PDA

View Full Version : whats happening to my saving!!!!!!

my little gengar
11-29-2006, 01:47 AM
ive finally managed to win an auction on trademe to get a new charger for my game boy advance sp so i can play my gsc and rby games but when i go to play silver i start a new game and save and turn off later with a quilava and pidgeotto then i turn it on again the next day and it doesnt come up with continue game!! only new game!! now i cant save!!!! ive tried it heaps it just wont save does anyone now how to fix or know:eek: s the cause of this???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lucky Flareon
11-29-2006, 01:50 AM
Your game is basically messed up. My blue version did the same thing and it's been like that for 6ish years now.

my little gengar
11-29-2006, 01:54 AM
can i do anything about it??:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Lucky Flareon
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM
can i do anything about it??:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Not that I know of. If you really wanted to play Silver, I would reccomend going somewhere where they have used games and looking for one.

my little gengar
11-29-2006, 01:56 AM
oh well ty anyway

Wiitonii
11-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Ah yes, the imfamous battery death.

Your games internal batteries have died, so they cannot hold their save files anymore. I managed to restore my Gold's battery by leaving the game in my SP, on a new file (you need to make your name and everything and get to the overworld map) and stick it in the charger for about 3 or 4 days. You must leave the game on.

my little gengar
11-29-2006, 02:09 AM
:eh: would it help if i bought a new rechargeable battery?

Wiitonii
11-29-2006, 02:14 AM
:eh: would it help if i bought a new rechargeable battery?

For your game? Or for your SP?

I just left my game on at the beginning of the game, saved, and put the charger on my SP, and let it sit for 3 days. I turned it off, waited 10 minutes, and the file was still there. Basically you just keep your SP charged, when attached to a charger the SP has an infinite amount of energy.

Kert
11-29-2006, 10:28 AM
The exact same thing happened to my gold version :sad: It gave me a little scare and now Im starting to wounder how long it is until it happens to my other games :confused:

Lucky Flareon
11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
The exact same thing happened to my gold version :sad: It gave me a little scare and now Im starting to wounder how long it is until it happens to my other games :confused:
I wouldn't worry about it happening to your other games too much. It only happened to one of mine, and it was pretty old to begin with.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Happened to my Silver version. I think it depends how much you played them. I played Silver a lot less than Gold and Crystal, and Silver was the first to go. I'm pretty sure the games from Ruby/Sapphire onwards are alright, but it's Gold, Silver and Crystal that have the problems.

I just left my game on at the beginning of the game, saved, and put the charger on my SP, and let it sit for 3 days. I turned it off, waited 10 minutes, and the file was still there. Basically you just keep your SP charged, when attached to a charger the SP has an infinite amount of energy.
My friend tried that, but he said it didn't work. I'm going to give it a try though, I don't want to lose my Celebi if it can be helped =(

Elmo's Heaven!!
11-29-2006, 09:31 PM
For your game? Or for your SP?

Hmm, that sounds really convincing. I should try that!!

Wiitonii
11-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh yeah, it seems if your game freezes then you will have to reset it to a new file again and save it. When it freezes, the battery inside the game stops recharging.

!CeMAn
12-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Your game is gone.
Why are people entertaining the idea of saving it??

Holy_Crusafix
12-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Your game is gone.

because maybe there is a way of saving it:question:

Wiitonii
12-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Your game is gone.

You can't save the save files you lost, but you can make it so you can save again without the need to open your game up.

Tory vs Meaty II
12-02-2006, 09:08 PM
There is an Game Shark code to restore your memory back.:happy:

my little gengar
12-15-2006, 03:22 AM
erm...ok..wiitonii's idea abput leaving the game n for like 4 days is a little far-fetched but my game saves now, except theres a problem every 3rd time i save i cant ger back on my save because it says its corrupted!! this is really strange!!

death_metal_lawn_gnome
12-15-2006, 10:36 AM
that sucks bud, my silver did the same thing, wich was most inconvenient

Shady
12-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Heh... same thing happened to my Silver. I have started playing Gold and Crystal a bit more now.. I don't want to lose my progress on those as well.

my little gengar
12-16-2006, 09:58 PM
i hate internal whatchamijiggers.......:goofy: