PDA

View Full Version : ruins of alph secey room

doggy go woof woof
09-19-2006, 08:35 PM
hi. lol. how do you get in the room with the 4 items? i have done all 4 puzzles but how to get in...:happy:

!CeMAn
09-20-2006, 02:56 AM
The first puzzle room becomes available when you leave Violet City with the Zephyr Badge. The puzzle is that of a Kabuto. When you complete it, you'll fall into the Unown room. Grab three Unown and leave by a ladder, and you will see a scientist. He'll offer to upgrade your Pokedex to track the different varities of Unown. Do it, then go back to Violet and purchase an Escape Rope.

Go back to the Kabuto puzzle room. There will be a young man standing beside some weird writing. As it turns out, it's ESCAPE written in Unown font. Use an Escape Rope, and the writing will disappear, revealing a door. Take the Heal Powder, Energy Root, and the two Berries, then fall down the hole to see a message from the Unown.

OUR WORDS SHALL REMAIN HERE FOR THE AGES

The second room you can open up can be done after you beat Morty and learn Surf from HM 03. Go to the tollbooth that leads to Route 32, then Surf down and go right to a cave. Solve the Aerodactyl puzzle to release five more Unown into the ruins, then get a Pokemon with Flash.

Return to the Aerodactyl room and check the wall for the word FLASH in Unown script. Use Flash to open the way to a Heal Powder, Energy Root, a Gold Berry, and a Moon Stone! A pretty good haul, I must admit. Then, fall down to reveal the second message from the Unown.

THUS WE SHALL ERECT A POKEMON STATUE OUTSIDE

After you get the Strength HM in Olivine City, go to the Union Cave by the Azalea entrance, then go up and to the left. Remember where you could go up to the Swift TM area or down to Lapras' domain? Well, go up and into the Swift area. Surf up and beat the trainers, then take the upper path to the outside. Beat the trainer, catch Natu and Smeargle, then enter the cave.

This time, the puzzle is that of the Omanyte, and solving it will send seven more Unown into the Ruins. Leave by the traditional method. Now, go get a Water Stone. Check the lettering, and it reads WATER. Go to use the Stone, then cancel. The door will open, which hides a Stardust (sell item), Star Piece (sell item), Mysteryberry, and a Mystic Water. The third Unown message follows.

THEY POSSESS GREAT INSIGHT AND REJECT THE OUTSIDE WORLD

Getting to the final puzzle is a cinch. Take the same path as you did to get to the Omanyte puzzle, but at the fork, go down and use Strength to clear the path. This leads to a ledge: Jump it and go left to the final puzzle. The puzzle is of Ho-oh, and will release the final three Unown.

Getting the final four items, however, is not as simple. You'll need Ho-oh in your party before you attempt this. Go back to the Ho-oh puzzle room, and check the back wall to find that the clue is HO-OH. Sense a theme yet? Switch Ho-oh so it's in the first slot in your party, then check it again. The wall will collapse, opening the path to a Revival Herb, Charcoal, Gold Berry, and a Mysteryberry. Plus, the story of the Unown will reach a "conclusion" with the final part of the story.

WE HUMANS MUST LEARN TO WALK IN HARMONY WITH THEM
WE DEPART FOR THEIR SAKES

A lot of reading, but it's really easy.
I highlighted what you have to do cuz i'm such a nice guy.

doggy go woof woof
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
wow sounds hard!!! Thanks anyway:happy: im sure i can do it.

You are sudh a nice person lol:tongue:

erm it wont work. the guy isnt standin anywhere with writing. i got ma pkdex updated...:sad:

!CeMAn
09-23-2006, 01:17 PM
erm it wont work. the guy isnt standin anywhere with writing. i got ma pkdex updated...:sad:
You're in the correct room, right?
It's hard for me to help at this point because i already caught 26 different unowns before i even knew about the back rooms.

Maybe try doing the rest(catch them all), and then worry about the secret rooms? You're not missing much. It's just bonus items and such.

Shady
09-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Lol, so you have to use a water stone in front of that sign thing. I couldnt figure out what to do, I was using surf and waterfall.:oops:

Spartan MK-6
09-24-2006, 03:32 AM
holy crap! :eek:
it works! :surp:

its really weird as well, because i never knew of it before u told me!
i started a new game on crystal and bam! there was the items and the writing and everything! :biggrin:

!CeMAn
09-24-2006, 06:51 PM
holy crap! :eek:
it works! :surp:

its really weird as well, because i never knew of it before u told me!
i started a new game on crystal and bam! there was the items and the writing and everything! :biggrin:
It's not necessary to complete the game so not everybody knows about it, i guess.

Edward Elric
09-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey, how do you get the Unknowns in crystal? I've gotten to the back room, but where are the Unknowns?

!CeMAn
09-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Hey, how do you get the Unknowns in crystal? I've gotten to the back room, but where are the Unknowns?
Down in the basement, silly.
You have to complete the slidding puzzles to release different unowns. It's easiest to do one puzzle at a time and catch the ones that will appear, then do the next puzzle and catch the next set. Otherwise, you'll be trying to catch 26 different ones at once and it's harder to keep track.

Edward Elric
09-29-2006, 05:10 PM
No, I mean in crystal where you have to have a certain item or Pokemon. Do you have to poen them all or what?

DratiniLover
09-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I've been wanting to know how to the unown thing for a long time! Thanks !CeMAn!

Edward Elric
09-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Please answer my question someone.

!CeMAn
10-01-2006, 03:56 PM
No, I mean in crystal where you have to have a certain item or Pokemon. Do you have to poen them all or what?
Do you have to unlock all the unowns to get in the secret back rooms?
Is that your question?

Edward Elric
10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
No, do you have to unlock all the back rooms to get them?