PDA

View Full Version : A New URPG Paper

Dr Scott
11-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Yes, a while ago I asked Leppy-pooh if I could continue what one of my old friends, Fair, began and once again bring back a paper for the URPG. Granted, this will be a URPG paper, NOT a PE2k one until I feel comfortable enough about it to move upward and onward.

In the name of originality I would take a new name and different ideas, while at the same time taking some ideas of the old goodness. There would be prizes awarded for the bests of the week, best story, best trainer, etc. etc.

What I ask is if there is any interest in having a paper again, if people would be willing to read it or see it or enter stuff into the various contests / whatever's I would have. Also, if people would be willing to help me with various things.

Basically, I am coming to you asking if you would like to see this and if you do, I will worry about working on one. I didn't want to do anything without knowing what everyone thought.

I already have ideas and all that, just so you know, I'm not going into this blind or without support.

Pichufan4
11-02-2006, 01:38 AM
this sounds really unique i wanna do this!

.Red.
11-02-2006, 01:42 AM
This is pretty neat. I'll do whatever I can to help.

Dr Scott
11-02-2006, 01:53 AM
I would like to reiterate that this was originally done by Fair, so it's not an original idea done by me.

Don't worry oldies, I will give him credit where credit is do ^^

Killik
11-02-2006, 01:55 AM
I'd like to help work on this.

Reign-of-Dreams
11-02-2006, 03:06 AM
I apoligize for sounding so stupid right now, but what do you mean by "paper"? @ w@;

Dr Scott
11-02-2006, 03:12 AM
*Points and laughs at RoD*

No, that's a perfectly logical question.

Like Fair's PE2K Times, which used to be the URPG Times.

In other words, it's a newsletter.

Reign-of-Dreams
11-02-2006, 03:13 AM
*Points and laughs at RoD*

No, that's a perfectly logical question.

Like Fair's PE2K Times, which used to be the URPG Times.

In other words, it's a newsletter.
Oh, a newsletter! Thank you for answering.

For some reason I thought Paper was some kind of project name. <3

Yeah, I'd love to support this. :3

Galleon
11-02-2006, 05:19 AM
Well, you already know that I'd be willing to help you out, but just so that everything all official-like... I'm willing to help you out. :cool:

Of course, school and stories come first, but I'll be happy to help with the paper whenever I can.

DarkGardevoir
11-02-2006, 04:19 PM
this sounds pretty nice

*remeber when playing Digimon World game always stopped near Shellmon's paper and read the old news*

^ totally random thing that came up in my mind^

SiberianTiger
11-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Whatever you need. I'm in.

~Isaiah

Dr Scott
11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Hmm, seeing that I haven't had any negative feedback yet, I think that this is a good sign ...

Ideas so far:

*Story of the week- if your story is chosen, you will receive a money bonus.
*Trainer of the week- if you have the best battle rank that week, you get a money bonus.
*Pokémon of the week- If you have this Pokémon, you get a money bonus.
Quote of the Week (Random + From Another Member)
News (Some from around PE2K as well ^^)
Better know a word/Word of the week
Rant of the Week
Better Know a Original URPG Member
Pokemon Nickname Contest: Money Bonus
Comic of the week: Money Bonus
Battle of the Week: Winner gets to choose an insult from a given list and send the insult via PM to Lil_leprechaun :-P

* is taken straight from Fair's URPG Times, and all the rest came from my mind.

I'd like to point out that I may / will be adding random stuff here and there, taking out stuff and putting in other stuff.

What I'd Need:
People to do the various contests (You, the Viewer!)
Some people to do various articles on the news. I can't do all of them.
Someone to help with the trainer of the week
Someone to do the story of the week (Galleon, would you be willing to do this?)
Any other ideas ^^

-Name:
-Activity in PE2K:
-What you'd be willing to do:

akdude
11-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey yeah! I love this idea! I'll help!

Here's an idea for the paper as well! How about "Battle of the Week!"?

Edit: I forgot this lol

-Name: Ak
-Experience in Writing: Published Poet
-Activity: This is my life lol
-What you'd be willing to do: Anything ya need except Story of the Week lol

Reign-of-Dreams
11-03-2006, 12:03 AM
-Name: RoD
-Experience in Writing: I'm best with informative pieces than my fictions. ;3
-Activity in PE2K: I get on just about everyday and stuff.
-What you'd be willing to do: Anything someone's not willing to do, ie leftovers.

All-Star
11-03-2006, 12:37 AM
-Name: Chase (A.K.A. White Chocolate)
-Experience in Writing: RPs... a few stories... etc.
-Activity in PE2K: I'm here a lot. I'll be here more for this, though.
-What you'd be willing to do: Anything, really.

Echo
11-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Hmm, seeing that I haven't had any negative feedback yet, I think that this is a good sign ...

Ideas so far:

*Story of the week- if your story is chosen, you will receive a money bonus.
*Trainer of the week- if you have the best battle rank that week, you get a money bonus.
*Pokémon of the week- If you have this Pokémon, you get a money bonus.
Quote of the Week (Random + From Another Member)
News (Some from around PE2K as well ^^)
Better know a word/Word of the week
Rant of the Week
Better Know a Original URPG Member
Pokemon Nickname Contest: Money Bonus
Comic of the week: Money Bonus
Battle of the Week: Winner gets to choose an insult from a given list and send the insult via PM to Lil_leprechaun :-P

No use in doing weekly things, because I'm fairly sure it would create too much trouble for the workers of the paper and I doubt that the activity (current/overall) would allow anything major to come out of any of those ideas. Story of the Month(etc.) would be better in my opinion.

Also, rant of the week would only encourage people to rant each other, which doesn't really go well with URPG's 'let's be friends' -theme. Same with the insult, even if playful, from the battle of the week thing.

I don't think that calling this thing a 'paper' wouldn't really be too fitting, so maybe come up with another name? But meh, I'm fine with paper in terms of I-don't-really-careness, but I just think that you can't really describe anything on a forum to be a paper.

Jack of Clovers
11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Same with the insult, even if playful, from the battle of the week thing.
I'm pretty sure that one is a joke. He wouldn't do that to me. Right Scott? :biggrin:

I can't wait to see the comics again.

~Jack~

Focal
11-03-2006, 07:44 PM
That is definately one of the things I miss most from the URPG. I always read it :D Glad that this is coming back ^_^

akdude
11-03-2006, 07:52 PM
This paper is suppose to be fun Echo. Don't need to down it! lol

I'd love to read the comixs! If I had the talent to do them I would. But I could always come up with the ideas lol

Dr Scott
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
First off Lep, of COURSE I would. I wouldn't be your friend if I didn't ... (Actually yes, it was mostly a joke, but that didn't stop me from continuing it into a PM to you to see how you'd take it)

Second off, I just posted up a bare bones kind of thing, I've already talked plenty / thought plenty about the time, and I know it's not going to be a weekly thing. This is not official, it's just a little thing to get everyone's minds a crackin'

Rant a week was just one of the many ideas that I would be happy with cutting, I was just brainstorming and came up with something like that. Probably will cut too, but it was an idea.

'Paper' was a general terms, I didn't think it'd get scrutenized so much ... it's, as I told RoD, a newsletter.

'Let's Be Friends' sure, but also a 'Let's Have Fun!' thing. Remember, I'm different then Fair.

Also, Marth, if you're reading this, would you be willing to do your bit about thinking up strategies about Pokemon, or whatever it was you did last time? :-P

Also, it's all good and nice, Ak, for him to put his thoughts down. That's why I made this thread, so I could get people's thoughts on it, and that's what Echo did. If you just get good comments, then you don't really have anything to base improving on.

Lord Celebi
11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Give me my Smear Cards! Lol... (Colbert FTW!)

I'd be happy to help.

Clutch
11-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Now this might get me back into the URPG. ;]

.AzureLight
11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
-Name: Lan
-Experience in Writing: Enough.
-Activity in PE2K: Meh...
-What you'd be willing to do: News, Pokemon Of The Week, Quote Of The Week, Battle Of The Week, Rant Of The Week.

Dr Scott
11-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Who would be willing ot do the trainer of the whatever?

That's a lot of work, going through all of the trainer battles from time that the last one was sent out, counting them up, etc. You'd have to have time, and the ability to do this. No saying you can and then backing out later ...

I'd be happy to see you come back to the light, Amplified ^^

Echo
11-04-2006, 09:17 AM
This paper is suppose to be fun Echo. Don't need to down it! lol

Oh wow, I thought it was serious business like things related to Pokemon always are!

I'm not trying to put anything down, I was just stating facts and my own opinions and from my own experience, things that start out as playful rant thing, can eventually turn out to be completely something else.

Also, thanks for clearing that up, Scott.

Dr Scott
11-04-2006, 09:23 AM
I was thinking of leaning on a more humorous, random rant. Like the constant misspelling of "grammar" for one *Looks at Leppy and laughs insanely*

I know there is more I want to do here ... you know, a lot of opportunities and that one word I can't seem to think of right now ... I just can't think of what all I want to add.

More then likely it will come to me later. But again, any idea should be said without hesitation, good OR bad. Just no senseless flaming like "hahaha omg u r a luzzer i hate u AND ur hat" and no I'm not saying what Echo said was that, his was the constructive helped me out criticism, I'm just saying that so some random idiot (*coughkingrptrcough*) couldn't go "But you said!"

Marth
11-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Also, Marth, if you're reading this, would you be willing to do your bit about thinking up strategies about Pokemon, or whatever it was you did last time? :-P

Just type my name and I'll read it sooner or later, trust me.
Count me in, we can do it either through a votation or I pick the pokémon to analyze.

STORMTROOPER X
11-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Sounds cool. I'd definetly take a gander at it.

flareon008
11-06-2006, 06:31 AM
I've spoken to scott to be some sort of guest rant for the section. I'll enjoy this.

Dr Scott
11-06-2006, 06:46 AM
That's right folks, it looks like I've made a deal with the devil himself.

Beware.

flareon008
11-06-2006, 07:14 AM
That's right folks, it looks like I've made a deal with the devil himself.

Beware.

*Removed due to content*

Matt
11-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Do I see flare, or am I just imagining things?

Or has he been around for months now and I just didn't know because I abandonded the URPG....

Jack of Clovers
11-06-2006, 10:14 PM
He stalks us when we least expect it.

A rant from Flare, eh. Sounds fun! :happy:

~Jack~

Dr Scott
11-07-2006, 12:49 AM
Status Report : I really don't know when I'm going to start this. Hopefully soon. I've got to finalize some things first. Like ...

-Comics
-Quote of the week (Funny quote from your fellow members)
Then of course I will worry about assigning people to various parts

And, should it be monthlY ? Every two weeks or so? I can't and won't do it weekly, and I'm leaning to monthly.

flareon008
11-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Do I see flare, or am I just imagining things?

Or has he been around for months now and I just didn't know because I abandonded the URPG....

I'm a lurker.

Finglonger
11-07-2006, 06:56 AM
-Name:Finglonger...you can call me whatever you want
-Experience in Writing:well academically, I got into college didnt I? english creds up to 1c which is our last requirement for non english majors. personally, I write poetry, fan fics on occasion, rants. sometimes I take notes in classes too, if you want a dronish boring style
-Activity in PE2K:getting better
-What you'd be willing to do:I'll do anything you want :wink:...provided its not tedious busy work.

and yeah stand up idea my good man

Dr Scott
11-11-2006, 02:18 AM
I haven't forgotten, I swear :-P.

Does anyone have any good ideas on what the newsletter / whatever you want to call it should be called?

Seawolf
11-11-2006, 07:53 AM
And, should it be monthlY ? Every two weeks or so? I can't and won't do it weekly, and I'm leaning to monthly.

All the story related things (Story of the Month, etc.) should be monthly, since there's not much activity at the moment. It would also be less stressful for you and the other people working on this. Speaking of which, I think I should do that ...

Name: Meaghan
Experience in Writing: I've taken an English class every year since middle school. I placed in the Writing 121 class in college (one of the highest ones possible), and I'm still improving on my writing "skills" to this day. I've written short stories, poems, etc.
Activity in PE2K: Freakishly active
What you'd be willing to do: Anything related to the story sections, except for anything too time consuming ... I have school, after all.

Dr Scott
11-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Right, to note, I'm NOT starting this yet but I'm still going to place some people in positions. I will contact you / them when I start. Also, if you don't like where you're placed, contact me.

Story of the Month: Thinking Megumi and Galleon switch every other week or something ?
News: RoD
Rant of the Month: Flare
Pokemon of the Month: .AzureLight
The URPG Dojo Section: Marth

If I haven't posted you up and you're active and want involved, tell me and I'll try my best to place you ^^. Granted, it helps if I actually know you enough to know I can trust you :-P.

Marth
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Right, to note, I'm NOT starting this yet but I'm still going to place some people in positions. I will contact you / them when I start. Also, if you don't like where you're placed, contact me.

Story of the Month: (Working on this one)
Strategy / Whatever he wants to call it: Marth

If I haven't posted you up and you're active and want involved, tell me and I'll try my best to place you ^^. Granted, it helps if I actually know you enough to know I can trust you :-P.
Let's call it "The URPG Dojo" section =)

.AzureLight
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM

Story of the Month: (Working on this one)
Strategy / Whatever he wants to call it: Marth

Wheee, Pokemon of the Month. So when do you plan to start this? :eh:

Reign-of-Dreams
11-12-2006, 06:52 PM
News, just as planned. I almost forgot about this place. XD

Let's hope this goes good. :D

Dr Scott
11-15-2006, 12:10 AM
*Looks around*

*Pokes the various people*

I'm thinking of waiting until it's a little more active to try starting this ... though maybe a practice run would be nice, when it's not so active ...

I still need help thinking of the names
Oh, and someone else to do the news. If you think you could do the news around the URPG / PE2K, slap me. Or PM me.

I know I'm missing stuff, I'll shove that into a later reply.

Seawolf
11-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Story of the Month: Thinking Megumi and Galleon switch every other week or something ?

That sounds pretty excellent. If he wants to take it over completely, I don't think I would mind. :p

Dr Scott
11-15-2006, 12:16 AM
I asked him if he would do it before I even posted the idea, it's surprising how someone you randomly IM one day becomes someone you trust enough to tell crazy ideas like the newsletter to O.o.

Anyhoot, he doesn't want to do it every month, he wants to do it every other month, at the least. And he thinks it's better if there is two opinions on something like this, and I agree. Maybe you two could check each other, so if he thinks your story is uber awesome and you didn't put it in, he can change it and put it in.

Besides Meggy, you're one of the awesomester ladies here, and you know what you're doing. I don't know if it'd be too brazen to call you a modern day Jag, or not ... Ah, I miss Jag :(.