PDA

View Full Version : New Changes

Jack of Clovers
11-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Here's what I changed in all the boards:

**Contest added. Look at the board and comment here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26125).

**Combined Referees, Moves List, How to Become a Ref, and Ref Quiz into the new Reffing Encylopedia (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8441). Less stickies. Less clicking.

**The Referees list is now alphabetized and updated with all AIM names.

**Reffing Quiz (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=368535&postcount=13) updated with who's available and who's not.

**All About Battles (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26097) used to be in the main Rules, but I felt a move to that specific board would be more helpful.

**Moved the Story info from the main Rules to How to Write Stories (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8445). Moved for the same reason as above

**Combined Graders and How to Become a Grader threads together to form the Grading Group (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8446). Added detailed Galleon's Story Chart (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/Gale86/storychart.png) to it.

**Galleon is the new Lead Grader with Megumi and DU.

**The Graders List is also alphabetized.

**Auctions. Now all Mods and Officials may run an auction.

**Changed Co-officials to Officials. Easier to say. Speaking of which, new Officials: younglink, Megumi, SiberianTiger, SuperScott. :cool:

**Cleared the Banned Member list, as all have been forum banned except 1. Also will be initiating Temp Bans for minor occurances, if there were any.

**My main goal was to make the Rules shorter and not a lot to read. It's less intimidating for new members that want to join. That's why I moved and cut posts to out specific areas.

**The Forum Battle Board is now a Sub-board in the Battles.

**Added new change. Clicky (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=715919&postcount=22).

I probably missed a change or two, but whatever. Talk about my crazy changes. :goofy:

~Jack~

HKim
11-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Good stuff, Jack. Glad to see that you simplified all of this. Makes it easier to understand.

Dr Scott
11-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Harry, you're alive!? O.O. Long time no speak, man ^^. **BHK**

By the way Jack, got a little coding problem with a URL in there :tongue:

HKim
11-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Harry, you're alive!? O.O. Long time no speak, man ^^. **BHK**

By the way Jack, got a little coding problem with a URL in there :tongue:

What are you talking about!!? You're alive!!! It's been forever since we last saw you.

My goodness, when did you return Behead?

Dr Scott
11-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Quite a while ago ... maybe a month or so.

Long enough to see you come back for a while and then leave again ^^.

I've actually been much more lucky this time around, somehow I'm the leader of Delta Green and one of the mods in the ToD XD.

Gotta get on AIM sometime and catch up, buddy ol' pal!

HKim
11-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Quite a while ago ... maybe a month or so.

Long enough to see you come back for a while and then leave again ^^.

I've actually been much more lucky this time around, somehow I'm the leader of Delta Green and one of the mods in the ToD XD.

Gotta get on AIM sometime and catch up, buddy ol' pal!

I'm on AIM right now if you want to talk.

Heh, I guess I'm a bit behind the times. Need to clean my inbox too, though people can email me if they want to reach me at HKim.PE2K@gmail.com

You need to tell me about all of this stuff!

And we need to battle sometime.

Galleon
11-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Well, dang. This is pretty friggin' awesome, Jack. Thank you for the promotion, and I'll try to be a good little grader. :wink:

Sure are lotsa a big changes. Wow, talk about that new car smell. :cool:

.AzureLight
11-14-2006, 12:02 PM
I love the fact that contests are FINALLY here. Too bad I need to wait to become a judge. :neutral:

Focal
11-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Great job on all of this Jack, and I'm extremely glad to see the Contests are coming along that well :D

(And I checked out the Reffing Encyc. and I saw the word 'Magnificent' instead of 'Unforgotten' XD)

Anyways, good job on everything ^_^ Now let's hope there will be some people that actually manage to read the rules completely :P

Ridley
11-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Awesome thing ST is now an official.

Loyal Arcanine
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Good stuff, Jack. Congrats to the new officials. :clap:

Leoblaze
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Jack wow this is fun now with the contest. SOme of the rules still have me uneasy though. And congrats to all those who got prmotions.

earth_type_rule
11-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Nice changes, but I like the battle forum better when it wasn't a sub-forum.

I should get used to it anyway, and congrats with all the promotions and stuff :crackup:

Nasty Plasty
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Sweet Contests!

One question, was it even time to post contest stats yet...?

Subside
11-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Horray, contests are up... about Jack!

Congrats to all people who got promotions and the like.

Fossil Fusion
11-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Omg i made it to Officials :o! Thanks for the congrats Mike :wink:

Seawolf
11-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Omg i made it to Officials :o! Thanks for the congrats Mike :wink:

Have a cookie. I also seem to be an Official. :redface:

<3

Thanks for the new position, and I'll try to contribute to this to the best of my ability. ^_^

SiberianTiger
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Good job Jack, nicely done. HKim you're alive?!?

I'm an official?

~Isaiah

Fossil Fusion
11-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Have a cookie. I also seem to be an Official. :redface:

<3

Thanks for the new position, and I'll try to contribute to this to the best of my ability. ^_^

Have a cookie also Meg XD *Throws Cookie*

We can be twins again :o

.AzureLight
11-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Good job Jack, nicely done. HKim you're alive?!?

I'm an official?

~Isaiah

Dude, congrats. You've come a long way. :shocked:

Congrats to Chris, Meg and Scott too. :tongue:

Dr Scott
11-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Congrats are in order!!!

First to the fastest rising member I've ever seen, one of the best story writers here, and the one with the darn longest grades I've ever seen in my life ... Galleon

Second to the ... Okay, I'm not going to pretend I know you because I don't ... But to someone who I'd like to get to know sometime ... Young Link

Third to the pop-idol of PE2K, the lady who I had ... just a bit ago ... brazenly compared to the late Jag ... The lady, the woman, the legend, the Megumi

Fourth to the man who has become the man in Team Aqua in the Crimson Dawn, the man who I surprisingly haven't seen around the URPG too much, but who I know is a smart and nice man, the man called Siberian Tiger

Lastly to KoolCurtis, who must have stolen onto Jack's computer when he wasn't looking and added my name, just to spice things up ...

Jack of Clovers
11-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks to a friendly reminder, there was another big change I wanted to make.

Pokemon evolve. Pikachu into Raichu. Rattata into Raticate. No problems. Then with G/S, Eevee was given more evolutions. Eevee to Umbreon or Espeon. The difference was Umbreon nor Espeon could learn Substitute (and other R/B TM's) and you had to teach it to Eevee beforehand. And of course, the famouse Blissey Loyal Arcanine won at auction, but can't teach it any R/B stuff.

There's also the rule that if you catch a Pokemon, say Breloom, that it won't learn previous attacks as Shroomish, Spore, etc, because you didn't have Shroomish first. What doesn't make sense is, just because you catch it at Shroomish, doesn't mean it didn't know Spore from before.

I think having these move learning technicallities is something we don't need. As an RP, I think being able to backtrack is possible, because you can do it in the Anime world. So if you have Umbreon, or Blissey, you can still teach it TM's from it's previous form, only if it's previous evolution was from a different game sereies. And if you catch Wobbuffett in a story, it'll still learn the regular attacks it did as Wynaut.

Make sense? Are we happy? I am. :happy:

~Jack~

SiberianTiger
11-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks to a friendly reminder, there was another big change I wanted to make.

Pokemon evolve. Pikachu into Raichu. Rattata into Raticate. No problems. Then with G/S, Eevee was given more evolutions. Eevee to Umbreon or Espeon. The difference was Umbreon nor Espeon could learn Substitute (and other R/B TM's) and you had to teach it to Eevee beforehand. And of course, the famouse Blissey Loyal Arcanine won at auction, but can't teach it any R/B stuff.

There's also the rule that if you catch a Pokemon, say Breloom, that it won't learn previous attacks as Shroomish, Spore, etc, because you didn't have Shroomish first. What doesn't make sense is, just because you catch it at Shroomish, doesn't mean it didn't know Spore from before.

I think having these move learning technicallities is something we don't need. As an RP, I think being able to backtrack is possible, because you can do it in the Anime world. So if you have Umbreon, or Blissey, you can still teach it TM's from it's previous form, only if it's previous evolution was from a different game sereies. And if you catch Wobbuffett in a story, it'll still learn the regular attacks it did as Wynaut.

Make sense? Are we happy? I am. :happy:

~Jack~

Yea, I'm happy. O_: So is the terminator smillie.

Makes sense so yea, good move.

~Isaiah

flareon008
11-16-2006, 12:13 AM
KoolJack cool.

Mistake on scott though! :biggrin:

I can't understand pokemon lingo anymore :(

Dr Scott
11-16-2006, 12:21 AM
*Rolls his eyes*

Flare, hush yourself. Just because you were always afraid to give me any power because you know that I was both funnier AND cooler then you ... :-P. Kidding on everything but the afraid to give me power stuff.

I had always just assumed that to already be a rule Jackio, though I guess it never dealt with me before, so that works ...

DarkGardevoir
11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
wow... lotsa changes around, huh?

I waited for the TM unification.

Now I can finally pay some attention to my Crobat.

Focal
11-16-2006, 05:25 PM
That new TM rule rocks ^_^ Nice one Jack :) Now to tell Ansem that keeping his Onix an Onix for so long to teach him some TM's was for nothing :D

Fossil Fusion
11-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I'd love to get to know you too Scott ;) Cool, now Mike will have an annoying Blissey XD

DaRkUmBrEoN
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I'd love to get to know you too Scott ;) Cool, now Mike will have an annoying Blissey XD

I want my Blissey back.
I traded it to Chase since it couldn't learn the old RBY TM's.

-]DU[-