his was dead. They're coming more often now... Howmi thought. Howmi began to pump blood through his heart to calm himself. Only a little, as not to drain him. His bearing returned to him, he took a look around at his not all-too-fimilar surroundings.

The dimly lit bulb held onto the wall for dear life, illumnating the single, concrete room. Cracks ran up the barren walls, showing the age of the damp basement. The floor was ladden with strips of carpet, as if it had just been torn out. A single fan hung on the ceiling, broken and dusty. The small window to his left let in no light, only the screams of the night. A scrach came at the door, the deathly sound resenating in the darkness. The vampire removed himself from his seat at the molded cot. As he walked to the splintering door, his footsteps echoed eirilly in the solitude. The undead man clasped the handled of the door, bring it to his side with a creak.

No human stood there, nor that of Vampire origins. The door closed with a louder creak then the last, as a German Shepeard padded his way to a second cot, his claws mimicking the sound of the vampires.

"Any luck, my friend?" Howmi barked softly... literally.

"The Prince should be able to meet you tonight," The dog replied in short, soft barks. He curled up in the covers of the cot, his toung out and panting.

"Good. Now we may be able to get out of this Hellhole," He said taking a look around him. The former prince had given him domain over a modest apartment, but due to a fire, he had to move. This was a transitory room, which he should have been out of a month ago. Due to the newlly instated Prince, his move had been delayed. Shame. Howmi had been quite close to the late Prince.

"Yes... uh, if you would, old chap," The dog wined, looking on with glassy eyes. The dog had been bred in England, one of the finest breeders at the time.

"Hmm? Oh yes. So sorry," Howmi replied in plain English. Getting up, he cut his wrist and let the dog lap up the blood. It was his time of the month, after all. At least he didn't have to deal with mood swings.

Howmi held his hand over his wrist, stoping the blood loss and letting it heal.

"Now, before our meeting with the prince... let us go find lunch! With that, the two left the apartment-basement, and made their way to the Prince's building.

Sceptile Frost
09-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey, DS, sorry that it took so long to come up with this, but this is for an rp I'm in over at SPPf.

~Near Saffron City, Kanto~

I walked forward silently in the pale-lit forest, my left hand lightly gripping my gun, the other a long black sword. Being a Shadow Crusader, this sword was my most important weapon. If I lost it, I would be expelled from Dark, not to mention it had a handy little knack to kill people.

Yes, the terrors of technology that Umbra has perfected!

As I proceeded forward, I raised my sword and pointed forward. Immediately, my men walked forward silently, each holding loaded pistols, cocked and ready to decimate.

Of course, we weren't SUPPOSED to need them. Saffron was OUR territory, not the territory of rebel scum.

"Ready, men?" I asked as I always did. Each of my twenty-one men nodded, quietly releasing their pokemon.

Ahead of us, low voices could be heard.

"We shall have to charge them, captain," said one.

"Yes, Private, we need to."

"They number twenty, sir," said another voice.

"Thank you, scout. Then let us charge."

"Rebel scum!" I sneered. "Charge!" I yelled, bursting forward.

A plane roared ahead, tearing across the night sky. A burst of light could be seen as a ball of fire fell upon us. I fell to the ground, holding my sword upwards, which glowed black.

A man stumbled past me, and I raised my arm into the air, pulling the trigger on my gun. The man fell to the ground, whimpering.

I smiled victoriously. Revenge was sweet. But my smile fell from my face. Somehow, it wasn't enough. I needed more. I cocked my gun once more, just in case.

Suddenly, an explosion rocked the area, sending balls of flaming embers through the wood. Trees around me exploded and I winced as ash fell upon my face. The sword would protect me.

All went black.

EDIT: And I realize you won't see this for a while. SORRY.

Deathspector
10-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Meh...sorry for not posting earlier. What with my computer crashing, and the ToD Roleplay, I've been a bit busy. In fact, I think I'll postpone this until after the ToD Role Play, so that I have time to figure out the problems.

DS

xxxSakura
10-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I will be willing to join in, but that is, if I managed to get a Sample typed up. I am no newbie to roleplaying though, but my exams are just tomorrow, so it may take a longer time, sorry ^^;

Deathspector
10-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I will be willing to join in, but that is, if I managed to get a Sample typed up. I am no newbie to roleplaying though, but my exams are just tomorrow, so it may take a longer time, sorry ^^;

Good luck with the exams.

Oh, and take your time. This is only coming out after ToD finishes

DS