PDA

View Full Version : Jirachi Wish Maker

AshMistyMayfan
06-26-2004, 07:43 PM
That was a great movie, but to me, Max should've had Jirachi. I think the writers are cruel to him at times to give him a 'false hope' to have a Pokemon, only it has to go away. Max and Jirachi go great together. If Jirachi can only stay awake for a week, well, how come we game players can play the Jirachi anytime, anyday of the week?

gold
06-27-2004, 10:52 AM
That was a great movie, but to me, Max should've had Jirachi. I think the writers are cruel to him at times to give him a 'false hope' to have a Pokemon, only it has to go away. Max and Jirachi go great together. If Jirachi can only stay awake for a week, well, how come we game players can play the Jirachi anytime, anyday of the week?

I think so too.
will max ever get a pokemon?

PokemonElite2000
06-28-2004, 12:05 AM
You have to realize, the game is different from the show. So, never compare the two, because there's just too many differences (the amount of moves a Pokemon has, a Pokemon "life bar", etc).

DragonShane
07-29-2004, 06:45 AM
There's also the fact that the writer's had to add drama to the movie's plot :p
And it really seemed to work; you feel happy for Max and Jirachi as they get along as the best of friends, while at the same time you know that their time together will come to an end soon. And the fact that Max and Jirachi will probably never see each other again is really something that makes one think.

...Not to mention that Max is still very young, probably too young to have a license to even be a trainer. Not sure if that factored into the plot, but it's just a principle there, I suppose

And really, after all the other movies that have passed, did anyone REALLY expect a main character to possess a legendary pokemon? :P

Jeikobu
08-10-2004, 01:31 AM
The show and game obviously have some differences. Sometimes the anime just gets more detailed than the games in areas like that. But as is, Masato (Max) isn't old enough to become a trainer. He couldn't have Jirachi as he isn't 10 yet. However, in a way his not being able to have Jirachi made it more special as it illustrated that no matter how far away two beings can be from each other, they'll always be great friends. They'll always remember each other and will maybe meet again someday. It's easy to be friends when you are always with each other, but it would take a true friendship to hold up through being apart for a long time.

moviesrmw
12-02-2004, 11:31 PM
I never saw the movie befor but I want to see it so bad.I tryed to buy it but I didn't see it anywhere, their was this one time put I couldn't buy it because my mom is cheap.If you have it on your on your computer maybe you could send it to me. PLEASE

flyhighlatias!
12-02-2004, 11:40 PM
I never saw the movie befor but I want to see it so bad.I tryed to buy it but I didn't see it anywhere, their was this one time put I couldn't buy it because my mom is cheap.If you have it on your on your computer maybe you could send it to me. PLEASE
hey dude you know how old mewtwo reurns is right? well i bought it online from best-buy about a month ago so maybe you can you can try that! its not that expenive at all hopefully your mom can get it for you, its pretty good

boltAge
12-03-2004, 05:04 AM
This movie sucks.

No kidding. I was watching it, and then realised I had to fast forward so much because countless parts were lame, I was like, ugh, I'm watching this kind of movie? Sorry, Pokemon movies are never impressive, not in graphics, not in music, and definitely not in the plot.

Missingno mystery
12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
I like'd the movie for two big resins, there call'd, Absol and Flygon :razz: ! Thats the only real resin I buy the movies and videos, so I can see my fav Pokemon with more movement than the games (also, now for pronunciations seens how Pokemon official handbook stop'd printing that part :dazed: ).

AshMistyMayfan
12-03-2004, 06:27 PM
What did you think of May and Max? OK, or did you yearn for MIsty to return?

Tamer Marco
12-03-2004, 06:46 PM
I didn't see it, but i'm looking forward to it.

~Bayleef~
12-03-2004, 10:34 PM
The movies are SO different to the TV show but the TV show is the best!

I don't think that a character would catch a Pokemon in a movie because mostly what happened in a movie doesn't really get talked about in the TV show appart from Lugia.

Also would the Pokemon just appear in the TV show??

Missingno mystery
12-04-2004, 04:12 PM
What did you think of May and Max? OK, or did you yearn for MIsty to return?
There ok, but I still like Misty more (of corse though it jest woundn't be the same next time she comes back without Togepi :sad: . He was one of my favs. Yeah, I like the Pokemon more than the ppl characters :razz: ).

Flame Master
01-04-2005, 03:42 AM
The movies are SO different to the TV show but the TV show is the best!

I don't think that a character would catch a Pokemon in a movie because mostly what happened in a movie doesn't really get talked about in the TV show appart from Lugia.

Also would the Pokemon just appear in the TV show?? Yeah, I have to agree with you. The Pokemon just can't apperer out of thin air.
:crackup:

Marill
01-22-2005, 05:31 PM
This movie sucks.

No kidding. I was watching it, and then realised I had to fast forward so much because countless parts were lame, I was like, ugh, I'm watching this kind of movie? Sorry, Pokemon movies are never impressive, not in graphics, not in music, and definitely not in the plot.

I beg to differ. But, opinions are like .... everyone has one!

Furthermore, I found that I could not watch Jirachi Wish Maker because of the frequent interuptions from the commercials. In addition, I did not get to see the end, due to me having to attend a basketball game. Anywho, can someone tell me something...did Jirachi use any spell to make Max forget him, similar to Mewtwo in "Mewtwo Strikes Back"? Just wondering...

I can't wait until Max gets his own pocket monster. I think it will be an awesome plot twist...

LuigiWithCheese
01-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, this movie WAS dumb, but I'd rather watch it than Destiny Deoxys :tongue: