PDA

View Full Version : Image Hosting

Shael
03-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I need some help. I recently made a banner but I have nowhere to host it. Every free hosting site I go (uploadit, imagestation, villagephotos, etc.) have some kind of problem, for example my banner is too large, or they don't allow direct linking.

Does the size have something to do with it being a Photoshop image? Because it's actually kinda small in width/length size, but the file size is 278KB. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! =)

pichu is cool
03-08-2004, 12:16 AM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I need some help. I recently made a banner but I have nowhere to host it. Every free hosting site I go (uploadit, imagestation, villagephotos, etc.) have some kind of problem, for example my banner is too large, or they don't allow direct linking.

Does the size have something to do with it being a Photoshop image? Because it's actually kinda small in width/length size, but the file size is 278KB. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! =)talk to neo pikachu, i think he can help you

Umbreon_Trainer
03-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Try www.Walagata.com (http://www.Walagata.com), It's a pretty good hosting site.

boltAge
03-08-2004, 08:08 AM
;-0

http://angelfire.com
http://freewebs.com

those are pretty good sites.

or else, you can just attach your picture in one of your posts here, and use the url of the picture. this forum provides hosting and nobody realises that ^^

Shael
03-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I've also tried those suggestions...

Freewebs: It doesn't upload for some reason.
Angelfire: It uploads but the linking doesn't work (which makes sense, because I thought angelfire doesnt allow direct linking. I could be wrong though.)
Walagata: It always says the new member thing has been filled for the day.
Also I can't attach it to the post, because it's a .psd file (I believe), so it's invalid.

=(

gamevoid
03-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I've also tried those suggestions...

Freewebs: It doesn't upload for some reason.
Angelfire: It uploads but the linking doesn't work (which makes sense, because I thought angelfire doesnt allow direct linking. I could be wrong though.)
Walagata: It always says the new member thing has been filled for the day.
Also I can't attach it to the post, because it's a .psd file (I believe), so it's invalid.

=(
Um send it to me by e-mail Ill host it for you Angelfire lets me host anything but with angelfire to have them host pics you have to reaname its as "nameoffile.jpeg" and they'll host it.

Shael
03-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Currently it's a .psd file, and when I view the page on angelfire, for some reason it just serves as a download. Then I tried naming it .jpeg but the picture didn't show..

EDIT: Oh OK, thanks gamevoid, I thought I had to name the online file .jpeg. I guess I just misread =/

Anyways, that helped a lot, now my angelfire account lets me host it =)

Thanks all!!

Missingno mystery
03-09-2004, 12:30 PM
or else, you can just attach your picture in one of your posts here, and use the url of the picture. this forum provides hosting and nobody realises that ^^Really? Let me try:
WHAT!?!.....FILES TO LARGE!!!! MY *** They are!!!!!!!!! Oh well, dosen't work, thats that!

gamevoid
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Currently it's a .psd file, and when I view the page on angelfire, for some reason it just serves as a download. Then I tried naming it .jpeg but the picture didn't show..

EDIT: Oh OK, thanks gamevoid, I thought I had to name the online file .jpeg. I guess I just misread =/

Anyways, that helped a lot, now my angelfire account lets me host it =)

Thanks all!!Welcome

padman
11-10-2006, 01:52 PM
deffinitaly freewebs

SuperNova
11-10-2006, 02:07 PM
What. The. Heck.

Just put it here at imageshack.us .

Then make a text file to put all of your image links. ^^,

Missingno mystery
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
OMFG, Padman you are bad!
You just managed to revive a 2 year old thread! I suggest you read the rules, and stay out of the old pages.
And as a note, newbies, you can no longer use image attachments here.

SuperNova
11-10-2006, 02:16 PM
What the-

This was 2 years old? o.O

Never noticed. p(-.-'p)

TVTMaster
11-10-2006, 02:41 PM
deffinitaly freewebs
Not only have you revived tw year+ old threads in a row, but Freewebs is a site hoster, not an image hoster per se. And while I'm at it, your friend in the RP was wrong about Kyogre's typing. It's just water.

*reported*

Shadow Eevee
11-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Try this www.imageshack.us. It works for me.

Matt
11-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Just stop posting in a 2 year old thread. Stop.