PDA

View Full Version : NES Classic Series and "Retro" GBA SP

Bashaamo
06-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Hello,

I just got this cool e-mail from Nintendo about the NES classic series. Maybe you've heard of it? But if you haven't check out the official website http://www.classicnesseries.com/ Basically its just a series of remakes of Old School NES Games. Personally I'm not a fan of old school games, there a bit too simple. I may get the Legend of Zelda because it and all the other games retail at $19.99 USD!

To go along with these games a special GBA SP is going along with it too. It is a regular GBA SP, but made to look like an NES console on the outside, and an NES Controller on the inside! Also all of the NES classic series games are the NES cartridge grey color. It all looks pretty cool. Maybe if I get some cash I'll get the GBA SP, but I'm pretty satisified with the Cobalt for now!

Well what do you think of old school games? which re-releases look good to you? good prices? cool style? LETS CHAT!

-Sir Bashaamo

Bakura2004
06-06-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm looking forward to the Mario re-makrs. I just love those games :smile:

Sidney
06-06-2004, 07:38 PM
I've been looking since the Famicom Mini (Japanese) came out. There is also a survey in this month's Nintendo Power of NES game that include none of the eight in the series. This lead me to believe that there could be a NES Series II.

VenusaurTrainer
06-06-2004, 08:11 PM
I love the look of the Retro GBA SP. It brings back memories.

silverfrost
06-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah, it does look pretty cool. w00t, I can't wait to play my favorite NES games again. (My NES has been broken for years, so I haven't been able to use it at all. X_x;)

[Fair]
06-06-2004, 11:30 PM
It's definitely very cool and all, but the price is questionable... I mean, 20 bucks for games that can be bought for $2?

VenusaurTrainer
06-06-2004, 11:41 PM
']It's definitely very cool and all, but the price is questionable... I mean, 20 bucks for games that can be bought for $2?

Yeah I buy my NES games at the local Gamestop and then clean them. Saves a lot of money.

Bashaamo
06-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Yeah I buy my NES games at the local Gamestop and then clean them. Saves a lot of money.

True, for this price your probably better off buying old NES games. But I like the whole Idea of it, I might get Zelda, but games like Pac-man and Donkey kong are not worth that much.

-Bash

VenusaurTrainer
06-07-2004, 03:15 AM
True, for this price your probably better off buying old NES games. But I like the whole Idea of it, I might get Zelda, but games like Pac-man and Donkey kong are not worth that much.

-Bash

Well Im lucky enough to have the orginal Zelda game for the NES, the golden edition.

Sidney
06-13-2004, 12:38 AM
The improvements are more reliable saves and portability, unless you like lugging around the old "black box".