PDA

View Full Version : Public Challenge

Ironshell Blastoise
06-19-2004, 02:04 PM
This thread is related to the war, so if you aren't in the war, don't pay attention to this.

Word has been running around that the other teams say they will not battle Nox in Netbattle, because the rulings for Netbattle aren't based on participation, but based on actually winning a battle. Therefore, players and/or whole teams can refuse to battle another person/team, and therefore, not allow points to be gained in the Netbattle department. So here is what I say to that:

If me or and Nox members challenges your team, and ALL of your members decline to battle, I will assume the right to brand you scared little n00bs. You can't win everything. Instead of backing down, why not practice and get better? Battling is the BASIC game of Pokemon. Its where it started. So if you have no members on your team who can battle, hop to it and get some members who will at least give an effort to battle. If you can't find new members, take it upon yourself to start. And if you have people on your team already in the Netbattle department, and they all refuse to battle another team, that is just poor sportsmanship. Yes, the rules state that the rulings on Netbattle are based on wins, but don't be a jackass and backdown. That only proves how n00bish you are. Take a loss like a real combatant, don't take the easy way out just because you are afraid.

So I'm challenging all other teams to start getting ready for Netbattle. Its too late to complain about it being in the war. Get ready for battling, or get ready for the afterburn. I'm stating here myself that I am for a fact in the top 5 on PE2k in battling online. I want you all to practice/train/whatever, and I want to see other members from OTHER teams battling me for the war.

And with that, I hope to see the rest of you battling, not only Nox, but each other. Good Luck to all. You'll need it ;0

VenusaurTrainer
06-19-2004, 02:10 PM
I agree with Khold, teams should try to participate in Netbattle. Even though you may be bad, but you can still pratice and learn.

Dratini
06-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Khold, IMO, that's not really a problem. Back in the URPG days, when Allie rocked and beat everyone, that didn't mean people would quit challenging her. She managed to get 16 points in a week, you know? But you also have to respect you can't tell someone who's never been on NB before you want to challenge them, so they have to make a team and battle.

Also, why are you saying this before the war has even started? You don't know that will happen. =/ Even if it does, I'm sure you'll be able to cope. Unless the NB points are all you're relying on to win the war. Also, there is NO rule saying people have to accept challenges; it is just a part a life if they do not. But as I already said, it's WAY too soon to be complaining. There are *plenty* of people who will accept, or maybe even challenge you.

But anyway, if I have time to, I'll be more than willing to battle. Although between other War events and Summer School, I seriously doubt I will have time to.

Ironshell Blastoise
06-20-2004, 03:58 AM
I'm not complaining. I heard around the PE2K chats that other teams will refuse to battle Nox, and I was speaking my mind.

And I stated that I already knew people can refuse, because there isnt a rule stating you must accept. I'm merely letting others know, they shouldn't be poor sportsman, and they should really TRY Netbattle. I know many were complaining about its addition, and many others say they will not NB Nox or even participate in NB. So meh. I'm not depending on NB, its just what I'm good at, and I'd hate to see it fail the first time in the War.

Raddstealth316
06-21-2004, 09:09 PM
I for one wouldn’t back down, heck hardly anyone knows I netbattle and I like it that way hehehe…>:P

Caite-chan
06-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Big deal so we don't want to battle you. That does'nt give you rights of calling ANYONE ANYTHING!! I for one think it sucks...but, if yuo wanna go at it fine let's go at till then SHOVE IT!!

Marth
06-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Since 1999, Clubs/Forums/Groups/ like PE2k have been created. Their base? Fighting via Yahoo messenger / Aol, simulating a combat with referees.
Then, we started everything else... War, Sigs, and now, Netbatling.
Team Elite is strong in what is BASIC: Fighting in messengers.
I just say, that we shouldn't forget what started this whole idea.
And if anyone of you needs proof of this, you can ask Shawn or Saitou. They are one of the oldest in this, um, bussiness.
Btw, what is netbatling?
Marth

Hoenn Mirror Girl
06-22-2004, 09:04 PM
This thread is related to the war, so if you aren't in the war, don't pay attention to this.

Word has been running around that the other teams say they will not battle Nox in Netbattle, because the rulings for Netbattle aren't based on participation, but based on actually winning a battle. Therefore, players and/or whole teams can refuse to battle another person/team, and therefore, not allow points to be gained in the Netbattle department. So here is what I say to that:

If me or and Nox members challenges your team, and ALL of your members decline to battle, I will assume the right to brand you scared little n00bs. You can't win everything. Instead of backing down, why not practice and get better? Battling is the BASIC game of Pokemon. Its where it started. So if you have no members on your team who can battle, hop to it and get some members who will at least give an effort to battle. If you can't find new members, take it upon yourself to start. And if you have people on your team already in the Netbattle department, and they all refuse to battle another team, that is just poor sportsmanship. Yes, the rules state that the rulings on Netbattle are based on wins, but don't be a jackass and backdown. That only proves how n00bish you are. Take a loss like a real combatant, don't take the easy way out just because you are afraid.

So I'm challenging all other teams to start getting ready for Netbattle. Its too late to complain about it being in the war. Get ready for battling, or get ready for the afterburn. I'm stating here myself that I am for a fact in the top 5 on PE2k in battling online. I want you all to practice/train/whatever, and I want to see other members from OTHER teams battling me for the war.

And with that, I hope to see the rest of you battling, not only Nox, but each other. Good Luck to all. You'll need it ;0
I totally agree with that. Look at me. I current have a Win-Lose record of 5-29, and I never back down on a challenge.
Yes, I seriously only have 5 wins so far.

[Fair]
06-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Since 1999, Clubs/Forums/Groups/ like PE2k have been created. Their base? Fighting via Yahoo messenger / Aol, simulating a combat with referees.
Then, we started everything else... War, Sigs, and now, Netbatling.
Team Elite is strong in what is BASIC: Fighting in messengers.
I just say, that we shouldn't forget what started this whole idea.
And if anyone of you needs proof of this, you can ask Shawn or Saitou. They are one of the oldest in this, um, bussiness.
Btw, what is netbatling?
Marth

Don't worry, Marth... The URPG and messenger battling is still VERY well represented in this WAR. It may not be a section, but we're not leaving it out. :whistle: