PDA

View Full Version : Under Age Drinking

whitedragon8903
09-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Let's face it ladies and gents, under age drinking is one of the most serious problem plaguing our country. Don't get me wrong, I don't condemn anyone who drinks underage, hell I do it myself, but the problem is the lack of restraint used. Basically this topic comes up because last friday I went to this huge kegger and there were people who were so drunk that not only did they pass out, but one person (a very good friend of mine) actually had to be taken to the hospital. Any oppinions?

Matt
09-18-2006, 02:29 AM
1) You should really wait until you're of legal age to drink. Those who make laws know what their doing, and have valid reasons for not allowing alcohol consumtion until a certain age.

2) Younger drinkers usually don't know how to drink responsibly, leading to drunkenness and, as you said, serious hospital visits.

3) Alcohol is made for fun, sure, but under every intention to stay safe, and kids and adults alike have trouble realizing limitations.

whitedragon8903
09-18-2006, 02:33 AM
I can see where it often gets out of hand (which was what prompted me to start this thread) but what about those of us who just use it to relax a little? I haven't been like actually wasted since last new years, even though I drink a couple times a week. Where do we draw the line?

Dr Scott
09-18-2006, 02:34 AM
1) Depends on the person.

2) Eh, well that's just some of them. Some adults don't know how to drink right either, stupidity is around at any age. There are still stupid adults.

3) Agreed.

Yes, people need to just learn to not do it as much and do it smarter. I'm in college, and I don't really plan on drinking unless it's all closed off and just some personal friends and such. And my friend from high school, who I saw yesterday, was proud of being an alcoholic and drink everyday. Maybe, but he won't get anywhere in life. And he's fat. Let that be a lesson.

whitedragon8903
09-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Yes, people need to just learn to not do it as much and do it smarter. I'm in college, and I don't really plan on drinking unless it's all closed off and just some personal friends and such. And my friend from high school, who I saw yesterday, was proud of being an alcoholic and drink everyday. Maybe, but he won't get anywhere in life. And he's fat. Let that be a lesson.

It's the people like your friend who give under age drinkers a bad name. I have friends who drink because their home life is ****, I feel bad for them. I drink because I just can't relax. W/e unless it's a major event (halloween, new years, end of school, etc) I never drink more than I can drive with. I guess I'm just trying to convince myself there's nothing wrong with me drinking. This last party has me shaken up a little.

Kenny_C.002
09-18-2006, 03:37 AM
Lower the legal drinkng age. There are a number of kids that drink because it's illegal. It's no longer as fun if that is taken away. See European countries, where the drinking age is several years lower than the US. The problems still occur, but it's not necesarily at a degree that it is in the US.

chanseypanty
09-18-2006, 03:39 AM
Lower the legal drinkng age. There are a number of kids that drink because it's illegal. It's no longer as fun if that is taken away. See European countries, where the drinking age is several years lower than the US. The problems still occur, but it's not necesarily at a degree that it is in the US.
I drink beer when I was 7 and nothing happens??

Kenny_C.002
09-18-2006, 03:45 AM
I drink beer when I was 7 and nothing happens??
I'm not sure I understand you on that one. I was stating that some kids drink alcohol just because it's illegal as a form of rebelism. Drinking small amounts of alcohol as a child doesn't really do anything either. The liver can handle that.

chanseypanty
09-18-2006, 03:46 AM
I'm not sure I understand you on that one. I was stating that some kids drink alcohol just because it's illegal as a form of rebelism. Drinking small amounts of alcohol as a child doesn't really do anything either. The liver can handle that.
I drank the whole can, and spill some on my nose :tongue:

Death2AIM
09-18-2006, 03:54 AM
1) Depends on the person.

2) Eh, well that's just some of them. Some adults don't know how to drink right either, stupidity is around at any age. There are still stupid adults.

3) Agreed.

Agreed. I'm 16, and I enjoy me some vodka, captain morgan, corona ect every now and then. But I don't get drunk, and when I do its not seriously, it's more like tipsy.

Dr Scott
09-18-2006, 03:58 AM
On that sense, legalize drugs and tax the hell of them. Might as well make money on people's stupidities. And maybe they'll stop doing it if it's illegal.

And I agree on the lowering of the drinking age. Because. I mean. Everyone else has. And. So I can legally go die for my country, but I can't drink? What if I go to war, get a leg cut off, am in pain, and can't even drunk to dull the pain!? Hahaha.

chanseypanty
09-18-2006, 03:59 AM
Agreed. I'm 16, and I enjoy me some vodka, captain morgan, corona ect every now and then. But I don't get drunk, and when I do its not seriously, it's more like tipsy.
Why do we want to drink the, they're nasty and taste bad.

InvertrevnI
09-18-2006, 04:17 AM
Why do we want to drink the, they're nasty and taste bad.
I'd have to disagree with you, there.

aqonix
09-18-2006, 04:42 AM
I have never been drunk, and have had only had one acoholic beverage.

Kenny_C.002
09-18-2006, 04:47 AM
I fine wine very nice. I'd have to admit that I don't really like beer all that much myself. The bitter aftertaste really isn't my thing. And for the record, most beer have low alcohol content anyway.

On topic:
well we don't have to deal with problems such as illegal drinking as much this way, and I think it's probably a better solution than increasing the age, in my honest opinion.

aqonix
09-18-2006, 04:55 AM
I think if it wasn't illegal it would be cool to drink.

Sudo
09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I agree with this and then I see free booze and down it all...

Hehe, I do drink underage, and so do most of my friends. But we never get totally paraletic from it. (with exeption to one guy who drinks 2litrs of vodka per session). I don't see a few kids enjoying some beers together as a problem, as long as they are responsable with them. :ermm:

Vampire
09-18-2006, 08:40 AM
In UK, they are allowing children to have alcohol at there own home, so this will cut down bindge drinking out on the streets.

Sudo
09-18-2006, 08:49 AM
We're even sadder than peole who drink in the streets.

We go to a place called "The westwood" which is a giant woodland area with lots of places to hide if Mr. Policeman comes along. :susp:

PokéJungle
09-18-2006, 10:38 AM
I think limited drinking when you're 18 or older is fine. 21 is actually pretty high, the world's highest in fact. If I'm going to sign up for the army and be able to vote when I'm 18...and be considered as an adult, then I think I can make the decision when and how much to drink too.

Under 18 though, I think kids think they can "drink" or "hold their liquor" or whatnot, but they really don't know what they're talking about. Pretty much upping their chance for alcoholism in the end.

Alakazam
09-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Underage drinking is a big problem in the US. Personally, I think lowering the drinking age would only make things worse...there's a good reason why its 21. Most underage drinkers are rediculously irresponsible. It's just so stupid and mindless. I know its all in the name of fun, but I'm sure people could find safer things to do. I'm not saying that all drinking is bad, though I don't drink, but people take it WAY too far and think its cool.

If anything they should RAISE the drinking age, not lower it...just kidding

ZmanCometh
09-18-2006, 11:05 AM
under age drinking is definetly a terrible matter in the world. My brother, whos 18, and my cousin, whos 17, drink, and everytime they come over my house they end up making a mess of themselves and the house. ive had a drink in my day, but being drunk is something ive never done, and hopefully will not do. It poisons the mind and burns brain cells.

PokéJungle
09-18-2006, 11:44 AM
under age drinking is definetly a terrible matter in the world. My brother, whos 18, and my cousin, whos 17, drink, and everytime they come over my house they end up making a mess of themselves and the house. ive had a drink in my day, but being drunk is something ive never done, and hopefully will not do. It poisons the mind and burns brain cells.
A lot of underage drinkers are zucktards. That's an accurate generalization folks.

Echo
09-18-2006, 01:46 PM
It's one's choice whether they choose to drink illegally, destroy their liver and brain cells and do occasional hospital visits.

Lowering the legal drinking age would help to an extent, because if you ever visit some Mediterranean countries, where the legal age for consming alcohol is 16, you don't see any locals getting wasted on the streets. They've learned to use alcohol, because it's more of a normal thing there to, for example, drink wine with food. So, their livers get used to alcohol at a lower age, than in the US. Though, lowering the legal age, would only encourage some people to drink even more, but the people who 'drink because it's cool, because it's illegal' would generally come to their senses and stop.

A lot of underage drinkers are zucktards. That's an accurate generalization folks.

Never generalize too much. It's plain stupidity.

I fine wine very nice. I'd have to admit that I don't really like beer all that much myself. The bitter aftertaste really isn't my thing. And for the record, most beer have low alcohol content anyway.

Bitter aftertaste? You sure it was beer? :P I find beer to be one of the best alcoholic beverages, because you can drink it quite safely. You drink a bottle after a bottle until you notice that you're drunk, then you quit. With shots, drinks, booze, etc, it's always hard to know when the alcohol gets into your head, because they are usually so much stronger than beer. I love to drink beer, but for me, it's not good, because it tends to cause me bad skin and stomach problems on the hangover day. If I do drink it, 12 bottles (0,33 L) is always a safe amount.

I drank the whole can, and spill some on my nose

I laughed so hard when I read that. No, I did not find it hilarious that you spilt some on your nose, I laughed because drinking a can of beer is the same as drinking a can of coke.

In conclusion, yes I like to drink. I like to get drunk. I like to get wasted on a good Friday night. Some people should just stop being so god damn serious about drinking. It's not like the world will come to an end because young people drink. People just tend to look at only the bad side of it. What about the people who can drink responsibly, not on the streets and avoid hospital visits? You guys are just pointing out the bad stuff, all from the same angle, except you politician people who say you drink and then tell how bad it is.

Subside
09-18-2006, 02:01 PM
The legal age for drinking in the UK is 18 but i myself started drinking when i was 15 which i am not stating to boast, i'm currently 17. On a normal weekend i will go up the town and have a few drinks with my friends, it's like a reward after a hard week at college and helps me to relax. And i too love to get drunk.

I do find it worrying when i see 13 year olds vommiting and collapsing around the city centre. Me and my friends usually end up helping them as we have been there at some point and members of the public just walk on.

In conclusion, yes I like to drink. I like to get drunk. I like to get wasted on a good Friday night.

That is no surprise :P

A lot of underage drinkers are zucktards.

Then you obviously don't know many underage drinkers.

I think lowering the drinking age would only make things worse...there's a good reason why its 21

I don't think thats the case, if the drinking age was highered here in the UK there would be a lot more underage drinking, and a lot more binge drinking. The US isn't always right =P

The problem isn't the legal age, its that shop owners are selling alcohol to people who are blatently under age just so they will make more money.

PokéJungle
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Actually, I know too many. So it may be different in England, but it looks like underage drinkers have the same "Wow, I can handle some alcohol and yeah, getting drunk's teh schizz!" from your post.

Subside
09-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I know i can't always handle my alcohol, i spent a whole day throwing up at a festival in the summer due to my binge drinking and i had no one to blame but myself, but bare in mind there are adults who are just as bad when it comes to alcohol, drink driving springs to mind.

PokéJungle
09-18-2006, 02:24 PM
I know i can't always handle my alcohol, i spent a whole day throwing up at a festival in the summer due to my binge drinking and i had no one to blame but myself, but bare in mind there are adults who are just as bad when it comes to alcohol, drink driving springs to mind.
Is that supposed to be a defense of your actions? Using disappointing models of adulthood to justify your mistakes is no kind of response.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loathe drunk drivers either.

Just because Hitler existed doesn't mean I can slaughter only 5 million human lives and hold him up as worse. You need to take responsibility and not point out other people as doing things even more screwed up than you.

Subside
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
It was merely an example of adults drinking, and may i add that i'm not the source of underage drinking nor drink drivers. I don't see why you slated me just because our lifestyles are different, are you trying to provoke me? I don't really want this to turn into an argument due to different opinions.

I too loathe drunk drivers as i know people who have nearly become a victim of their actions. Maybe we should be rid alcohol all together XD

Echo
09-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Is that supposed to be a defense of your actions? Using disappointing models of adulthood to justify your mistakes is no kind of response.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I loathe drunk drivers either.

Just because Hitler existed doesn't mean I can slaughter only 5 million human lives and hold him up as worse. You need to take responsibility and not point out other people as doing things even more screwed up than you.

So comparing Hitler to underage drinkers is a justified response then?

Yami was referring to the fact that people should not consider underage drinkers irresponsible when adult drinkers are irresponsible as often. So, please, keep Hitler out of this. :/

PokéJungle
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
So comparing Hitler to underage drinkers is a justified response then?

Yami was referring to the fact that people should not consider underage drinkers irresponsible when adult drinkers are irresponsible as often. So, please, keep Hitler out of this. :/
I'm saying he shouldn't bring other people into things when defending himself, it's not an acceptable way to justify actions.

I wouldn't mind a ban on alcohol too terribly much, but it is a nice social tool and a past time when used in moderation.

McDonald's is obviously not healthy, but we aren't starting a ban on that. Moderation for everything.

thirty-six
09-18-2006, 02:36 PM
nope ive never drunk under age.. and now im not lol

whitedragon8903
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
the thing that makes me the MOST angry about the drinking age is the fact that it's 21. When you turn 18 you can buy guns, strippers, cigarettes, and can be drafted into the military and die for your country, but you can't walk into a bar? That's retarded

thirty-six
09-18-2006, 02:47 PM
the thing that makes me the MOST angry about the drinking age is the fact that it's 21. When you turn 18 you can buy guns, strippers, cigarettes, and can be drafted into the military and die for your country, but you can't walk into a bar? That's retarded
unlucky lol because in uk.. its 18 :P

whitedragon8903
09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
you lucky UKer's!

Alakazam
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM

Why? Because the vast majority 18 year old's aren't mature enough to handle the responsibility. it's not retarded, its logical. What's retarded is 18 year olds drinking until they pass out.

Many people here point out whan a nonissue underage drinking is in Europe as well as the lower drinking age. I really don't think the drinking age has much to do with it - lowering the drinking age in the US wouldn't help anything, its the culture that's the problem. Alcohol is so glorified and heavy drinking so condoned that not enough people give a damn about it.

Seawolf
09-20-2006, 10:00 PM

Exactly. Why 18 should be so different from 21 is beyond me.

For me to say anything about this issue would be extremely hypocritical. :surp:

Kenny_C.002
09-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Why? Because the vast majority 18 year old's aren't mature enough to handle the responsibility. it's not retarded, its logical. What's retarded is 18 year olds drinking until they pass out.

Many people here point out whan a nonissue underage drinking is in Europe as well as the lower drinking age. I really don't think the drinking age has much to do with it - lowering the drinking age in the US wouldn't help anything, its the culture that's the problem. Alcohol is so glorified and heavy drinking so condoned that not enough people give a damn about it.
And you are right on that aspect. It's very true that alcohol is ingrained into the American society quite a bit, and heavy drinking is sometimes encouraged. That's a problem that quite frankly is the hardest to deal with.

boek
09-24-2006, 01:03 AM
I'd have to admit that I don't really like beer all that much myself. The bitter aftertaste really isn't my thing.

Yeah, the aftertaste is grody to the max. All I drink is coolers, and there isn't even that much alcohol in it.

!CeMAn
09-24-2006, 07:50 PM
If kids develop the habbit of drinking their ass off at a young age they're highly likely to become serious alocoholics as adults: "Yay! Now i'm legal so i can drink as much as i want!". Also, when you're body is that young, it can affect the rest of your lives. That's why the drinking age is higher than the age of consent/ majority. At 18 you should be concentrating on your education, not getting plastered.

Alcohol causes more death, disease and problems with families than any other drug, including cigarettes.
Just thought the young'uns should know.

PokéJungle
09-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I just totally found out my best Japanese friend here drinks and he's like 15. Disappointing.

I do want to try Japanese alcohol though...

Kenny_C.002
09-26-2006, 12:15 PM
If kids develop the habbit of drinking their ass off at a young age they're highly likely to become serious alocoholics as adults: "Yay! Now i'm legal so i can drink as much as i want!". Also, when you're body is that young, it can affect the rest of your lives. That's why the drinking age is higher than the age of consent/ majority. At 18 you should be concentrating on your education, not getting plastered.

Alcohol causes more death, disease and problems with families than any other drug, including cigarettes.
Just thought the young'uns should know.

True and false. Of course, there isn't really a full and complete solution in the legal drinking age. Of course it's only a matter of probability. Of course, the problem with drinking ages is that they're generally just not enforced enough. Kids way under the legal drinking age are all drinking anyway. And as I said, some drink for the sake of going against the law.

I just totally found out my best Japanese friend here drinks and he's like 15. Disappointing.

I do want to try Japanese alcohol though...

Not disappointing if the kid knows what he's doing and doesn't overdrink.

Alonso
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
People just tend to look at only the bad side of it. What about the people who can drink responsibly, not on the streets and avoid hospital visits? You guys are just pointing out the bad stuff, all from the same angle, except you politician people who say you drink and then tell how bad it is.

OK then...I won't look at the bad side. Now you give me the bright side on drinking.

Though, lowering the legal age would only encourage some people to drink even more, but the people who 'drink because it's cool, because it's illegal' would generally come to their senses and stop.

I don't think so. People would just drink more.

It's not like the world will come to an end because young people drink.
Did you know that since 1940 humans have become stupider? Now add some young kids drinking alcohol into the problem. The result would be disastrous. So taking underage drinking seriously makes sense.

Kenny_C.002
09-27-2006, 03:50 AM
Did you know that since 1940 humans have become stupider? Now add some young kids drinking alcohol into the problem. The result would be disastrous. So taking underage drinking seriously makes sense.

Pass me a statistic off a real published article (say like something off Nature) and I'll believe you. Can't do that? You've proven yourself wrong.

As for taking underage drinking 'seriously' vs. lowering the legal age. Understand that neither would solve the problem of 'underage' drinking. What the latter does instead is that we don't have to turn a blind eye on the problematic ones when the legal age drops. In this way, we can attend to their psychological problems in the open instead of not being able to deal with them, as literally arresting the kids would accomplish nothing. In another aspect, as I've stated many times, we have taken away some of the fun in drinking by making it legal. There is no thrill in doing something legal, whereas there is the thrill in doing something illegal for some kids. Take that away from them, and the lure of alcohol drops dramatically.

What has holding this drinking age done that lowering it cannot do? It obviously doesn't expose kids to alcohol earlier than they already are. That's right, nothing productive is done upholding this drinking age, whereas lowering the age actually allows us to treat some of the problematic kids before they become a REAL problem.

Echo
09-27-2006, 11:44 AM
OK then...I won't look at the bad side. Now you give me the bright side on drinking.

Bright side? How about having fun? Don't give me that "you can have fun without alcohol", because I know you can, but you can have fun with alcohol as well. Usually even more fun, especially if you're a shy guy, because alcohol removes some crucial social limitations. Though obviously, you've never had any fun with alcohol, because you asked for the bright side.

I don't think so. People would just drink more.

Take a look as what I said:

Though, lowering the legal age would only encourage some people to drink even more,

Now, a question appears: why are you contradicting yourself? First you say that you don't agree with what I said and then you say the exact same thing in different words. Smart.

Agreeing with Kenny on this one; provide a worthy link. Also, "add some young kids drinking alcohol into the problem won't make a difference. In the world, there are more likely to be more non-drinking underage people than drinking. The result? That people are stupid and some kids drink? Wow, I think the apocalypse here!

._.

Dakota
10-01-2006, 03:22 AM
Any oppinions?

I usually don't like to share my oppinions.

King Zark
10-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I drink once an awhile not all the time. just on rare ocassions.

There's underage drinkign responsibily and un responsibly.

The more corcerns lies in cirgarette smoking AND comsuption of caffine.

Startinfg at age 16 and drinnking 1>12 oz cup of regualr coffee until you are 30-40's you are liekly to drink more than a cup per day. Also have a risk of high blood pessure, insomnia, more stress, morel likely to get Silver state(considered to be worser than altimers.)

drinking coffee (caffine) and alcohol responsible.
Caffine is worse

Ham and Cheese
10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Alcohol is equally as bad as caffiene, possibly worse.

If it were worse than alcohol, they would have set a minimum age on it, wouldn't they?

Dakota
10-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Alcohol is equally as bad as caffiene, possibly worse.

If it were worse than alcohol, they would have set a minimum age on it, wouldn't they?
Um...I don't remember the last time I killed a family while driving under caffeine. There are hundreds (thousands?) of people killed from alcohol related somethings every day....Not caffeine.

Barret
10-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Alright, I just saw this thread so I decided to post my thoughts on underage drinking.

I think it’s bad. There really isn’t any other way to put it. I have an older sister who has drank before, while being underage. (She still is underage) The first time my sister drank, which she later told me was peer pressure, she had something happen to her. It was pretty bad. She was raped.

Rape…that’s a scary word. Things like rape, abuse, and drugs go hand-in-hand with alcohol. I can’t even imagine all the things that has happened to her for this. I know a lot of it was probably her fault, for drinking, obviously. But a lot of it wasn’t her fault. I was…two years younger when this happened. She came home crying, it was terrible. Underage drinking causes so many bad things. Don’t get me wrong, drinking overage is just as bad too. Many teenagers can’t drink responsibly, so underage may be worse. I really don’t know.

Also, from what I’ve heard/learned, alcohol affects the brain. The teenage brain is still developing, so alcohol has a greater affect on it. The adult brain is already developed, so it does less. I can’t imagine why anyone would think underage drinking is okay. Some people say it helps them relax. Well duh! There are plenty of other ways to relax. A massage, a good book, a magazine, whatever.

Well, that is all I really have to say about it. I hope I don’t get flamed or anything for my opinion, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope some of you underage drinkers find some other way to relax…

Mime Jr
10-01-2006, 11:57 PM
I have only had on drink. I don't really like the whole not have complete control over my mind thing.

King Zark
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Pracally everone who drinks alcohol drinks caffine. they work agiast each other.

With abusing both.
Caffine kills ur brain
Alcohol kills ur liver.
Both gonna make u puke.
Both gonna hurt ur eyes.
Both gonna make u weak
Alcohol will kill u right away in a car.
Caffine will make ur life miseralbe late in ur yrs.
Caf will ruin ur pleasure later in life.

Did u know some coffe stores:
decaf has more caf than reg?
amoutn of caf in beverages is going expontenially.

caf also hurt s a kids brain when growing.

Kenny_C.002
10-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Um...I don't remember the last time I killed a family while driving under caffeine. There are hundreds (thousands?) of people killed from alcohol related somethings every day....Not caffeine.
Well it's rather unfair to compare, since practically everyone's under the influence of caffine in the morning, and thus all crashes in the morning (or at least most) are therefore caffine related. It's too easy to just say, "no caffine isn't bad for driving" when clearly we can't tell to begin with.

Also, cell phone usage is the #1 driving killer. It's statisically proven that thi is the case, even compared to drunk driving. Life lesson: never be on the phone when driving, you're driving worse than when you're drunk.

And I'm not going to bother with Zark's post. It's too early in the morning. :P

Jack of Clovers
10-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Also, cell phone usage is the #1 driving killer. It's statisically proven that thi is the case, even compared to drunk driving. Life lesson: never be on the phone when driving, you're driving worse than when you're drunk.
:ermm: Is there a site with these statistics because I find that hard to believe.

As far as the topic is concerned, if you're irresponsible enough to drink and drive, it's your own fault for whatever happens. Especially toward underage drinkers. They have no responsibility in the first place if they are drinking illegally.

~Jack~

Seven
10-06-2006, 09:23 PM
:ermm: Is there a site with these statistics because I find that hard to believe.

As far as the topic is concerned, if you're irresponsible enough to drink and drive, it's your own fault for whatever happens. Especially toward underage drinkers. They have no responsibility in the first place if they are drinking illegally.

~Jack~

It's true, I saw it on the Discovery Channel :o.

Btw, obvioulsy underage drinking isn't somehting < good >, but I do thinkt here's a difference between getting drunk once a month @ home/ @ a friend's house/somewhere where you don't have go home drunk and gettin' drunk and driving 300 miles an hour in a car :\.

!CeMAn
10-07-2006, 09:11 AM

I've gotten busted for driving drunk. Legal age and all that. It's so easy to say "they get what they deserve", but until you experience it, WAKE UP.
It's pretty unforgiving.

Don't shrug it off. That crap is a total permanent scar on your record. I have a damn criminal record(of all the stuff i've done, THAT is where i'm on record.. I'm ashamed)

Stand in front of a judge.
Then, tell me it's worth it :rolleyes:.

vgbri
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
I have never had a beer since I am too young but I know the laws and everything. And laws are meant to be broken. I think underage drinking is not nessesarily a bad thing. I know people in my family who do it. My cousin was drinking at a family reunion and evey one there knew but nothing happened. We knew'd he'd be resposible with it so it depends on the person. I think if you are under 21 don't drink but some are responsible with it and that should be ok. The decisions the decitions.

SiberianTiger
10-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I have taken quite a few Criminal Justice classes, :tongue: and one thing I know is: beer/acohol kills more people per year than anything else in the united States. (not the actual drink but it is involved in more deaths than anything else.)

If you guys want I can dig up a few statistic reports.

Edit: above, remember that rules are mean't to be broken when someone sticks a gun to your head.

~Isaiah