PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to keep your partner from attacking you?

Jenjiferz
10-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Whenever I have Venasaur (the leader for the first half of the game) as a partner instead of a leader, it kills off any other partners, as well as the leader. Why is it doing this? Is there any way to prevent it from doing this? It's quite annoying. Thanks for any help in advance.

GrassMaster714
10-11-2006, 07:32 PM
theres something on the IQ that can stop it from doing that

tyr888
10-11-2006, 07:37 PM
is your venusaur getting confused that much? the IQ skill is called 'nontraitor' and i think it comes in around four stars

course... it could also have jealousy issues...

GrassMaster714
10-11-2006, 07:48 PM
its not at four stars because I'm at three and I have it

Ridley
10-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Yes, it's at about 3 stars because I learned it at 3.

Jenjiferz
10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
He's not getting confused. If he isn't in front, and there is a pokemon that I (the leader) am trying to attack, it will use vine whip or razor leaf ON ME. It does the same if it's stuck between another partner and an enemy. I have no idea why.

tyr888
10-12-2006, 12:04 AM
He's not getting confused. If he isn't in front, and there is a pokemon that I (the leader) am trying to attack, it will use vine whip or razor leaf ON ME. It does the same if it's stuck between another partner and an enemy. I have no idea why.
IQ > Course Checker?

that skill looks to see if there are walls or friendly pokemon in the way before attacking

Hoshika
10-12-2006, 12:40 AM
You could give him Graverocks as a Razor Leaf replacement. XD

Maybe you could try and use Protect, Dive, Dig, etc. to dodge the attack. You can ensure your Venusaur will use Razor Leaf by switching all other attacks off. It works, I tried to use it on my Torchic's Flamethrower attack.

Note: Quick Attack NEVER hits an ally.

AshMistyMayfan
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Whenever I have Venasaur (the leader for the first half of the game) as a partner instead of a leader, it kills off any other partners, as well as the leader. Why is it doing this? Is there any way to prevent it from doing this? It's quite annoying. Thanks for any help in advance.

Even though this probably has been answered, here is what I did for my partner Pokemon:

Meganium, partner to Raichu
IQ Skills checked off, those are the ones with *
Item Catcher
Course Checker
QUick Dodger
PP Checker
Nontraitor: * If it becomes confused or is cowering, the Pokemon's wildly thrown attacks WILL NOT HIT FRIENDS
Trap Avoider
Energy Saver
Dedicated Traveler: (That one MIGHT also be the one that stops it from taking out your partner. THe Pokemon will focus on traveling. It will use moves and items less often.)
Item Master: THe Pokemon will use or throw its hold item. Otherwords, if your HP is low, you're hungry, or got poisoned or burnt and your partner Pokemon had the particular ailment you need in oran, apple, or a healing seed, it will toss it to help the partner.

Hope this helps on your journey.