PDA

View Full Version : An Idea

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Okay, so I am probably missing the "Post your ideas here, dumbutt" thread, so sue me. I will apologize ahead of time for that. And not only that I'll probably get a "Oh hey dumbutt, that's been done ..." But I'll go with it anyways.

My Idea:

Story Contest

Right, so we have story contests. Why not take it one step foreward? Actually make a story ABOUT catching the legendary that you want. Before it had to be a capture, and it had to be a great long story. Why not make it one? Make it your big long quest to try to get to Lugia, or how Lugia fell in your lap after you tried to SAVE THE WORLD. And the potential for the battle is large too, send out everything you have, win by the skin of your teeth ... Yes, thats' it. Feel free to tell me it's been done or how dumb it is XD

Finch
09-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Okay, so I am probably missing the "Post your ideas here, dumbutt" thread, so sue me. I will apologize ahead of time for that. And not only that I'll probably get a "Oh hey dumbutt, that's been done ..." But I'll go with it anyways.

My Idea:

Story Contest

Right, so we have story contests. Why not take it one step foreward? Actually make a story ABOUT catching the legendary that you want. Before it had to be a capture, and it had to be a great long story. Why not make it one? Make it your big long quest to try to get to Lugia, or how Lugia fell in your lap after you tried to SAVE THE WORLD. And the potential for the battle is large too, send out everything you have, win by the skin of your teeth ... Yes, thats' it. Feel free to tell me it's been done or how dumb it is XD
Like zomfg that's so dumb dumbutt.

It's an OK idea but writers have the option to do that anyway. Making it compulsory will probably just cause a decrease in story writing.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
It's an OK idea but writers have the option to do that anyway. Making it compulsory will probably just cause a decrease in story writing.
You can't write to catch a legendary. It's just against the rules.
Hmmm... So you mean have a face off, Scott?

Not a bad idea, but it'll be very hard to convince everyone to write insanely complex stories.

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 06:00 PM
No, no, for the story competition. You know, the one where the best one wins and gets a legendary. Why don't, in these stories, you fight for the legendary. And it has to get approved as a 'capture' for the legendary before it enters the contest, and then the best 'capture' gets the keep the legendary that he fought.

This way it has to be a darn good story to even be worth it. But I'm sure that getting a legendary is cause enough to write a really big story!

Finch
09-03-2006, 06:01 PM
You can't write to catch a legendary. It's just against the rules.
Hmmm... So you mean have a face off, Scott?

Not a bad idea, but it'll be very hard to convince everyone to write insanely complex stories.
I meant in the story contest... oh I don't really know anything, just shoot me now.

boltAge
09-03-2006, 06:27 PM
No. Legendary Pokemon were made to be extremely uncommon among the members and letting someone write a story for it is quite...easy. I know there will be high requirements for a legendary Pokemon's story, but it takes away the whole exclusivity of having it from contests.

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 06:30 PM
*Sigh* No, the story is FOR The contests. And only one wins. It's like putting a story in for the contest, but you're putting one in where you're fighting the legendary you want, and the best written story gets that story to actually 'count' ... It'd still be exclusive.

DaRkUmBrEoN
09-03-2006, 06:32 PM
But people'll feel deprived if they write for a legendary, but not get it because they lost. They've written a perfectly acceptable story, but without a Pokémon to keep.

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, that's true. I'll give you that one. Perhaps let them have a moderate mon or two if they lose? Just for the really great story? I don't know, I'm pulling straws here.

boltAge
09-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Forcing them to write a story about a legendary would be somewhat restrictive of their creative freedom. The most acceptable alternative I can think of would be to make legendary Pokemon a theme for the story contest so people can just write about legendary Pokemon without having to fight them.

Darkumbreon makes a good point too.

Lusitania
09-03-2006, 06:44 PM
maybe,if you right a story that has like 10 pages and it has to be not 1 mistake at all,then they capture the legandery.and the battle has to be i page long.

boltAge
09-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Please don't post until you realise that 'i' is not a numerical value.

Lusitania
09-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Sorry,didn't notice that.please don't flame me for it:happy:

Dr Scott
09-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I don't see how it would harm creativity, because you have to write a story and battle a mon to be in it anyway. I think it'd be easier to do a story if it involved something as big as a legendary, you could add more legend to the story, more backstory, a whole save the world thing. Also, the battle could be bigger and better. If you don't have the creativity to make a good one with a legendary, you won't win anyways.

The biggest problem I can think of is the whole you deserve something for such a good story even if you lose.

.AzureLight
09-04-2006, 02:14 AM
I like this idea. :neutral:

We Taste Pies...
09-04-2006, 02:20 AM
This is a bad idea. This would obviously make everyones stories end up having to be freakishly long, which only half a handful of people can do. Whoever loses gets nothing from writing that story that they worked so hard on, which might even result in people leaving(:crackup:).

AmericanTreeFrog
10-16-2006, 12:21 AM
I agree with we the pikchus, it would be to long, and I don't know if this is off the topic howbout pokemon contest like in emerald.

Marth
10-16-2006, 02:49 AM
I agree with we the pikchus, it would be to long, and I don't know if this is off the topic howbout pokemon contest like in emerald.
Don't revive fossil threads. And it's We The Pichus.