PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinions

Thanatos
09-26-2006, 03:55 AM
Hi.

Being Australian, we haven't gotten the Rescue Team series yet.

I want them something hardcore, but, I don't have a DS. Only my GBA.

Now, here's a question for you all.

First of all, Red Rescue Team, is it any good? Second, If you've played both, is Blue Rescue Team better?

Third, would I just be better off saving a bit of side cash, picking up a DS and getting blue rescue team?

Thanks to anyone who helps out. Also, don't spoil the storyline! :P

Mime Jr
09-26-2006, 04:06 AM
I haven't play both, but I can say Blue rocks. Also I recommend saving because without a Ds you will be missing other cool game like Ranger and D/P. That's all I can tell you though.

PokemonElite2000
09-26-2006, 04:11 AM
I played both the GBA and DS version, and the DS version is definitely the one you want. Why? Simple, you have two screens to work with on the DS. While you're dungeon crawling on the bottom screen, you have the map and stats of your Pokemon on the top screen, so you don't have to cram a mini-map on the same screen.

I'm not sure what you mean by saving a bit a cash, because you'll obviously be spending cash to by a DS, but investing in a DS is definitely a good idea right now. I would definitely go with the DS Lite, sleeker look, a more scratch resistant screen and improved battery life. And if you want to get Pokemon Ranger or Diamond/Pearl when that comes out, then you're set when that's released.

That being said, there's no doubt in my mind the DS version is more superior. But if you really don't want a DS, or don't want to get it yet, then there's not too much difference on the GBA version, same graphics, same game. But again, with the GBA version, you're lacking the extra screen which I find helpful. And again, if you'll eventually get one, why not just get it now and enjoy Mystery Dungeon on the DS.

Lotad
09-26-2006, 04:14 AM
I haven't play both, but I can say Blue rocks. Also I recommend saving because without a Ds you will be missing other cool game like Ranger and D/P. That's all I can tell you though.

I agree with Mime Jr: saving up money for a DS and getting Blue Rescue Team woud prolly be better, since there are some advantages to using the stylus pad. Also, as I read somewhere, at least you'll have one screen to have all of your vital information on the top screen, while playing on the bottom screen.

Orange_Flaaffy
09-26-2006, 05:04 AM
I'd say go with red verison, I find the extra screen to be a bit useless in dungeons actually, and I don't use the touch screen that often :P. So I say if you can't wait get red, but you will need a DS when the next gen games come out...And the DS Lite may be all the rage right now but as someone who has had a normal DS for two years now I can say if your main target is to save money a normal DS is not that awful :P

Shady
09-26-2006, 05:12 AM
I have a similar problem, my brother is planning to get blue and I want blue as well. My question is; do you trade or anything in these games? because i've heard you can only get certain pokemon in some games.

If you can trade or have to link up for something then ill get red, but if you don't get anything out of having both games then ill get blue.

Orange_Flaaffy
09-26-2006, 05:20 AM
You can't link....yet;)

Shady
09-26-2006, 05:28 AM
You can't link....yet;)

ok, so it'll be ok if we have 2 blue mystery dungeons...

.AzureLight
09-26-2006, 09:53 PM
I played both the GBA and DS version, and the DS version is definitely the one you want. Why? Simple, you have two screens to work with on the DS. While you're dungeon crawling on the bottom screen, you have the map and stats of your Pokemon on the top screen, so you don't have to cram a mini-map on the same screen.

I'm not sure what you mean by saving a bit a cash, because you'll obviously be spending cash to by a DS, but investing in a DS is definitely a good idea right now. I would definitely go with the DS Lite, sleeker look, a more scratch resistant screen and improved battery life. And if you want to get Pokemon Ranger or Diamond/Pearl when that comes out, then you're set when that's released.

That being said, there's no doubt in my mind the DS version is more superior. But if you really don't want a DS, or don't want to get it yet, then there's not too much difference on the GBA version, same graphics, same game. But again, with the GBA version, you're lacking the extra screen which I find helpful. And again, if you'll eventually get one, why not just get it now and enjoy Mystery Dungeon on the DS.

Not to mention...

Blue-only: Magikarp, Gyarados, Minun, Aipom, Porygon2, Lapras
Red-only: Feebas, Milotic, Plusle, Roselia, Porygon, Mantine

LanHikari
09-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Not to mention...

Blue-only: Magikarp, Gyarados, Minun, Aipom, Porygon2, Lapras
Red-only: Feebas, Milotic, Plusle, Roselia, Porygon, Mantine
But if you put in a little 'code' you could get the other Pokemon. ;D

.AzureLight
09-26-2006, 09:58 PM
But if you put in a little 'code' you could get the other Pokemon. ;D

Yeah, but there aren't any codes for the Porygons and Mantine/Lapras yet. :tongue:

LanHikari
09-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah, but there aren't any codes for the Porygons and Mantine/Lapras yet. :tongue:
Pshh, there will be! And I hope they are easy to get...>__<

PokemonElite2000
09-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I agree with Mime Jr: saving up money for a DS and getting Blue Rescue Team woud prolly be better, since there are some advantages to using the stylus pad. Also, as I read somewhere, at least you'll have one screen to have all of your vital information on the top screen, while playing on the bottom screen.
There's several different display options that you can set on the DS version. The setting I like is the map on top, and it also includes the vital stats of my Pokemon below the map, like HP. And of course, the entire bottom screen is dedicated to dungeon crawling, so I find the two screens very useful in this game.

The screenshots here show what I mean: http://www.pokemoncenter-online.com/portal/servlet/Frame?PKEY_TARGET_MAIN=/special/dungeon/index.html&tracking_flg=mm&pdc_null_dev=1

In one setting, you can see your Pokemon very clearly, with their level, HP, item, and tactics setting clearly displayed. The second screenshot you see there is the one I use, the big map on the top screen along with a list of your Pokemon's level and HP. And the next one shows another setting use the top screen to display the battle log. So how you want the game to be displayed is pretty customizable.