PDA

View Full Version : Wurmple Evolution: How does it work on Dungeon?

AshMistyMayfan
10-14-2006, 05:47 AM
I know the evolution of Wurmple was 'Random' on RSE, as in morning was Silcoon/Beautifly, nighttime was Cascoon/Dustox (something like that I hope). I recruited 2 Wurmple, how can I evolve one to Silcoon and the other to Cascoon? I don't want to mess up on the timing so how does it work on Dungeon? Please explain if you can, I'm confused.:confused: I haven't noticed any type of a 'clock' on Dungeon, so how do I get a Silcoon/Cascoon?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
10-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Well, in RSE, Wurmple's evolution was not based on day/night but on a special "personality value" that would predetermine what the Wurmple would be if it evolved.

I'm not sure if it's the same in Mystery Dungeon... maybe you could save and then evolve it and see what happens and if it doesn't work out how you want, restart? But if it is the same as RSE, then it's evolution path will be predetermined and it will always evolve into that particular Pokemon no matter what time or anything you evolve it.

tyr888
10-14-2006, 09:38 PM
as has already been stated, wurmple's evolution has nothing to do with time caught, time evolved, anything. it's easier to think of it as... the wurmple that evolves into cascoon - a separate pokemon than the wurmple that evolves into silcoon. but since they look the same, and have the same number and whatnot, there's no physical way to tell, under normal circumstance, which wurmple you have.

it's actually exactly the same in dungeon. just recruit a few, and use the escape orb to get outta there, if you're so desperate to have both. myself? i'm a completist. i'll have one of everything.