PDA

View Full Version : this actually made me cry

LtP
09-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I might be 16 years of age, strong in life etc.. though this month I've been crying over my pokemon game.. Im not lying to you guys.. Ive been playing pokemon games since a kid, though I really started playing them since the gold and silver games,, well, I had like- all 251 pokemons, and was busy trying to get all of them into my boxes, I got so far, still have the list on which I scrapped them.. I had 1- 174 completely sorted in boxes, and needed only 22 (most of them basics- unevolved ones of which I had the fully evolved ones already) more, and then I forgo about the game for a couple of months..

last week.

I felt like doing nothing,
I felt like playing a game in which my fantasy is reality
I felt like resuming the game in which none of my friends could beat me

I felt like playing silver.

started it up- trusted sound and lugia intro.
tabbing that a button like a freak like I used to :happy:

it said:

. . . then it just started..
I took out my game and completely crushed my gameboy, I was furious and am still sad that this game was taken away from me, hundreds of hours of training, fun and everything.. for nothing.. I was proud of my game stats, had some unique shining pokemons in that game that made everyone jealous..

isnt there a way this data can be restored-- I mean.. from a cartridge? Id be so thankful..

atleast I wanted to share this with people that dont go and laugh when I tell them..
thanks for reading, if u got this far.

yours, Leon

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-15-2006, 02:52 AM
No... There's no way to get erased data back...

Sorry. :(

dud3
09-15-2006, 02:56 AM
Man that would of made me real mad to even probaly cry.

Poltergeist
09-15-2006, 02:59 AM
I might be 16 years of age, strong in life etc.. though this month I've been crying over my pokemon game.. Im not lying to you guys.. Ive been playing pokemon games since a kid, though I really started playing them since the gold and silver games,, well, I had like- all 251 pokemons, and was busy trying to get all of them into my boxes, I got so far, still have the list on which I scrapped them.. I had 1- 174 completely sorted in boxes, and needed only 22 (most of them basics- unevolved ones of which I had the fully evolved ones already) more, and then I forgo about the game for a couple of months..

last week.

it said:

I took out my game and completely crushed my gameboy, I was furious and am still sad that this game was taken away from me, hundreds of hours of training, fun and everything.. for nothing.. I was proud of my game stats, had some unique shining pokemons in that game that made everyone jealous..

isnt there a way this data can be restored-- I mean.. from a cartridge? Id be so thankful..

atleast I wanted to share this with people that dont go and laugh when I tell them..

yours, Leon

We feel your pain man! My red pokemon game is the first game I ever bought, which was like 10 years ago, and I know that it is destined to shut down forever probably soon. I will miss it soo much mostly becuase of all its memories. I will still keep it wether it works or not.

Nick_Roge
09-15-2006, 03:18 AM
We feel your pain man! My red pokemon game is the first game I ever bought, which was like 10 years ago, and I know that it is destined to shut down forever probably soon. I will miss it soo much mostly becuase of all its memories. I will still keep it wether it works or not.

Right on, I know where you're coming from yellow was accually my first game so in a way it was accually pokemon that has hindered my very existence:eek:

Barret
09-15-2006, 03:23 AM
Now that I read someone else's story about it, I think my Gold is done too. I probably can't save either. I think I remember getting angry also because I had worked hard on it and gotten very far.

I'm sorry, and like HiF said, you can't get it back. ;_;

Rohypnol
09-15-2006, 05:32 PM
feel sorry for you man. samething happened to me. but i think if you play the game on a regular bassis it wont do that and if you stop for a while bye bye game. i may be wrong i'm not sure.:neutral:

!CeMAn
09-15-2006, 10:02 PM
AHHHH HA HA HA HA!!
I'm just kidding. I think i can imagine how it feels. My Crystal cartridge is completely stacked. All i'm missing is Celebi, which i figure i'll just shark onto Emerald or something...

250 different pokemon stored away(although i had to scrap all but 1 unown because there was no more room), several shiny pokemon, a full box of traded pokemon(for the trainer iDs), dozens of Rare Candies(which i saved up for months and months of Buena's Password) millions of dollars plus nuggets, several star pieces, star dust, etc, at least 2 of nearly every TM(most are 4 or or more), over 500 hours logged... i could go on.

If/ WHEN, it dies on me, i'll probably cry too.

Ridley
09-15-2006, 10:05 PM
It happened to my Gold, and I had tons of lvl 90 + Pokemon.
I know how it feels. :[

Shady
09-15-2006, 10:06 PM
The same thing happened with my silver version... But luckly i didn't have any good pokemon on it...

I played my crystal version for like 10 mins every once in a while so it desnt delete itself...

uberpokemonx
09-15-2006, 10:09 PM
It happened to my Gold, and I had tons of lvl 90 + Pokemon.
I know how it feels. :[
Awww...

Let me tell my story. Everyone knows that Megaman Battle Netwrok 3 was great, right? Well......

After beating EVERYTHING in that awesome game, I left it alone for a while, then went back. I played it for a while, then one day after playing some, I noticed that the cartrage wasn't all the way in. Ironicly, I was afraid of save file damage, so....I pushed it in. The music stopped, and the screen went orange. Scared like hell, I turned it off and on again. You can guess were this is going.

MEGAMAN
BATTLE NETWORK 3
WHITE

NEW GAME

And yes; I did cry......

!CeMAn
09-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I played my crystal version for like 10 mins every once in a while so it desnt delete itself...
That's the second time today i read somebody say that if you play it ever so often, it won't delete itself. I don't even think i believe it, to be honest, but it still made me nervous so i decided to play some Crystal- just for Buena and the Lucky Number.

I realised something... For the past year or so, every time i turn it on, i hold my breath until the file select screen comes on; I'm always scared that this time, will be the time i turn it on, and find NEW GAME/ OPTiONS.

Trust me, i'm friggin scared of the day it dies on me :crackup:...

uberpokemonx
09-15-2006, 10:27 PM
That's the second time today i read somebody say that if you play it ever so often, it won't delete itself. I don't even think i believe it, to be honest, but it still made me nervous so i decided to play some Crystal- just for Buena and the Lucky Number.

I realised something... For the past year or so, every time i turn it on, i hold my breath until the file select screen comes on; I'm always scared that this time, will be the time i turn it on, and find NEW GAME/ OPTiONS.

Trust me, i'm friggin scared of the day it dies on me :crackup:...

I doesn't matter how often you play it, it matters how long it exists. Whether it's on or off, it will slowly drain an internal battery . Sharking/ARing will drain it a lot faster. When the battery dies, Game Over. Did anyone even see my post?

magicarp009
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm sorry. "I know how you feel" is what I 'd like to say, and what many people usually say, but I don't know your feelings. I can't understand the sorrow that you have experianced. It is impossible for another person to feel the exact same way as someone else, but nonetheless, everyone holds sorrow. Many people on this forum, and outside this forum, have experianced similar tragedies. Many pokemon fans are slowly getting shot by these tragic occurences, myself included. As time withers away our treasures into dust, in the end only our memories will remain. Videogames are mortal, and I have come to understand the cruel anger and intense melancholy feelings that appears when something so precious is lost. In that sense, I'd like to say, "I know how feel".

But I am truly, deeply, sorry for what happened.
Eventually we will all lose our games, but that doesn't matter, as long as we keep the memories of pokemon alive.:cry:

Shady
09-15-2006, 10:29 PM
I doesn't matter how often you play it, it matters how long it exists. Whether it's on or off, it will slowly drain an internal battery . Sharking/ARing will drain it a lot faster. When the battery dies, Game Over. Did anyone even see my post?

So it doesnt matter how often you play it? It will die eventually anyway?

If thats true then does it still happen with the more newer games?

uberpokemonx
09-15-2006, 10:32 PM
So it doesnt matter how often you play it? It will die eventually anyway?

If thats true then does it still happen with the more newer games?

Yes. For example, the GameCube memory card has an estimated battery life of 100 years (not kidding). In theory. In real life, probbably a lot less. If you play it often, it will maybe last longer (in answer to the GamBe0oy question). If I find out the Wii's "life force," I'll post it here.

!CeMAn
09-15-2006, 11:17 PM
So, explain to me, how i have a Blue cartridge(which i've hardly played in over 6 years) that still saves nicley, yet other Silver/ Gold/ RBY have died long ago.

Nick_Roge
09-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Maybe they didn't do something with g/s/c then they did with r/b/y?

Spartan MK-6
09-16-2006, 12:18 AM
also, my blue died a few years ago, it was also full, it had everything ( including misingno ). then one day i turned it on and the squirtle that usually appeared was a bunch of blocks and when i wanted to load the profile, it said NEW GAME, OPTIONS.
i was kinda sad, and pretty angry as well, because everything you could want in a pokemon game was there.

also, when i caught missingno, i looked in my party and the missingno icon looked like.......................... LANCE from the elite four!:eek:

uberpokemonx
09-16-2006, 02:52 PM
So, explain to me, how i have a Blue cartridge(which i've hardly played in over 6 years) that still saves nicley, yet other Silver/ Gold/ RBY have died long ago.

That's because neither of those are the only factors. Games were still improving then.

LtP
09-21-2006, 07:57 AM
thanks all for posting these comments, I think I'll just have to face the fact that it won't come back.. indeed, the memories stay.. gheh.. u know.. I used to train, trade battle and do everything with 'the girl next door' ,, we even combined our names and both had the same,. Debleo.. gheh everyone used to make fun of it.. always searching other players to mistery gift with and such.. if she couldnt beat one trainer, he / she'd had to try against me.. damn those were good times.. I sure am gonna miss that.. feeling sad again while writing this actually.. here I go again.. :susp:
anyways, thanks.. I think I'll get on this forum every now and then just to stay up to date and share what I still know. :happy:

Rapz
09-22-2006, 06:26 PM

last week.

it said:

yours, Leon

aww...I'm sorry to hear that. That's never happened to me in Pokemon but in other games it has (FFVIII, Dragon Warrior II: Tara's Adventure)

Nonstop
11-20-2006, 05:53 AM
its happened to many times pokemon breaks your heart sometimes :susp: