PDA

View Full Version : Expierence for levels

b-flat
10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum and just got my game on Saturday (and I got a Mew for my Emerald version :biggrin: ).

I am a Treeko (first thing that was given to me), and my partener is Totodile. I am at Mt. Blaze (the save point before the summit), and I noticed that my partner is level 22, while I am level 19. Why is this? And, my partner still needs less expierence points than I do to level up, which is really wierd. I think I have 200 some rescue points. Every time I battle Moltres, I die (so far, tried about 7 or 8 times), but I think I could beat it if I was on the same level as my partner (so I could withstand an attack like ember). Any thoughts?

Hoshika
10-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Buy Reviver Seeds, level up, stand on the side and use Gravelerocks. That's all I can think of.

b-flat
10-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Like I said, I can't get any items, other than what I find on my way up the 2 floors, because I am at the point in the game where you are
SPOILER (BARELY)

running and have to get over Mt. Blaze. I can only have myself and my partner.

Thus, I can't get any other items.

But, the thing I really want to know is why my partner is 3 levels ahead of me and still doesn't need as many expierence points as I do.

Neo Emolga
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, Reviver Seeds are a big help if you have them.

Save the PP of your most powerful moves for Moltres, don't be too quick to burn them up on the wild Pokemon you find in the dungeons. Also, if you have any moves that can paralyze Moltres, such as Attract, Thunderwave, or Disable, put them to use, they help a bunch.

Linking Attract and Thunderwave pretty much helped me get through the entire game. :P

Sceptile
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Like I said, I can't get any items, other than what I find on my way up the 2 floors, because I am at the point in the game where you are
SPOILER (BARELY)

running and have to get over Mt. Blaze. I can only have myself and my partner.

Thus, I can't get any other items.

But, the thing I really want to know is why my partner is 3 levels ahead of me and still doesn't need as many expierence points as I do.
I think its because treecko is hard to level up,
My Pikachu:Lv14
Partner Treecko:Lv12

b-flat
10-03-2006, 08:43 PM
So, has anyone figured out the formulas for different pokemon and expierence? I am considering starting over to get someone that levels up faster, but I have gotten really far (over 7 hrs)...

As for saving good moves, it doesn't really matter about that, because the only moves I know are:
Pound
Absorb
Pursuit
Quick Attack

I have a bunch of TMs, but they are in storage, which I cannot access.

Also, do you learn moves on the same level as in RSE and FR/LG?

Thanks.

Sceptile
10-03-2006, 08:47 PM
So, has anyone figured out the formulas for different pokemon and expierence? I am considering starting over to get someone that levels up faster, but I have gotten really far (over 7 hrs)...

As for saving good moves, it doesn't really matter about that, because the only moves I know are:
Pound
Absorb
Pursuit
Quick Attack

I have a bunch of TMs, but they are in storage, which I cannot access.

Also, do you learn moves on the same level as in RSE and FR/LG?

Thanks.

My opinion is keep Treecko.Hes REAL strong as Sceptile and thatll help with the really tough misions,but thats just my opinion.

Hoshika
10-03-2006, 08:49 PM
If you find an Escape Orb in there, use it and get your TM out of storage. In case you didn't know, you can acess Kangaskan Storage out of the saving thingamajig before you go in.

LanHikari
10-03-2006, 08:51 PM
My opinion is keep Treecko.Hes REAL strong as Sceptile and thatll help with the really tough misions,but thats just my opinion.
Yep! I survived with Treecko being my partner, while I was a Cyndaquil. It wasn't really tough, actually pretty easy with Cyndaquil's SmokeScreen/Attract, while Treecko kept attacking. Even in the beginning he's strong, just hard to level, while he's a Sceptile, all he gains is an appearance, but he'll start leveling more. He's way passed my Typlosion o___o;

b-flat
10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I'll try that. Or I could just spend a lot of time training and trying to get lucky. Whenever I can do rescue missions again, I will train their. I guess you are right about Treeko, so I will keep him and not start over :D.

How do you access Kangashkan storage before you go in? Is it the same place you have the option to save the game? I am going to play it now and find out.

Sceptile
10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I'll try that. Or I could just spend a lot of time training and trying to get lucky. Whenever I can do rescue missions again, I will train their. I guess you are right about Treeko, so I will keep him and not start over :D.

How do you access Kangashkan storage before you go in? Is it the same place you have the option to save the game? I am going to play it now and find out.
I think you go up to that statue thing....

LanHikari
10-03-2006, 09:01 PM

Before you enter the Mt. Blaze, or any place else as a fugitive, you will see a Kangaskhan statue. Click it and you will have two options, Save or Storage. Click Storage. It says something around Storage, don't remember >__<

b-flat
10-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I would have to go down the mountain to access my TMs. I will eventually get lucky, especially if I can get Multres to attack Tototidle instead of me :D. That will help (Oooh, pursuit will do that!).

Thanks for the advice.