PDA

View Full Version : Thrash/ Return

Closet Nerd
09-15-2006, 07:18 AM
HELP-I'm raising a high level arcanine and I just wanted to know which move was more powerful Thrash or Return. He already has Thrash, I'm just thinking about replacing it b/c Return doesn't have Thrash's side-effects. But Thrash has been a really great move w/ a power of 90 which really utilizes Arcanine's awesome attack power very well. Given that he is completely tame (i raised him from an egg and he's now at level 71) how powerful can Return possibly be? 60, 70, 80, 90, 100?

Ultima Shadow
09-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, if the Pokemon is entirely tame, Return's base power is 102. I'd go with Return. =)

Shady
09-15-2006, 09:06 AM
I believe that Ultima Shadow is right, i say; replace thrash with return...

Keen_Eye
09-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I have an Arcanine with Return, I think its not only 102 power 'cause it Ko's the oponent. My Arcanine is at level 56 now.

Closet Nerd
09-15-2006, 11:36 AM
102? hm-that's an odd stat...is that accurate?...wonder how that"s figured...oh well, thanx guys ur help was great, really-n now i can make my arcanine hold leftovers instead of bitter berries

ZadokRox
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree with everybody. I don't like Thrash or any other move that confuses your Pokemon.

It's too bad there isn't a Move Tutor in the game you're playing. If there was, maybe you could teach it Extremespeed, though that wouldn't be as powerful as Return should be with the amount of love your Arcanine has for your character.

Rohypnol
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
thrash is really good. but........you have to faint the other pokemon in 2 moves or else:oops: defenatley go with return IF HE LIKES YOU ONLY

Felicius
09-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Return is cool, but if you ever trade your Arcanine into another version, you`ll have to build happiness from scratch (which can be hard if it is on Lv 100 already, since level up is the main method of taming). That`s why I`m not using it, except for in-game.

Rohypnol
09-15-2006, 07:17 PM
CORRECT 100%

(four word rule):confused:

Closet Nerd
09-15-2006, 11:00 PM
soooo...power of around 100?: that's what we're going with as a final answer? And yea-this would be my arcanine for Crystal only-no need to trade him even to any of my own cartridges for any reason. And I tried Extremespeed-it only has 5 pp, and arcanine pretty nearly always attacks 1st anyway, plus I gave him agility. I think Agility, Return is WAY better than extremespeed. Thrash was definitely a good move too tho, usually OHKO's, n I liked the idea of the lion-dog thrashing everything in sight, but now I've decided i like the idea of my dog having a loyalty attack (man's best friend and all that). Cheers!