PDA

View Full Version : MissingNO and MBlock erase games?

GroundParasect
06-17-2004, 02:40 AM
Me and my Brother caught MBlocks(Who evolved into Kangaskhan :happy: )and I've caught a bunch of Missingno but all that messed up was the hall of fame.Can it really erase the game.

GreenF!reR@ge
06-17-2004, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure it can but i'm not 100% sure

Bakura2004
06-17-2004, 12:14 PM
I do the same thing. I catch alot of M blocks and Missingno and it never erases my game.

GreenF!reR@ge
06-23-2004, 11:03 PM
then I guess it can't... like I said, i wasn't 100% sure

gold
06-24-2004, 06:10 PM
It can't?
Well off I go to get pokemon that mnow sky attack.
Ahh, Sky attack.Brilliant

Ierdar
06-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Actually, it can. =\ My original blue version got messed up from them. I was never able to keep a saved game again. Then I got my gameshark and hacked the crap out of it to the point you cant even get past the "Gameboy" part of it. =\ I miss my Blue version, lol. Same happened to my Red version(but I was unaware that I had missingno.) My brother had caught it, and I found it in my PC while doing the rare candy cheat to raise pokemon for Pokemon Staduim. I released it right away, but next time I turned on my game, it was deleleted, and wouldnt stay saved again. =\

gold
06-26-2004, 09:12 AM
I'll just go release my missingno....before....

PokemonElite2000
07-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Me and my Brother caught MBlocks(Who evolved into Kangaskhan :happy: )and I've caught a bunch of Missingno but all that messed up was the hall of fame.Can it really erase the game.
Well, I would think it's possible if you have something like that messing up your game. It hasn't happened to me, but you're taking that risk.

Kenny_C.002
07-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Yes. The M' has a small chance of permanently messing up your RAM (not ROM) portion of the game. As far as I know, Missingno. (with sky attack and 2 water guns) does not have this side effect. However, you're still taking a risk.

Some say that you can "undo" the M' messing up your game via the gameshark/enhancement devices. The theory is to "double mess" with your RAM until it returns to the "normal" state. Doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon tho.

btw, glitch city also messes with the game's RAM, so I don't recommend it either.

gold
07-30-2004, 01:13 PM
http://www.dazzled.com/trsrockin/missigno8.html
That's the site you need to see.

Blast Burn
08-07-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure, I've never seen one (but once my game sure deleted itself like I caught a MissingNO :evil: :evil: :evil: ) I once heard if you catch one at level 0, your game will freeze or delete or something.