PDA

View Full Version : best ssbm character

ghost hunter
10-14-2006, 04:34 PM
who in ur opinion(not who ur best with) but who do u think if every character had a tournement who would win?
(zelda and sheik are considerd different characters)

i would think either sheik or roy

Kenny
10-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Tournaments in Melee randomly select the winners, but I think Roy is the best character.

Nirvash
10-14-2006, 04:59 PM
who in ur opinion(not who ur best with) but who do u think if every character had a tournement who would win?
(zelda and sheik are considerd different characters)

i would think either sheik or roy
I've beaten every character with Jigglypuff, so it'd depends on the player. :tongue:

Ridley
10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Since the winners in a tournament are randomly decided, I can't truthfully answer it.
But Ganondorf seems to be tougher than the other characters at the same skill level.

okothnuva
10-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Fox, it's won all of the SSBM tournaments at my school, but it takes a hell of a lot of time to master.

Kenny_C.002
10-16-2006, 06:41 AM
If you're saying if everything else is equated, and we're just talking about the sheer power of the characters at their maximum proficiency, it will be Marth, Fox and Shiek in top 3. Most likely Fox will win at maximum proficiency (which btw is impossible).

Jiggs is sadly countered by all of the top tier. :-/
Roy can't get off the ground against Falco. Marth out hits Roy.

Neo Emolga
10-16-2006, 05:20 PM
It's a shame you can't take off hazards in SSBM, like making the cars stop coming in Onett or shutting off the giant Bullet Bills that come on the Princess Peach castle. Of course, this would be in addition to totally shutting off items. That way, you could get a pure display of skill rather than worry about bad luck.

I also find it depressing that it still takes Pikachu a long time to recover after using Quick Attack, because if that recovery time was faster, he would seriously kill everyone on the field with the unpredictablilty of that move in the hands of a resourceful and expert player. If they fix that in Brawl, boy am I going to have fun.

As it stands, Fox and Roy are two of the best. I don't know about Shiek though, many of the moves feel like they don't do enough damage and knockback to really be a exceptional character to use. I will say one thing. Zelda in her normal form is horribly slow and weak.

Sixto
10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
It's a shame you can't take off hazards in SSBM, like making the cars stop coming in Onett or shutting off the giant Bullet Bills that come on the Princess Peach castle. Of course, this would be in addition to totally shutting off items. That way, you could get a pure display of skill rather than worry about bad luck.

I also find it depressing that it still takes Pikachu a long time to recover after using Quick Attack, because if that recovery time was faster, he would seriously kill everyone on the field with the unpredictablilty of that move in the hands of a resourceful and expert player. If they fix that in Brawl, boy am I going to have fun.

As it stands, Fox and Roy are two of the best. I don't know about Shiek though, many of the moves feel like they don't do enough damage and knockback to really be a exceptional character to use. I will say one thing. Zelda in her normal form is horribly slow and weak.
My favorite character is Pikachu and that's the only thing I don't like about him.

Please Brawl people, fix this.

Fire Bird
10-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Best SSBM character for me is Falco. I beat my cousin everytime with Falco and he plays more than me.:biggrin:

filip24681
10-18-2006, 12:52 AM
pichu all the way!!!!

first u get them into the air then u thrust up and A then thunder it'll be over if there in there 70s+

Lifetimeban
10-18-2006, 03:55 AM
I like (Adult) Link and Marth the best. Strong and agile.

Dark Charizard
10-18-2006, 05:27 AM
One word. Falco

Kenny_C.002
10-18-2006, 01:36 PM

Roy's too slow, and still can't outhit Marth. :-/

Shiek's painfully fast, and has some of the highest knockbacks around...

Dark Charizard
10-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Roy's too slow, and still can't outhit Marth. :-/

Shiek's painfully fast, and has some of the highest knockbacks around...

Roy isn't that slow, I like his moves better than marth though...
Shiek is very fast isn't she the second fastest person in the game? :oops:

Ridley
10-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Roy isn't that

Captain Falcon is the fastest, and Fox is the 2nd fastest.
I don't know who else is what, other than that I think Ganondorf was the slowest :P

Dark Charizard
10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Fox is faster then Shiek?

Ridley
10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Fox is faster then Shiek?
Yes, Fox is faster than Shiek.

Kenny_C.002
10-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Roy isn't that slow, I like his moves better than marth though...

The problem with Roy is than he is sufficiently slow enough for high tiers to really hurt him...Still, thedude is cool. :P

Yes, Fox is faster than Shiek.

Fox is faster than Shiek, yes. The only reason why Fox isn't as "powerful" as Shiek is because it's painfully hard to use him at max efficency. 2 second-10 shines are wayyyyyyyy too hard to do...same ith shine "slides"

SunshineWingull
10-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Price Marth... he us fun to make people miss all the time when you do backflips, kill 'em once, and dodge, dodge, dodge the rest of th battle... :cool:

Kenny_C.002
10-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Price Marth... he us fun to make people miss all the time when you do backflips, kill 'em once, and dodge, dodge, dodge the rest of th battle... :cool:
Why dodge when he's fast enough to COMBO from whatever he started to attack with? XD You know, you kinda can't just dodge in stock. :P

Dark Charizard
10-19-2006, 06:29 AM
The problem with Roy is than he is sufficiently slow enough for high tiers to really hurt him...Still, thedude is cool. :P

Fox is faster than Shiek, yes. The only reason why Fox isn't as "powerful" as Shiek is because it's painfully hard to use him at max efficency. 2 second-10 shines are wayyyyyyyy too hard to do...same ith shine "slides"

Roy is a good player, so is Marth. They both have advanteges and weakneses. But overall I'd ray Marth is a little better.

Kenny_C.002
10-19-2006, 07:03 AM
That's the problem. Marth's only weakness is the lack of projectiles, which is hardly a weakness when you can just run up to them and let your disjuncted hitbox do the talking.

It's very unfortunate that Marth and Roy have such a large gap between them (top 3 vs. Middle tier) though. I would have really liked to see Roy get a bit more beef or speed somewhere, or a better WD at least, so he can combo better.

Alexia_
10-24-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm best with Zelda/Sheik

TehD00de
10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
That's the problem. Marth's only weakness is the lack of projectiles, which is hardly a weakness when you can just run up to them and let your disjuncted hitbox do the talking.

It's very unfortunate that Marth and Roy have such a large gap between them (top 3 vs. Middle tier) though. I would have really liked to see Roy get a bit more beef or speed somewhere, or a better WD at least, so he can combo better.
I think lack of projectiles is a good thing because projectiles are lame and most of them can be parried / destroyed with Marth and Roy's neutral A on the ground (or ANY of their attacks for that matter... neutral A is just the easiest to time), so just sit back and laugh as Samus shoots her missiles (hi loser), same goes with Mario, Doc, Link's toys, etc. Only things that can't be deflected are Fox / Falco's lasers, a full charged beam shot from Samus, or Mewtwo's shadow ball.

Yeah... and Roy's great at combo'ing. He (unlike Marth, the cheap *insert whatever you want*) requires that L-canceling in order to make it work otherwise he's too slow like you said... I like his short altitude juggling way more than Marth's cuz Marth's sweet spot doesn't serve you well for racqing up %, you're just getting in a whole bunch of failing killing strokes. Roy's throws are also easier to get in free damage and are easy to chase shuffling because he doesn't get screwed up wave-dashing since he's not a slippery character kindof like Marth is.

Basically play the same as Marth (try to get tippers), and the damage gets in... only he doesn't fly anywhere and he's basically trapped and stunned. Then obviously his side-smash is way easier to sweet spot than Marth's.

Roy just takes more practice than Marth, but I think he should definitely be a top tier character, if not the best character in the game thanks to his counter capability.

Go to youtube and look up "Marquess of Pherae", he's a great Roy player. But my favorite Roy match is Neo; especially in "Neo (roy) vs Husband (Marth)". Marth gets molested so badly. Neo is also tied for my favorite Marth player too.

PS
I play as red Marth (Kenshin Himura wanna-be, sue me) and default Roy (Roy wanna-be... works out)
and Fox is gay! don't play as him! no matter what kind of wiers junk you see from DBR and their Zelgadis! play as Link instead! The Germ won against Zelgadis!

Peace / out

Shiek's a scary B and her down throw is so easy to chain grab with. I hate playing as her though because I make good use of wave dashing and short hopping. Shiek can't really do either of them that well.

Mario's good because he can spike, and still has the side-B to turn around enemies after they've used their up-B when getting back on the stage. Also doesn't fall as fast as Doc so he's easier to recover with.

Ganondorf = C Falcon... meh, my biorhythm changes to favor between them, but right now I'm stuck on Falcon. His back-A air spam is too much fun. Also probably the easiest character to spike with.

Pichu anyone? huhuhuhuhuahahahahaha my Pichu rocks. Don't like Pikachu that much though... can't figure out why; probably cuz it's too hard to land a killing blow once you've done the damage. Pichu kills just fine though. *btw what's wrong with Mewtwo? he's just not good at anything*

Falco > Fox. Easier to control, going 00ber pro means serious brain damage to anyone who faces you because his main damage racqing move is also good for killing (grab, down throw - shine, jump - spike - fast fall - L cancel, up tilt, jump - spike, etc... when he's at the % you desire, either spike kill him, or just pile-drive with a side smash spam). Fox can do plenty of wierd stuff too, but he requires computer-like reflexes or a game shark... or a level like the match "Zelgadis (fox) vs Eddie (Ganondorf)"... that and if it gets interrupted it doesn't do practically ANY damage next to Falco's.

Bowser > DK... yeah the powerhouses. Bowser's really hard to fight against even for how slow he is (I don't care how fast you are... his up-B breaks any combo), as long as the Bowser is smart, he like never dies... and his moves have good enough knockback to beat the eventaully. Want more on DK? go on youtube and watch Captain Jack's DK; Best DK in the world (or at least my favorite lol)

GASP Kirby has the eat - walk off the edge combo!

I think it all depends on the player's style... if his / her inspiration is deep enough they can stick to anything. Mine happens to be Kenshin Himura so I play as Marth, and I got a good Roy thanks to training up my buddy Richard (he's like the best Roy player I know, easily passed up my Roy in no time)

PS
Fox is gay! stop playing as him! Bombsoldier > Isai

Peace / out

Kenny_C.002
10-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Bombsoldier's a machine, man. That guy pillars like it's nothing. And yes, Falco is better for most people simply because Fox is too hard to use at max efficiency, even if he is uber good (which is exactly why people don't diss the Fox player when he wins, unlike them Shiek players. lol).

G-Blaze
10-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Bombsoldier's a machine, man. That guy pillars like it's nothing. And yes, Falco is better for most people simply because Fox is too hard to use at max efficiency, even if he is uber good (which is exactly why people don't diss the Fox player when he wins, unlike them Shiek players. lol).
Personally, my favourite is Captain Falco, cuz of his strength. That's where I focus on to pick a good character.

Dr Scott
10-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Well, I don't know all the smart stuff that you've been saying, but my favorites are Luigi (Love his up-B fire coin jump thing, it's a personal thing. I've even nicknamed it!), Roy (Just think he looks less ... womanly then Marth), and Jigglypuff (Okay, you might say this is stupid ... but the woman's a powerhouse!). Now, I believe it's all about the person who is using them, if there's a tourney or something I'm sure it matters, but I've been fine with whooping everything with these characters down these parts!

Lord Celebi
10-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Personally, I prefer Samus with a nice blue colored armor, but I've been owned several time on her. From what I've heard and seen, Sheik is one of the best characters, with her speed and attack power, although my friend has p0wned just about everyone I know on Fox.

I vote for Sheik :P

TehD00de
10-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Personally, I prefer Samus with a nice blue colored armor, but I've been owned several time on her. From what I've heard and seen, Sheik is one of the best characters, with her speed and attack power, although my friend has p0wned just about everyone I know on Fox.

I vote for Sheik :P
Samus can actually be really scary if you know how to manipulate his down+B bombs. And wall-jumping missiles? NO! just, NO! it's so scary to go up against

(and when I say scary, I mean it's like really really good lol)

Kenny_C.002
10-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Samus can actually be really scary if you know how to manipulate his down+B bombs. And wall-jumping missiles? NO! just, NO! it's so scary to go up against

(and when I say scary, I mean it's like really really good lol)
Yeah Samus's bomb-jumping has insane recovery. She's really good at max efficiency, that's for sure.

Espeon EX
11-03-2006, 12:53 AM
The character i like is pikachu because i mastered all of its moves and gotten real good.
The fastest character is captain falcon.

bigbadblaziken
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
my best was roy because i alyas murdered comps and friends with him and sometimes they would say i cant use him so i would use my 2nd fav gandalf which i still kicked their butts

LittleBuster
11-04-2006, 12:16 AM
My Best would be Dr. Mario (needs to be in his black suit for me though) and Samus.

Best humanly possible characters are Shiek and Fox with the best character overall being Fox. (Proven)

Calypso
11-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Best player is jigglypuff and kirby :tongue:

Ridley
11-08-2006, 08:34 PM
my best was roy because i alyas murdered comps and friends with him and sometimes they would say i cant use him so i would use my 2nd fav gandalf which i still kicked their butts
Nintendo is copyright infringing Lord of the Rings! :0
Samus can actually be really scary if you know how to manipulate his down+B bombs.
omg

G-Blaze
11-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Nintendo is copyright infringing Lord of the Rings! :0

omg
Why the 'omg'? Anyway, I love to use Captian Falcon and Roy, awesome skills.

Ridley
11-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Why the 'omg'? Anyway, I love to use Captian Falcon and Roy, awesome skills.
The omg because Tehd00de called Samus a he.

Kenny_C.002
11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Last time I checked, Samus has breasts when "he" got out of that suit. :P

Shen
11-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Lol. Wow...maybe Tehd00de hasn't ever seen Samus get out of her suit...

Anyway, I believe Shiek and Marth are the best chars. I held a few "Tournaments" at my friends house (I no have a Gamecube...), and most often, we found Shiek and Marth making it to the final round. Also, they got kick-ass moves.

gun6
11-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Jigglypuff is obviously the best character there. (Yes, I know it's not true. She's not effective against much, but she is hard to combo, has excellent aerials, and cannot be chain grabbed. Except for that one thing with Jigglypuff at 70% and Marth, I think.)

Judgement
11-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Mewtwo is a good character. Marth is a great character. Sheik is the most broken character of all.

SteelArson
11-11-2006, 06:19 PM
it shouldn't realy matter about the random winner gen or the char youre best with its about who would win a torney,

i think mr. game and watch because i hate him and hes rly hard to beat at lvl 9

also the chars that wouldn't win would be bowzer, ness and pichu because they're not very good as CPUs

Kenny_C.002
11-12-2006, 12:30 AM
it shouldn't realy matter about the random winner gen or the char youre best with its about who would win a torney,

i think mr. game and watch because i hate him and hes rly hard to beat at lvl 9

also the chars that wouldn't win would be bowzer, ness and pichu because they're not very good as CPUs
Yeah. About that. The comps have different thresholds on proficiencies on the characters (aside from the insane power-shielding power they all seem to have), with probably CPU Kirby being the dumbest. lol Either way, since the comp isn't having Fox as the most proificent character, we can safely say that it's inaccurate at best.

Top three are indeed Fox, Marth, and Shiek, with Fox being the absolute best character (also the HARDEST to control at max proficiency). And shiek being the easiest to control of the three. Stupid nub's choice. -.-