PDA

View Full Version : War Judge Application

HKim
06-19-2004, 03:21 AM
The war will be starting soon, and the war leaders need judges. They need you. There will be a total of 9 sections, 9 judges. If you feel you are able to judge fairly and have experience in the section, you may apply for the position. Just simply fill out the application form. If you wish to apply for more than one section, you need to fill out another application form. The War Leaders will discuss the possible judges and let you know if you're in.

Application Form
Name:
Section Applying For:
Reason:
Experience (In the Section):

Judge Responsibilities
- The Judge must determine the point winner(s) each week and turn the results in by the end of it.
- If the Judge will be away for a certain amount of time, they must find a replacement for their away period.
- The Judge needs to be fair, without playing favors to one team over the others.
- The Judge has authority over his section. He has the responsibility to ensure the section run smoothly.

Sections
Roleplaying- Judge Tony
- 10 years after the first war, both old and new teams emmerge to achieve what their goals. Here, you use your roleplaying skills to earn points. 2 points will be awarded in this section.

Fan Fiction- Judge Aleyquala
- Who can write the best story? Here, authors compete, earning a point if they have the best story. There is no limit to what kind of story it is as long as it obeys the rules of the forum. 2 points will be awarded here.

Pokemon Trivia- Judge Dratini
- The judge will post trivia questions, one at a time on a basis of whenever she's on. The team(s) that answers the most trivia questions earns a war point.

Fan Art- Judge Matthew
- Here, artists from every team create pictures and masterpieces based around a certain theme. 2 points will be awarded here.

Creative Writing- Judge Nick
- Poetry, short stories, and many other forms of writing are allowed here. Themes will be created each week. 2 points will be awarded here.

NetBattle- Judge MLugia
- Each competitor in this section must compete and earn battle points. 1 battle point is earned whenever one member of a team defeats a member of another team. The member who earns the most battle points, earns a point for his team. In the case of a tie, the members with the highest battle points each earn a war point for their teams. The rules for a War Battle includes no legendaries, no hiding your pokemon before battle, and that each pokemon must have a different item.

Comedy- Judge JohtoTrainer
- This section is based on what you can do to make the readers laugh. Many different forms are allowed, including writing, sound, and video. 2 points will be awarded here.

Debate- Judge Dapkmnguy
- Using logic and passion, members argue over serious issues like abortion and the death penalty. The best debaters win. 2 points will be awarded here.

Scavenger Hunt- Judge VenasaurTrainer
- Every week, the judge will have several items, pictures, or other things hidden around the internet. The team that finds the most of these objects, earns a point. In case of a tie, one point is given to each tying team.

Caite-chan
06-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Name: Shane
Section Applying For: Role Play
Reason: Do I really need a reason...-thinks.- Because I hate people that don't know how to role play the right way. Not newbies but, people who know how but, they just don't want to do it the right way.
Experience (In the Section): I've been in the WAR sence it first started and I was a judge for a short time in the first WAR!

VenusaurTrainer
06-22-2004, 12:18 AM
Name:VT
Section Applying For: Scavenger Hunt
Reason:I can come up with some of the hardest things too find in the world. Also I am very active.
Experience (In the Section):None

Techno Treecko
06-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Section Applying For: T rivia
Reason: I believe I can get this section on the right path again, and hopefully be active enough to keep it going.
Experience (In the Section): I was once a judge for the Scavenger Hunt, but now wish to move onto Trivia.

Half a Dollar
06-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Section Applying For:Creative Writing
Reason: It really wasn't active the last war, hope to make it more active this time.
Experience (In the Section): I've done trivia,and I have posted some Creative Writing in the last WAR.

Lord Celebi
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
I'm doing two, because I'm interested in both.

Name: rust
Reason: Different from Shane up there, I understand newbie RPers cuz I was one once and I'll help em instead of yelling at them for not describing everything to the last molecule and not embarrasing them (Like most RP judges did to me)
Experience (In the Section): I Role Played in RP 1 and got banned (When I was a newbie), I was in the BZPRPG 1 (On Bzpower), and I won a point for AF in RP 2.

Name: rust
Section Applying For: Debate
Reason: I'm a pretty good debater, and I would give points to people, if they debated their points well and could answer a question an opponent asked logically, and amy have proved an opponent wrong. I also give extra credit for sources.
Experience (In the Section): I have participated in many debates about Bush and Religon, and I participated, and won a point for, in War 1's debating.

Satou
06-24-2004, 02:13 AM
Since I might not be able to RP this year (Which depresses me because the RP is alotta fun and I like the post rules ^.^ Go long posts!), I'd like to -help- with the RP judges. I could take shifts every once and a while :)

Name: Berri
Reason: I might not find a Team this year that is in War( ;_; ) and want to help the War go by the best I can. I also know that RP is fun and want to make it more enoyable for EVERYONE!
Experience (In the Section): I am an advanced Role Player though lately I've been lazy ^_^;; I know that a post needs detail and you can't RP with quick posts because otherwise you don't attract replies. You also CANNOT RP alone so I wouldn't give someone just writing points. People need to try and interact with other players, otherwise the RP will die.

HKim
06-24-2004, 04:07 AM
Tony, you have been approved to run the Roleplay Section.

Venasaur, you have been approved to run the Scavenger Hunt Section.

Treecko, you have been approved to run the Trivia Section.

As for everyone else, the war judges are still considering your applications.

Scorch Ry
06-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Name: Aleyquala/Aleykale

Section Application: Pokemon Fan-Fiction

Reason: During the past three years, I have evaluated Fan-Fictions around many forums, including SPP Forums, PE2K Forums and others as well. I will be very fair and honest, not giving war points to my favors. I would evaluate with honesty, giving out the war points to the BEST Fan-Fiction wrote during those time sessions. By judging, I would be honored with reading about little adventures and determining who put the most effort, originality and creativity in their fics.

Experience: I have written many Pokemon Fan-Fictions, including The Journey Of A Champion, Critical Kingdom Battles, The Quest Of Misty And Ryou, Dragon I: Mystical Legends and The Strive To Victory. Actually, I am working on a new Fan-Fiction that will hit PE2K Forums in late summer called: The Serenity Wraths I: The Canine's Cry. I would have loved to write war fics, but I'm focusing upon reading others, plus making progress with my new fic. I just have a special thing about evaluating the fics of others because I love reading about their adventures and perspectives of their writing styles and uniqueness. I am also a Trainer Fan-Fiction teacher in the Summer Writing Camp, and I work upon Trainer Fan-Fictions, Length and Descriptions. There, I help young authorlets improve their Trainer Fan-Fictions to the best they can become, by laying out the basic structures on how to plan out a Trainer Fan-Fic.

I also understand the terms of judging Fan-Fictions, judging new materials, not old ones from the previous week. I am also suppose to judge any new fics and new chapter installments to their war fic. I perfectly understand this and I will NEVER award points upon my favorite authors because I am not giving other fics their chance. I will judge fairly and honestly, even giving out a summary about why I chose that story/chapter for the point.

HKim
06-24-2004, 05:32 AM
Aleyquala, you have been approved for the FanFic Judge Position.

Ruben
06-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Name: Ruben
Section Applying For: Comedy
Reason: Well, Iím actually VERY happy that this section exists in this WAR and so I would love to be in charge for it. Because comedy is one the things that makes me come to PE2K every single day. (YES, I am addicted :silly:)
Experience: I'm maybe not a funny person and more of an irritating person, but I think I recognise humour when I see it :wink:

- Ruben V.

JohtoTrainer
06-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Name: JT
Section Applying For: Comedy
Reason: I love to watch Comedy Central and I love to laugh and tell jokes myself.
Experience: Well, I do Professional stand up sometimes at clubs and at my school. I love to hear other peoples jokes aswell.

HKim
06-26-2004, 05:45 AM
JT, you have been approved as Comedy Judge. Congratulations.

bronislav84
06-28-2004, 08:27 PM
O, Whoe is me!

I am still having problems with my PC and will not be back till sometime next week, I think (I am not at home now). Now I see that Tony has done me an injustice by asking for the position I have been asking for...........only God knows how long.

Can anything be done with this, Harry? It is kinda unfair.

Note: I won't see any responses till I can get to another PC so take your time on thinking.

HKim
07-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Nick, you have been approved to be the judge of Creative Writing.

Scorch Ry
07-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Harry, starting July 4, each seven days, for the Fan-Fiction Judge, do I grade both chapters and stories? Each week, I grade stories and new chapters together and decide between those?

Raddstealth316
07-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Sigh, this isnít my favourite section to be judge off but someone has to do it in order the war has to work soÖ

Name: Dapkmnguy_3000
Section Applying For: Debate
Reason: Because I am very interested in Debate and like watching debates going on which I find interesting and I believe I can spot who has the stronger argument.
Experience (In the Section): I have participated a bit in debate in school and enjoyed it greatly, I look forward now to watching people debate with each other and award points appropriately.

HKim
07-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Harry, starting July 4, each seven days, for the Fan-Fiction Judge, do I grade both chapters and stories? Each week, I grade stories and new chapters together and decide between those?

Aley, whatever part they added during that week, you grade. You might have to read a few pages before to understand it, but other than that, stick to the posts made during that week.

Matt & Vulpix
07-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Can I be the Creative Writing judge?

Scorch Ry
07-03-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm beginning to understand. Thank you for telling me, Harry.

Matt & Vulpix
07-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Fine I'll post qualifications.

Section Applying For: Creative Writing

Reason: I want to judge something I have experience in, and I really love Poetry, songs, and that kind of writing.

Experience:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1601 My Poetry Thread
2 Seasons of WAR Fan Art Judging

HKim
07-04-2004, 05:46 AM
Dap, you have the job. Congratulations.

War Judges, please post your sectios now. Tony, Nate will create the Roleplay Thread.