PDA

View Full Version : If/when you get Diamond/Pearl, are you gonna train like crazy???

Elmo's Heaven!!
11-28-2006, 09:19 PM
WHEN I get my Diamond Version, yes, I will train like crazy. One of the only reasons why I will do that because I want to get used to the idea of the Physical/Special split of the moves. I did the same in Emerald, to get used to the types of the pokemon.

SiberianTiger
11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Maybe but chances are I'll just be testing it out, seeing what works, and what to use for certain situations.

~Isaiah

Fire Pkmn Master
11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Who wouldnt. If you dont then what are you going to do if everyone has like all there pokemon leveled up to 100 and you like at lvl 70 or something. XD
I know i would.

Nasty Plasty
11-28-2006, 09:27 PM
I'd just breeze through the game. When I beat the E4 and get the National Dex, I'll EV train and stuff.

Lord Voldemort
11-28-2006, 09:42 PM
yes I am. Kind of off topic though, but I think that after D/P comes out, not that many people will do netbattle anymore,except for RSEFRLGGSCRBYG battles. (that was long :oops: )

Elmo's Heaven!!
11-28-2006, 09:44 PM
yes I am. Kind of off topic though, but I think that after D/P comes out, not that many people will do netbattle anymore,except for RSEFRLGGSCRBYG battles. (that was long :oops: )
Well, mostly the people that don't have a DS.

Lucky Flareon
11-28-2006, 09:55 PM
When I get it, I will probably play it for a couple days straight, beat the game, and then train gradually.

Quillz
11-29-2006, 12:22 AM
WHEN I get my Diamond Version, yes, I will train like crazy. One of the only reasons why I will do that because I want to get used to the idea of the Physical/Special split of the moves. I did the same in Emerald, to get used to the types of the pokemon.
Not at all. I will have an in-game team just for the first few gyms, then trade over my EV trained Pokémon from the ROMs and Emerald and breeze through the rest of the game.

Legendary Wolf
11-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Not at all. I will have an in-game team just for the first few gyms, then trade over my EV trained Pokémon from the ROMs and Emerald and breeze threw the rest of the game.

Im just going to go through the game leveling up and evolving my pokemon

Shadow From The Deep
11-29-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm going to level up like crazy then beat the game. My pokemon are going to be mad strong.

T r I p L e x
11-29-2006, 06:21 AM
ill probly do what was said before and get good enough pokes for the E4 and then Ev and train up after all that is done.

Holy_Crusafix
12-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm going to train and do pokedex things. My friends will probably do the same (if they get d/p) I want to get to lvl 100 with good EVs because alot of people will be doing that and I want to make them think twice before fighting me.:rolleyes:

Lord Voldemort
12-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Its a lot better now with out netbattle, because now, not every single, say tyrannitar cant have 101 HP subs and that stuff. And like they cant all have a favorable HP x

Beseitigen
12-02-2006, 09:23 PM
in the game i'll probably train minimally and just go for the pokemon i want

but on netbattle, i'll actually think and "strategize"

Tory vs Meaty II
12-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Do they have natures on D/P?

Lord Voldemort
12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Do they have natures on D/P?

Yep. There was actually a rumor that they would have 2 new natures, but to no avail.

STORMTROOPER X
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Don't know. I'll wing the game as it goes:cool: .

mistdragon
12-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Yep. There was actually a rumor that they would have 2 new natures, but to no avail.
2? No there are TONS of new Natures with unconfirmed effects.

Anyway, I already bought my DSLite, waiting for my Pearl. I also EV-trained a Milotic and Aerodactyl, ready to transfer it to Pearl! I will probably EV-train Pokemon like... Houndoom? I want one in my D/P too.

*However, the new Special/Physical kind of affect my current movesets for Houndoom... T_T

Espeon EX
12-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Yep once i get the game I'm gonna catch pokemon like crazy and train them like 5 levels above usual.

mistdragon
12-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Yep once i get the game I'm gonna catch pokemon like crazy and train them like 5 levels above usual.
Erm, what do you mean by 5 Levels above usual? Level 105? Lol... anyways, I think everyone will rush through the game once, then restart to have the 'feel' of the Storyline. Or maybe start slow...

Espeon EX
12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
No like you know how the gym leaders and the pokemon trainers pokemon. I'll train them like 5 levels higher than theirs.

rufus6june
12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Generally I wont. Ill play like crazy but I want my pokemon to all be at the same level and keep them lower.

Poltergeist
12-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Training in the wild is so boring. I never do so unless it is absoulutely necessary.

Espeon EX
12-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Well not in the beginning because it's easy to gain levels and it's fun. I can even train mine that i can beat the 3rd gym and have no badges.

Blue-
12-10-2006, 03:35 AM
Yeah, it is kind of boring to train... But I'll probably speed through the game until I get to the elite four... Then start over and think about training... I don't know. Lately I haven't been playing video games... I guess I'm getting older...

falore
12-12-2006, 05:06 AM
I'll probbaly buy both play one quickly then do the other one slow so I can trade over and get the pokemon that you would normally have to get to a certain point to get.:eh:

SteelArson
12-15-2006, 06:32 PM
i dont think im gona need to train for the phsy/sp attack change cos iv'e been looking at the stuff on serebii and it looks sort of easy, and iv'e planned out my scizors moveset already, i havn't even got it yet, and im still gona need to get the nat dex first, lol

im probaly gona do what i normaly do and train my pokemon to certain levels befor i move on , so like train to lvl 8 and 7 for my other pokes at first few routs ect.

mistdragon
12-16-2006, 12:02 AM
i dont think im gona need to train for the phsy/sp attack change cos iv'e been looking at the stuff on serebii and it looks sort of easy, and iv'e planned out my scizors moveset already, i havn't even got it yet, and im still gona need to get the nat dex first, lol

im probaly gona do what i normaly do and train my pokemon to certain levels befor i move on , so like train to lvl 8 and 7 for my other pokes at first few routs ect.
Lol. But if you check closely, many moves are now changed to the Special/Physical factor. Common Pokemon like Snorlax, Alakazam, Blissey and the likes are all affected by the new change.

But I like the new change. Lol.