PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

chanseypanty
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
What do they mean by.

Never save your sprite as a .jpeg. No matter how much you love and worship .jpegs. They will make your sprite look like you really couldn't be bothered, even if you spent hours on it.

What does jpeg means?

Steak
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
What do they mean by.

Never save your sprite as a .jpeg. No matter how much you love and worship .jpegs. They will make your sprite look like you really couldn't be bothered, even if you spent hours on it.

What does jpeg means?
u iz teh dum plzokthx.
Jpg gives you horrible quality on a brown mushy smelly plate, while Png gives you great clear quality on a shining golden buffet table.

.AzureLight
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Stop using your computer right now.

Come back when you've read what a "File Extention" is. :sleepy:

Gamakichi
09-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Stop using your computer right now.

Come back when you've read what a "File Extention" is. :sleepy:
lets at least be semi-nice to him...ok let my tutor teach you. here he is:
:banana:
Hi, I am mister Banana. How are you? Anyway, strats asked me to help teach n00b class today. .PNG is a way to save a picture-file. so is .JPEG. some people like .JPEG (also known as .JPG) When you sprite, it is always good that you save as .PNG. If you want to know why you should save as .PNG, save a pic as .PNG, the hold down ctrl and move the picture. Cut the picture (ctrl+x) leaving only one of the picture. Now, save it as .JPG. Close the file, reopen the file. Paste the pic on your clipboard now. Zoom in, and if you look at them side-by-side, you will notice why to save as .PNG. Thanks! *vanishes*

Surly Professor
09-07-2006, 02:44 AM
.PNG is generally what you want to save sprites as.
If you save 'em as .JPG they will be covered with distortions, called "JPG artifacts".

If you have any other questions of this nature please take them to the "Graphic Arts Chat" thread.

Thank you, thread closed.