PDA

View Full Version : Early Release?

.AzureLight
10-09-2006, 02:11 PM
I doubt that this will happen, but I'll give it a shot.

Anyone seen Serebii lately? More specifically, their D/P dex? Well, guess what. They have everything on the new Pokemon. All the level up moves with level, even Max Stats... which got me thinking, why wait until spring to release the new Pokemon in the URPG, since we have the opportunity to do so now. :ermm:

boltAge
10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
The discussion is already happening in the URPG Related Chat thread. Reasons:

1) We don't have the official English names of moves and Pokemon. We're not going to make do with less than perfect.

2) Formulas have probably changed, there are rumours of change in critical ratio and all. They're not certain yet, but you can be sure there'd be a few changes here and there.

3) The URPG isn't nearly active enough for D/P to be implemented. Having an active URPG should be the prerequisite to the implementation of D/P, not the other way round.

4) Some people don't want to be spoilt about D/P before it is out in English.

I don't really think this is a necessary debate since it's really just uncompromising opinions of both sides. Do consider our stand before debating further.

.AzureLight
10-09-2006, 02:26 PM
You have a good point... Meh, like I said, I doubt it'll happen. I just can't wait until spring. X_x

Haunted Cereal Box
10-09-2006, 04:44 PM
how did serebii get ahold of all the pokemon and there moves and stats so early?

DarkGardevoir
10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
how did serebii get ahold of all the pokemon and there moves and stats so early?

because it has a lot of user that know japanese, and translated it for them.

Espeon Rinage
10-09-2006, 05:23 PM

Joe actully has the game...

boltAge
10-09-2006, 05:26 PM
A lot of people do. Emulation, import, etc.

serebii probably didn't translate everything they have though.

Seawolf
10-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I go to Psypokes, and a lot of the new moves and TMs there were listed as 'unknown'.

.AzureLight
10-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Coronis, Serebii's second man, knows Japanese. :ermm:

Jack of Clovers
10-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Is it really so hard to wait for the official US version? :tongue:

~Jack~

.AzureLight
10-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Is it really so hard to wait for the official US version? :tongue:

~Jack~

Yeah, it is. :ermm:

It shouldn't have to take 5 months to translate a game. :susp:

DarkGardevoir
10-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah, it is. :ermm:

It shouldn't have to take 5 months to translate a game. :susp:

well at least you only have to wait until spring, to have a chance of buying it.

I'm italian, how much do you think they'll wait to translate it and import it there [/whining]

SiberianTiger
10-10-2006, 05:05 PM
It's probably a good idea to wait a least a bit longer, and you know a lot of people here seem to hate Serebii, which is ironic cause you all use it for info.

~Isaiah

.AzureLight
10-10-2006, 11:30 PM
It's probably a good idea to wait a least a bit longer, and you know a lot of people here seem to hate Serebii, which is ironic cause you all use it for info.

~Isaiah
I hate the community (forum). The site is great.

Anyways, since no one supports my case, lock this unless someone wants to keep it open. :rolleyes:

Enishi
10-10-2006, 11:44 PM
It's not the translating that takes long. It's the reviewing and checking. Sometimes they think of new ideas to add to it.

Radrei
10-11-2006, 12:06 AM
I hate the community (forum). The site is great.

Anyways, since no one supports my case, lock this unless someone wants to keep it open. :rolleyes:
Do you want another "All your base are belong to us" translation job?

DarkGardevoir
10-11-2006, 03:50 PM
It's not the translating that takes long. It's the reviewing and checking. Sometimes they think of new ideas to add to it.

yeah, and mostly they don't add them. Or just cut some things aviable in the japanese version.

AmericanTreeFrog
10-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I agree that it should wait before it comes to the urpg, to work out all the bugs and I can't wait to get in the spring:smile: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

akdude
10-11-2006, 06:41 PM
They really need to stop that. I think they should just translate the games and send them out without taking anything out of the origional games.

SiberianTiger
10-11-2006, 06:43 PM
It would be nice, but don't count on it, I buying both games, don't have anything else to waste it on:tongue:

~Isaiah

Magare
10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
lock this

Your wish is my command :biggrin: