PDA

View Full Version : Outcome of current OHKO's cases.

Marth
10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Based on the evidence found in the reffing log, Chase has been found guilty of reffering an excesive amount of OHKO's, plus irregularities on his reffing logs, and thus will be sanctioned with:
-Minus 32K of his reffing wages, leaving him with a total of 10,500.
-A warning. In case of another re-incidation, it will be an indefinite ban.

There was a mistake in Espeon Rinage's number OHKO's, there were 7, not 17. The other cases are too insignificant to represent an abuse.

All-Star
10-06-2006, 12:18 AM
What the hell?

I didn't break any rules...

I did 32, different times, and they were all training battles...

Oh, and I have the opinion of a member.

[19:21] Ierdar188: That's why I never reffed OHKOs : P
[19:22] Ierdar188: I didn't feel like messing with the legality ********

Someone is going to say, "Well, he's banned... it doesn't matter."

Marth
10-06-2006, 03:49 AM
What the hell?

I didn't break any rules...

I did 32, different times, and they were all training battles...

Oh, and I have the opinion of a member.

[19:21] Ierdar188: That's why I never reffed OHKOs : P
[19:22] Ierdar188: I didn't feel like messing with the legality ********

Someone is going to say, "Well, he's banned... it doesn't matter."
Have you at least read the other thread about OHKO's?
Here it is in case you missed it:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22870
We are aware that they are indeed training fights, but it's still an abuse of them. The reson? PS earned a lot of easy money due to them. Not to mention that certain irregularities in your reffing log seemed fishy, for example, a Larvitar evolving in 7 or 8 fights into a Pupitar instead of five. Plus, some reffing logs were condensated into one post when there were different fights, which is incorrect.
2/3 of the current active mods/co-officials agreed on this punishment. Only Jack can remove this punishment.
Oh, and by the way, mentioning this opinion is not something good on youur favor, Ierdar states it's best not to ref OHKO's, something you did. Specially if you transcribe offensive words, which is against the forum rules.

All-Star
10-07-2006, 01:23 AM
I think you're pushing it.

You would've never said anything if it weren't for the abuse from the summer auction.

Every ref wage, you want to complain about how there is abuse about OHKOs.

And, what about the battles? Are they erased?

boltAge
10-07-2006, 02:24 AM

You would've never said anything if it weren't for the abuse from the summer auction.

So it is okay for you to break rules if someone else haven't already done so?

Stop arguing. NOW. If you can't understand why we're doing this, then go ahead and continue spamming your OHKOs. We'll be glad anyday to permaban you.

edit: Marth is a f*cking official. He doesn't need to complain about this, it's his job to ensure the URPG is fair and balanced for everybody. Don't let me ever see you disrespecting another official again.

akdude
10-07-2006, 04:13 AM
What the hell are you gonna do about it Bolt? Everyone needs to calm down about this and think for a second...

Marth, I do yet don't agree with everyones decision. I agree because if there is proof of abuse of OHKO's, other than training battles, then yes you should take action and take away Chase's wage. But that also means taking away the money and battles the trainers got. Refs shouldn't be the only one's punished. But if there's not proof that these battles weren't for training, then nothing should be done until it's proven. Now I'm not sayin you're in the wrong or anything. Just tossing in my two cents.

And Chase, you do need to calm down and watch yourself. I don't want to see you banned from the forum.

Marth
10-07-2006, 04:25 AM

I've always been against OHKO's, even before the summer auction. Ask anyone, if they asked me to ref a OHKO, I did it once and then stop reffing. I don't ref the same battle over and over again. It's boring, it's cheap, and it's an unfair way of getting easy money.

The summer action was the drop that spilled the water. Too many people abused the imperating system, in which OHKO's were still legal. So our action was to simply ban OHKO's if they weren't for training purposes. But you people kept abusing it.
This is the second time that wages are paid while I'm a moderator, in case you didn't know. The first one, in which a member got 67k in a series of OHKO's, and the ref over 100k, was an absurdily obvious case of OHKO abusing.
That was the last thread's discussion, and we agreed that, even though training OHKO's were legal, we encouraged people not to abuse of them anyway. So I asked YL to inform me the number of OHKO's each ref had per wages.
More than 10 OHKO's represents a case, and each case is taken separately.
We can't just say "X number of OHKO's is ilegal, X-1 is legal"; each case is unique and must be taken in consideration separately.
Your reffing log clearly favors PS in more than half of the OHKO's. And I insist, you have some irregularities which are not legal in a reffing log.

It would be too much of a hassle to delete all the fights, un-evolve the pokémon and take off money from everyone who participated in them. It's a better idea to stimulate the only group that may stop OHKO's - the refs - in a way OHKO's only have place in extremly necessary situations. Where does it hurt more to affect the refs? The pocket.
Finally, a delinquent who robs a store, when caught, not only returns what was taken, but also pays a fine. You do not only not gain the money from OHKO's, but you also substract the same amount from your wages, plus a preventive warning.

Edit: AK, these OHKO's were training OHKO'S. But they were still abused; last time, WTP made more than 100k in wages just from training OHKO's. It's the same as reffing the regular ones. That's the issue now, it's not wheter they are training or not...please read the thread more carefully next time.

akdude
10-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Then there's another solution...

Go ahead and take away Chases money that he made, along with the trainers money and battles. Then, in order to keep it from happening so much, set a limit of training battles. It would help reduce the amount of abuse for the OHKO's. But remember, if you take away from one, you take away from all. It's only fair Marth.

Marth
10-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Then there's another solution...

Go ahead and take away Chases money that he made, along with the trainers money and battles. Then, in order to keep it from happening so much, set a limit of training battles. It would help reduce the amount of abuse for the OHKO's. But remember, if you take away from one, you take away from all. It's only fair Marth.
God, Akdude, you don't really read my posts, do you? Check this from the post before yours:
"We can't just say "X number of OHKO's is ilegal, X-1 is legal"; each case is unique and must be taken in consideration separately."
"It's a better idea to stimulate the only group that may stop OHKO's - the refs - in a way OHKO's only have place in extremly necessary situations. Where does it hurt more to affect the refs? The pocket."
"It would be too much of a hassle to delete all the fi1ghts, un-evolve the pokémon and take off money from everyone who participated in them.
And the most important:
"please read the thread more carefully next time."

boltAge
10-07-2006, 05:43 AM
We're not taking suggestions. Thanks, that'll be all. Marth, you should probably lock this now, there's not much left to say.

akdude
10-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Actually Marth, I read your post. But you have to think of this as an equation. What you do to one side of an equation, you have to do to the other. If the refs are effected, then so should the trainers. Both sides should know not to abuse OHKO battles. Plain and simple. So it's gonna take time to take things away from the trainers, oh well. Both trainers and refs should take punishment for it.

And bolt, you need to keep your mouth shut sometimes. The reason why I'm making this suggestion is so that all is fair and that no one can get away with the abuse of OHKO battles.

Marth
10-07-2006, 05:51 AM
Actually Marth, I read your post. But you have to think of this as an equation. What you do to one side of an equation, you have to do to the other. If the refs are effected, then so should the trainers. Both sides should know not to abuse OHKO battles. Plain and simple. So it's gonna take time to take things away from the trainers, oh well. Both trainers and refs should take punishment for it.

And bolt, you need to keep your mouth shut sometimes. The reason why I'm making this suggestion is so that all is fair and that no one can get away with the abuse of OHKO battles.
Raik, suggestions are welcome as long as they have a solid argument based on proof, we are not dictators.

Ak, if you really read my post, then why did you ignore all my arguments?
I believe that referees have the power and the decition to put a halt to the abusage of OHKO's, not the other way around. It's usually the trainer who looks for OHKO's, not the other way around. Refs who agree to this abusage will encourage the disusage of training OHKO's, and they will even more do so if they get affected due to their fights reffed.

But yes, this thread has served its purpose.