PDA

View Full Version : Best Pokemon team imagineable.

Rollo
09-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I found out that the pokemon tour is coming soon and there will be tournaments, so raises the question. Out of all the emerald pokemon which 6 and what movesets would be the best all round party? I have all the legendaries, can't trade or obtain any other pokemon so i'm limited to the emerald pokemon only.
Thanks.

turbo
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Turbo here, here's a team

Your Starter

Sunny Day (for both Blaziken and Sceptile) Earthquake (for Swampert)
Solarbeam (for Sceptile) Fire Blast (for Blaziken) Rain dance(for Swampert)

Sorry that's all I got.

Rollo
09-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Turbo here, here's a team

Your Starter

Sunny Day (for both Blaziken and Sceptile) Earthquake (for Swampert)
Solarbeam (for Sceptile) Fire Blast (for Blaziken) Rain dance(for Swampert)

Sorry that's all I got.
I don't mean a starter a full team of pokemon :P.

Felicius
09-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Ughh... this question is rather pointless, but I *guess* that a team made up only from legendaries could beat a newbie or two. Probably 50% competitors will think the same, though; besides, I don`t know which Pokemon will be banned and which won`t.

This topic really belongs to Strategies and Movesets. I suggest you go to Metagame Tiers there and look up the Pokemon from the top of the list; they`re there for a reason. Then you can search the forum for movesets for these Pokemon; also a good place for some standard movesets is Psypoke (http://www.psypokes.com/), use their Pokedex and click the Movesets button.

Make sure that not all your Pokemon are purely attackers; for example, you could pick a Dusclops or a Regi as a wall. Skarmory or Foretress with Spikes is a good choice, too; I guess you don`t have a Blissey, but if you could get one, then it`d be an advantage. Also, don`t forget about EV training; if you have messed your Pokemon up, you should breed some new ones.

Generally, stat-boosting moves are better than stat lowerers, and the best ones are those that change a stat by two levels (Swords Dance, Acid Armor etc.), or change more than one stat (Cosmic Power, Calm Mind). I suggest that you have at least one booster on each of your Pokemon. Make sure that your stat boosters fit the role of a mon; for example, Agility / Swords Dance for a sweeper, Acid Armor / Amnesia for a wall, etc. If your mon has a great stat, then a corresponding booster can raise it sky-high; but you may also want a booster that covers your weak point.

See my team, for example. Muk has great and fully EVed SpDef + Acid Armor, thus he can wall both Specials and Physicals while annoying with Brick Break, Mean Look and Toxic. Porygon2 has good and EVed SpAtt and also decent Defenses; but for a Sweeper he lacks only Speed a bit, so I gave him Agility. He`s also got Recover, so he can be a semi-staller. Gardevoir is Special Wall / Sweeper; Calm Mind allows her to do both, and Thunder Wave covers her average Speed. Sneasel is a SubPuncher; using Substitute can give her a chance for homing a Focus Punch, which can deal an OHKO because of her great Attack. Gorebyss is a Physical wall; she`s got great Defense + Iron Defense move, making her virtually unharmable by a Physical attack; and Swift Swim + Rain Dance + Surf can make her a decent Sweeper. Hitmonlee is a Choice Bander; he`s got only damaging moves - Brick Break, Earthquake, Hidden Power Steel, Body Slam. His role is basically to do as much damage as possible before being swept because of his poor Defense. But those Pokemon are not high in Metagame Tiers, this meaning they`re not the strongest stat-wise; you may want to pick Pokes from higher up.

Elmo's Heaven!!
09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
I also just learned that when you breed, the parent's IV's will be similar to the babies.

Get the highest possible IV's you can if you want an improvement.