PDA

View Full Version : EVs in Red/Blue/Yellow

Jhem
09-05-2006, 01:59 AM
I am kind of in the dark about EVs in the Chromatic generation of the game. I understand it all in the Advanced generation.

What I don't understand is how EVs work in the Chromatics. I've looked many places, but it seems that everywhere I've researched doesn't touch on it enough. I've heard a couple different ways that it works, but I would like to know the true actual way that they work.

I also understand that there are the DVs that determine the maximum and minimum stats, but. Does this mean that when a Pokemon has a zero in its attack DV, that it's attack will be at the minimum that it can be at level 100? Are there even EVs in the chromatics?!
For instance: Pidgeot with 0 DVs in Attack will have an attack of 228 at level 100?

I've also read somewhere that a glitch in the game will allow you to still raise stats after you've reached level 100 by continuously challenging and defeating the Elite Four (meaning that it was possible for every Pokemon in your lineup to have 999 in each stat). Is this rumor true?

Thanks

!CeMAn
09-07-2006, 11:03 PM
For starters:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=592950&postcount=5
See if that is any help.

There are no EVs in Metals, only DVs.

I've also read somewhere that a glitch in the game will allow you to still raise stats after you've reached level 100 by continuously challenging and defeating the Elite Four (meaning that it was possible for every Pokemon in your lineup to have 999 in each stat). Is this rumor true?

That is false. Sort of..
You can continue to raise stats after they've reached Lv100, but the values can't exceed what their DVs determine- no 999s.

When you battle pokemon, in addition to experience points, you get STAT experience. All this means, is you gain points for the opponent's BASE STATS. If the opponent has a Base Stat in Speed of 100, then your pokemon gets 100 STAT points in it's Speed. All of your pokemon's Stats get experience based off the opponent, and when you reach 1000(i believe) STAT EXP in a category, that category gains 1 point in it's rating. You can't monitor how much Stat experience you have, it's another hidden value in Pokemon.

The only time to cash in on your Stat Exp. is when the game resends information(or something LoL). This is when you gain a level, OR, deposit pokemon in your PC. So, even after you've reached Lv100, you can still gain Stat Exp. until it's maxed-out, by battling tons of pokemon(the E4 is a great place) over and over, then depositing your own pokemon into the PC, and pulling it out. If you've gained enough STAT EXP, you'll notice it's levels have gone up slightly, by 2 or 3, even 4 or 5 if you battled LOTS.

Jhem
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Now, say I used a whole bunch of Proteins and Iron and all that junk along with rare candys to level 100, can I still get my mons' max stats that they can get?

!CeMAn
09-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Now, say I used a whole bunch of Proteins and Iron and all that junk along with rare candys to level 100, can I still get my mons' max stats that they can get?
No.
If you catch a wild pokemon at say Lv.10, and gave it 90 Rare Candies, plus 10 of each Vitamin, with NO BATTLE EXPERiENCE(or even just leveled it up 10 levels through battle training), it's stats would still be something like 20- 30 points off the maximum it could be.