PDA

View Full Version : How much are we worth?

Steven
06-15-2004, 09:04 AM
I read that the human body and it's elements are worth about $4.50
The cost of war is death
You can be put to death from a crime
you are supposedly priceless
everyone dies in the long run
if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound

Think about it, what do you think?

Ierdar
06-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Alls I have to say is...

What....the....fu..hell O_o

btw:

if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound <---that ones been answered. =P YES! XD *aruged this somewhere for about a half an hour to an hour* I think it was with Shroomish or mLugia O_o

Max
06-15-2004, 03:32 PM
wow

only $4.50

um a bargain! :biggrin:

akdude
06-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Actually, the amout for a human is pricesless, depending on if they have a soul or not.

Tamer San
06-15-2004, 07:27 PM
LMAO...we worth 4.50$...LMAO!!! :crackup:

Well for me a human worth's his own good deeds and works. A good human is worthless and a bad human worth's a pile of dirt :shifty:

Neo Emolga
06-15-2004, 10:09 PM
There cannot be a price tag on a living, breathing person. Everyone has their own desires, dreams, experiences and hopes, as well as the ones who are close and dear to them. The value of a human life is undoubtably priceless, and to take that precious life away is the worst kind of mortal sin.

However, there comes a time that when a human has commited so many vile acts, keeping them alive is only going to be detrimental to the well-being of the lawful society.

mlugia
06-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Humans are pack animals, essentially, although I believe much of our soul lean more towards the lone wolf of the pack. We desire to be close to others, yet we're always afraid to get too close, for fear of getting hurt and stuff. (NGE: hedgehog's dilema)

Anyways, I believe that while our physical content can be measured, our mental depth is deeper than anything our brain is capable of thinking of. We can put a price tag on our body, but our soul, how much is it worth?

The answer is zero.

To be worth something, it has to be a transferrable good, something that you can actually get rid of for a certain amount. Gold would be worthless if there's no buyer. The computer is worthless if no one wants it.

And nobody can have your soul.

That is why, despite the richness, the uniqueness, and the mysteriousness of the human soul, it's worth diddly squat.

Think about it.

Lightning
06-15-2004, 10:26 PM
Some people are worth more to others than they are to someone. In example:
Let's say someone has a wife, and someone else hates that person's wife. Well, the person that hates the wife might say she is worth about $.50 or something, but the wife's husband might say she is worth $1,000,000,000, or something like that, so it all matters on who is talking about who. But as Neo Pikachu said, no matter how much someone thinks someone else is worth, they should never kill them, or, I'm going to add, worship the mortal human. But someone else might disabree with my views then depending on their religion.

Kenny_C.002
06-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Technically speaking, the question of "how much are you worth?" can be taken in two different ways.

Anyway, as mlugia said, the human mind is not transferrable good, thus it cannot be "sold" and therefore have no price (aka 0 dollars).

Either way, how much DOES it cost you before you will do anything? Pain and suffering will do the trick for most normal humans. Some may be psychological trauma. The price that costs you might be even soemthing as small as money itself (e.g. assassins), or hatred (e.g. assassins). It varies from human to human, some may require a larger "price" before giving up, some may never reach that "price" (i.e. they die before that price).

Inferno
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM
four and a half dollars? I'm sure if you take a dead guy to the black market you can make a lot more off of him, there are weird people out there. Price depends on supply/demand, and the consumers. Ok, say you have a 9' man, and this was uncommon, I could sell him to a museum or place like Ripley's or something for a lot more than $4.50 if I knew they would attract visitors and bring money to the exhibit. But that's being too literal. And also, the Mafia pay good money to see a guy dead if he's a "ratfink".
You cannot tell how much somehting is worth until you sell it. So there is no such phrase as "is worth" it is "was worth" and I got that much from it. And with inflation and the fluctuating currency, nto sure how much anything is worth now a days. ;D And if you make money off of something, it has to be more than you put into it to be worth anything positive. You can't spend 20 dollars on getting a dead guy if you are only gonna sell him for 10 dollars... of 4.50 in this case.
This was totally the opposite of my normal, explain it, and try not to piss anyone off attitude. I like this thread, but I got a feelin it may not last long. But I could be wrong, people could keep it going just because I said something. Worthless pieces of crap. lol. kidding.