PDA

View Full Version : How did these games change your opinion on Pokemon?

SunshineWingull
12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
How did it change your opinion on Pokemon. I'll give you my reason later... I want to hear two first.

Leman
12-03-2006, 10:46 PM
uh well they were the first and i hadn't heard about them untill i got yellow for my birthday

Hoshika
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
I thought the Pokémon said their names. Then I heard them make those weird noises in Crystal, so I thought they hummed and stuff. Then I watched one episode and it changed back. @_@

Anyways, I heard that the Pokémon didn't move at all and that they were boring (thy quoth a Pokémon hater). Then I got Crystal, and I found out they COULD move. And they had feelings. Sorta.

EmBreon
12-04-2006, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't say they changed it. They made it. I had no opinion until I played. :wink:

Lucky Flareon
12-04-2006, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't say they changed it. They made it. I had no opinion until I played. :wink:
Exactly. Well, the commercial with the school bus driver who gets all the Pokemon the the bus made me want to buy the game.

T r I p L e x
12-04-2006, 05:33 AM
ya my opinion is that these games made me feel in control and just the concept of catching and training sounded cool

mistdragon
12-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I love this kind of games in which you get to Battle, Breed, Train, Contest blah blah...

When I had R/B/Y versions I knew I would love Pokemon therefore - my impression for it just gets better and better! (Looks at the D/P Versions.)

Aipom
12-04-2006, 05:42 PM
well my cousin got me into it and i watched every season of pokemon all the movies and when g/s/c came out with those graphics i just became more addicated

DragonShadow
12-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I got it cause everyone else in my class had it...and now I'm the only one (that I know of) still playing, lol.:smile:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Same here.

I'd never heard of Pokemon before I played the game, so Red and Blue got me into the whole thing.

Elmo's Heaven!!
12-05-2006, 09:38 PM
How did what change my opinion on what?

Hoshika
12-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I got it cause everyone else in my class had it...and now I'm the only one (that I know of) still playing, lol.:smile:

Ditto. XD

I saw the Pokémon Ranger commercial with Pikachu in it. Wish it was real. =P

charmeleonblaze
12-08-2006, 12:00 AM
It made me think higher of them. I loved doing all the glitches.

Lifetimeban
12-08-2006, 06:05 AM
It was the first RPG I played.
I expected it to be like the pokemon TV show when I got it...
and it made me think of the TV show differently.

Spinner
12-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Well, I saw the anime before I got the game -- the game didn't change my opinion of pokemon, but I think it's what made me continue to like pokemon today. It just sort of built up on my like of pokemon, if that makes sense....:smile:

Holy_Crusafix
12-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Before I actually played or watched pokemon, I hated it. I then bought blue version and i was instantly hooked. I've been playing pokemon ever since. I still hate the anime though.:susp:

Megani
12-23-2006, 09:59 PM
when i was about 7, i hated pokemon. i got the game red, and my brother taught me a lot of stuff about it, i eventually became interested. maybe this is a similar story for anyone else?:eh:

Juveline-Addictions
12-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Do you want me to be honest? {And I remember this. I have bad memory for some things, but remarkable memory for others.}

I watched Pokémon since I was four years old. 1997. I remember that the first episode I ever watched was the third, the first time it aired at about 5:00 or so. {I was in Brazil back then. I think it aired at a later year there.} I was in the back of my mother's store, and I remember myself screaming and telling my mother about the cool cartoon I watched.

And I've liked Pokémon ever since. And my mother. She'd pick me up from school and we would go home, and watch Pokémon everyday. I still remember that my mother and I cried at the episode in which Ash wanted to leave Pikachu with the little Pikachu village/group. Pokémon gave me fond memories.

Then the games came out. A good family friend was the owner of a video game store, and he let us buy, not only a Game Boy Colour for half off, he also let us have a Pokémon game for free. I think they already had Gold and Silver out, as well as Red, Green, and Yellow.

I chose a yellow Game Boy Colour, and the Yellow game. I haven't parted with the game ever since. I suppose I was already very fond of Pokémon already, but I think I became even more fond of it when I played the game. It made me respect it much more. Also, it taught me how to take care of a pet, somehow. >_>

Sorry for the novel. ^^;;

death_metal_lawn_gnome
12-30-2006, 06:37 PM
i played red version first, but i hated it cuz i had no idea what to do, i remember i got pokeballs in viridian before i shut it off, then i saw the anime and decided to by blue version, before long i was battleing my middle school chums lol, and getting smashed by lvl 100 porygons.

DratiniLover
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
After playing the early pokemon games, I became more intrested in Pokemon.

Calypso
12-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Well, my big sister and big cousin got me in to it. They used to battle each other with their red and blue games, untill one day they let me and my other cousin start an adventure on it. We got really into it and used to battle each other when we were only 6 years old XP. I had a rattata that I never evolved and she had a pidgey. Thats the only pokemon we would raise XD. My big sister, my cousin( the one I used to battle) and me are still into pokemon but my other cousin doesn't really bother about it anymore. I still love rattata as that was the first pokemon I ever knew about and raised XP

Shozuka
01-13-2007, 03:26 AM
When Red,Blue, and Yellow came out I thought it was okay. Then I started to watch the anime and I loved it! I stopped watching Pokemon but I still play the games.