PDA

View Full Version : Abusing of OHKO's punishment.

Marth
09-12-2006, 04:51 PM
This message is mainly intended for WTP and Zark, however, it should be read by everyone else to avoid further violations of the rules.

After some discussion between the URPG officials, we have reached the following veredict concerning the abusing of OHKO's from WTP and Zark.
WTP earned more than 100k in OHKO's. That makes a total of 200 OHKO's reffed, in total. Perhaps all of them were for evolution, but there was an abuse of the system in the sense that some of the trainers involved in it got an absurd quantity of battle money and by the ref itself.
Zark did the same, but in a lower scale. Factually speaking, he's as guilty as WTP, even though he got less money from it.

We believe that reffing such a quantity of OHKO's goes against the URPG ideal of earning money with effort and dedication; with OHKO's the URPG is reduced to getting money with no effort at all as quickly as possible.
Therefore we will instead count the money obtained from the abused OHKO's as negative money. This will reduce the earnings of WTP and Zark to zero, since they represent more than 50% of their income.
WTP also gets an URPG warning. Any other rule violation that he incurs in, he will be banned from the URPG.

For now, this punishment will be only applied to WTP
WTP will have to delete all item's bought from the pokémart from his stats since the day we posted the wages.

Refering to Zark, his case will be investigated furtherly, and this thread will be updated in no less than three days.

Some people may mention Ball as an abuser as well. His reffing logs have been evaluated, his OHKO's consisted in more than 8 different trainers, and they were all evolution fights, which doesn't represent an abusage from either the ref or the trainers involved.

That is all.

.AzureLight
09-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Let's say someone buys 2 mons from the mart, and I want to OHKO them because they want a quick evolution... Is that abusing? :eh:

Marth
09-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Let's say someone buys 2 mons from the mart, and I want to OHKO them because they want a quick evolution... Is that abusing? :eh:
Cases are going to be evaluated separately, there are a number of factors involved which will allow us to define if an abuse was incurred or not. In your case, I would have to know the ref who does the OHKO's, the time of the fights, the pokémon to evolve and such.

.AzureLight
09-13-2006, 05:04 AM
Well, if we could find a ref... it'd pretty much be:

Me vs HiF
Swellow or Fearow vs Bellsprout x 10
Clefairy vs Geodude x3
Tentacruel vs Geodude x7

I'm breaking it up because I want to evolve Clefairy too. And I may use Zubat for versus Bellsprout. :eh:

Marth
09-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Well, if we could find a ref... it'd pretty much be:

Me vs HiF
Swellow or Fearow vs Bellsprout x 10
Clefairy vs Geodude x3
Tentacruel vs Geodude x7

I'm breaking it up because I want to evolve Clefairy too. And I may use Zubat for versus Bellsprout. :eh:
Neither Fearow or Swellow can OHKO a Weepinbell, but Fearow can OHKO Bellsprout.
I don't see how Clefairy can OHKO Geodude. The only moves that deal enough damage (arouond 95) would be giga drain and water pulse, but it can't OHKO Geodude.
Tentacruel can though.
That reduces your OHKO's to 9, which is insignificant.

Subside
09-13-2006, 02:05 PM
This seems to be fair, i just don't ref or participate in OHKO's as i see them as a cheap way to evolution, i say just find someone else with a basic mon and battle them, that way you both have a fair chance at victory.

King Zark
09-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Some one asked me and I did.

It hard to find ref that willing to ref several battles with basic mons.

We Taste Pies...
09-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I have only bought anything with my money from money I had gotten not counting my wage money, considering I was told not to until this was resolved. Does that still mean I should delete those as well?

Marth
09-13-2006, 11:37 PM
I have only bought anything with my money from money I had gotten not counting my wage money, considering I was told not to until this was resolved. Does that still mean I should delete those as well?
I've seen your stats and you only remain with 7k, I'll assume you deleted 100k+ from your stats. Since you didn't order from the mart using the ref money, there's no neeed to delete those orders. As you are by the time I'm writting is, you've completed your punishment.

All-Star
09-14-2006, 12:54 AM
Let's say someone buys 2 mons from the mart, and I want to OHKO them because they want a quick evolution... Is that abusing?
Let me put it like this:

If you're making 40K off of OHKOs, no.

Marth
09-14-2006, 01:51 AM
Let me put it like this:

If you're making 40K off of OHKOs, no.
Don't talk as if you had authority in this matter, Chase.
There's not a specific line that allows us to discernate between abusing or not abusing. You only set an example of a clear abuse, but can you set the "line" for abusing, like saying, X number of OHKO's?

No, it's impossible. That's why you have got to consider EVERY aspect of the OHKO's taken in mind, not only the numerical number.

Even less necesary is answering something that was already cleared without adding something that makes the situation better.

boltAge
09-14-2006, 08:13 AM
Some one asked me and I did.

It hard to find ref that willing to ref several battles with basic mons.
Would you die if I asked you to? Use some common sense. Your punishment will come soon.

OHKOs are okay. Cheating with them is not. We deliberately leave the rules vague because we put trust in the URPG members. If you abuse that privilege, well, be prepared to be screwed more than the rules prepare you to.

King Zark
09-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I spent the money i earned.

So I will take the money I have subtract it from my wages then whatever i have left over I will make it negative.

As of this post I have 4k.

btw: no one asked me to ref when so one did there were OHKO if more people asked me(not when i am about to sign off) i would ref.

boltAge
09-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Don't be a 'tard. Remove the stuff you bought from the mart, don't make us do it for you. There will be no negative money in the URPG.

The more you defend yourself, the more hopeless you look. We are on the verge of suspending half of you guys from reffing, you better realise that.

All-Star
09-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Don't talk as if you had authority in this matter, Chase.
There's not a specific line that allows us to discernate between abusing or not abusing. You only set an example of a clear abuse, but can you set the "line" for abusing, like saying, X number of OHKO's?

No, it's impossible. That's why you have got to consider EVERY aspect of the OHKO's taken in mind, not only the numerical number.

Even less necesary is answering something that was already cleared without adding something that makes the situation better.
Funny how you wasted a post just on my few sentences.

I never said it like that. I was giving an example of what happened the last time.

Marth
09-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Funny how you wasted a post just on my few sentences.

I never said it like that. I was giving an example of what happened the last time.
Wasted a post? The message arrived to it's destination, I see no reason why I should consider it a wasted post.
Yet you ignore this sentence:
"Even less necesary is answering something that was already cleared without adding something that makes the situation better. "

You didn't give an example of what happened last time, you only gave an obvious example of what abusing is.

boltAge
09-15-2006, 10:10 AM
It's not our responsibility to waste our time rebutting you. Chase, stop. I say this only once.

Proceed with discussion on topic.

Marth
09-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Update:
King Zark has not been found guilty of abusing the system. That will be all. If a mod could lock this...