PDA

View Full Version : Friend Rescuing: When you type in your code

AshMistyMayfan
10-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Please note that the codes are 18 characters long. Otherwords:

R 1 ? ? S Y R Y 1 + 3 ? ? ? ! 2 7 ? K=18 characters
But if you go:
? R ? ? ? ? S 7 ? M ? 8 Y J H ?=16 characters.

What are the other 2 characters? Was it the (m)ale, (f)emale, (...)? See, when you don't fully complete the code in its entirity, it leads to confusion. You must include other symbols and type the entire code without mistake.

Could this be a sticky? People need to know when you type in the code to remember each line is 18 characters long, and the 3 lines add to 54 characters. Putting in 50 characters will not make the code work at all.

tyr888
10-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Please note that the codes are 18 characters long. Otherwords:

R 1 ? ? S Y R Y 1 + 3 ? ? ? ! 2 7 ? K=18 characters
But if you go:
? R ? ? ? ? S 7 ? M ? 8 Y J H ?=16 characters.

What are the other 2 characters? Was it the (m)ale, (f)emale, (...)? See, when you don't fully complete the code in its entirity, it leads to confusion. You must include other symbols and type the entire code without mistake.

Could this be a sticky? People need to know when you type in the code to remember each line is 18 characters long, and the 3 lines add to 54 characters. Putting in 50 characters will not make the code work at all.
i've had a few people ask me for rescues, and totally skip a sequence of 4 digits every now and again.

i can't say that i understand the thinking behind this.

yes, i understand some people might not know which symbol is the male symbol, and the female symbol. but someone that plays this game should already know what they are. not just because of nidoran, but because if you don't breed, you haven't really played the game to it's full extent

i'm rather curious about the coding itself. like if you can find a pattern and eventually look at your rescue code, right it down, and guess an A-ok mail. well, obviously it would not be a guess, if you broke the code. wouldn't it then also be possible to receive a thank you mail that was never written, that has an item attached that doesn't exist?

surely, if i died in my blue version, and wrote down the code, filling in 'saved by' info from my red game's id-tags, i could claim that my ... oh, heh, nevermind, you can't get a thankyou if you dont' really rescue..