PDA

View Full Version : Please check, I must know!

Charizard Trainer
09-02-2006, 02:13 AM
I just bought a pokemon silver. Now, I bought a Pokemon Gold a month or two ago, and I returned it because it would not save. Now, I've bought a Pokemon Silver, and this one won't save EITHER!!!! They were both used when I bought them, and I bought them both from the same company. I thought it might have been my Game Boy that was the problem, so I tried to play it on my N64(yes, I still have all that old stuff), but it wouldn't even load on my Pokemon Stadium 2, it just said, "Save Error." Would someone PLEASE tell me what the HECK is going on?

!CeMAn
09-02-2006, 02:28 AM
LoL @ N64 bein "old stuff"...

What's going on?
THE GAMES YOU'RE BUYING ARE USED AND CRAPPY.

Welcome to the world of used games.
You never know exactly what you're buying when it comes to old cartridges. First, i hope you didn't spend too much on them. Second, do they have a return policy??

Save Batteries can die on cartridges, so beware when buying them used.

Charizard Trainer
09-02-2006, 02:33 AM
LoL @ N64 bein "old stuff"...

What's going on?
THE GAMES YOU'RE BUYING ARE USED AND CRAPPY.

Welcome to the world of used games.
You never know exactly what you're buying when it comes to old cartridges. First, i hope you didn't spend too much on them. Second, do they have a return policy??

Save Batteries can die on cartridges, so beware when buying them used.

Are you kidding? I'm returning it TOMORROW.:susp: (EBgames) Plus, I buy used from them all the time, and this G/S deal is the first time I've ever been jipped.

However, the Save Battery?:eh: Tell me more...

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Eventually the save battery will run out, there's not much you can do about it. My Silver one ran out recently. It's going to happen to all the GB/GBC games eventually. You used to be able to send them to Nintendo and they'd replace it for you or something, but I dunno if they still do it.

Charizard Trainer
09-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Eventually the save battery will run out, there's not much you can do about it. My Silver one ran out recently. It's going to happen to all the GB/GBC games eventually. You used to be able to send them to Nintendo and they'd replace it for you or something, but I dunno if they still do it.

Oh. Well gee, that stinks.

Jhem
09-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Does anyone know about how long it takes for a save game battery to die?

Barret
09-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Does anyone know about how long it takes for a save game battery to die?

Must take awhile. I've had my Yellow and gold versions for quite a while a they still save. :P

Jhem
09-05-2006, 02:32 AM
Must take awhile. I've had my Yellow and gold versions for quite a while a they still save. :P
Me too, but that's why I'm worried, because I just started playing my yellow version again, extremely hardcore. I haven't put it down.

scar
09-05-2006, 05:49 AM
lol my game does that too so im smashed it with a hammer and my friend sold his to me for $5:00 AUS so i was happy cause it works fine

!CeMAn
09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I've had my Blue game for about 8 years and it's going strong.
I bought a used Silver game and it's battery died off in about 6 months afterwards. Strange considering Silver games came out after blue ones.

I think it has something to do with how much you play it, or how many times you SAVE. I've barely played this Blue cartridge because at the time i bought it, i was just trading pokemon over from a borrowed Yellow game, so i think useage drains the battery.

That my thoughts on it :ermm:.