PDA

View Full Version : Tides Of Darkness: Cliff Notes

Espeon Rinage
10-07-2006, 03:37 PM
These may help you continue or understand everything going on in the Roleplay. Me and Neo will Edit it.

Chapter 1 (Post #1-#100)

Rust gets the Thunder Kanata and Zapdos attacks. (Shinou)

Chapter 2 (Post #100-#200)

Rust destroys the boots of death (Shinou)
Sent has the Fire Lance (Kanto)

If you have any information that you think could be vital to the RP, please PM it me or post it here.

Wario
10-07-2006, 04:09 PM
don't forget to add all of the rocket activities. This could be helpful.

Lord Celebi
10-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I thought Neo was the one who was going to start the Cliff Notes...

Anyways, cool...

Sent Reglay
10-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I feel ignored:sad: does me attempting to get the Lance mean anything?

Neo Emolga
10-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Okay, first off, I didn't expect this to be up so soon.

Second, it's not going to be updated like every hour. Give it some time, this is mostly intended to help people catch up. Right now, it's possible to catch up just from reading the posts in the RP. Its when there's over something like 30 pages does it become a necessity to start writing this up because it would be incredibly hard to read every one of those 30 pages and so on.

And lastly, don't be surprised if I end up using some of your posts to write it up. I had to do that to quite a few of them with the War RP.

Wario
10-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I did figure this was a bit early. We can wait, it's not to help us anyways.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Can I ask why rust already has something? None of his posts have been long enough to even scrach the surface. I could fit 3 of any of his posts and it would only fill 1 page in Word.

Doesn't matter if you post 5 times or 100 times. That's pathetic.

Barret
10-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Can I ask why rust already has something? None of his posts have been long enough to even scrach the surface. I could fit 3 of any of his posts and it would only fill 1 page in Word.

:o. He actually has two relics now. :/

Lord Celebi
10-08-2006, 03:37 AM

O RLY? I find it funny that you're ripping on me, who's shaping up to be one of the best RPers in the ToD RP, and not someone like gonzap or Sent Reglay.

Dr Scott
10-08-2006, 03:43 AM
First off, don't rag on Rust out of the blue, he is an okay RPer. And don't whine when you haven't even RPed yet...

Second off, Rust you're not gods gift to RPing so stop thinking that, "shaping up to be one of the best rpers" is a bold statement, which I would like to argue. But I won't. Because it would be pointless to argue with someone when you know you'll never get your point across.

Third off, it doesn't really matter that he has two relics, it just means that he went way too quick and if it was up to me he'd only have one, because two a day is pushing it, no matter how he says "Oh, I deserve them for being a great RPer"

Rust, you're OK, an I have nothing against you as a person, but don't be going on and on about how great you are ...

Poltergeist
10-08-2006, 03:48 AM
Wow this will these cliff notes will be handy!:happy: Wish I had them though when I had to skim through the first seven pages of the RP.

Lord Celebi
10-08-2006, 04:00 AM
First off, don't rag on Rust out of the blue, he is an okay RPer. And don't whine when you haven't even RPed yet...

Second off, Rust you're not gods gift to RPing so stop thinking that, "shaping up to be one of the best rpers" is a bold statement, which I would like to argue. But I won't. Because it would be pointless to argue with someone when you know you'll never get your point across.

Third off, it doesn't really matter that he has two relics, it just means that he went way too quick and if it was up to me he'd only have one, because two a day is pushing it, no matter how he says "Oh, I deserve them for being a great RPer"

Rust, you're OK, an I have nothing against you as a person, but don't be going on and on about how great you are ...

I was just comparing myself to gonzap and Sent :P

You're a good RPer too...

Kenny_C.002
10-08-2006, 04:02 AM
You have to admit that he got much better than from a year or so ago. Dear lord was he terrible...

Just don't make Tiantus superhuman again. :P

Dr Scott
10-08-2006, 04:04 AM
Aw, I'm sure that given the chance good'll Sent and Gone-Zapped can get better, but comparing anyone to them ... they're trying, which is a great thing.

I think that the best RPer here is ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Little Leprechaun.

Wario
10-08-2006, 12:45 PM
I realize I'm terrible rust, I've almost never rped before! And never have I on this forum! I assure you, I am a quick learner. When I started spriting i was terrible, but in a few weeks I was considered a great spriter on this forum.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Actully I can rip on him because it says at the begining of the role play:

Excellent, creative, and detailed RPing is necessary to get your hands on one of these artifacts.

So far he hasn't done any of those espesally the detailed part. His posts would be a lot longer if they were.

Lord Celebi
10-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Actully I can rip on him because it says at the begining of the role play:

Excellent, creative, and detailed RPing is necessary to get your hands on one of these artifacts.

So far he hasn't done any of those espesally the detailed part. His posts would be a lot longer if they were.

And yet, Sent Reglay has the Fire Lance, and no complaints are coming out of you...

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 03:44 PM
That's becuase he doesn't feel the need to own everything like you do.

Wario
10-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I may have short, stubby post, but I'm posting a lot of them./ I have 23 post so far and not 1 relic.

Espeon Rinage
10-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Also to get the relics you must try hard and exceed to the best of your ability, Gonzap and Sent are improving, and they are working hard, so give them a break.

Rust and shane, stop fighting, there is no point, rust may not be the most detailed person, but he has good plot ideas, which make his posts intresting. He deserves atleast one relic, with the combind effort of Aqua that is.

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Doesn't matter how many times you post it's how well you post.

1 person could have 50 posts and the other could have 10. If the person with 10 posts were long, thought out and detailed they'll get whatever it is before the person with 50 posts.

People need to stop think that just because they post so much they can get something. No it doesn't work that way.

Poltergeist
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Probably adding what artifact each team is currently going for would also be a great idea to add to the notes.

Dr Scott
10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
*Cries* Does no one pay attention to poor Delta Green? I have destroyed Mew's bow, if someone would be kind enough to put that up =P.

And I do agree with ER ish, Rust should at least have one. I think that he should be able to keep the Katana. However, I don't think that he did good enough to get the Boots of Death. He just went right from getting the Katana to going after the Boots of Death really quickly, and I looked a bit at his posts and I don't think they were good enough to get the Boots of Death ... So while I doubt anyone will actually take the Boots of Death away from Rust, I'd ask that someone please at least look into it a bit, so people don't get complacent on what they think they need to post for the Relics.

Finch
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
ER's notes are lame. They tell you what's happened (and IMO shouldn't have) but not what's happening. Someone sort it out. Either him or Neo, obviously.

Quality vs Quantity? Come on. Shane and the sane world ftw.

Neo Emolga
10-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I agree, ER's notes aren't that great. Plus, I kind of like the setup I had before.

However, I need serious help. Under this insane amount of activity, Cliff Notes would be useless. By the times they're updated, in 24 hours, they would become useless again. They're too perishable, however, its because of my silly mistake of throwing 33 people in one RP. XP

However, I need a solution... and fast. Again, like I said in the other thread, I was thinking of creating a series of three RPs to thin out the activity, but they all get judged for the campaign in the same way. Meanwhile, all of their storylines will be different. And to ensure that activity is thinned out a little, everyone will only be able to take part in a max of 2 out of 3 of the RPs.

Please tell me if you think this is a valid idea. Don't worry about me not being able to make decent storylines for two other RPs, I can crank those out pretty quickly. However, it would require... *gulp* everyone starting over. Taking part in more than one RP would be tough, so activity would be thinned out a little and it would be spread out further. However, that would give me a whopping three RPs to judge, which would be work, no doubt. Also, this would clear up things between people already having relics so early in the RP.

Oh man... never did I think over activity would be a problem... :oops:

Lord Celebi
10-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree, ER's notes aren't that great. Plus, I kind of like the setup I had before.

However, I need serious help. Under this insane amount of activity, Cliff Notes would be useless. By the times they're updated, in 24 hours, they would become useless again. They're too perishable, however, its because of my silly mistake of throwing 33 people in one RP. XP

However, I need a solution... and fast. Again, like I said in the other thread, I was thinking of creating a series of three RPs to thin out the activity, but they all get judged for the campaign in the same way. Meanwhile, all of their storylines will be different. And to ensure that activity is thinned out a little, everyone will only be able to take part in a max of 2 out of 3 of the RPs.

Please tell me if you think this is a valid idea. Don't worry about me not being able to make decent storylines for two other RPs, I can crank those out pretty quickly. However, it would require... *gulp* everyone starting over. Taking part in more than one RP would be tough, so activity would be thinned out a little and it would be spread out further. However, that would give me a whopping three RPs to judge, which would be work, no doubt. Also, this would clear up things between people already having relics so early in the RP.

Oh man... never did I think over activity would be a problem... :oops:
You should be glad you didn't see the WAR Season 1 RP. I'm serious, there was a new page EVERY MINUTE. I went away for a weekend, and when I got back, there were 100 MORE PAGES... and I caught up fine :P

We're fine compared that. Just wait a little bit and the activity will die out. Until then, If you give me my own thread (:P) I'll write up the Cliff Notes for you, because I have time coming out of my wazoo...

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Would we beable to use the same character only with tweaks to fit the next role play?

Kenny_C.002
10-08-2006, 10:00 PM
You should be glad you didn't see the WAR Season 1 RP. I'm serious, there was a new page EVERY MINUTE. I went away for a weekend, and when I got back, there were 100 MORE PAGES... and I caught up fine :P

We're fine compared that. Just wait a little bit and the activity will die out. Until then, If you give me my own thread (:P) I'll write up the Cliff Notes for you, because I have time coming out of my wazoo...
You can just PM Neo so he can post here. I seriously think there shouldn't be more than 1 cliff notes.

And War 1 was indeed insane. -.-

Caite-chan
10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
It wasn't that insane. It was becuase everyone kept switching teams.

Finch
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Would we beable to use the same character only with tweaks to fit the next role play?
Sure, that's what rusty did.

Neo, just have the RP between the team leaders and co-leaders and tell everyone else to STFU!!!11

Kidding...

Neo Emolga
10-08-2006, 10:10 PM
You can just PM Neo so he can post here. I seriously think there shouldn't be more than 1 cliff notes.

And War 1 was indeed insane. -.-

Well, if that managed to live, maybe we'll be okay. I remember War Season 5's RP started insane as well.

I might have to throw a few new rules down with the relics though. Its getting to the point of being too much...

Alright, I'll give this another shot. But for now, these notes need to go, since I'm not too fond of the way they're set up, and I'd rather handle this kind of thing myself when I both have the break time and the energy to do them.

Sorry ER, I appreciate your good intentions, but just let me take care of this. I need things to settle down a bit before plugging into this thing.

*Unsticky