PDA

View Full Version : The Box Trick

linsper23
10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
What games is the box trick in where your stats can grow to their max? Is it only in the RBY/GCS era or is in the RSE/FR, LF versions as well?

Spartan MK-6
10-02-2006, 12:35 AM
What games is the box trick in where your stats can grow to their max? Is it only in the RBY/GCS era or is in the RSE/FR, LF versions as well?

box trick? ive never heard of it, could u tell me about it?

linsper23
10-02-2006, 01:01 AM
box trick? ive never heard of it, could u tell me about it?

You train your Pokemon a lot but not leveling up. Then you put it in the PC box. Save it. Shut off the Gameboy and then turn it back on. Withdraw it back into your party and it will have gain stats.

This works best when your Pokemon is at level 100. Say you have a Raikou that is at level 100. You battle the Elite Four using your Raikou. After the Elite Four, you Deposit your Raikou into the PC. Save and turn off the Gameboy. Turn it back on and Withdraw it. It should have gained stats. It only lasts up until you have maxed out your stats.

Spartan MK-6
10-02-2006, 06:53 AM
You train your Pokemon a lot but not leveling up. Then you put it in the PC box. Save it. Shut off the Gameboy and then turn it back on. Withdraw it back into your party and it will have gain stats.

This works best when your Pokemon is at level 100. Say you have a Raikou that is at level 100. You battle the Elite Four using your Raikou. After the Elite Four, you Deposit your Raikou into the PC. Save and turn off the Gameboy. Turn it back on and Withdraw it. It should have gained stats. It only lasts up until you have maxed out your stats.

whoa, cool!
ill try it.

!CeMAn
10-02-2006, 11:05 PM
That trick was only for RBY/ GSC, i believe, because you can't max- out stats in any advance games.

And, you don't have to turn off the GB.
Just deposit, and withdraw.

linsper23
10-03-2006, 12:44 AM
That trick was only for RBY/ GSC, i believe, because you can't max- out stats in any advance games.

And, you don't have to turn off the GB.
Just deposit, and withdraw.

Thanks for answering my question. A mod can now close this thread.

TehD00de
10-26-2006, 05:08 AM
Well if it helps, there's a glitch that somewhat takes the box trick to a new level;
use your guys straight from the gameboy cartridge on the Stadium 2 (don't register them), only you earn the EV's without being restricted to the game's max deal. It takes a bit, but I got it to max my Lugia's stats all around, and I started on my Mewtwo with HP.

you can max stats in RSE too, but it's just not very practical and it requires a TON of staging... and it's not as much fun lol

PS
GSC rules!!!

mistdragon
10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
Are you sure it works...? If it does then, creation of almighty Pokemon is POSSIBLE in Emerald!:oops:

TehD00de
10-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Are you sure it works...? If it does then, creation of almighty Pokemon is POSSIBLE in Emerald!:oops:
NO NO
it only works (for me at least) on Stadium 2, which is GSC only... sure you can do it with your guys traded FROM RBY, but yeah the Stadium one won't do it because it always acts as if your pokemon are registered (therefore on the 64 system... lost touch with all actual "raising tactics" or whatever you wanna call them).

I'm sure it also had to do with a real "raising effect" on your pokemon... like the re-learn a move by level after beating the elite four; but I haven't pin-pointed what triggers this box trick effect.

PS
you can max stats in RSE FR LG... but it requires a lot of staging and setting up using link teams from the "secret-base" thing from your "friends" (hehehehee) which makes it in some people's eyes more or less worth it. I did it for a few of my guys in maybe one stat, but I thought it was nice.

linsper23
10-29-2006, 11:41 PM
NO NO
it only works (for me at least) on Stadium 2, which is GSC only... sure you can do it with your guys traded FROM RBY, but yeah the Stadium one won't do it because it always acts as if your pokemon are registered (therefore on the 64 system... lost touch with all actual "raising tactics" or whatever you wanna call them).

I'm sure it also had to do with a real "raising effect" on your pokemon... like the re-learn a move by level after beating the elite four; but I haven't pin-pointed what triggers this box trick effect.

PS
you can max stats in RSE FR LG... but it requires a lot of staging and setting up using link teams from the "secret-base" thing from your "friends" (hehehehee) which makes it in some people's eyes more or less worth it. I did it for a few of my guys in maybe one stat, but I thought it was nice.

What do you mean by that? I am really interested in making my Ruby Pokemon maxed out.

EckoUntld
10-30-2006, 02:09 AM
woah this is uber pwnage

Spinner
10-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Wait a minute. I thought a pokemon's stats in RBY and GSC were limited depending on it's DV's..:confused:

TehD00de
10-31-2006, 01:40 AM
What do you mean by that? I am really interested in making my Ruby Pokemon maxed out.
Well the thing I didn't like about the max stats deal in RSE is that it's so much more limited thanks to the natures thing they added in.
Here's what you do: if you have a spare GBA / cartridge / cable, make some teams with crappy moves so you can defeat them easily, then make some use of the "secret base with friends" thing so it's easy to get to as well. Then train in the EV's you want maxed out.
More info I think there's already a thred on that if you still need more...