PDA

View Full Version : Diaruga vs. Parukia

avinash
11-23-2006, 11:42 PM
The name pretty much says everything. i personally prefer diaruga because hese steal. please state a reason if you can:)

ashketchum
11-24-2006, 03:41 AM
I say Diaruga, because he's time. Plus, I played Diamond/Pearl. I used Diaruga against my cousins Parukia, we used our strongest attacks. Parukia hit Diaruga first, and took half of Diaruga's health. But Parukia lost to Diaruga's first attack.

FYI: I am not japanese. I am from U.S.A. I went there though. I know how to speak and read japenese language too. I had to teach my cousin, which took long, even though we are the same ages.

Tory vs Meaty II
11-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I say Diaruga, because he's time. Plus, I played Diamond/Pearl. I used Diaruga against my cousins Parukia, we used our strongest attacks. Parukia hit Diaruga first, and took half of Diaruga's health. But Parukia lost to Diaruga's first attack.

FYI: I am not japanese. I am from U.S.A. I went there though. I know how to speak and read japenese language too. I had to teach my cousin, which took long, even though we are the same ages.

What attack did you guys use?

I say Parukia would win.

silent pokemon master
11-24-2006, 04:14 PM
my head hurts:susp: and people use the real names dialga and palkia

Kaze
11-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, silent pokemon master, as I've pointed at in another thread, there are so many "official" Japanese names that either can be right. Naetoru, Naetle, Diaruga, Dialga... We wouldn't have this problem if we could speed up time to the point where we had the English Diamond and Pearl...

My favorite is Diaruga, but I looked at the weaknesses of each of them and I see that Parukia's only weakness is Dragon. Diaruga is weak against both Fighting and Ground, but it has many more resistances than Parukia. Diaruga, being a Steel-type, is also immune to Poison-type attacks. ^^

silent pokemon master
11-24-2006, 04:21 PM
no i swaer i looked on serrebii it's confirmed that diaruga is dailga

Kaze
11-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, on its Dex page (http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/483.shtml), it says Diaruga. *shrugs* Anyone can use any name for all I care.

silent pokemon master
11-24-2006, 04:25 PM
well moving away from a poteiol aguement.....:wink:

Tory vs Meaty II
11-24-2006, 08:53 PM
This is simple as 1-2-5! PARUKIA WILL PWN DIARUGA I TELL YUH! Is a tricked out water and dragon type!

Kaze
11-24-2006, 08:59 PM
*considers*

Well, considering Parukia may use a Water-type attack, Diaruga resists that so it only does half of what it would've done... If Parukia pulls of a Dragon-type attack, then it'll do regular damaged, as opposed to if Diaruga uses a Dragon-type attack, it'll land "super-effective" damage. *shrugs*

Well, it depends on the individual Pokemon and its moves. I'm trying to remain neutral about this but I'm probably only suceeding in being annoying. ><

Tory vs Meaty II
11-24-2006, 09:06 PM
*considers*

Well, considering Parukia may use a Water-type attack, Diaruga resists that so it only does half of what it would've done... If Parukia pulls of a Dragon-type attack, then it'll do regular damaged, as opposed to if Diaruga uses a Dragon-type attack, it'll land "super-effective" damage. *shrugs*

Well, it depends on the individual Pokemon and its moves. I'm trying to remain neutral about this but I'm probably only suceeding in being annoying. ><

Guess what? Diarugia has two weeknesses, and Parukia only have one.:tongue:

theEND
11-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Guess what? Diarugia has two weeknesses, and Parukia only have one.:tongue:
Diaruga and Parukia pretty much both only have one weakness, Dragon type attacks. Diaruga is Steel/Dragon and Parukia is Water/Dragon. Fire and Fighting Attacks will be "Not Effective" against Diaruga even if its Steel side is weak against them. The Dragon Type Side supports Diaruga. Electric and Grass Type Attacks to Parukia will also result in the same thing. Basically, both are pretty equal.

^--- Shortest summarized non-complicated speech ever made by CP.

EDIT: Ah crap, forgot about Ground types. -.- You're right Tory, Diaruga has 2 weaknesses. But still, it's not like an eaqsy Earthquake by a Graveler or Golem you have can take it down easy. I hardly see any Ground Attacks that can take a Dragon Type down in a second that are not used by level 80s and up.

G-Blaze
11-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Diaruga and Parukia pretty much both only have one weakness, Dragon type attacks. Diaruga is Steel/Dragon and Parukia is Water/Dragon. Fire and Fighting Attacks will be "Not Effective" against Diaruga even if its Steel side is weak against them. The Dragon Type Side supports Diaruga. Electric and Grass Type Attacks to Parukia will also result in the same thing. Basically, both are pretty equal.

^--- Shortest summarized non-complicated speech ever made by CP.

EDIT: Ah crap, forgot about Ground types. -.- You're right Tory, Diaruga has 2 weaknesses. But still, it's not like an eaqsy Earthquake by a Graveler or Golem you have can take it down easy. I hardly see any Ground Attacks that can take a Dragon Type down in a second that are not used by level 80s and up.
Yeah, what he said. Diaruga looks much stronger, though, and the colour choices for Parukia, saying that he's Water?Dragon was not a good choice by the spriters for Pokemon. I think Parukia will still pull out a dangerous water attack on Diaruga anytime though.

Nicyboy
11-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Well......I perfer Parukia. Diaruga mat be able to resist water and hold off Dragon attacks, but Parukia learns a Fightning Type and Ground Type Attack, and Diaruga is weakness to both.

But what makes me sad is that I like Time more thn space, but Parukia more than Diaruga!!

silent pokemon master
11-25-2006, 01:26 PM
diaruga in my opnion he is the one and most people think so ^.^

Kenny
11-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I already made a thread about this a VERY long time ago. Parukia is better because it has a higher base speed stat and a better special movepool, making it the better special sweeper. However, in a match between the two, I think Diaruga would win because Parukia can't learn any good moves that are super effective against Diaruga (besides EQ, but it doesn't gain STAB). Diaruga can defeat Parukia with a dragon type move. Still, Parukia makes a much better special sweeper with its higher speed and better movepool. Either way, I wouldn't put either in my main team because they're ubers.

Quillz
11-28-2006, 05:46 AM
The name pretty much says everything. i personally prefer diaruga because hese steal. please state a reason if you can:)
I like Diaruga better because I find Steel/Dragon to be a more useful type combo.

Espeon EX
11-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I like diaruga better and thinks it can beat parukia because of that its steel. Y'know you don't
know the moves. I think you can find their moves on serebii.

Holy_Crusafix
12-02-2006, 08:33 AM
You can find there moves on serebii and diaruga will beat parukia. I personaly think the messed up. Parukia looks like its covered in steel plates and diaruga is blue. I think they should be switched around but who cares:ermm:

silent pokemon master
12-02-2006, 09:54 AM
if i may say something water dragon is a old type and steel dragon is a brand new type another reason for me to go with dialga

Lord Voldemort
12-02-2006, 04:54 PM
This is simple as 1-2-5! PARUKIA WILL PWN DIARUGA I TELL YUH! Is a tricked out water and dragon type!

Yeah! Darugia is just a stupid puppy with armor on.

Beseitigen
12-02-2006, 09:17 PM
uh which one's which? I like the one that's a quadriped

Leman
12-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Id say parukia has better types but i think he looks sort of ugly

charmeleonblaze
12-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Diaruga kicks parukia's ass hard man.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-02-2006, 09:34 PM
uh which one's which? I like the one that's a quadriped

What do you mean about that?

Lord Voldemort
12-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Diaruga kicks parukia's ass hard man.

no he isnt parukia has better speed than the puppy. if he can bulk up on the first move, and get a few more in, the puppy shall be nuetralized

STORMTROOPER X
12-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Diaruga. Steel is possibly the best type to date.

Skye
12-05-2006, 11:08 PM
I think that Diaruga or Parukia could win, depending on it's level.

Espeon EX
12-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Well if there both at level 100 would you think will win the battle. Look up the attacks on serebii and then get a peice of paper and then let them battle. Then we'll find the true winner.

x_Declaration_x
12-06-2006, 07:20 PM
What do you mean about that?
Well as he has a picture of Diaruga in his signature, and quad means four, ped means legs, Diaruga having four legs...

Just figure =/

I prefer Parukia, but i'm not sure about a battle.

It could be like a Groudon vs Kyogre thing, where Kyogre's water could defeat him easy, however Groudon can learn solar beam, and if he was sent out second, his sunny day would be in effect...

But anyway, i'm not sure :P

x

SteelArson
12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
lets all show are respect for the better of the two

Di-a-ru-ga

Di-a-ru-ga

1) steel/dragon is pwnage
2) it has 150 spattk
3) it looks better
4) its for pkmn diamon which has scizor innit

Yeah! Darugia is just a stupid puppy with armor on.

and diaruga isn't a stupid puppy with armour, its a pwnage blue metal wolf and parukia is just a wanna be

mistdragon
12-15-2006, 11:55 PM
lets all show are respect for the better of the two

Di-a-ru-ga

Di-a-ru-ga

1) steel/dragon is pwnage
2) it has 150 spattk
3) it looks better
4) its for pkmn diamon which has scizor innit

and diaruga isn't a stupid puppy with armour, its a pwnage blue metal wolf and parukia is just a wanna be
Stop flaming Parukia...-_-

Eitherways, both can win each other. It has been designed like that ever since the release of Ho-Oh and Lugia. So relax.

Pikachu_Oi
12-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Diaruga, just because I don't like Parukia because his neck is too long and his head is too small and his face looks pushed in. :goofy: :surp: :tongue:

Elmo's Heaven!!
12-27-2006, 03:51 AM
both

Xehanort
12-27-2006, 02:29 PM
diaruga in my opnion he is the one and most people think so ^.^
Considering Parukia's Space Break and Diaruga's Time Roar, Diaruga would probably win.
Parukia's Space Break is Dragon type (the dragon equivalent to aeroblast, actually), and Diaruga is Dragon-Steel, making it "regular" effectiveness. Diaruga's Time Roar (dragon equivalent to Hyper Beam) does more damage, and because Parukia is Dragon-Water (or water-dragon, i don't really know) Time Roar is super effective.
Let's say it's Parukia vs. Diaruga. both are Lv.50, and both have 250 HP. Parukia uses SPace Break, slashing Diaruga's HP to 150. Diaruga uses Time Roar, doing 150 HP, knocking Parukia to 100. Next turn, Parukia attacks again with Space Break, knocking Diaruga to 50 HP. If Diaruga has Quick Claw/Salac Berry, He can beat Parukia with Time Roar the next turn.
I overall choose Diaruga :) sorry about that long speech.

Elmo's Heaven!!
12-27-2006, 09:33 PM
no actualky it was worth it

Holy_Crusafix
12-29-2006, 08:02 AM
I don't think it really maters, because missingno would pwn them both:hungry:

Alienshroom
01-08-2007, 12:21 AM
I like Dinosaurs and Parukia is the closest to one plus his type owns so Parukia owns all in my book.

Deathlunar
01-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Diaruga. He looks better, and he's a combination of Steel and Dragon types. My two favourite types.

Hypocrisy is Fun
01-09-2007, 01:11 PM
This is like asking Ho-oh vs Lugia, everyone has opinions, meaning that neither win.

D Brown
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Parukia is pink. That is enough to determine who wins out of the 2. LOL!!!:crackup:

Elmo's Heaven!!
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Parukia is pink. That is enough to determine who wins out of the 2. LOL!!!:crackup:
Go to freaking hell.

Well, when I get Pearl, I say Parukia. PINK!!!

I also love Diaruga. BLUE!!!

frondew
01-10-2007, 03:17 AM
i like blue better and i think diaruga looks kooler so yeah, im buyin diamond, o and here is are the links for

Diaruga (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/483.shtml)

and

Parukia (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/484.shtml)

can som1 tell me how u get the legendary shinies, is it just a really small chance or is there somethin 2 it

D Brown
01-10-2007, 07:33 AM
Go to freaking hell.

Well, when I get Pearl, I say Parukia. PINK!!!

I also love Diaruga. BLUE!!!

Ok. Someone is abusing their authority. I posted a "Sigh" to this post. My sigh got erased but this post didn't. She told me to go to hell. Wow. :susp: :susp: :susp: That makes no sense. But your a girl so I guess you got some ties in her seeing that most boys online will doing anything for something with Girl/Female next to it.

Any way its a pink Legendary that looks like it fell down the damn stairs and its face got smashed in. And pink is not freighting. My Ice pokemon will laugh when they come out of the pokeball and see a big pink dragon..:happy: :smile: :biggrin: :crackup: :tongue:

Furyflame
01-11-2007, 03:43 AM
Ok. Someone is abusing their authority. I posted a "Sigh" to this post. My sigh got erased but this post didn't. She told me to go to hell. Wow. :susp: :susp: :susp: That makes no sense. But your a girl so I guess you got some ties in her seeing that most boys online will doing anything for something with Girl/Female next to it.

Any way its a pink Legendary that looks like it fell down the damn stairs and its face got smashed in. And pink is not freighting. My Ice pokemon will laugh when they come out of the pokeball and see a big pink dragon..:happy: :smile: :biggrin: :crackup: :tongue:
Diaruga + Parukia = a dead Parukia.....simple math

Haunted Cereal Box
01-11-2007, 11:03 PM
i would be happy with either of them

Psycho__Ryan
04-03-2007, 01:24 AM
Why is everyone ruting for the turkey tail?!?!?Besides, Parukia can learn Flamethrower and Fire blast wich can take out diaruga. Also, Besides Parukia's GIANT feet and Diaruga's Turkey tail and enlarged cranium they ar both awsome. Then they team up with Giritina to destoy all people who think Legendaries are for wimps.

Legendary Wolf
04-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Why is everyone ruting for the turkey tail?!?!?Besides, Parukia can learn Flamethrower and Fire blast wich can take out diaruga. Also, Besides Parukia's GIANT feet and Diaruga's Turkey tail and enlarged cranium they ar both awsome. Then they team up with Giritina to destoy all people who think Legendaries are for wimps.

I like Dialga better since it can PWN but im getting Pearl first since legendaries never appealed to me

Psycho__Ryan
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
I like Dialga better since it can PWN but im getting Pearl first since legendaries never appealed to me

Aslong as you do not call them wimps.

Venusaur456
04-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Dialga would beat Parkia for sure since he's steel.

mjb4991
04-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I would rather diaruga because it controls time. Parrukia controls space.:tongue:
Parukia name is cooler though.

spr bhav
04-08-2007, 03:24 PM
* i agree with your aggresiveness and palkia =3 *

The Jr Trainer
04-08-2007, 03:25 PM
i dont use legendareies

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-08-2007, 03:29 PM
They're like Lugia and Ho-Oh to me...

I love them both, but Lugia more.

I love both the new ones, Dialga more.

mjb4991
04-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I think steel/dragon is better.

charmeleonblaze
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I think steel/dragon is better.

Yeah, steel/dragon has gotta be my fave dual type.

Alienshroom
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Ya Dailga and his Turkey tail dont stand a chance aganst Palkia Palkia Owns get used to it Turkey Fans

Espeon EX
04-08-2007, 05:17 PM

It's because they like it. You can't mess around with peoples opinion and so goes with everyone who is yelling at us thinking that something is better!!

@T-rex- Hey, just because someone likes Dialga, doesn't mean you can't make fun of us!!

@everyone who is using big letters and is bragging about palkia- You don't have to use big words, you don't need to post more than once, the more you brag about it, the more trouble you bget.

also, using big letters is bad, someone can report you for that, you don't have to make fun of the ones you don't like, keep it in your mind!!

It's also not a big deal, I think Giratina is better than the both put together. If someone says, "I like dialga more than palkia cause it's cooler." doesn't mean you can just argue about it, it's consider a flame war.

I bet you palkia fans would get mad if I said that palkia's fat. XD hehe.

K-Oniichan
04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Diaruga, just cause I'm getting Diamond..

KO

charmeleonblaze
04-08-2007, 07:10 PM
DIALGA DOES NOT HAVE A TURKEY TAIL!!!! That so called turkey tail is on his back! Look farther for the tail!

AzureSky
04-08-2007, 08:59 PM
It seems that everyone chooses Dialga/Palkia just because of their appearances. IMO that is not a good reason to why one of them is better, at least there are people here who can take the time to give a good reason to why it is better than the other. Anyways, everyone is entitled to their opinion so I really can't say anything.

Both legendaries (actually every pokemon) are made to balance in each other out (read NP's interview with GameFreak) so that player's will get a chance to be different and have a unique style of battling/playing. Some of you have to look at what moves Dialga/Palkia can learn while leveling and what they can learn through TMs and HMs. (Are you guys forgetting Protein, Iron, Calcium, Carbos, Zinc, Iron, HP UP? Those can help with the stats. How about the berries? Items like.. Leftovers? Shell bell?)

It all goes down to how you use them, you can't really depend on power to win.

For me, I pick neither. I don't think neither one is better than the other. I love both equally. My opinion will probably change when I get Diamond. Heh heh.

:oops: :signhuh:

Steven
04-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I already have a Dragon/Water type : Kingdra. I don't need another really. I'm going with you-know-who.

Caecity
04-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Err I don't like either of them I'm not a big Uuber fan or any Legendary fan.

Alienshroom
04-09-2007, 12:24 AM
It's because they like it. You can't mess around with peoples opinion and so goes with everyone who is yelling at us thinking that something is better!!

@T-rex- Hey, just because someone likes Dialga, doesn't mean you can't make fun of us!!

@everyone who is using big letters and is bragging about palkia- You don't have to use big words, you don't need to post more than once, the more you brag about it, the more trouble you bget.

also, using big letters is bad, someone can report you for that, you don't have to make fun of the ones you don't like, keep it in your mind!!

It's also not a big deal, I think Giratina is better than the both put together. If someone says, "I like dialga more than palkia cause it's cooler." doesn't mean you can just argue about it, it's consider a flame war.

I bet you palkia fans would get mad if I said that palkia's fat. XD hehe.

I see you often saying that "Dailgas better than Palkia, Better Stats etc" Your spaming Lies Dailga and Palkias stats are = Just cause you like Turkey pokemon dont mean cool pokemon are dumb.
@ Charmeloenblaze Its a Turkey Tail.

charmeleonblaze
04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I see you often saying that "Dailgas better than Palkia, Better Stats etc" Your spaming Lies Dailga and Palkias stats are = Just cause you like Turkey pokemon dont mean cool pokemon are dumb.
@ Charmeloenblaze Its a Turkey Tail.

It looks like it,:goofy: but its not the actual tail, duh.

Alienshroom
04-09-2007, 12:57 AM
It looks like it,:goofy: but its not the actual tail, duh.

He has two tails, kinda like Ninetails has ninetails.

charmeleonblaze
04-09-2007, 01:08 AM
He has two tails, kinda like Ninetails has ninetails.

Wow, it's actually a tail?:rolleyes: You were right about it being a turkey tail then.

Alienshroom
04-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Wow, it's actually a tail?:rolleyes: You were right about it being a turkey tail then.

What else would it be you tell me?

Psycho__Ryan
04-09-2007, 01:18 AM
I decided I will change my mind. Giratina is way cooler, I mean, he's Dragon/Ghost!!!!! The it's Parukia, then it's Heatran, then it's Diaruga.

charmeleonblaze
04-09-2007, 01:20 AM
What else would it be you tell me?

I thought they were just like spikes or some kinda desighn on his back.

Piplup123
04-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Uh..I hope Palkia wins because I'm gettin' Pearl and I also think that being a Water/Dragon
helps it a little.:oops: :biggrin:

Piplup123
04-09-2007, 03:48 AM
I think at LV.100,a Palkia would go first and cause early damage against a LV.100 Dialga ( No offense to you Dialga lovers ) :biggrin:

Bloody TC
04-09-2007, 04:01 AM
Don't double post just hit the edit button on the bottom right.

Anyways I think Palkia is better but diamond is a better game imo because you get tyranitar and Rampardos which have awesome attack (Rampardos 471!).

Also Piplup123, Palkia would go first.

mootixguy
04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I prefer Dialga. He probably isn't the best, I think Space Break is better than Time Roar, but here are my reasons:

1. Looks cooler. Palkia looks... lame.
2. Controlling time is cooler than controlling space!
3. Steel/Dragon, unlike Water/Dragon, is a brand new type combo!

Yeah. And that's why my priority will be Diamond instead of Pearl.