PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Play For The Storylines ? MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS !

Omaro
10-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok In RUby/Sapphire it was about Team Magma and Aqua trying to awaken the legendary Pokemon, to make the world a better place according to them. In the originalas, it was all about Gym Battles and all. In Diamond and Pearl its Team Galaxy.
I heard however, that there are 3 legendaries (much like the Regis in Ruby/Sapphire, or the birds of the original like Zapdos, etc), in which case their Psychic. i ALSO heard TeamGalaxy actually CATXHES them this time... for some unknown reason.

Now... i aint expecting the storyliens to be inspiring, but the changes are subtle if any. Does anyone actually play the games to enjoy the storylines ? Or do they simply act as a means of linking your Gym Batlles together ?

Jhem
10-02-2006, 07:30 PM
When I first pick up the game and play it through, I get real imaginative with the storyline. I love the storyline in Emerald, because it makes more sense then just Kyogre or just Groudon coming up. And it also doesn't make either Team Magma or Team Aqua look like they're the good side. The Emerald storyline is superior thus far. It's why I liked Crystal the best out of it's generation the best, too, because it took a specific Pokemon and made it part of a bigger story. The fact that Clair wouldn't give you the badge yet and the steps you needed to take to actually get it also enhanced the game, I believe. I love it when there are little cinematics or little plot twists that require you to back track a little, or anything that drastically effects the world. It makes me feel more like a hero.

I liked the aim of Magma and Aqua in Emerald, but I didn't like how they didn't get to the point where they thought they finally won. I like how in the new games, Galaxy actually thinks they've realized their dream, only to find out their major flaw that hinders them.

I don't know. I also like how they think they're fighting for something good, and then realize in the end how bad their doings actually were, like when Magma and Aqua found out they were only causing harm. Bad guy revelations are really special and heart warming.

Anyways, yes, I do somewhat play for the storylines. But then afterwards, I play to kick all my friends' butts :smile:

rufus6june
10-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Ok In RUby/Sapphire it was about Team Magma and Aqua trying to awaken the legendary Pokemon, to make the world a better place according to them. In the originalas, it was all about Gym Battles and all. In Diamond and Pearl its Team Galaxy.
I heard however, that there are 3 legendaries (much like the Regis in Ruby/Sapphire, or the birds of the original like Zapdos, etc), in which case their Psychic. i ALSO heard TeamGalaxy actually CATXHES them this time... for some unknown reason.

Now... i aint expecting the storyliens to be inspiring, but the changes are subtle if any. Does anyone actually play the games to enjoy the storylines ? Or do they simply act as a means of linking your Gym Batlles together ?

Half of us if not all know this.

Omaro
10-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Half of us if not all know this.

Yeh i know pal, BUT, id rather 'take my chances' if you will, like this, insetad of getting agro from someone who just did not happen to know about it. Besides, it was also incase any future replies would reveal anything.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
10-03-2006, 05:10 AM
I play for many reasons.

The story line makes me feel like the hero in every game. Some stories are bigger and better than others, but still in every game, I'm the unlikely hero who winds up saving the world. My purpose was originally to help the professor build the Pokedex or run errands with my Pokemon partner. I stumble into a world plot designed by evil doers.

I play to catch, raise, and battle every Pokemon in any given game.

I play to make every Pokemon the strongest for it's species and make them nearly invincible at level 100.

I play so I can share everything I know with my friends and fellow Pokemon players.

Omaro
10-03-2006, 07:09 AM
When I first pick up the game and play it through, I get real imaginative with the storyline. I love the storyline in Emerald, because it makes more sense then just Kyogre or just Groudon coming up. And it also doesn't make either Team Magma or Team Aqua look like they're the good side. The Emerald storyline is superior thus far. It's why I liked Crystal the best out of it's generation the best, too, because it took a specific Pokemon and made it part of a bigger story. The fact that Clair wouldn't give you the badge yet and the steps you needed to take to actually get it also enhanced the game, I believe. I love it when there are little cinematics or little plot twists that require you to back track a little, or anything that drastically effects the world. It makes me feel more like a hero.

I liked the aim of Magma and Aqua in Emerald, but I didn't like how they didn't get to the point where they thought they finally won. I like how in the new games, Galaxy actually thinks they've realized their dream, only to find out their major flaw that hinders them.

I don't know. I also like how they think they're fighting for something good, and then realize in the end how bad their doings actually were, like when Magma and Aqua found out they were only causing harm. Bad guy revelations are really special and heart warming.

Anyways, yes, I do somewhat play for the storylines. But then afterwards, I play to kick all my friends' butts :smile:

If you dont mind me asking, you sound like you know the entire plot to the new Diamond/Pearl... how so ?

Shady
10-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Well the game is already out in japan isn't it? No doubt someone has finished at least the storyline by now.

silent pokemon master
10-10-2006, 04:54 PM
well yh but think bout it you do play for story thats what mkes a game good

KartWheelyGirl
10-10-2006, 10:16 PM
I DEFINATELY play for the storylines. My favorite games so far were Pokemon G/S/C. Your mother gave you a pokegear and told you it's uses. She even offered to hold your money for you and she tells you that Elm wants to talk to you. You get to be someone who just ran an errand for Professor Elm and obtained a pokedex. When you go back to the lab, you run into a thief who stole a pokemon and you battle him. (Not being a childhood rival made it unique.) You enter the lab where an officer is speaking to Elm about a stolen pokemon. You get to choose your rival's name meanwhile reporting him to the police. You hand Elm the Mystery egg and he decides that you have been getting along well with Pokemon and you should take the gym challenge. It seemed like it was planned for you to become a trainer, but you weren't exactly told, you would actually become one. I liked how you had to defeat Sprout Tower and the Violet City gym. I liked going into the cave, battling Bugsy, and defeating my rival in Azalea. I liked how the trainers had well known names, too. Such as Hiker Anthony, Cooltrainer Nick, etc. I liked the pokemon park where you can capture bug pokemon on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturday. I liked all of the side plots especially where the gym leader didn't give you a badge unless you accomplish something. I was surprised and thrilled that you were able to go back to Kanto. I liked absolutely everything about G/S/C and they should have done a GBA remake. (Or even a DS remake.)

I hope that Diamond and Pearl has a great storyline, too.

Barret
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah. I do play for the storyline. I'm hoping that since they've captured the pokemon, that it'll be more interesting. Because in the last games, the opposing team, the bad guys, never win. Ever. It's like against the Pokemon code or something. So I'm really hoping this will be better.

But yeah, after that I do go through again, trying to complete the game 100%. [Which will be rather hard now, since they are so many pokemon...]

That's it. :P

silent pokemon master
10-14-2006, 11:44 AM
but this time they kinda win they got waht they wanted captured the trio but then you have to rescue them sound simmler??? (ii thought so) does every1 know how big shinou is its really big:wink: :wink: :wink:

pokefan999
10-24-2006, 11:04 AM
i don't play for the storyline why becuase there hardly is any story and what there is of a story has always sucked in like all pokemon games

TehD00de
10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh come on... the storylines are great. They may be a little kiddish, but we should all strive to be kids on the inside a little more I think.

One thing's for sure the music helps make it a little more "in the mood", if you will.

PS
GSC's storyline rocks my socks off!!!

Peace / out

silent pokemon master
10-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh come on... the storylines are great. They may be a little kiddish, but we should all strive to be kids on the inside a little more I think.

One thing's for sure the music helps make it a little more "in the mood", if you will.

PS
GSC's storyline rocks my socks off!!!

Peace / out

your last bit is true gsc storyline was really good

Ridley
10-24-2006, 04:10 PM
I play to get pwnsome lv 100s.

Pichufan4
10-25-2006, 09:21 PM
i actually like the stories, and when it come to beating the bad guys is always fun to be a hero! i cant wait till D/P

silent pokemon master
10-26-2006, 02:58 PM
not everyone likes to be good guy i would like to be a bad for once you know side with team @(@=team e.g rocket)But nothertheless it still is quite fun bieng a child hero

pokeball
10-28-2006, 01:09 PM
i play for the story lines and to just overall provail to be the ultimate best!

Boo-Yah!!!!!!

silent pokemon master
10-30-2006, 03:44 PM
i play for the story lines and to just overall provail to be the ultimate best!

Boo-Yah!!!!!!

you mean in the game you can't be the best in battleing in real trainer's:dazed: :oops:

Legendary Wolf
10-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Its fun playing the story line and try having the ultimate team

silent pokemon master
10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
it would be nice to be evil for once though wait i just had the greatest idea you know they release two games one can be for a evil person charecter and one for the hero as charecter each has a diffrent storyline and same pokemon