PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Shadow Black

Draconic_Espeon
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
(Okay, here's the board. I'm re-posting all the rules, including the plot, for anyone who'd still like to join. There's one place left still.

Here's (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=645569#post645569) the link to the Sign-Up Board.

---

Plot

The third installment of the Fire Red/Leaf Green trio, Shadow Black, is finally about to be relesed in the United States. There's a special drawing, where six lucky winners will be getting the game a month early. However, when they begin to play, they find themselves trapped within the game by the newest Legend, Levian. And, as it informs them, the only way to escape the game is to finish it!

Rules

1) Only I play Levian, the Pokemon, the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, and numerous other trainers throughout the game. No one else. But, you play your own Pokemon.

2) As is obvious from above, only six people will roleplay. I am going to be very picky, so do the best you can on your sign-up so that you can get accepted.

3) The 'game' will contain all three regions, keeping close to FR/LG, Crystal, and R/S. To procede to the next region, you must acquire all Gym Badges, defeat the Elite Four of that region, and capture one Legendary of that region. There will be no duplicate Legendaries, it's first come, first serve. No Legendaries can be caught before you have the eight Badges, but not all Legendaries can be caught at that time, so choose wisely, because you can only catch one in each region.

4) You do not start out with any Pokemon. You receive a Starter from Professor Oak, but the rest you have to catch.

5) Follow all basic roleplaying rules.

How to Catch Pokemon

While we are in the area of a Pokemon you'd like to catch, you may PM me requesting to do so. I will roleplay the wild Pokemon, giving you a chance to catch it. Your success depend upon your roleplaying skills and the Pokemon's rarity.

Also, I will randomly be sticking wild Pokemon in among the journey, for the purpose of training as well as catching. All the Pokemon that I will make appear will be common in the area, however, so for a specific Pokemon, the above rule still stands. You can, however, catch these common Pokemon. If you would like to battle and/or catch one of these, you must call it out of character. The first to do so gets a shot at it.

Legendaries

Everyone must catch one Legendary in each region to move on, but only one. What Legendary you catch is completely up to you.

The Trio's (The Legendary Birds, Dogs, and the Regis): These are the easiest to catch. They can be caught before facing the E4, but not before receiving your final badge. Due to the fact that they are so easy, no one can catch more than two!

The Rest: The others have been divided up amongst the three regions, four in each, because of the fact it was uneven. They are more difficult to catch, Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Deoxys being the MOST difficult. Below are where each of these are located.

Kanto: Kyogre, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Mew
Johto: Latias, Lugia, Groudon, Celebi
Hoenn: Ho-Oh, Latios, Deoxys, Jirachi

Each Legendary in either set will be hidden in one place in the region. If you would like to catch a specific Legendary, you must PM me and I will give you a hint as to its whereabouts. Only people who have PM'ed me asking for the Legendary can find it. You can't go there and try to capture it because someone else found it.

Also, once it has been found, no one can request it until the battle is over, and only then if the person doesn't capture it.

I am aware that it would be an unfair advantage for Kirstin, seeing as I know where all the Legendaries are. To make it fair, she gets last pick. You guys get a shot at what you want, and she gets what's left. If anyone has a better idea about this, feel free to say so.

Starters

The starters are...

Trapinch: Ground
Spheal: Ice
Aron: Steel

Choose well, for you can't catch any of the others until you get to Hoenn!

---

For your first post, everyone needs to start off with how they got their game, up until they turn it on. I will do the rest.

Also, from now on, everyone needs to use OOC. My first post will be coming shortly.

Draconic_Espeon
09-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Kirstin blinked, then blinked again. Her eyes went over the e-mail once more.

Congratulations, it read, you are the lucky winner of the Pokemon: Shadow Black game for Gameboy SP. You will be receiving your prize via snail mail in approximately 10 days. Kirstin sat back in her computer chair in delighted shock. It had been... How long since she'd checked her e-mails? She looked at the date on the e-mail. It was from two weeks ago. She frowned, almost deflating.

"Darn," she said aloud, clicking out of the window. "It must've been a fake contest or something." She sighed. She never won anything. Why should now be any different?

She was home, alone, for the moment, after school. She hadn't been able to do anything on the computer, like check her e-mails, for quite a while now due to a report for biology. It was done, now, so she finally had the afternoon to do what she pleased. She'd been excited, at least until she got the phoney e-mail.

Right at that moment, she heard the front door knob wiggle. She tensed at first, until she heard the door open. It was just one of her parents.

"Hi, Kirstin!" Her father's voice wafted down the hallway.

"Hey, Dad!" She shouted back, quickly getting off the internet and getting up to walk into the kitchen.

It was early October, and starting to get chilly outside, so Kirstin wasn't surprised to see her father taking off a green jacket.

"Hey, Dad, I haven't gotten any packages lately, have I?" She asked him, in spite of herself.

"No, honey, you have-" He stopped mid sentence, as if he was suddenly remembering something. "Actually, yes you have. I almost forgot, until just now." He rumaged through a pile of old junk mail, taking out a small brown package, about the size of a GameBoy game box.

"You got this a couple days ago," he said, but Kirtin wasn't really listening. She tore off the paper and almost squealed with delight when she saw the black and dark purple cover, emblazoned with a black winged snake. The skin between the draconic wing membranes were a dark purple, as were various markings around the Pokemon's head and body. Kirstin knew it to be Levian, the newest Legendary that was exclusive to the game. She couldn't believe it. The e-mail had been real. She really had won!

"A video game?" Her father said, cutting into her thoughts as he frowned. "You didn't buy it or anything, did you?" Kirstin shook her head.

"No, no, I won it! Please, can I go play it?"

"Help me do a few things first, and then you can," her dad replied evenly. She pouted a little, but nodded.

After the trash was taken out, the kitty litter cleaned, and various other tasks done, Kirstin was finally free to do what she wanted. She practically ran into her room, flopped down onto her bed, and rummaged for her silver SP. She'd been playing Crystal on it the night before, which she quickly took out. She tore open the box, flipped through the manual, mostly looking at the pictures, and put in the game. Bubbling with excitement, she turned the game on.

(That's about how it should look, but put in your own details, obviously. Just stop when your character turns it on.

I must go now, in order to get ready for the Homecoming Dance, which happens to be tonight. Bye.)

grassMaster1530
09-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Kirstin blinked, then blinked again. Her eyes went over the e-mail once more.

Congratulations, it read, you are the lucky winner of the Pokemon: Shadow Black game for Gameboy SP. You will be receiving your prize via snail mail in approximately 10 days. Kirstin sat back in her computer chair in delighted shock. It had been... How long since she'd checked her e-mails? She looked at the date on the e-mail. It was from two weeks ago. She frowned, almost deflating.

"Darn," she said aloud, clicking out of the window. "It must've been a fake contest or something." She sighed. She never won anything. Why should now be any different?

She was home, alone, for the moment, after school. She hadn't been able to do anything on the computer, like check her e-mails, for quite a while now due to a report for biology. It was done, now, so she finally had the afternoon to do what she pleased. She'd been excited, at least until she got the phoney e-mail.

Right at that moment, she heard the front door knob wiggle. She tensed at first, until she heard the door open. It was just one of her parents.

"Hi, Kirstin!" Her father's voice wafted down the hallway.

"Hey, Dad!" She shouted back, quickly getting off the internet and getting up to walk into the kitchen.

It was early October, and starting to get chilly outside, so Kirstin wasn't surprised to see her father taking off a green jacket.

"Hey, Dad, I haven't gotten any packages lately, have I?" She asked him, in spite of herself.

"No, honey, you have-" He stopped mid sentence, as if he was suddenly remembering something. "Actually, yes you have. I almost forgot, until just now." He rumaged through a pile of old junk mail, taking out a small brown package, about the size of a GameBoy game box.

"You got this a couple days ago," he said, but Kirtin wasn't really listening. She tore off the paper and almost squealed with delight when she saw the black and dark purple cover, emblazoned with a black winged snake. The skin between the draconic wing membranes were a dark purple, as were various markings around the Pokemon's head and body. Kirstin knew it to be Levian, the newest Legendary that was exclusive to the game. She couldn't believe it. The e-mail had been real. She really had won!

"A video game?" Her father said, cutting into her thoughts as he frowned. "You didn't buy it or anything, did you?" Kirstin shook her head.

"No, no, I won it! Please, can I go play it?"

"Help me do a few things first, and then you can," her dad replied evenly. She pouted a little, but nodded.

After the trash was taken out, the kitty litter cleaned, and various other tasks done, Kirstin was finally free to do what she wanted. She practically ran into her room, flopped down onto her bed, and rummaged for her silver SP. She'd been playing Crystal on it the night before, which she quickly took out. She tore open the box, flipped through the manual, mostly looking at the pictures, and put in the game. Bubbling with excitement, she turned the game on.

(That's about how it should look, but put in your own details, obviously. Just stop when your character turns it on.

I must go now, in order to get ready for the Homecoming Dance, which happens to be tonight. Bye.)
*you might now like how im gonna put this but rememebr i said ill help out but not sign up as one of the six trainers........ well...you'll see*

Alex Andrews was one of Kristin's best friends despite she was a little older than she was. Alex wanted to see what she was up to today. So Alex left home after doing her daily chores and rode her bicycle to Kristin's house.

When she got there about 15 minutes later, she saw KRisitn's dad outside. She parked her bike near the house and walked up to him.
"Afternoon sir.... I came to see Kristin today... .I hope that's okay."
Kristin's dad smiled and replied,"Of course it's no trouble Alex. You girls have fun inside the house. But Kristin won ome contestt and has a new game for her SP."

"No way! She won the Pokemon : Shadow Black Game Contest?.... she's so lucky......"
"Yes I think that is the game..." Kristin's dad said.

Alex ran inside and took of her shoes. Then she ran up the stairs and knocked on the door.

Thinking that it was okay, Alex opened the door and entered saying:
"Kristin I heard. You're so luck-............"

Cidunyegi
10-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Today was beautiful day on Socorro Island, with plenty of clouds in the cerulean sky. Since it was his day off, Ryan had decided to take a walk around the island, starting in the small village. But his walk was cut short was he ran into José on the docks, a merchant who owns his own boat and one of the few villagers beside Ryan who also knew how to speak some English.

"Hey, Ryan," he called out from his small business boat. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Ryan stopped in place, his hands in his pockets. "Sure has, since your last trip. How'd it go?"

José began fumbling through some of the items he received in trades and some that went to the villagers as mail. "Hmm. . . Let's see. I've got this cool shirt. . . Some strange food. What's a Chewy? And, ooh. . . Football." He pulled out a soccerball from under a small box, which fell and opened up, spilling some styro-foam beads and a smaller package.

Ryan, noticing the box, asked, "What's that one?"

José stared at the box, as if he'd never seen it before, then said, "Oh, the box. Now I remember. It's for you." He tossed the small thing over to Ryan.

Ryan caught it with ease. Looking over it, he realized what it was. On it cover the words Pokémon: Shadow Black were brightly colored. A tiny note was attached, notifying him on how he won the contest he entered in earlier that month. "I've got to go," he told José. "Thanks for the package." With that, he ran back to his small, one room house, leaving José to his items.

In his house, Ryan laid on his bed, staring intently at the new Pokémon game he had won. He reached to his right, opening a drawer, and took out his Nintendo DS. After opening the game box, he swapped his Leaf Green with the new Shadow Black. Before turning it on, he reached back into the drawer and pulled out his MP3 Player. Ryan loved listening to his music, and chose to listen to a song called Electric de Chocobo since he was in a good mood. After being settled down in his comfy bed with music, he pressed the button on the DS, then chose to play Pokémon: Shadow Black.

OoC: I must say, that is some good work I did. I'm so proud.:happy:

Delirium
10-01-2006, 05:05 AM
His long calused fingertips grazed the guitar strings with practiced ease, a look of satisfaction and irony graced the face of young Zacharia Montaine. Carefully he hugged the koa finish to his body, the trill of chordage spurning the air, the remnants of sound receeding into the confines of his room. It was a homey sort of place, not homey in the sense of comfort, but in that it was a reflection of Zacharia's nature, own self. Books were slewn everywhere, ranging from classic to pop novel, several copies of Poe, Bradburry and Burgess among them. Carefully he began to sing, the architecture of his voice sundering and whirling into every nook of the summer estate.

"Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth- you pull on your finger, then another finger, then your cigarette. The wall-to-wall is calling, it lingers, then you forget- Ohhh, how, how, how, you're a rock n' roll suicide."

The song rolled on until the last charged rush of acoustic fell from sound, and all that remained was silence. At present, Zacharia was alone. His parents had gone to Essex on some random excursion, which left him in their summer home in northern Maryland. It was a garish thing, of which Zacharia preferred nothing to do with. Of course, having money often correlates to having big, hulking pieces of crap for houses. There was always the option of inviting people over, of course, who would endure two hours of driving to even get in the same country as he? Then there was the total lack of major electrical appliances. All he had were books, his guitar, and his waning attention span.

"I think I'll eat my own face," he announced, to no one in particular, "that would certainly prove an interesting personal goal."

Zacharia did recall that he had brought along his DS, and that he could well play the new game he'd won (which he'd all together forgotten about playing.) Understanding his lack of anything better with which to occupy his psyche, Montaine heaved himself up from his bedside. Casually he thumbed through his bags, until he came upon the thin black pad of plastic and metal he'd received some months prior. He then fished for the box containing his pre-copy of Shadow Black, and inserted it into the drive. Without much ado, he began the game...

Draconic_Espeon
10-01-2006, 07:14 PM
(Looks good so far! I won't be posting what happens next until everyone, or almost everyone, posts their beginning, because it's all going to pretty well happen at once.

Also, grassMaster1530 is going to be helping me out with wild Pokemon and trainer and gym battles. So, she does have a right to be here.)

Shadow Kyogre GT2
10-02-2006, 10:44 AM
As krade got home from his trip into town he noticed the packege on his door step. Ash he looked at the lable, he noticed that it was from nintendo. He new what it was, so he teard open the pakege containn the black and perple pokemon game box witch he new containd the all new pokemon game shadow black.

As he stared at it in amazement, he read aloud: POKEMON SHADOW BLACK.

krade ran into his bedroom nearly triping over his skate board he leaped onto his bed, reaching out to grab his golden gameboy advance sp from his bedside table, accidently knocking over four of his other games.

As he picked up the games rapedly, he wonderd wether it would trade to his pokemon fire red version.

He tore open the packege wich containd the new pokemon game.

As he replaced his pokemon silver with his new pokemon shadow black, he switched on the gameboy advance sp wondering what it will be like...

chihuahuaking88
10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Kiano, his blue hitoe swaying slightly in the wind, stepped briskly onto the concrete slab, walking with renewed vigor. His step showed his confidence, as well as his arrogance. The crowd had subsided, now meandering its way to the center of the complex. The 2006 LA Anime Convention, the sign read. It was hung high above the doorway, and took a prominent seat of power over the building. Walking through the lights, whistles, and buzzing noises that made up the whole of the entrance, Kiano’s foot lightly brushed the ground as he stood in awe of the magnificent spectacle that was the convention.

Booths of every kind, cosplayers were abundant, and every five feet, another person was tackled or thrown to the ground in on of the most aggressive hugs known to man. No sooner had the same person recovered from his trauma, had another person glomped the poor soul again. Kiano maneuvered his way to the center of the convention. It was the last day of the convention. The day before, Kiano had entered in a costume contest, the prize being an elusive copy of the new Pokemon Shadow Black. Having put many hours of sweat and blood into his prized costume, Kiano felt he had a great chance of actually winning the prize.

“… so the winners will be drawn in one hour. We apologize for the delay. Now if you would look to your left, you’ll find that…”

An hour?! Kiano thought, Damnit, Defeated, he walked to take a restroom, only to be cornered by a young man wearing a Kenshin costume. Kiano looked at him, sizing him up… determined, Kiano extended a hand to the stranger. He took it, and quickly took his scabbard and tried to hit Kiano, only to have it stopped by his forearm. Kiano tried to grab the scabbard, only to have it pulled away.

“Hph. Fool,”

What?! What’s this guys problem? The stranger began to walk away, just as Kiano saw through his boiling blood. Kiano took out his sword, laying it down and charged the young man with his scabbard. The boy ducked under and only told him to follow him. Kiano picked up his sword, thankful no one had stepped on the razor edge. Kiano came to a large ring, much like a boxing ring. He was told that the convention center was holding matches for the young men and women who wanted to practice their sword play skills.

“So, InuYasha, huh? What a moron,” The boy said, leaning against a wall.

“What?!” Kiano screamed, “You costume isn’t all that great either, jackass! Your head must have more hot air then the Serbian Desert. Lets let off some of that steam,” He chortled, cracking his knuckles.

“Whatever. Let’s play then,” He chuckled. What was with this guy?

“Why you…” Kiano steamed. He grabbed a wooden katana, stepping into the ring.

Kiano charged the his opponent, holding the katana over his head. He swung down, only to have his opponent step to the left and hit him in the back of the head. “Er… you *%#!@*^!” Kiano charged again and the fight insued.

---

Kiano, rubbing the bruise in the back of his head, returned the katana, picking up his own. He walked back to the center of the building, leaving his opponent to lick his wounds, which consisted of his many scratches, bruises, and a broken nose. God bless injury waivers.

Draconic_Espeon
10-02-2006, 09:51 PM
(Good post, Howmi, but your character still needs to get to where the game turns on before we can continue.)

chihuahuaking88
10-03-2006, 03:08 PM
OOC: ("He walked back to the center of the building" where he claimed his prize and turned on the game. I simply allowed the reader to assume that this will be the outcome, since he has to get the game and turn it on in this post.) It's rather redundant to post "he turned on the game" over and over again in different (Albeit, by different people). My style simply changed the normal pattern to make it easier for readers to read the first few threads by not limiting myself to a set pattern where it is not needed. It can be safely inferred that Kiano got his game and turned it on since it is required of the post, he walked to the center, and he couldn't participate in the RP otherwise. Thus, the statement, "he turned on the game", was unnecessary.)

Draconic_Espeon
10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
(M'kay, that's fine then. Individuality is great, I'm just apparently not great at assuming things... I'll post the next part. It'll be a little awkward for some people, and could possibly cause mass hysteria in our world, but what the heck. ^^)

The screens flickered to life, the beginnings the players were used to played across them (the Gameboy thing, the Nintendo thing, the Gamefreak thing...). The next part, however, would be completely unique to the game itself. A couple of the more impatient ones may try to simply go on by pressing the A button, only to find that it didn't seem to work. In any case, they all watched the little beginning movie.

It was quite short. At first, the screen simply stayed black. Bright purple eyes, reptilian with their slit black pupils, opened and stared out at them from the screen, as if looking out from murky darkness. The rest of the face came forward, to show a grinning Levian, all black with markings on its eyes and snout of a purple that matched them. A black claw tipped with silver talons shot out, seeming to fight momentarily against the screen... And broke through. It erupted from the Gameboys, impossibly large, each individual digit as long as a grown man. They gripped their prey, the players, and pulled back inside. The games clattered to the ground.
---
In Kirstin's room, however, the claw came back, empty of its prize. It reached out once again, grabbed Alex, and pulled her in as well.

(Also, RocketMeowth, go ahead and post like the others did, and then this will happen to your character as well.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to do it seperate because it would quickly become redundant, seeing as everyone would know what was going to happen next. I'm also sorry if this isn't how DS's start out, but I don't have one, so I have no idea how they work. You'll all end up in a kind of void, by the way.)

chihuahuaking88
10-05-2006, 08:39 PM
<scarcasm post>

Howmi wandered through the void.

</scarcasm post>

---

OCC: Honestly, what do you expect us to do? >.> (Try not read that in an angry way.) We end up in a void. Not much to go on, really. I think maybe you should expand upon this and let the players know that they will pass through a void and land somewhere in Pallet Town. Where? They may decide that. Also, they are now on their own. No more hand holding. You can go to Virdian, go to Cinibar Island, whatever. You are not limited to the liniarity of the game. Do what you want.

Also, are we going on only the games' universe? If so which one(s)?

Are we incorperating the anime or manga in the universe? Note that Ash and a few other characters never actually appear in the games. I think it would be better to let the players incorperate what they want, but make sure that they don't overlap and conflict with each other. I'd enjoy using the Manga and Animes in this RP.

Sorry if I sound mad (I just went over my post), because I'm not. Just my opinion. ^-^

~Howmi/Kiano

Draconic_Espeon
10-05-2006, 11:44 PM
(Okay, I'm not really sure what I expected... I was originally going to have Levian talk to you, but I think it'll take to much time now, so I'm setting you all loose, pretty much. ^^ You will drift through the void until you see a light, and then you'll be pulled into the light, and arrive in or around Pallet. At first, no one will be together, but once everyone has their first Pokemon, you can either stay with a group or go our seperate ways.

Originally, I was going to stick to the games, but... I think you're idea of combining anime, manga, and games together sounds way more fun. You can also travel whatever which way you'd like. The only requirement is that you have to get all eight badges, defeat the Pokemon league, and capture a Legend in each area. We will be traveling though, in this order, Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. I you have any more questions or suggestions, please voice them! Oh, and have fun!)

At first, Kirstin thought she had closed her eyes, until she realized that she had to blink. Terrified, the darkness seemed to swirl around her, with smokey hands reaching out to grab her. Swimming desperately, she searched the void until a tiny pinprick of light caught her eyes. She wallowed towards it, and was sucked in.

Blinking desperately in the bright light, she attempted to look around. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the sunlight, and she saw waving grass all around. Standing up, for she had apparently landed sitting down, she tried to see if she could recognize any landmarks. A small building stood in the distance. Feeling lost and confused, she walked towards what she hoped would be civilization.

Delirium
10-06-2006, 02:45 AM
His eyes inflamed queerly, a soft knocking sensation in the back of his head. The world fluctuated in grainy technicolor, a belt of light dancing in front of his perception. Zacharia trembled vaguely as he rose to his feet, the lasting sensation of an effluent shock testing his laurels in ever last respect of the word. A hand groped for balance, his hand to be exact, and found the hewn surface of a mottled tree.

Roughly he tighted his arm muscles, providing a counter balance to gravity, his opposite hand caressing his brow with languid inspection. There were no evident signs of damage or injury, and at worst he felt he had suffered a minor concussion, and was working to stave of the effects.

"Bugger..."

He slurred, attempting to open his eyes to the suspecting sunlight. It took a second to realize that his bedroom did not, in fact, have trees in it or a sun for that matter. Furthermore, it came to realization that he had found residence amidst a thick brush of tall grass.

In the distance, he saw a cluster of homes, and then a more officious looking building, from which a number of pronged satellite dishes protruded. Peacably he made his way for the town, slightly shaken by the numb of journey, slightly dumbfounded as to where the hell he was.

Shadow Kyogre GT2
10-06-2006, 05:57 AM
As Krade entered the void the floor was like liquid. Eventualy he starded sinking trough it he strugled to stay above surfice but failed. He heldhis breath as long as he could sertain that he would drown if he didn't, and soon he couldn't hold it much longer and he gasped for air. He recieved a great shock as air filled his lungs.

Sure of that he had gone mad he enjoyed the sinking sensation. He saw a light, he thought he had finally died so he swam towards it thinking it was heaven. The light became biger as he got closer. He wonderd how much further it was but, just then, he felt a strange feeling and he got sucked into the light. He fell through thin air as he crashed onto the hard growned of what looked like a town or a vilage.

He looked around as he wonderd where he was, but had no luck of identifying it.

Draconic_Espeon
10-06-2006, 09:43 PM
(I'll be playing Professor Oak and Tracy. I'm not sure if there's usually anyone else at the lab, but oh well...)

It was early morning, around eight, but Professor Oak had been up for a few hours already, tending to the various Pokemon he kept track of. What color his hair had once been was undefinable, for now it was all gray and white. His eyes were a steely gray, and he wore a plain lab coat under a teal sweater and light brown slacks. Known as the world-renowned Pokemon Professor, it was his job to not only study Pokemon, but also give a starter to new trainers. In fact, they had just gotten in a batch of completely new starters from Hoenn; Trapinch, Spheal, and Aron.

He'd been just sitting down for a cup of coffee when his assistant, Tracy, a black haired boy of sixteen with a knack for scetching Pokemon, skidded to a halt in front of him.

"Professor!" He said, winded.

"Yes?" Oak replied, one eyebrow lifting in puzzlement.

"There's a girl outside," Tracy went on. "Wondering where she was. I told her, and, next thing I knew, she was asking for a Pokemon!"

"Does she qualify?" He asked, standing up. His assisstant nodded.

"She told me she was fifteen," he said as they walked to the front door, where the girl was apparently waiting. "She said her name was Kirstin McCallahan, but wouldn't say where she was from."

"Let me see her, then," he said with a slight sigh. It was that season, although all the local wannabe trainers had already gotten their Pokemon. He hadn't really expected more.They walked outside, and Professor Oak got his first look at Kirstin.

She'd been facing the other direction and turned when she heard them. Her light brown eyes widened when she saw him. She wore a plain red shirt with a denim jacket, and black jeans.

"P-Professor Oak!" Kirstin said when she saw him, in awe. He smiled.

"You're here to receive a Pokemon, right, Kirstin?" She nodded, not sure of what else to do. "And you promise to take good care of it, and not abuse it in any way?" She nodded once more, this time more emphatically. "Well, alright, then. Follow me." He led her inside while Tracy waited, in case more people showed up.

(Hint hint, wink wink! Yeah, go to the lab...)

Cidunyegi
10-07-2006, 02:00 AM
One moment he had been in his room, just turning on his new game. The next, it felt like he was falling into everlasting darkness, followed by the sickening feeling you sometimes have in nightmares when your about to die. Am I dead? Ryan thought. No, I mustn't rush to conclusions. I should just relax. Just relax, he started repeating over and over slowly, taking deep breaths. After a few minutes of doing this routine, he felt better. In fact, Ryan had never felt better. For some reason, the darkness seemed to suit him, to sooth him. He felt like he belonged here. He soon fell into a drifting like sleep.

Not long after closing his eyes did it really feel like falling, but with no air pushing against him. Things seemed to rush by in a blur as he was dragged from the dark sanctuary towards a small speck of light. . .

A muffled cry came out of his lips when he crashed into reality. He tried opening his eyes, but quickly closed them when a blinding light came surging in. He tried moving but for the moment his body seemed paralyzed. Using his hands, Ryan felt the surrounding area below him. He was laying in soft grass. He finally opened his eyes and was able to sit up straight. What he saw astonished him.

The landscape seemed perfectly natural, long lolling hills tipped with swaying grass and small trees. He certainly was in a place he'd never been before. It seemed to move on forever. He slowly got to his feet and began trotting in one direction, hoping he was going somewhere.

After about thirty minutes of walking Ryan halted under a shady tree for a rest. Checking his body, he noticed for the first time he still had his MP3 player hanging loosely from his side. He tucked it into his pocket, and heard a squawk from above. Right above him, on a overhanging branch, was a bird that closely resembled a Spearow from the pokemon games he loved to play. I've gone dislusional, he thought. The bird stared at him with one eye, then flew off over a hill.

Ryan got to his feet again and ran after it. Over the hill, he saw a small village. People? he thought. He felt his stomach rumble. Where's there's people there's food! Ryan ran into town, searching for a fast-food restaurant. He came across a large building, which had a young teenager about his age standing near the door. He walked over to him.

"Hey," Ryan called out to the boy. "You wouldn't happen to know where I could buy some food, would ya? By the way, where am I?"

(OoC: Yay, another good post. I must be getting better.)

Shadow Kyogre GT2
10-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Krade saw a near by lab and decided to ask someonw where he was.
He enterd the building un awere if there was anybody in there.
Helo? Can someone tell me where I am? He asked confused.

He walked and eventualy saw a near by boy. Hello. Can you tell me where I am? He asked again politly.

Draconic_Espeon
10-10-2006, 09:58 PM
(I am very sorry, I had every intention of coming on over the weekend, but my phone line decided to disconnect itself... >< Anyway, I'm here now.)

Tracy blinked, looking a little confused. One person not knowing where they were, that was one thing, but three? In less than fifteen minutes?

"Um, Pallet Town," he answered them both. Then, remembering Ryan's other question, he also said, "Pallet's too small to have anything along the lines of a grocery store or restaurant; you'd have to go to Viridian City. It's not too far awy though. In any case, the only notable place in Pallet is the Pokemon Lab." He motioned to the building behind him.

---

"We have three starters," Professor Oak said to Kirstin as they walked inside. "They are-"

"Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, right?" Kirstin said, interrupted.

"Usually, yes," the professor replied. "But, we recently got in a bunch of new starter Pokemon, straight from Hoenn. They are Trapinch, Spheal, and Aron." He turned slightly to look at her out of the corner of his eye. "They're rare in these parts. Are you familiar with them?" The girl nodded vigorously.

"Yes! Spheal is an ice and water type, Aron is steel and rock, and Trapinch is just ground, until it evolves. Then, it's a dual dragon and ground type," she said, almost excitedly. Oak nodded.

"Yes. Which one would you choose?" He asked, pulling out three Pokeballs. Kirstin didn't even seem to think about it.

"Trapinch," she said instantly, and smiled. Oak smiled back and handed a corresponding Pokeball to her.

Cidunyegi
10-11-2006, 01:02 AM
"What?" Ryan groaned. "No food? How far away is this Viri--," he stopped short, realizing what the boy had said. "Did you say . . . Pallet Town? And Viridian?" Ryan asked with a blank face, dumbfounded. He stared at the teenager for a few seconds, thinking it must have been some kind of joke.

That's when it hit him; the bird in the tree resembling a Spearow, the boy talking about places in a video game. He thought back to when he turned on his new game . . . but remembered nothing. That's it, he thought. Something must've happened when playing Shadow Black, and that's how I ended up in that black place . . . that sanctuary. To Ryan, still remembering the shadows soothed him a little. Then an evil smile played across his face. If I'm really in the Pokemon world, and I'm really in Pallet Town in front of the old man's laboratory . . . then maybe I can get a pokemon as my own!

"Hey," he yelled suddenly to the boy. "Does a old guy by the name of Oak live here? I need to speak with him."

chihuahuaking88
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
OOC: Woot! My four 4-page research papaers are done! ^-^ I can breathe! YES! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

*Does a dance, deep breathe, sigh*

Ah, so I'm back. College sucks major ass.

Oh, and sorry if this is bunny hopping/God moding. I don't believe it is, since you're just using Oak for the time being, and not actually RPing the character. If it is bunny hopping, let me know, and I'll change this post (or just let it slip this one time, :)). Also, I usually just use the characters that are needed to further the RP (Oak, Nurse Joy, Gym Leaders, etc) as NPCs so that the GM/DM/Creator doesn't have to take time to RP those characters that every character will RP with. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Ah, (oh), one more thing: About capturing a legendary Pokemon to move on… there’s 6 of us, and only 4 legendaries in each area, so… are two people being eliminated or did somebody forget that 4 – 6 = -2? Heh. Minor concern.

---

Kiano felt his body being twisted and contorted. His clothes felt heavy, as if they had been dripping with rain water. He felt himself twisting and turning in the void, his mind spinning more than even his body. He reached out with a hand, grunting against the pain... until a world of blue opened up.

A disturbing black miasma surrounded his arms, dissipating into nothingness within seconds. The soft, rolling clouds overhead knotted together and unraveled in a never ending dance of the sky. The black mist completely dissipated from the folds of Kiano’s clothing, giving him just enough time to look down and see that he wasn’t touching anything… in fact, he was about 12 feet above a roof! Without the power of the miasma holding him, Kiano felt gravity take its toll and pull him down.

Crashing into the roof of the building, the surface bent slightly before giving way. Kiano can crashing down, ceiling and all. For a moment, he thought he might die, but he landed in something soft… and big. Kiano opened his eyes, feeling around on what he had landed on. It was alive! The thing was breathing!

“That’s quite the entrance. Mind, uh, getting off of my Snorlax?” A voice said. That voice… it was so familiar…. It was a boy, yet… it seemed… darker. Promptly, Kiano gave a great heave and hoisted himself off of the giant of a beast, “Now… what are you doing here? … and why do you have on such odd clothes?” The man-boy asked, his Pikachu at his shoulder sparked with electricity.

“Uh, I… don’t know,” Kiano replied, looking down at his hitoe, sword, and hakrama. Abruptly a professor, or at least, what looked like one, burst into the room.

“Ash! What’s going on in here!?” He yelled, a Muk following in pursuit.

Ash? Kiano thought.

“This guy just broke in through the roof. I have to get back, so could you take care of him? Pidgeot! Let’s go!” With that, Ash threw a Pokeball, from which emerged a bird of majestic proportions. Ash leapt on its back, ascending to the endless blue through the newly formed hole in the roof.

Just as the boy left, everything hit Kiano. He was in the world of Pokemon. Though… why was Ash so different? Was he just in a bad mood?

“Ahem…” Oak said.

“Oh! Yes, well, uh, you see…,” Kiano struggled with his words at first, then wove an elaborate tale that ended with him being flung down onto the lab by a Fearow.

“Oh, well, did you still want your starter?” The aged voice asked, judging him to be of good character.

“Please,” Kiano said, realizing just what he had asked. Upon seeing the starters, however, he was slightly disappointed. He was expecting to get a Charmander, however, he quickly told himself that the new selection was fine. Upon thinking about it for a moment, he decided upon Aron. The metallic Pokemon looked on, as it saw it’s pokeball being handed off.

“There you are!” Oak smiled, “Aron, I expect you to be good to your new master,” Oak said, giving the small pokemon a piece of condensed iron ore,” The pokemon gleefully jumped into the air as Kiano recalled it. Kiano thanked the professor, and turned to leave, “Wait. Do you have a place to stay?”

“No,” He replied simply.

“Then stay here! We’ve plenty of room!” He smiled.

“Thanks, old man!” Kiano said, Oak’s smile dissipating slightly.

---

The next morning, Kiano was woken by the professor mumbling something about people who didn’t know where they were asking for a starter. Kiano decided to leave, and, holding his sword in his hand, feeling the pokeball in his hitoe with the other, Kiano set out to Viridian City.

---

OOC: Hint: We didn't all arrive at the same time, did we? Heh.

Draconic_Espeon
10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
('Tis fine, I don't consider it bunnying... Just don't do it with anyone else's actual character, 'kay? With the NPC's, it's fine.

About capturing a legendary Pokemon to move on… there’s 6 of us, and only 4 legendaries in each area, so… are two people being eliminated or did somebody forget that 4 – 6 = -2? Heh. Minor concern.

Actually, you seem to have forgotten that in addition to the four, there are also one of the trios in each region. I don't consider Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza a trio, but anyway... Yeah. So Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno are all in Kanto, Suicune, Raikou, and Entei in Johto, and the Regi's in Hoenn. No Shinou, but I might add it on at the end if this is still going. You never know.

*scowls* I'm in a rather awkward position... My cat decided to lie across my shoulders... Oh, well. I'm too nice to shove her off.)

"You mean the Professor?" Tracy said, ignoring the 'old man' comment. "Yes. Actually, he's giving a girl who arrived a couple of minutes ago one of the new starters..." At that moment, Kirstin chose to exit the building. She had already released her little Trapinch, whom she had named Draco, and she walked past the others, smiling brightly. Draco, on the other hand, proceeded to bite Tracy's hand.

"I am SO sorry!" She said for the eleventh time, holding a struggling Trapinch in her arms.

"I-it's really okay..." Tracy responded, nursing a red hand.

(>< Draco bad...)

Cidunyegi
10-11-2006, 10:47 PM
OoC: Ash still has a Pidgeot? I thought he released it/gave it away just like some others. Primeape. . . Butterfree. . . There's probably more to this list, I'm sure.

BiC: Ryan was excited to hear that Prof. Oak was in the lab, and was giving out pokemon. He ran into the old building, ignoring the comments of Tracey. After he was in, the girl Tracey was talking about ran out the doors, holding a Trapinch in her hands. Trapinch? That isn't a usual starter pokemon, Ryan thought. Does that mean no Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle? He had been hoping Oak would be handing out his favorites from the Kanto region.

Ryan ran to the back of the building, almost tripping on some wires and other random items laying aimlessly on the floor. And there he was, the old man himself.

"Prof. Oak! It's really you." Ryan grabbed his hand and shooked it vigorously. He realized that he was going to fast for the profesor, and so stood straight, clearing his throat. He waited an excited moment, soaking in all that had happened."You're giving out starter pokemon, right? And do you still have Bulbsaur, Charmander, and Squirtle?"

Draconic_Espeon
10-11-2006, 11:20 PM
"Yes, I am, but we currently have a new set," he said, looking puzzled. "They are Aron, Spheal, and Trapinch. Are you looking to get one?" He asked. The boy certainly looked the right age...

Cidunyegi
10-11-2006, 11:38 PM
OoC: Sorry if my posts seem short. It's hard to add a lot of detail when talking to someone.

BiC: "Hoenn pokemon, huh?" Ryan never really liked the Hoenn region on the games, and so thought hard on his choice. Spheal was out of the question, and for a moment he thought Aron. Finally he came to a decision of Trapinch. It would be a challenge to raise, since it changes dramatically through evolution.

"Can I have a Trapinch, please?" He glanced passed the old man, looking for the pokemon.

Draconic_Espeon
10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
(It's okay, it's hard for me too...)

The professor nodded and took out a Pokeball, handing it to Ryan.

"Take good care of it," he said solemnly.

(I'm also going to go ahead and put up the Pokemon that can be found in Route 1.)

Common: Rattata, Pidgey
Uncommon: Spearow, Caterpie, Weedle
Rare: Pikachu

(Please note: To make things more difficult, you may only request to catch Common and Uncommon Pokemon. You will see a wild Pikachu at some point while you traverse Route 1, but there will be only one, and it will be at a random instant! Also, Kirstin cannot catch it... Which only applies to me. :P)

Cidunyegi
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Ryan took the pokeball from Prof. Oak slowy, staring at it in awe. Inside, he could see the little ant pit pokemon. "Wow . . ." he said quietly. "A real pokemon . . . And it's mine."

Ryan looked back up at Prof. Oak. "Thank you. You don't know how much this means. . ." He held out his hand, but this time allowed Oak to do the shaking. After that, he walked outside, passed Tracey, and toward the outskirts of Pallet Town.

He was still holding the pokeball in his hands when he reached the beginning of Route 1, watching the bug-like creature move around casually. A dumbfounded thought came to him, and he pressed the button on the device. The ball widened, then released the pokemon. The Trapinch stared around at its surroundings for a while before finally resting its eyes on its new tamer. Ryan stared curiously back at it.

Even though Ryan knew little Japanese, he did memorize the Japanese names of many pokemon. Trapinch's is Nakuraa, and so he soon decided that his first pokemon's name would be Sakura (I say my little antlion is female). Ryan and Sakura stared at each other for a long time, trying to understand the other.

Finally, Ryan lifted a hand and cautiously held it at toward the Trapinch, wondering if it remembered people by scent, like a dog or horse. Just like he anticipated, Sakura moved closer to him, sniffing his hand. The creature looked up at him, its oversized jaws in an open-mouth smile. Ryan smiled back, assuming things were starting out well for the two of them. He picked her up, like he would a cat. He realized, though, that that was a big mistake, as Sakura sunk her fangs into his right hand.

OoC: Tell me if I need to change anything for old man Oak (I like calling him that).

Delirium
10-12-2006, 03:15 AM
Zacharia had a knack for wandering around. Presently, he found his head in a mailbox. How precisely he had become antiquated with such a thing was beyond his reason or his will to reason. So he just went with it! The whole thing reminded him of that time he tried LSD, which he learned never to try again because he wound up in a hotel in south LA naked and tied to a toilet seat. The experience of it was much like Dorothy arriving in Oz, that blast of filmy color throttling your retinas, then leaving you to cope with the minor details of whether you were a good witch or a bad witch. With a little self-respect (and I use the word here sparingly) Montaine removed his head from said mailbox, slightly perterbed at the situation at hand. Zacharia never watched an episode of the bloody anime, so he was not so versed in the geography of pokemon. What Zacharia did know, however, were that big, shiny buildings were usually of importance, and without much care, made for Oak's lab. Ironically- it was two feet away! The mailbox happened to be that of the lab's! How ironic yet plot developing! Broodingly, he made his passage down the hall, carefully approaching each nook and cranny as if he were a drunk Tom Clancy trying to write a new novel on the drywall.

But of course, he fell into a door. Which lead into a room. Which everyone at present occupied.

"...hello!" he spoke from the ground, staring wide-eyed at the other...people. "I'm thinking that I'm tripping on some really bad drugs right now, so if you don't mind, don't turn into scorpions or spiders and eat my eyeballs. Kay? Thanks."

Draconic_Espeon
10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
(You did fine, Cidunyegi. And Delirium, most people were actually outside the building, unless you were talking to Prof. Oak.)

Kirstin simply stared at him, looking confused. She sometimes acted young for her age, and this was definitely one of those moments.

"Uh... Okay..."
---
"Do you want to know where you are, too?" Tracey asked, looking suspiciously at Zach.

Delirium
10-13-2006, 03:57 AM
(Whee! I shat that post out. Excuse the mistake)

"Would you think it advisable?"

He chimed hazily, and then with a complete lack of repose, began to stand, legs flailing, monologuing slightly in the process...

"Because...I am all for taking the advice...of people...I just..." finally at his feet with a grunt, Zacharia patted himself down, then, snidely finished, "...met."

Draconic_Espeon
10-13-2006, 10:01 PM
"That depends," Tracy said, raising one eyebrow. "Do you even know where you are?"
---
Kirstin watched them for a moment, at least until Draco squirmed out of her grasp and started to walk away. With a sigh, she followed. Perhaps she and Draco hadn't quite gotten off on a good start...

Shadow Kyogre GT2
10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Can I have a pokemon? Krade asked as he thought weather to choose charmander or squirtle. A charmander please. As he finaly made a disicion.

Draconic_Espeon
10-15-2006, 11:45 PM
"You'll have to ask Oak," Tracy told Krade. "We don't have any of the regular starters right now, though; only Spheal, Aron, and Trapinch."

Shadow Kyogre GT2
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
hmmm. Krade thought as he walked up to the professor. Professor? he said finaly. Can I have a trapinch please? Asked Krade as politly as posible.

Draconic_Espeon
10-16-2006, 10:38 PM
The Professor looked at him for a moment, then nodded.

"Yes, yes, I suppose you can." He seemed to sift through various items in the lab, looking around for the appropriate Pokeball. Finally, he went to a cardboard box and reached inside. Taking out the red and white sphere he needed, he handed it to Krade.

"Here you go."

Shadow Kyogre GT2
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Thank's. Said Krade as he observed the pokeball Oak had just gave him.
I think i'll name you... He paused for a moment the finally he spoke. Flamer... After the flygon on my sapphire. He wisperd to himself. Go Flamer! Said Krade as he threw the pokeball into the air. Let's go to Veridion city. Krade left the lab and began to wander in the grass trying to remember the map on his fire red.

Draconic_Espeon
10-18-2006, 09:47 PM
(This will also be posted on the Rules post, but I thought I'd get your attention here as well.

As far as catching Pokemon goes, from now on, you need only to PM me to ask if you can catch one, and then simply make it appear yourself and type out the battle. I, however, reserve the judgement for whether or not that Pokemon is caught. If I think the battle is good enough, you'll get it. If not, it'll get away. For those familiar with the URPG, it will be much the same. Keep in mind, though, that battling is not the only way to catch a Pokemon...)

Kirstin continued following the Trapinch. She had no clue as to if it even had the slightest idea of where it was going, but she really didn't mind. Anywhere sounded good, at the moment.

"Pinch!" Draco cried suddely. Kirstin was jolted out of her daydream and looked up. A very familiar purple rodent seemed poised to attack, teeth gnashing. Draco's large jaws were wide, inviting it to attack.

"Leave the poor thing alone, Draco!" Kirstin tried commanding it, not that she expected him to listen. Much to her surprise, he did. Her gaze turned to the little Rattata.

With the threat gone, the rat Pokemon was far more docile. As far as Kirstin could tell, it looked fairly small, even for a Rattata, if judging it by the size they were on the anime was at all accurate. She crouched down, attempting to reach eye level, and gently put one hand out towards it.

"Come here, little one, I won't let mean ol' Draco hurt you," she said softly. The Rattata, less spooked and more curious, approached her, ever so slowly. She let it smell her hand before she gently stroked it.

Draco watched all this in solemn silence.

Shadow Kyogre GT2
11-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Krade and his new pokemon Flamer walked throuhg the grass heading for
veridion city.

Flamer ran of in the direction f draco.
Flamer! COME BACK HERE!!! Shouted Krade running after the little trapinch.
Whaaa! Krade had triped over a small pokemon with a lond tail. A caterpie!
"Sorry, no time for you." said Krade as he got up and continued running after
his new pokemon.

Ow! Said Krade as he fell to the ground again. Ahaa! exclaimed Krade noticing
the wrigling flamer. Got cha! He said picking up flamer.

What are we going to do with you then?

Draconic_Espeon
11-06-2006, 01:27 AM
(You may catch a Pidgey, just don't make it too easy. Try to drag it out a bit. :wink: )

"Rattata!" The little Pokemon said happily. Kirstin was smiling as well when she felt a nudge on her arm. She looked and saw that it was Draco. Cautiously, she tried to pet him, too. When he didn't bite, she began to do it more easily.

"You're not so bad, are you?" She said. Then, she put the Rattata down. "Sorry, I have to get going," she told it. "Bye." She begn walking, Draco at her heels, when she noticed him turning around. She, too, turned. The Rattata was following them.

"You wanna come?" It nodded emphatically. "Well, okay, but I gotta catch you first..." She gently tossed a Pokeball. The Rattata was sucked inside, and it fell still. A kind of shiver passed through her spine. She'd actually caught her first Pokemon!