PDA

View Full Version : I beat it, fools!

.AzureLight
09-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Lan has surpassed you all in greatness. Being a TREECKO with disadvantages to ALL the bosses, I beat the game. In an insignificant time of 12 hours. If you're stuck on a boss, here's a few tricks:

- Attract, it's your bestest friend in the world. No questions asked. Teach it to yourself or to your partner (if you know how to make your partner attack with the move you want. :wink:)
- If you are a grass type, Bullet Seed. It's freaking amazing. Just make sure none of your teammates are standing in your way. R.I.P. Tropius. :dazed:
- Toxic is somewhat useful. I have it on my Sceptile (yeah, I'm a Sceptile now), but 6 damage per turn isn't that much in the post-Rayquaza stages... :dazed:
- Healing items and anti-poison. There's poison mons EVERYWHERE. I died a grand total of 4 times, 3 times from poison. (The other was from Articuno's uber Icy Wind)

Now you're probably wondering... Icy Wind, Bullet Seed? What the heck? Well, let me tell you something... moves in Mystery Dungeon got a serious overhaul. Take Pursuit, it became a weaker version of what Counter is.

So yeah, just wanted to share my knowlegde with ya'll.

Now I'm off to find myself a Taillow. :goofy:

Hypocrisy is Fun
09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Congrats... SOME OF US picked horrible pokemon and had to restart. :x

Dark Charizard
09-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Wow that was usefull. :crackup:

.AzureLight
09-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Wow that was usefull. :crackup:

I pretty much told you everything there is to beating the game in one word: Attract.

Dark Charizard
09-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Yeah I know. havdjhsagcjh

Leoblaze
09-21-2006, 11:39 PM
LOL. Wow the way you described the games make it seems that its not worth the money.

Nirvash
09-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Damn. I don't have the freaking game yet. :'( Well, I'm getting it Tommorow. Also, I'm going to try to find more ways to beat it. Yep, a whole new way. But thanks for the tips. :tongue:

Leoblaze: For me, it makes me want to buy it more. But yea, it kinda does. :/

.AzureLight
09-21-2006, 11:43 PM
LOL. Wow the way you described the games make it seems that its not worth the money.

It's still freaking fun. I just rushed. XD

Orange_Flaaffy
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
The storyline may be short but if you are just basicly going to beat it with one move maybe it is not the game for you:rolleyes: . There is more to a game than just beating the plot as fast as you can, most of all when there is more to do after the story and it is basicly endless. This endless gameplay equals endless fanfic ideas to me:biggrin:

.AzureLight
09-21-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm wishing this game had Wi-Fi.

I'm thinking battles and team-building. :rolleyes:

Well, nothing left for me to do but earn 99999 Rescue Points and get all the Pokemon to level 100. :crackup:

Nirvash
09-21-2006, 11:50 PM

Well, nothing left for me to do but earn 99999 Rescue Points and get all the Pokemon to level 100. :crackup:

It.... does..... Check it out on the web. :tongue:

Orange_Flaaffy
09-21-2006, 11:51 PM

*sigh* Speed playing totally ruins the fun of any game I think..I plan on playing for a few months if not more :)
I love to see more depth in a game than just the story they give you anyway :)

.AzureLight
09-21-2006, 11:52 PM
*sigh* Speed playing totally ruins the fun of any game I think..I plan on playing for a few months if not more :)

I wasn't really speed playing though. It's still fun as heck.

And no, there's no Wi-Fi for it, fool.

lugia_ho-oh
09-21-2006, 11:56 PM
hmm, this game came out 3 days ago and you allready found out the secrets and beat it.If this was'nt a pokemon forum, I'd be scared.But the game being so short does makes me kinda of sceptical about it altough, Pokemon Gold version was kinda short (in my opinion, atleast), so, was the the game really worth 30 bucks?

Nirvash
09-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I wasn't really speed playing though. It's still fun as heck.

And no, there's no Wi-Fi for it, fool.

Damn. I have been thwarted again. I was confused with another game I recently got. Well, meh. Too bad it's a holiday for me this weekend and I'll barely have anytime to play it. Your so lucky. :tongue:

SiberianTiger
09-22-2006, 12:01 AM

Yea, I love a long intresting game, but most games run through pretty quick.....Jade Empire in 3-5 hours....That was one sitting.

Orange_Flaaffy
09-22-2006, 12:19 AM
hmm, this game came out 3 days ago and you allready found out the secrets and beat it.If this was'nt a pokemon forum, I'd be scared.But the game being so short does makes me kinda of sceptical about it altough, Pokemon Gold version was kinda short (in my opinion, atleast), so, was the the game really worth 30 bucks?
Yes :), If you like to read more into the game than the plot they give you like I do at least ;).

.AzureLight
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM

I played non-stop. 13 hours in 3 afternoons. :dazed:

I'm open for rescue requests. If you die, get me. :biggrin: (Passwords)

Neo Emolga
09-22-2006, 04:37 PM
I played non-stop. 13 hours in 3 afternoons. :dazed:

I'm open for rescue requests. If you die, get me. :biggrin: (Passwords)

Lol, wow. You must love it as much as I do, if not more so.

I usually take my time with these kinds of things, and fully explore the game. But... I've heard the game has a lot to offer even after you've seen the ending.

.AzureLight
09-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Lol, wow. You must love it as much as I do, if not more so.

I usually take my time with these kinds of things, and fully explore the game. But... I've heard the game has a lot to offer even after you've seen the ending.

Yeah, there's ALOT more.

And I just died. Stupid Kakuna. :sleepy:

risrilla
09-22-2006, 11:49 PM
:eek:
WOW!
You beat the game? Awesome! I started out with a Treeko cause...IT'S MY FAVORITIST POKEMON STARTER POKEMON POKEMON. It came out 3 days ago and you beat it? Are your eyes broken now? I've only been playing for about 3 hours and my Pokemon are around level 15 or so. (For now)

I'm stuck on getting Jumpluff's friend or something. I keep on fainting or getting poisoned and stuff. I lost all my stuff when I died the first time cause I though-

"Only the 10F? Piece of cake!"

and that's how I lost all my money and things. (And the reason I didn't store them + I lost my Pecha Scarf cause I didn't know I had it) :oops:

paridisekitty
09-23-2006, 12:32 AM
What lvl should I be to kill zapdos with a eevee and mudkip.

PokemonElite2000
09-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Yeah, there's ALOT more.

And I just died. Stupid Kakuna. :sleepy:
Yea, the ending is only the beginning. You see a lot of new features for the first time after the ending, and there's plenty left to do.

Aquabird
09-23-2006, 12:59 AM
It.... does..... Check it out on the web. :tongue:

watev....................

Shadow Eevee
09-23-2006, 12:59 AM
dang.i still havent got the game.i preordered it.oh yeah.if you got it the day it was released,you have problems.:goofy: i once took the test on www.pokemon.com and i always am a bulbasuar!i like them but still,i wish i was an eevee...

Nirvash
09-23-2006, 01:02 AM
dang.i still havent got the game.i preordered it.oh yeah.if you got it the day it was released,you have problems.:goofy: i once took the test on www.pokemon.com and i always am a bulbasuar!i like them but still,i wish i was an eevee...

Well, why do they have problems? Obviously you do, because you go to a pokemon to tell people they have problems. I'm getting it tommorow morning. 13 hours and counting. Machop and Treecko are mine if possible. :tongue:

Shadow Eevee
09-23-2006, 01:03 AM
:redface: wow!are you like my twin?i am getting it 2morrow too!oh yeah i didnt mean what i said.sorry

.AzureLight
09-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Yea, the ending is only the beginning. You see a lot of new features for the first time after the ending, and there's plenty left to do.

I know. But I beat the story. :oops:

Evolution and Leader changes are the only new things. Evolution was my motivation to beat the game in the first place. :crackup:

Now there are some wicked crazy dungeons. :eh:

Hikozaru8
09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Lan has surpassed you all in greatness. Being a TREECKO with disadvantages to ALL the bosses, I beat the game. In an insignificant time of 12 hours. If you're stuck on a boss, here's a few tricks:

- Attract, it's your bestest friend in the world. No questions asked. Teach it to yourself or to your partner (if you know how to make your partner attack with the move you want. :wink:)
- If you are a grass type, Bullet Seed. It's freaking amazing. Just make sure none of your teammates are standing in your way. R.I.P. Tropius. :dazed:
- Toxic is somewhat useful. I have it on my Sceptile (yeah, I'm a Sceptile now), but 6 damage per turn isn't that much in the post-Rayquaza stages... :dazed:
- Healing items and anti-poison. There's poison mons EVERYWHERE. I died a grand total of 4 times, 3 times from poison. (The other was from Articuno's uber Icy Wind)

Now you're probably wondering... Icy Wind, Bullet Seed? What the heck? Well, let me tell you something... moves in Mystery Dungeon got a serious overhaul. Take Pursuit, it became a weaker version of what Counter is.

So yeah, just wanted to share my knowlegde with ya'll.

Now I'm off to find myself a Taillow. :goofy:
I BEAT IT IN 11h 22min.

FireMasta
09-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Phhhhh! That's nothing compared to my time~~~~~~9hrs. 58 min. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH!

Hikozaru8
09-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Phhhhh! That's nothing compared to my time~~~~~~9hrs. 58 min. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH!
Its probably cause I did sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much missions before doing so.

Fire Pkmn Master
09-23-2006, 06:52 PM
It's still freaking fun. I just rushed. XD

Lucky you. I had school and work to deal with so you should be happy.

Tahir123
09-23-2006, 07:27 PM
I too have beat the game.I'm just tring to get that Blue Sky Meadow,so that I can go to Lucky Tower and befriend Treecko,then I will use the Escape orb.HAHAHA!

.AzureLight
09-23-2006, 07:51 PM

Well, considering that I fell asleep with my DS on and then woke up some time later... I may have beaten it in 8 hours. :rolleyes:

Tahir123
09-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Lan is right about Bullet Seed.I got Sky Blue Plains and I befriended Treecko.I taught it Bullet Seed and it rocks.BTW,it's now a Grovyle level 20.My top one is Blaziken,level 42.

paridisekitty
09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Can I evolve my pokemon before I beat sky tower.

paridisekitty
09-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Can you guys help me in sky tower? I die at floor 7.

bonsly
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
How the heck do you beat the gam already:eh: .

.AzureLight
09-24-2006, 08:55 PM
How the heck do you beat the gam already:eh: .

The story is quite easy to beat. :ermm:

Mime Jr
09-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Congrats! I have to work harder.