PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

Alakazam
09-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Take a read at these 2 threads and see if you can believe your eyes. I was attempting to have a civil debate witha few conservatives...but it didn't turn out so well. The 2nd thread I just HAD to respond to.

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/libertynewsforumcgi/YaBB/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11576639 40

http://www.libertynewsforum.com/libertynewsforumcgi/YaBB/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11575687 03;start=0

I reported them both to the admin of the forum - and was BANNED!

Anyway, feel free to share your thoughts on the ABC special here too.

Dakota
09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Who cares? It's just a bunch of bored college kids battering at each other because of which party they foolishly choose to be a part of. Liberals, Conservatives, right, left, dems, republicans...they're all the same level of immaturity. They care more about winning an arguement and making the other side look bad than the issue itself.

Surly Professor
09-08-2006, 09:31 PM
That's what you get for being a no-good liberal commie!

Kenny_C.002
09-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Belief is a powerful method to keep people in a strong position. It's these beliefs that fuel the flames and what not in debates. Tell you the truth, it's rather hard to see someone who can actually stand back and look at things from a more neutral angle these days.

Dakota
09-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I would change 'rather hard' to 'impossible'.

Neo Emolga
09-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Eh, my opinion, let them be blind, deaf, and dumb, and move on. They're obviously not worth your time.

If they refuse to listen, they refuse to learn, its really quite simple.

Alakazam
09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Who cares? It's just a bunch of bored college kids battering at each other because of which party they foolishly choose to be a part of.

Haha...oh how I wish that were true. No, although there are a smattering of college-aged kids on there, the vast majority of them are adults. For example, that 'Jasmine' is at least 40 and has children.

Scary, isn't it?

boltAge
09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
I think it'd be better for you guys to discuss the ABC special thing rather than how wanky the adults on that forum are. It'd stray totally off the serious discussion this board should be having.

Dakota
09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
...serious discussion...

What? Where?

boltAge
09-12-2006, 07:39 AM
What? Where?
Other: Discussion
This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is espicially strict in this board.

Internet: Serious Business.