PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] PE2K Summer Netbattle Tournament

mlugia
06-06-2004, 04:38 AM
http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/tourney.txt

That's Right! It's time for another PE2K Netbattle Tournament!

Introduction:
The PE2K Netbattle Tournament was first held a few weeks ago by Raik, which turned out to be a 16 man single Elim tourney to show off the power of Netbattle. The Winner turned out to be mLugia, who defeated Ierdar in the finals in a close match. Runners up were Silverfrost and DarkMasterX.

Now that it's Summer, a new Netbattle Tournament is being held to coincide with the GRAND OPENING of the Tournaments Forum.

Format

This Tourney will be SINGLE ELIMINATION, which means that it will be a 1 battle decide all tournament, which will consist of either 8 or 16 players from PE2K.

This tourney will also be GOLD/SILVER/CRYSTAL Version based, using NETBATTLE VERSION 9.2 (http://www.tvsian.com/netbattle)

Tourney Bracket:

Jhem--------\
Jhem (Tech)-----\
Star Jirachi/ \
Jhem (Forfeit)--\
Ierdar--\ / \
Ierdar (Forfeit)-/ \
Ruben---/ \
Kholdstaire (Forfeit)\
Pidgeot79--\ / \
Kholdstaire (6-0)\ / \
Kholdstaire/ \ / \
Kholdstaire (x-0)/ \
Dark Luddico\ / \
Andreas (4-0)----/ \
Andreas-----/ \
Kholdstaire
Prinsess Leia\ /
Darkmaster X (5-0)\ /
Darkmaster X-/ \ /
Darkmaster X (5-0)\ /
Venusaur Trainer\ / \ /
HKim (6-0)----------/ \ /
HKim------------/ \ /
Finglonger (Forfeit)/
Max------\ /
Max (4-0)--------\ /
Atlas----/ \ /
Finglonger (5-0)-/
Izzy------\ /
Finglonger (6-0)/
Finglonger/
Rules

This tourney will host 16 competitors, unless we can obtain 16 battlers before the signup deadline.
Since this battle will be SINGLE elimination, that means each round will only have 1 battle.
Good sportsmanship is not a suggestion, it is a REQUIREMENT
If you quit a tourney battle before it finishes, you AUTOMATICALLY forfeit the game to your opponent.
Logs are REQUIRED to be saved after each tournament battle for verification purposes. If you don't save one, and your opponent claims that you didn't beat him or had an unfair team, then I can't do anything for you.
Team changes in between rounds are ALLOWED, provided that your team is still within the boundaries of the rules.
Please report the outcome of the battle along with the score in THIS thread after the battle.

Battle Rules

Sleep/Freeze Clause MUST be ON
Battle Timeout MUST be ON
Use Stadium Present MUST be ON
Level Balance MUST be OFF
Challenge Cup MUST be OFF
Disallow Spectators MUST be OFF
RBY Mode MUST be OFF
Stadium Mode MUST be OFF
Any other rules are OPTIONAL.

Team Building Restrictions
Of course, there has to be a few rules regarding the construction of teams.
Item clause is NOT in play. You may have as many copies of a certain item on your team as you so wish.

Banned:
The Following Pokemon may NOT be used on any teams:
- Mewtwo
- Mew
- Ho-oh
- Lugia
- Snorlax WITH Curse

Restricted
You may use 1 of the following pokemon for your team. No more than 1, but less is allowed.
- Celebi
- Blissey
- Suicune
- Zapdos
- Raikou
- Marowak WITH Thick Club (without is not restricted)
- Eevee and family tree (all 5) WITH Growth
- Misdreavus WITH Hypnosis
- Snorlax WITH Belly Drum
- Snorlax WITH Lovely Kiss

Moveset Restrictions
Movesets must be made with the following in consideration:

Hidden Power may NOT be used on ANY of the following: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Celebi, Any pokemon that knows an New York Pokecenter Gift Move (List: http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/misc/nypc.html . Includes Eevee and evolutions with GROWTH, Snorlax with Lovely kiss, etc.)
Only 1 member of your team may know the move DOUBLE TEAM/Minimize (and no, having 1 DT and 1 Minimize will not be allowed either)
One-hit KO attacks are BANNED. This includes Horn Drill, Guillotine, and Fissure.

signups
Signups is CLOSED. Pairings to be up soon.
Include your Netbattle S/N and your AIM S/N (if applicable) that you wish to use for this Tournament.

01. Ierdar. Netbattle: $34#. AIM: Ultramr101
02. Pidgeot79. Netbattle: -Testing Tempest-. AIM: DaMightea1
03. Kholdstaire. Netbattle: Kholdstaire. AIM: Kholdstaire
04. Andreas. Netbattle: Frozen Angel. AIM: aquastorm2003
05. Prinsess Leia. Netbattle: Surfing Pichu. AIM: pichulvr
06. Darkmaster X. Netbattle: Flepidus. AIM: KaiZoku Kenkaku
07. Ruben. Netbattle: Ruben. AIM: TwistedBelgium
08. Jhem. Netbattle: Jhem. AIM: TroyM2k7
09. Star Jirachi. Netbattle: Megaman.exe. AIM: EspeonSunMS
10. Max. Netbattle: <!Max!>. AIM: Max1232112
11. Venusaur Trainer. Netbattle: LinkMaster01. AIM: VenusaurTrainer
12. Finglonger. Netbattle: Finglonger. AIM: Lenininspace
13. Dark Luddico. Netbattle: Mr. Marco. AIM: Lil Ludicolo
14. Izzy. Netbattle: Nurbs. AIM: Radicalreactor
15. Harry Kim. Netbattle: HKim. AIM: HKimF
16. Atlas. Netbattle: Atlas. AIM: Magzard

Go go go!

ROUND 1

- REFER TO TOURNAMENT BRACKET ABOVE.

You have until June 13, 2004 to complete your battles.

Remember:
Save a log of your battles after you finish, and report the result of the battle here. In case of a dispute, the log will allow me to make a ruling. No log, you lose the argument, k?

Also
Report the score and outcome of the battle HERE.

QUESTIONS/CONCERNS REGARDING TOURNEY, SUCH AS RULE CLARIFICATION AND SUGGESTIONS OF RULE ADDITIONS, SHOULD BE ASKED IN THIS THREAD.

Ierdar
06-06-2004, 05:15 AM
w00t, another tourny. And mLugia isnt a part of it. O_o Come on guys, give me some good compitition since X wont be here for this one. =P(at least I dont think he will x_x)

$34# already ready for battle. :cool:

Ironshell Blastoise
06-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Someone else please sign up so I'm not the first >=[

[Edit] NVM, Lerdar already posted BARELY before me.

BTW, Mana, are you N? :cool:

[Edit] NVM, Lerdar answered that

Ierdar
06-06-2004, 05:19 AM
I did sign up Mr. K. =P And when I said I wanted good compitition, I didnt mean you XD

Pidgeot79
06-06-2004, 05:22 AM
I'm signing up.I just got NetBattle like 6 weeks ago and I'm still pretty addicted.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-06-2004, 05:44 AM
Dammit, I have to fix my team now.

No Hidden Power on Growtheon: Got it

No Blissey AND Growtheon: Got it

>=[ You poo head XD

/me signs up

Get ready to rumble, nubs. GAME OVA:twisted:

I'm Kholdstaire for AIM and the Tourney, ******

Steven
06-06-2004, 06:25 AM
Can you have two of the same items?

Pidgeot79
06-06-2004, 06:32 AM
Can you have two of the same items?

I don't see where It says you can't.

Andreas
06-06-2004, 08:33 AM
I sign up i guess,
Netbattle: Psychic Prince =P
Aim: aquastorm2003

Prinsess Leia
06-06-2004, 12:28 PM
Hmmm I will sign up.

AIM: pichulvr

Netbattle name: Surfing Pichu

DarkMasterX
06-06-2004, 01:34 PM
w00t, another tourny. And mLugia isnt a part of it. O_o Come on guys, give me some good compitition since X wont be here for this one. =P(at least I dont think he will x_x)

Who says I won't be here?

I haven't been hiding under a rock since the last tourney. I've been training my ass off so I won't just be runner-up this time. :tongue:

NB Name: Flepidus, AIM: KaiZoku Kenkaku

Ruben
06-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey, I saw this new board and I didn't have netbattle, but with some struggling I finally downloaded it, I now have it, but can somebody explain a bit about it ? ^-^;

- Ruben V, not a n00b :goofy:

Ironshell Blastoise
06-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Please ask about how to use the program in another thread. This is for tourney signups.

BTW, Mana, I'm not sure if you said if we could change our teams during the tourney. Like, round one have a team, and then next round have totally different munsters (still legal team, of course). Is that ok?

Ruben
06-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Kholdstaire, never mind, I figured it out myself :wink: And I made a team, but it took long tough... And I kept it at the rules, so I sign my team up, my 'username' on it is Ruben.

- Ruben V.

mlugia
06-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Regarding your concerns:

Item Clause (1 item per team) is NOT in play. You may have all 6 of your pokemon equip Leftovers if you so choose to.

Team changing is ALLOWED. You may choose to change team between rounds as long as the new team is still within boundaries of the rules.

And also, if you have any concerns and questions regarding Netbattle use, please use the other thread, although I won't bite your head off if you ask here. I'll answer your question provided I know the answer to it, k?

TripleH3312
06-06-2004, 06:00 PM
whenever i sighn up for netbattle it says i cant get a connection with tv thing can somebody help me :sad:

Jhem
06-06-2004, 06:10 PM
I want to join the netbattle tourney!
AIM: TroyM2k7
NBattle: Jhem

Ierdar
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Who says I won't be here?

I haven't been hiding under a rock since the last tourney. I've been training my ass off so I won't just be runner-up this time. :tongue:

NB Name: Flepidus, AIM: KaiZoku Kenkaku

YAY X ^____________^

Didnt think you had NB where you are now. :wink: So, was assuming you wouldnt be able to come. =P Glad you are. ^_^

Star Jirachi
06-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Are you gonna start this Tourney with out me?

Aim-EspeonSunMS
Netbattle-Megaman.Exe

mlugia
06-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Hmm, that'd make 9. If we can gather 16 people before Next friday, then I'll open the Tourney up to 16 people. If we can't, we'll make it 8 man with substitutes in case of absense.

Also, TripleH3312, do you mean you can't connect to the TVsIan website? Or can you elaborate on the problem a bit? :)

Max
06-06-2004, 08:01 PM
can i jon?

im <~<Max>~>

lol

VenusaurTrainer
06-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Ill join. NB name: LinkMaster01.

Finglonger
06-06-2004, 08:06 PM
count me in, nb sn is finglonger aim is Lenininspace

Ironshell Blastoise
06-06-2004, 08:32 PM
FL, I recognize your name...would I know you from somewhere else? :eh:

mlugia
06-06-2004, 11:06 PM
He goes to the TVSIan forums too, well, a while ago.

Finglonger
06-06-2004, 11:13 PM
might know me from tafop, I'm in the whole bd vs tafop thingy. and the tvsian forums :happy:

EDIT : i might also be under the name DRM or Byrdman

Tamer Marco
06-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Might as well join...

Netbattle Name: Mr. Marco

I need to sign off because I have Mewtwo on my team. Plus I need some serious move changing.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-07-2004, 04:11 AM
All M2 users must dai fugly deaths >=[

mlugia
06-07-2004, 04:14 AM
Wrong thread, Khold :p Let's keep this thread relatively directed towards the tourney.

I'll update signup lists later, too lazy.

izzy
06-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Izzy, Netbattle: Nurbs, AIM: Radicalreactor

HKim
06-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Harry Kim, Netbattle: HKim, AIM: HKimF

Interesting group you gathered here Lugia.

Ierdar
06-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Harry Kim, Netbattle: HKim, AIM: HKimF

Interesting group you gathered here Lugia.

Kim plays NB? O.o This shall be interesting.

People I've never seen, and others I have. O.o Guess I wont have an easy time this time. XD

mlugia
06-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Thank you, Hkim :)

Well, 1 more signup and we're set :o

Atlas
06-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Atlas Netbattle: Atlas, AIM: Magzard

mlugia
06-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Round 1 is now up. Refer to the first post in this thread to check who you are battling. (Inside that really nice looking bracket thing!)

You have 1 week, until June 13th (Sunday) to complete your battles. Good Luck to all!

(Contact your opponent via AIM provided by them, also on the first post.)

TIP: PM your opponent to arrange a time so you two can battle.

Finglonger
06-08-2004, 12:45 AM
alright d00der who im supposed to battle, be expecting an IM.

Finglonger
06-08-2004, 01:36 AM
I advance with a 6-0 over my worthy opponent, I have the log if anyone wants to see it...

mlugia
06-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Side Note: Max also advanced after a 4-0 win over Atlas earlier today.

Pidgeot79
06-08-2004, 03:42 AM
Oh yeah and my NetBattle name is -Testing Tempest- and sometimes I will be name UnderCover but thats unlikely.

Finglonger
06-08-2004, 04:47 AM
smeargle has such low stats, it doesnt matter
its killersims smeargle you have to watch out for =/

Andreas
06-08-2004, 11:33 AM
My NB name is Frozen Angel now =P

I cant come in to any server with Psychic prince anymore=P

so mlugia can u change my Nb name at the first post to Frozen Angel plz

Ruben
06-08-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to retreat my sign-up. Since I'm not good enough. I will first have to train some more, I'm sorry for this, byebye.

- Ruben V.

mlugia
06-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Err, not everyone here's a pro but everyone's here to have fun.

Oh well, I'll mark that down. It's ok.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Are we supposed to battle in Battledome?

mlugia
06-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Any server is fine.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Maybe you should suggest Battledome since it is the best GSC server (at least while TAFOP is down ;0)

Andreas
06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Me won against Marco me saved the log ^_^

Atlas
06-08-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to retreat my sign-up. Since I'm not good enough. I will first have to train some more, I'm sorry for this, byebye.

- Ruben V.
NOT EVERYONE HERE IS A PRO.Especially Me. Im really junk.

Ierdar
06-08-2004, 07:50 PM
ME AND RUBEN HAVNT HAD OUR BATTLE YET! I HAVNT WON YET! FIX NOW YOU CRAZY PINEAPPLE

EDIT: NEVERMIND....I DIDNT SEE HIS POST =\ WELL, I DIDNT WANT TO GET PAST THE FIRST ROUND LIKE THAT -_-

Tamer Marco
06-08-2004, 07:52 PM
ME AND RUBEN HAVNT HAD OUR BATTLE YET! I HAVNT WON YET! FIX NOW YOU CRAZY PINEAPPLE Ruben retreated. So you automatically advance.

mlugia
06-08-2004, 08:21 PM
yes, post all first round results here.

Note: X defeated Leia, moving on.

Also, Andreas, got the score of the battle?

Jhem
06-09-2004, 12:33 AM
If anyone finds Star Jirachi/Megaman/[whatever he goes by], tell him to hurry up and get on AIM or PM me ASAP with what's going on with him. I don't want to be eliminated from the Tourney just because my opponent never showed up.

Finglonger
06-09-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah if anyone sees max tell him the finglonger is looking for him...

Ironshell Blastoise
06-09-2004, 12:58 AM
Don't expect the battle log of me and Pidgeot until Saturday. We've decided we aren't gonna battle until later in the week. That is, unless, we both feel like doing it sooner.

[Edit]Nvm, we did it today, lol. 6-0, me wins. GG Pidgeot ;0

Andreas
06-09-2004, 06:28 AM
yes, post all first round results here.

Note: X defeated Leia, moving on.

Also, Andreas, got the score of the battle?
4-0 to me ^_^

Max
06-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I forgot the pass to my old NB name -__-. So now its <!Max!> jst to let you know

VenusaurTrainer
06-11-2004, 02:33 AM
During my tourny battle at 10:00 Eastern Time I and HKim were battleing. While we were battling he left. I waited for 15 minutes and Hkim did not show up. So I guess I won. Also Finglonger can back me up because he was watching the match.

Finglonger
06-11-2004, 02:46 AM
yeah, i was there they battled about 10 turns and hkim disconnected i told him to wait a while because it was probably a rte, but he never showed

mlugia
06-11-2004, 03:24 AM
Hmm, well then.

In this case, I have no choice but to award the loss to Hkim =/

my apologies.

Jhem: Star Jirachi seems to be having Netbattle problems, so if he confirms that he is dropping, then you will move on.

Star Jirachi
06-11-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm Not Gonna Drop but I just need help with getting the File that was missing.

Btw, This is the file--SUnMapLS_IP_EBP_16

Ironshell Blastoise
06-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Just uninstall and then redownload and reinstall.

BTW, if you really are in NYC, you aren't even 30 minutes away from TVsIan himself =0

HKim
06-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Hmm, well then.

In this case, I have no choice but to award the loss to Hkim =/

my apologies.

Well Lugia, as I recall, you gave us until the 13th to complete our battle. My internet connection went down at the time and I wasn't able to bring it back up until today. Now, since it's currently the 11th, I think that gives us a good 2 days to finish a battle. I think that is logical.

mlugia
06-12-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, I can rule it one of two ways

- GP rule states that running = forfeit
- However, other circumstances do arise.

If there was a log handy, by any chance, of Venusaur Trainer and you battling, which Finglonger agreed did happen, as did you, I'd like to see it. Because in many cases running is caused by a lack of willingness to lose. However, since neither side can prove either, if a log can be presented to show that you are indeed on the disadvantage at the end of 10 turns, which is highly unlikely unless you're a hopeless suck at netbattle, then I will have to disqualify you. However, if such evidence is not present, you do have until the 13th.

Finglonger
06-12-2004, 03:17 PM
I can vouch for the fact that no one had yet acquired the advanatage if no log can be found.

VenusaurTrainer
06-13-2004, 03:22 AM
So this means we have to battle again. But HKim is rarely on so what should we do?

mlugia
06-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I've actually seen both of you online quite often, although not the same time.

Arrange a time to battle. PMs work wonders. I'll write more later on today, but yeah.

mlugia
06-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Ok, Round 2 has begun!

You guys have until NEXT SUNDAY to finish your battles!

For the 2 battles undone in Round 1:

Star Jirachi: Since MasamuneXGP had no idea what the problem was, I can't help you, so I'll award the win to Jhem on account that you can't battle.

Venusaur vs Hkim: Get your battle done by Wednesday, and then the other battle done by Sunday!

HKim
06-14-2004, 04:45 AM
I beat Venasaur, 6 to 0.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Agh. With computer problems and my work schedule, I MAY need more time than till Sunday to battle. I'm trying to reformat my computer, and I don't know when it will be done and ready to download NB again =\ I'll email Mana from another computer if I am unable to continue in the tournament.

DarkMasterX
06-16-2004, 02:45 AM
I beat Harry, 5-0. :ermm:

Finglonger
06-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Im thinking i might use one of my theme teams for the duration of the tournament...you know one of my mono teams/uu/or my furious team ^_^
should make things interesting...

your thoughts?

mlugia
06-17-2004, 04:39 PM
lol, if you feel that you have a good chance of winning with a theme team, go ahead.

Although I'll remind you that this is a tourney, and that there are skilled players ;o

goofball14
06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
so am i subbed in or not mana? :o

mlugia
06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Uh...

Ierdar dropped the tourney due to his reasons, and uh, Finglonger defeats Max in a 5-0 game that was closer than the score would imply.

Ierdar
06-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I dropped. =\ I want to wish X best of luck. And, good try Max.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-19-2004, 01:30 PM
I beat Andreas, I think is was 3-0, can't remember. Got the log anyway, if we need it. GG Andreas

mlugia
06-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, there's only 4 ppl left!

Ok, guys, the next deadline is June 30th, since Khold will not be here until the weekend, so X and Finglonger, get that battle done!

DarkMasterX
06-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Well, there's only 4 ppl left!

Ok, guys, the next deadline is June 30th, since Khold will not be here until the weekend, so X and Finglonger, get that battle done!

*squeals* No, I don't wanna battle yet. :dazed:

Besides, as soon as I got on, Fingy signed off. :susp:

Finglonger
06-23-2004, 10:41 PM
I only have this to say...I'm calling you out X *slaps X, with figurative glove*

DarkMasterX
06-24-2004, 05:41 PM
I only have this to say...I'm calling you out X *slaps X, with figurative glove*

Well you're never on when I am so how could we battle? *slaps Fingy with his own testicles*

Finglonger
06-25-2004, 02:17 AM
I'll be on for a good portion of tommorow and maybe friday for a little while. so look for me..*****.

DarkMasterX
06-25-2004, 08:14 AM
I'll be on for a good portion of tommorow and maybe friday for a little while. so look for me..*****.

Jeez, you're taking this a little too seriously now aren't you?

mlugia
06-25-2004, 01:45 PM
I do believe both of you are not serious, and that the trash talking is just setting the stage for fun :)

Finglonger
06-25-2004, 05:17 PM
yeah..im just joking around d00der, i dont really take these things seriously >_<

EDIT:69 posts w00t

Ironshell Blastoise
06-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Im back and ready to pwn

Finglonger
06-27-2004, 05:37 AM
Alright X we need to do this soon, Im not gonna be around most of next week, be on NB tommorow. I'll be around 7:00pm or so pacific time..waiting..for you..mwahahahaha

mlugia
07-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Well, due to Jhem's move, and X's ... disappearance, I guess the finals will be played out by

Khold

and

Finglonger.

gl guys.

Finglonger
07-01-2004, 05:08 AM
Results in, give a big hand to old khold. Score was heavily in his favor however i tucked my tail between my legs and forfeited. I cede defeat to the better man : )

Ironshell Blastoise
07-01-2004, 05:16 AM
Eh, I don't like my win. Luck hax dildo was the only reason I won. I'll accept the win, but I won't like it. Fingy, I know you are my better. He deserves this more than I. =\

In any case, I hope the pe2k Summer Tourney of Doom (or something like that) continues next summer ;0

mlugia
07-01-2004, 05:16 AM
Congrats to Khold, the new PE2K Netbattle champ :)

Good Job Fingy for hanging in there despite getting burnt on your physical sweeper and frozen on Umby.

Good job to all who participated, hope you had fun!

PokemonElite2000
07-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Congrats on winning kholdstaire! :wink:

Great job guys, everyone made this a sucessful tournament :clap:.

Ierdar
07-01-2004, 08:57 PM
w0t Mr. K, nice job. :dance: