PDA

View Full Version : Traps are killing me! How do I avoid them? IQ?

AshMistyMayfan
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm about to go onto Lightning field, and I want to get the Thunderstone to desperately evolve my Pikachu, but I'm worried that the traps are going to spoil things (explosion, sludge, warp, and my food going bad is the WORSE to encounter next to losing my precious Xray specs) Is there something on the IQ for my starter to learn to 'avoid' these traps? I go to the far end and try to avoid the middle, but I always step onto the trap that ruins my food (got to trash my apples). Is it best to bring gummis, or the Stanima object? Problem with stanima is I have to give up the Xray specs and miss out on where the objects are. I have to overload on gummis, but it's thirty floors up.

Lotad
10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes, there is an IQ Skill to avoid traps. I forgot when you learn it, but I think it is after like 8 stars or so...

AshMistyMayfan
10-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Update: got through, got stone, got my Raichu. I just did a 'Run Lola Run' with all the open areas to hopefully make the traps not work to spoil the food. THankfully, didn't go as bad as the Entei maze. I'm going to stock up on yellow gummis and see about raising my IQ.

I used the one in my IQ to not make my stomach go down so fast. Worked through 16 mazes.

Sipheria
10-05-2006, 12:26 AM
i got like 9 starts with lugia, and he has "trap seer". it makes a trap appear in front of you before you step on it.

AshMistyMayfan
10-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Trap Seer says IQ is 10 and won't trigger concealed traps, does that mean I have to be a 10-star not to trigger the trap? I think my Raichu is a 9 star from what I count, would it need one more star to learn the 'Trap Seer' and I don't have to worry about losing my Xray specs? It takes me like 5 trips into Magma Cavern and by luck at Stormy Sea to find another set! I sure hope so, the game is getting harder now. I don't mind have to go back into areas to relentlessly find yellow gummis to get that last star in the worse way!
The Trap avoider is terrible, I look very hard at the floor and I do not see any pattern that hides these traps and I end up setting them off.