PDA

View Full Version : Level 100

Closet Nerd
09-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi, I'm new here (to this site, not to pokemon)

I'm hardly new to pokemon and have played all the way through yellow and crystal
and in my collection I have about maybe a dozen pokemon that are all around the low 70's and lv 85 Mewtwo. The only level one hundred that I have is a Mew (I bought him off of Ebay, authen. certificate and all)
I was just wondering-how in the world have so many of you leveled so many pokemon all the way to lv 100. This just seems like a mammoth undertaking!

What do you recommend I do? (oh, and please if you could, don't limit your answers to the obvious-"be patient")-I mean really, what did ya'll do to level up yours?

Thank you

Ridley
09-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I just kept fighting the E4.
The FRLG E4 is the best for leveling up.

Rohypnol
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
well keep beating the elite four. i have level 100 pokemon. but now i'm replacing my Lv. 100 vaporeon with sucune so i need to train suicune to lv.100. it two days it went from lv.50 to 80. courtesy of the elite four. played over 166 hours and defeated elite four 103 times.

Closet Nerd
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Just to be clear I'm talking about the Yellow/Crystal series.

And thanks for the advice-Any other ideas? I know traded pokemon level up quicker, but I heard that they're weaker b/c they gain less experience. Anythoughts on that? Keep the suggestions coming-I'll tell you when I pop my lv 100 cherry.

!CeMAn
09-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Be patient :wink3:.
It takes several hours of constant battling, but if you sit down and commit, you can do it. The Elite 4 is definitely a great place.

~ If you're in Yellow, also try the Pokemon Master's Cave near Cerulean.
~ For Crystal, you've got the Trainer House in Viridian, to gain massive EXP, and STAT Exp, once a day(a nice bonus if you can remember to do it everyday), and also, after you beat the E4, you can battle Trainer RED in Silver Cave. If you defeat the E4 again, RED will come back. You can take turns battling E4, and RED over and over.

Don't forget you can always drop pokemon in the DayCare Centres while you work on one or 2 others, and gain levels for it without doing much but walking around. Just be careful moves don't get replaced...
There are always Rare Candies, if you don't mind going back and doing some STAT training afterwards.

Closet Nerd
09-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Have any of you found/ use the Lucky Egg item? Obviously this would reduce a lot of the time and effort as well.

GaryEX
09-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Hi, I'm new here (to this site, not to pokemon)

I'm hardly new to pokemon and have played all the way through yellow and crystal
and in my collection I have about maybe a dozen pokemon that are all around the low 70's and lv 85 Mewtwo. The only level one hundred that I have is a Mew (I bought him off of Ebay, authen. certificate and all)
I was just wondering-how in the world have so many of you leveled so many pokemon all the way to lv 100. This just seems like a mammoth undertaking!

What do you recommend I do? (oh, and please if you could, don't limit your answers to the obvious-"be patient")-I mean really, what did ya'll do to level up yours?

Thank you
I just clone rare candies!

Rohypnol
09-14-2006, 01:07 AM
yes but even that can take a while.

GaryEX
09-14-2006, 01:09 AM
yes but even that can take a while.
Just train your pokemon to LV 70 or 80 and hten clone 20 or 30 rare candies

!CeMAn
09-14-2006, 02:47 AM
I get all my Rare Candies from playing Buena's Password Game :crackup:.
I only use them to figure out DVs though...

Closet Nerd
09-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm not really interested in cloning anything (pokemon, items, tm's)-I think it's cheating, plus it would SUCK if my cartridge was ever corrupted.

!CeMAn
09-14-2006, 03:15 AM
I'm not really interested in cloning anything (pokemon, items, tm's)-I think it's cheating, plus it would SUCK if my cartridge was ever corrupted.
It's best to do the work yourself.
You'll appreciate your pokemon better if you had to work for them.