PDA

View Full Version : RP School - sort of urgent

Danne112
09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I didn't get much of a response for restarting the old RP Academy that helps new players here. I run one such school on another set of forums and would like to open one here. I'll admit I'm not the best RPer in the world, I do know how to write though and I have experience.

If I can get a few colleagues to help keep it going since I'm busy often I'll gladly open one here since there has been a long-needed void. I also have a set of lessons (http://www.geocities.com/tortiagan//lessons.html)that I could share for this board from my other RP School that would help it as well. Basically, anyone who is interested or would be willing to support such a place in any way please just let me know. It's really getting ridiculous without one in some instances.

Thanks

Draconic_Espeon
09-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I'd be willing to help in any way possible. Just tell me what to do.

Danne112
09-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Wow, I got someone interested already, thank you! I'm not quite sure how I will go about staffing the school yet, the main roles cannot be done by me though because I don't have that much time (I know, convienent huh?). I will however provide any/all material needed for the School in its duration and get it going and what not.

Anyways, for staffing I'd probably have to ask for RP Samples (even though I HATE to do that since there's so much more to this than RP Samples). Or perhaps another similar way, like editing/advice samples (since that's what would need to get done here). For now we just need to get the word out and make sure that there will be enough interest in this idea, hopefully there will be. I also really don't want to step on anyones toes with this.

Draconic_Espeon
09-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Alright, I'll try to spread the word some. Maybe we can start at saying something about it at the roleplays we're in.

Danne112
09-26-2006, 12:19 AM
I have a link in my signature, I think anything else would be advertising x_x lol and Ive gotten called out on my other forum for that lots of times heheh. Either way, better safe than sorry ;)

Draconic_Espeon
09-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Okay, I'll add ont to my signature, too. I think I have enough room...

SpazzedOutRayquaza
09-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I would like to learn in some areas and teach in others. I'm a decent RPer, but I'm not the best or averything... my posts are usually average length, with an occasional short one or long one. I'm good with dialogue and plot ideas, but bad at emotion and synonyms.

.Red.
09-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I would like to join this Rp school as a student. I'm ok at Rping but I believe with your guys' help I can become even better.

Lotad
09-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I can offer some help, but I don't think it would be the higher ranks, though I could teach those who need the most help, since I do post some good RPing posts. Some of my more recent ones are in "From Legends to Common", started by RM. If you removed the Tahoma, most of those two line paragraphs could most easily become three to four liners...

Still, I could offer any amount of help, even if it is as small as telling where each person should go and practice and whatever...

Danne112
10-01-2006, 03:03 AM
:biggrin: Thanks guys. Basically I just want to know if this could work. If I made a thread like that, would people go to it, tell others about it and what not? I also know that there was another RP School in the past that has since been abandoned and I don't want to overstep my boundaries by creating my own, but truthfully I have contacted then with this idea to pretty much no avail. Besides, we definatly need to reinstate the school and now seems as good a time as any.

Lotad
10-01-2006, 03:13 AM
:biggrin: Thanks guys. Basically I just want to know if this could work. If I made a thread like that, would people go to it, tell others about it and what not? I also know that there was another RP School in the past that has since been abandoned and I don't want to overstep my boundaries by creating my own, but truthfully I have contacted then with this idea to pretty much no avail. Besides, we definatly need to reinstate the school and now seems as good a time as any.

Try EMailing Bron, or PM Neo or someone with the idea... if Neo says that it's okay with him, but he isnt to sure if Bron would like it, then definitely try to get in contact with him... That's the only way I can think of no one actually going to freak out that you stole Bron's idea, or your remaking it without his permission. I think a GMod's Permission, or the owner (Bron), would be plenty of permission to recreate and reinstate the RP School. Still, this would be perfect in helping people to work on RPing, and (maybe if you could try nudging him) Neo could offer alot of help, since his RPing is intense and amazing. Still, but Neo or another GMod with this and make sure it is okay your are remaking this...

Joltion
10-01-2006, 03:16 AM
Hey wat r u doin:razz:

Deathspector
10-01-2006, 07:17 AM

Bron is actually quite busy. I tried contacting him, and I posted in the old TMI: RP Department thread. Neo told me that there was some kind of trouble with Bron's computer, and something else that he was having trouble with. Like Milos said, we need Bron's permission before opening it up again. I don't think a G-Mod's will me enough. It was Bron's idea, and doing it without asking him would be plain plagerism. I'm waiting for Bron to reply, but I guess it'll be some time. If he doesn't reply soon, then I guess you should feel free about starting one with a G-Mods permission.

Oh, and if you do, please tell me. I'll be happy to help however I can...

DS

EDIT: Meh...I just checked my post in the TMI RP thread, and Bron has given the thumbs up. Mainly to Sky Girl, who was the most dedicated of us teahers. Maybe PMing her might be a good idea.

Joltion
10-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey wats up:cool:

Danne112
10-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Bron is actually quite busy. I tried contacting him, and I posted in the old TMI: RP Department thread. Neo told me that there was some kind of trouble with Bron's computer, and something else that he was having trouble with. Like Milos said, we need Bron's permission before opening it up again. I don't think a G-Mod's will me enough. It was Bron's idea, and doing it without asking him would be plain plagerism. I'm waiting for Bron to reply, but I guess it'll be some time. If he doesn't reply soon, then I guess you should feel free about starting one with a G-Mods permission.

Oh, and if you do, please tell me. I'll be happy to help however I can...

DS

EDIT: Meh...I just checked my post in the TMI RP thread, and Bron has given the thumbs up. Mainly to Sky Girl, who was the most dedicated of us teahers. Maybe PMing her might be a good idea.

I got in touch with Bron once in the past in a mass PM to all of the past teachers there but that was about it I never heard much else from any of them. Also I was planning on making the school a little different and not basing if off of the existing one (that just wouldn't be right to steal someone's idea, this one would fulfill the same purpose but would be more of my own) since I've lead the one I started on another forum a bit differently in the past. With others' help though who knows what it will be like.

Phew, thanks though! It'll be great to start it again, so Sky Girl is going to be responsible for continuing it? I'll get in contact with her. Thanks again.

Deathspector
10-03-2006, 01:31 PM
I got in touch with Bron once in the past in a mass PM to all of the past teachers there but that was about it I never heard much else from any of them. Also I was planning on making the school a little different and not basing if off of the existing one (that just wouldn't be right to steal someone's idea, this one would fulfill the same purpose but would be more of my own) since I've lead the one I started on another forum a bit differently in the past. With others' help though who knows what it will be like.

Phew, thanks though! It'll be great to start it again, so Sky Girl is going to be responsible for continuing it? I'll get in contact with her. Thanks again.

You do that. If you need anything, feel free to contact me. Also, when you start the school (speaking of which, check out the ToD RP in the Groups/Clubs forum) tell me, and I'll be willing to be a teacher...if I pass a test...XD

DS

xxxSakura
10-03-2006, 03:26 PM
I'll be willing to teach in a Junior sort of sense, as I am not the best roleplayer in here. But I think you'll need a sample or some sort, eh? All the same, let me know if I can help.

Sky Girl
10-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for PMing me, Danne. I would have never found this thread otherwise. ^_^' Anywho, I am so glad that this topic has been brought up again. When I tried continuing it in the TMI thread, I got no response. (Yeah, DS I see that you replied a few days ago. I haven't been on all week because of soccer.) It seems that we have a good bit of support here. Unfortunately we'll need more if this is to be started again. DS, I would love to see you stay active and help with this. But if you know that life is going to pull you away in the future, please just say so. I understand. And sorry if I sounded rude in the other thread. I was kind of ticked at the time and didn't care much about what I was saying.

I've said this before, but running a school like this takes a lot of people. It makes it easier on everyone, and this way, things actually get done. I have a system in mind that I will type out tonight if I have time. Please reply to this so I don't have to edit this post and no one see it. xD

To the people who have already volunteered and plan to help with this - I ask that you please post a link to an example of your current roleplaying level. If you don't have a good example handy, then feel free to write a new one. Though I do prefer to see how you do when interacting with other roleplayers. Most of you seem to know what you're doing, judging by your grammar and post lengths. Please continue to post here so that I can easily see who is going to be very active with this and who isn't. And as Danne said, invite your active roleplaying friends!

Now, on the topic of copyrights. Because this 'program' (shall we call it a program?) will work and be run differently it's not infringing upon the rights Bron has on the original roleplaying facility. However, I would love to use the name "The RPG Learning Facility", which is in fact, completely Bron's. I love how it sounds sophisticated. ^^ So, I will be sure to contact him and clear it before hand. BUT if any of ya'll have a name you would rather be used, please offer it and we will surely consider it.

Er, I had more to say, but I can't remember what it was. So it shall go in my next post. ;) Danne, I will be replying to your PM in just a moment, so yeah. Look for it.

<3 Sky Girl

Lotad
10-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Best RP Character Sheet (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=650091&postcount=13) ~ A Couple of Samples for My Level of RPing (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23584) ~ Another RP Sample (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=598334&postcount=3) ~ My Final Sample (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=630019&postcount=14)

I think that's plenty of sources for becoming a possible helper...

xoxkris
10-05-2006, 07:34 AM
To the people who have already volunteered and plan to help with this - I ask that you please post a link to an example of your current roleplaying level. If you don't have a good example handy, then feel free to write a new one. Though I do prefer to see how you do when interacting with other roleplayers. Most of you seem to know what you're doing, judging by your grammar and post lengths. Please continue to post here so that I can easily see who is going to be very active with this and who isn't. And as Danne said, invite your active roleplaying friends!

Sky Girl! You ARE back! -hugs and everything- I have edited my post for a long time ago, but I suppose it's my fault for not informing you and letting it die down, sorry...

Well, I think I will help out too. Well, I have to rush off now, but I'll post my sample tomorrow.

Deathspector
10-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Samples...meh.

SG, you've role played with me before (once, I think), and know how I role play. I will give you smaples, but they're from role plays I've done ages and ages ago. I haven't role played in ages, sticking mostly to fan fiction. However, if you want a recent sample, once ToD starts, I'll tell you and give you my opening post. Have you joined ToD? If not, you should.

DS

Sky Girl
10-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Samples...meh.

SG, you've role played with me before (once, I think), and know how I role play. I will give you smaples, but they're from role plays I've done ages and ages ago. I haven't role played in ages, sticking mostly to fan fiction. However, if you want a recent sample, once ToD starts, I'll tell you and give you my opening post. Have you joined ToD? If not, you should.

DS
Sorry, didn't mean you DS. xD Of course I know how you roleplay. I meant people who have never helped with the facility before. (And being a student doesn't count, kris :P)

On that note....xoxkris! *hugs back* My favorite roleplaying friend; how's it going?! Haven't talked to you in forever. And don't worry about the dead roleplays. No one else posted either. I can't wait to see a sample of how wonderful you are at roleplaying now. I'm sure there will be a position for you in the Facility.

Milos! I forgot that you had posted here. And I am quite surprised by your great samples. There are a few grammatical errors, and few places that could really use some more diverse vocabulary. But overall, it's rather good. You're are a very creative writer. We'll definately find a place for you.

And now, I present my new idea for the facility. I finally finished typing it (even though it's really not that much).

Setup: Basically how the facility works, is there are three levels of certification – Junior, Intermediate, and Senior. There are graders and students. Students are those enrolled in the Facility. They participate in roleplays run by the graders. When students finish that roleplay, they generally pass and receive their certification for that level. If you have passed the Junior class, then you are a Junior roleplayer and have received your Junior certification. If you have not passed the Junior rpg class yet, you have no certification.

*Note: First timers sign up in the main facility thread and from there are directed to a roleplay.

Facility Staff

The Leader: Obviously, every program needs someone to make sure everything runs smoothly and to assign positions, etc. I feel it's best to have one person with the final decision on things. The War is an excellent example of things not getting done due to disagreement. The Leader acts as a grader for all levels, and is the first of two people that accept new members into the main facility. It is the Leader's job to handle the problems in the Facility; whether that's by sending a few PMs or moving some positions around.

Second-in-command: Has the same duties as the Leader. It is this person's job to disagree with the Leader. They keep the Leader in check. They cannot override the Leader's decisions. But it is important for them to help the Leader make decisions and it is their job to point out problems that may occur in the system.

The Six Graders: Hopefully in the future there will be more than six. But before we start this, there needs to be at least six.

Senior Graders (2) - There are two Senior graders. They set up and run all Senior level training roleplays. They however, do not always write the roleplays. It is up to these people to make sure all posts are graded and to help their students improve. They also decide when a student is ready to graduate from the facility, as they are the last level of certification. Senior graders may help with other facility roleplays as well.
Requirements: Must have Senior certification and have roleplayed for close to a year.

Intermediate Graders (2) - As with Senior, there are two Intermediate graders. They pretty much do the same as the Senior graders, only on a lower level. However they are not allowed to grade Senior RPs. They may grade Junior roleplays, though.
Requirements: Must have Senior certification and roleplayed for at least six months.

Junior Graders (2) - Once again, there are two. Once again, they do the same as the other graders. However, Junior graders have to be much more careful, understanding, and patient with their students. Some of those in the Junior students will have never written anything like a roleplay post before. The Junior Graders will be selected carefully. Junior Graders may only grade Junior RPs.
Requirements: Must have at least their Intermediate certification and have roleplayed for six months.

The Three Writers: Well, there doesn't necessarily have to be three, but it would be nice. =) These people collaborate on ideas and make sure the graders always have an RP to run. They have to work closely with the Graders however, and ensure that each roleplay is used for the appropriate level of training. [The Writers may not work out, as we may not have enough volunteers. But it would be really cool if the Facility could grow to a size where we could have these people.]

Secretary: The secretary will have a post on the first page, and it is this person's duty to keep that post updated with information directing new members to where they need to be. Their post will include links to all of the current sign-up threads and RPs. The secretary will also keep track of inactive members in the various facility roleplays and PM them with reminders to post, as they may be holding back the other students by slowing down the RP. The secretary has a big job so don't take it lightly if you request this position.

Treasurer: This is starting to sound like the student council positions. xD But yes, there shall be a treasurer. No, this person does not keep track of money. They instead keep track of members! We treasure our members. <3 They also keep track of who has earned what certification and who is currently enrolled in what RP. (Has a post on the first page)

Newsletter Editor: Yay! The facility will have a newsletter! Okay, yes, this idea was inspired by Rob's unfinished TAG newsletter. But hey, it's quite helpful. This newsletter will be available to everyone and will include current things going on in the facility as well as other special articles (details will be revealed later).

And that's it... If anyone is opposed to this idea, feel free to say so. I am open to all feedback. If you have any suggestions, post them. Questions, ask them and DS or I will answer them. It's quite similar to the first facility, but with some interesting changes.

<3 Sky Girl

Edit: Oh yeah, and I have crappy position titles. So if you have any ideas on what I could change them to, I'll probably use yours.

Edit2: Added a 'Note'.

Lotad
10-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Milos! I forgot that you had posted here. And I am quite surprised by your great samples. There are a few grammatical errors, and few places that could really use some more diverse vocabulary. But overall, it's rather good. You're are a very creative writer. We'll definately find a place for you.
Thanks... and I know about the vocabulary, but I am working on it... ^^

Junior Graders (2) - Once again, there are two. Once again, they do the same as the other graders. However, Junior graders have to be much more careful, understanding, and patient with their students. Some of those in the Junior students will have never written anything like a roleplay post before. The Junior Graders will be selected carefully. Junior Graders may only grade Junior RPs.
Requirements: Must have at least their Intermediate certification and have roleplayed for six months.
Meh... this would prolly be the best place for me... though what is in bold, I haven't done... ;_;

Secretary: The secretary will have a post on the first page, and it is this person's duty to keep that post updated with information directing new members to where they need to be. Their post will include links to all of the current sign-up threads and RPs. The secretary will also keep track of inactive members in the various facility roleplays and PM them with reminders to post, as they may be holding back the other students by slowing down the RP. The secretary has a big job so don't take it lightly if you request this position.
I wanna do this! I'm active! ;_;

Treasurer: This is starting to sound like the student council positions. xD
Yes, they are... but student council isn't bad...

Edit: Oh yeah, and I have crappy position titles. So if you have any ideas on what I could change them to, I'll probably use yours.
Meh... I'm not good with titles.

Sky Girl
10-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks... and I know about the vocabulary, but I am working on it... ^^

Meh... this would prolly be the best place for me... though what is in bold, I haven't done... ;_;

I wanna do this! I'm active! ;_;

Yes, they are... but student council isn't bad...

Meh... I'm not good with titles.
I actually think secretary would be a wonderful position for you. I'd like to create a seperate thread though for position applications. I just want to get the set up fully finished before I starting accepting apps.

Lotad
10-06-2006, 01:26 AM
I actually think secretary would be a wonderful position for you. I'd like to create a seperate thread though for position applications. I just want to get the set up fully finished before I starting accepting apps.

Okay... ^^ Also, I may need a week, since I am supposed to start school soon (don't ask why... :/)

xoxkris
10-06-2006, 03:48 PM
(And being a student doesn't count, kris :P)

On that note....xoxkris! *hugs back* My favorite roleplaying friend; how's it going?! Haven't talked to you in forever. And don't worry about the dead roleplays. No one else posted either. I can't wait to see a sample of how wonderful you are at roleplaying now. I'm sure there will be a position for you in the Facility.

The Three Writers: Well, there doesn't necessarily have to be three, but it would be nice. =) These people collaborate on ideas and make sure the graders always have an RP to run. They have to work closely with the Graders however, and ensure that each roleplay is used for the appropriate level of training. [The Writers may not work out, as we may not have enough volunteers. But it would be really cool if the Facility could grow to a size where we could have these people.]

Treasurer: This is starting to sound like the student council positions. xD But yes, there shall be a treasurer. No, this person does not keep track of money. They instead keep track of members! We treasure our members. <3 They also keep track of who has earned what certification and who is currently enrolled in what RP. (Has a post on the first page)

Newsletter Editor: Yay! The facility will have a newsletter! Okay, yes, this idea was inspired by Rob's unfinished TAG newsletter. But hey, it's quite helpful. This newsletter will be available to everyone and will include current things going on in the facility as well as other special articles (details will be revealed later).

I am assuming being a student doesn't count as those who never participate in the RPG Learning Facility before ^^

-Attempted to shove 5 ice creams into Sky Girl's mouth, then deicded to devour it herself-

Well a Junior Grader would seem sensible enough to me, but I don't think I have my Intermediate certificate yet, so cancelled.

The Three Writers! I love [♥♥♥] to come out with roleplays, and there does not seem to be any requirements, so I am on it!

On second thoughts, being a Treasurer seems applicable too, but I personally prefers to be one of The Three Writers!

Newsletter Editor sounds pretty awesome to me to! So it's either the Three Writers, or the Newsletter Editor!

I am glad this is coming back, because it was so fun the last time we had it ^^ And do not worry, S.G, my english teacher tortured me until I topped the class in English the previous exams, and I have a feeling I am going to be in the top five for English or even top ten for my class, so my grammar has imrpoved tons!

Deathspector
10-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Very nice, SG. I expected something, but not quite this. It makes the school a lot more fun for the teachers as well as the students. In the old Facility, everyone was trying to do everything. Now, with these titles and jobs, it could get a lot better.

My first and foremost choice would be to be one of the Writers. Coming up with Role Plays and Role Playing are my forte. Grading is not. So you said we don't have enough volunteers for it, but you have kris and me. We can work something out.

And anyhow, how are you going to see you gets Leader and Second in Command. Personally I think you should be leader. Second in Command...maybe a vote. Yay for democracy.

DS

Sky Girl
10-06-2006, 11:48 PM
@ Milos: You've got time. Do what you've gotta do. But please try to get on at least once in this next week so that you don't fall behind.

@ kris: Actually, I meant that being a student doesn't count as the participating thing. Sorry. What I said was confusing. But yeah, I'd like to see a sample. Though I'm sure it will be awesome. Especially since your English is perfect now! Yay! You don't know how excited this makes me. Because your biggest problem before was grammar. Tell your English teacher that I want to thank her. xD I think your samples might earn you the Intermediate certification. But we'll see after you post the links. I would love for you to be a writer, but you may be needed elsewhere, so keep that in mind.

@ DS: I'll PM you about the leader stuff... So look for it... And you'll probably get the position that you want. We may need you as a grader in the beginning though. If you can think of anyone else who's active and good at roleplaying, please send them here.

I'm glad that everyone seems to like the new system. I will be keeping in touch with all of you through AIM and private messages. DS, I really wish you had aim. xD Maybe I'll download Trillian or something.... Anywho, my screen name is ShadowKit24 for those of you who don't know.

People who's posts I am watching for:

-kris with your samples
-Danne with a reply to all this (and samples, and a reply to my PM which my read reciept says you read)

<3 Sky Girl

Deathspector
10-07-2006, 10:35 AM
@ DS: I'll PM you about the leader stuff... So look for it... And you'll probably get the position that you want. We may need you as a grader in the beginning though. If you can think of anyone else who's active and good at roleplaying, please send them here.

Yeah, I replied to the PM, giving my points of view. I'll be happy to grade at the begining until we get more staff, but after that, I'm really looking forward to writing Role Plays. Which made me thinking. I can grade and write. But that'll take time and effort. Maybe I'll stick with one or another. There are plenty of active and good role players, but none of them are like you and me. Although they would deny it, some of the best role players in PE2K cannot be bothered to teacher more inexperienced role players. It's only people like you and me who do bother. But I will look for more people, so be ready.

DS

Lonsie
10-07-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm so happy The Role Play Facility will be back, I'll most likely be student their since I suck at roleplaying...:rolleyes:
EDIT: I tried to join the other one but by the time I got here it was dead as the racoons that sleep by the road (I'm from Minnesota).

Sky Girl
10-08-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey ppls:cool:
Hello Joltion. It's nice to meet you. However this is not the place for casual conversation. If you need someone to talk to, visit the DCC. Located here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20456). And remember, the forum rules state that posts must be at least four words in length. So keep that in mind when posting. Have a good day. :)

@ DS: I replied to your PM. And yes, it's a shame that there's so much talent, yet so little willingness to help. And plenty of criticism to those who do try to help. :susp: But yes, you will probably be grading in the beginning. Keep in touch.

@ lonewolf: Glad to see that you're interested. The facility shall be up as soon as it possibly can. I hope to see you join. :3

<3 Sky Girl

Lotad
10-08-2006, 04:11 AM
Hello Joltion. It's nice to meet you. However this is not the place for casual conversation. If you need someone to talk to, visit the DCC. Located here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20456). And remember, the forum rules state that posts must be at least four words in length. So keep that in mind when posting. Have a good day. :)

@ DS: I replied to your PM. And yes, it's a shame that there's so much talent, yet so little willingness to help. And plenty of criticism to those who do try to help. :susp: But yes, you will probably be grading in the beginning. Keep in touch.

@ lonewolf: Glad to see that you're interested. The facility shall be up as soon as it possibly can. I hope to see you join. :3

<3 Sky Girl
Here are a couple of my more up-to-date samples, though I don't think they are any better...

Meep... and if you need it, I could offer a small bit of help with setting it up, though it prolly wouldn't be alot.

Barret
10-08-2006, 04:11 AM
bye ppls

<3 Sky Girl
What she said...

(And do you mean Jolteon? :o)

xoxkris
10-08-2006, 02:02 PM
@ kris: Actually, I meant that being a student doesn't count as the participating thing. Sorry. What I said was confusing. But yeah, I'd like to see a sample. Though I'm sure it will be awesome. Especially since your English is perfect now! Yay! You don't know how excited this makes me. Because your biggest problem before was grammar. Tell your English teacher that I want to thank her. xD I think your samples might earn you the Intermediate certification. But we'll see after you post the links. I would love for you to be a writer, but you may be needed elsewhere, so keep that in mind.

People who's posts I am watching for:

-kris with your samples
-Danne with a reply to all this (and samples, and a reply to my PM which my read reciept says you read)

<3 Sky Girl

Well well well, I need some time to work on a sample or two ^^ Would you prefer it to be on real-life, or on Pokemon instead? I actually write better with anime or manga theme, but it's up to you.

P.S. How many samples will you need? I can do up to 3 at most, but I'll have to request for a deadline till at least the next Sunday, because my exams are just going to be over ^^;

Sky Girl
10-08-2006, 04:10 PM
@ Milos: My original comment still stands. xD They are really good though.

@ Barret: No, his username is "Joltion". :)

@ kris: Could you just post a link to some of your best/most current roleplaying? If no, then whatever topic you prefer. It doesn't really matter to me. 1-2 samples is fine.

I'm going to write up an application thread today and tomorrow. After some reviewing and changes from DS, I'll post it. Maybe we can get a little more interest this way, and more members who'd like to help.

<3 Sky Girl

Deathspector
10-09-2006, 12:32 PM
I've got a coupel of ideas for the layoutof the school, and what sort of stuff, but we'll deal with that over PM. Positions still need to be worked upon. Nothing is for certain, though...

DS

xoxkris
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
@ Milos: My original comment still stands. xD They are really good though.

@ Barret: No, his username is "Joltion". :)

@ kris: Could you just post a link to some of your best/most current roleplaying? If no, then whatever topic you prefer. It doesn't really matter to me. 1-2 samples is fine.

I'm going to write up an application thread today and tomorrow. After some reviewing and changes from DS, I'll post it. Maybe we can get a little more interest this way, and more members who'd like to help.

<3 Sky Girl

Well, I hereby request this. If by Wednesday if my links aren't up yet, please PM me. You know how stupid and blur and careless I am ^^

Draconic_Espeon
10-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I would love to help in any way possible. In my opinion, helping people get better at roleplaying is better than saying 'You suck, get away from me', which, unfortunately, is what many people do...

I have a great deal of tolerance and a fair bit of roleplaying experiance, as well as an A in English. I wouldn't mind being a junior grader, although a writer, or any other position for that matter, sounds fun as well.

Recent roleplaying samples:

Here's (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22912) one, but the posts aren't real great...

Here's (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23730) a better one, as well as an example for roleplaying ideas.

No more right now. I've joined more roleplays, but they haven't started yet, or I haven't started roleplaying in them.

Sky Girl
10-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I would love to help in any way possible. In my opinion, helping people get better at roleplaying is better than saying 'You suck, get away from me', which, unfortunately, is what many people do...

I have a great deal of tolerance and a fair bit of roleplaying experiance, as well as an A in English. I wouldn't mind being a junior grader, although a writer, or any other position for that matter, sounds fun as well.

Recent roleplaying samples:

Here's (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22912) one, but the posts aren't real great...

Here's (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23730) a better one, as well as an example for roleplaying ideas.

No more right now. I've joined more roleplays, but they haven't started yet, or I haven't started roleplaying in them.
Thanks for providing a sample so quickly. I've seen your roleplaying before in that "Journey to a New World" RP. But I quickly moved on due to short post length. However, your second sample looks much better. You will definately be considered as a Junior Grader. Stay active, and keep that attitude. It's great to meet people so willing to help others.

@ kris: Considering it's Wednesday, I'll probably be sending you a PM in just a minute. :oops:

@ DS: Do you mean the layout for the thread? I had something in mind, but go ahead and send me your ideas. I'll be replying to your PM as soon as I type the official sign-up thread for positions... Which I need to do really soon...

Lotad
10-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm reviving this for the reason that nothing has been done to work on this as far as I know... :/ And really, I don't want this to die, even though I haven't seen hide nor hair of Danne...

Sky Girl
10-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm reviving this for the reason that nothing has been done to work on this as far as I know... :/ And really, I don't want this to die, even though I haven't seen hide nor hair of Danne...
I'm still here. It's funny that you post this, because I finally typed up the apps thread. (Like, before I checked this thread) Progress is being made! Expect the thread around Fri or Sat.

<3 Sky Girl

Lotad
10-26-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm still here. It's funny that you post this, because I finally typed up the apps thread. (Like, before I checked this thread) Progress is being made! Expect the thread around Fri or Sat.

<3 Sky Girl

Okay! I just wanted to find out some sort of update... ^.^

Sky Girl
10-29-2006, 01:27 AM
The application thread is up! If you have stated that there is a position you might like, please fill out an official application in the Application Office. It is located in the RolePlay: Sign-ups board. If you plan to help in general, please check it out. ^^

<3 Sky Girl