PDA

View Full Version : --Story Writing Competition: Summer Edition--

Jack of Clovers
07-03-2004, 08:00 AM
It's that time of year again, July. That means the authors bust out the best stuff to win the story capture competition. So all you URPG members that have been waiting for this, time to post that story. And for those new members, check this out.

-July 1 through July 31
Any stories posted during that time interval are eligable for this competition. None before or after that date will be allowed. There is no exception. There will be a time after July first for all stories posted in that time to be graded and give people the chance to read them.

-Only URPG members are allowed to participate, duh. :goofy:

-You can write as many stories as you want buy you may only submit one story for the competition. Also, your story MUST be graded to capture at least 1 Pokemon to qualify.

The prizes:

Winner- The legendary of his/her choice that is not already taken. You also get $10,000.
Second Place- $5,000.
Third Place- $2,000
Everyone else: A nice shiny participation pin :cool:

The current winner is Jack whom has chosen Articuno for his legendary. Do you dare to take that from him? Do ya, huh, huh? Good luck.

-Voting-
You will vote for the top 5 stories you like, not voting for yourself. Every person who sends in the complete vote will recieve $3000. This will take place later and more info will be given at that time. The more people voting, the better the outcome.

If your story is ready, just post the title and link and I'll edit into this post to make a list of entries. Also, please post in this thread any question you might have concerning the competition.

------------------------------------------------------
Entries:

-Fair
The Pellet Town Chronicles #3: The Reality Story (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2993)
-Neo Pikachu
Parts of the System (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3079)
-mlugia
I'm Hungry (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2609) (second story)
-Vellyvell
The Real Story of the Chosen One (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2630)
-DragonmasterDan
A Solar Engagement (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2987)
-Aleyquala
CH.4 Psychic Fighters (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=728&page=3)
-JT
One Way or Another (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3040)
-Killik
Psychic Showdown (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3110)
-Dap
John’s Journey in Johto: CH.7&8 (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3041&page=2&pp=15)
-DarkLuddico
{he has two, dunno which he wants to enter....}

[Fair]
07-03-2004, 08:39 AM
FINALLY! IT HAS BEGUN!

Grrr... I came so close last time with my Superhero Story... SO CLOSE! Heh, you won't win this time, Jack! I'm confident that my "Reality Story" will go all the way! :silly:

But now that this is official, I better finish it up! :wink:

Tamer San
07-03-2004, 09:56 AM
I better finish my story!!! *goes to writting*

Scorch Ry
07-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Order: I would like to enter once I get done with my story. But, if anyone wins and chooses a legendary, are they allowed to use it in the URPG all year around, even during the war?

Hazy
07-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Jack, since I think I may actually try my chops at one of these tournaments for once, I have a question. When you say that you may enter as many stories as possible, but only one may be judged, what if it is a on-going story with multiple chapters and multiple Pokemon captures? Would that qualify as one or more and, if it counts as more, would you simply pick one chapter? That'll help resolve somethings and help me get started. Thanks.

P.S. I graded the winning story last time....so back off, I'm doing it again. :wink:

Jack of Clovers
07-03-2004, 09:46 PM
yes, you can use the legendary until the next competition unless the winner wins again. basically if you keep winning, you keep the legendary longer. and if a new winner is chosen, the previous winner loses their legendary.
since this war season is different, i'd have to clarify if legendaries from the URPG could be used.
-----------------
once you catch a Pokemon, that is the story. so you write a chapter, get it captured, write another chapter after that and get another capture... those are two different stories and you can only enter one of them.

~Jack~

[Fair]
07-21-2004, 07:34 AM
*Phew*
I'm done... I'm finally done... Almost a week early, too. All ten posts of my story are up, special features and all... Put me on that list, Lep. You better believe I'm going to enter this sucker... :wink:

Scorch Ry
07-25-2004, 08:48 PM
I'll be entering my story, Strong Kingdom Heart, on July 31 exactly. Will it be okay if we can capture two pokemon in this story? I would love to capture pokemon in a double-battle, since those battles are my specialty. :cool:

But I have a question...since we MUST capture a Pokemon in the fic for it to be qualified, if we capture the Pokemon, it is officially ours in the URPG?

Jack of Clovers
07-25-2004, 10:33 PM
well, if you enter ur fic too late and the graders decide it's a no capture, you can't enter the story. i'd say to post it as soon as you can.
also, yes, you keep the Pokemon. :tongue:

~Jack~

Scorch Ry
07-25-2004, 10:41 PM
Fine...since I only have 5 days, I'll try to type as much as I can everyday...so expect it to be a long, wonderful story that I've planned out. At least I'm putting on the Prologue in a few minutes...^_^ :silly:

Neo Emolga
07-28-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm officially submitting Part Of The System (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3079) as my contest entry.

Thank you.

Raddstealth316
07-31-2004, 09:56 PM
WOOT! I finally finished my story. :razz:

Here it is: John's Journey in Johto (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3041)

Scorch Ry
07-31-2004, 10:03 PM
It's not fair! I didn't finish in time! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Anyways, good luck to everyone and Dap, I'll get to your story right now. Thank goodness I'm almost done reading the whole thing...I'll see if you qualify for the capture. ^_^

Raddstealth316
07-31-2004, 10:07 PM
It's not fair! I didn't finish in time! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Anyways, good luck to everyone and Dap, I'll get to your story right now. Thank goodness I'm almost done reading the whole thing...I'll see if you qualify for the capture. ^_^

Er velly already graded it, cause I didn't see you online in time :ermm: but you can give me feedback if you want :ermm:

Jack of Clovers
08-03-2004, 04:53 AM
:razz: days later, so what. blame my internet being down the whole time.

Anyway, as of the end of Saturday, that was the deadline. All stories capable to be entered are posted. If any stories still need to be graded, this week is the time. It is also the time to read the stories and be ready to vote for your TOP 5 Fav's. That will begin Saturday sometime for voting, so be ready that day for voting info.

Any stories graded and with 1 capture can be voted for, even if they don't post to put it into the competition. That's quite a bit of stories, i'll have all the entries listed on Saturday so you know what to vote for. Until then.

*edit- all entries are listed.

~Jack~

Jack of Clovers
08-04-2004, 04:03 AM
ok, change of heart. lets start voting.

Send me a PM with "{SWC} Votes!" in the title.
Then, you will list your top 5 favorite stories. (1=first ... 5=last)
Scores are as followed:
1- 5 pts
2- 4 pts
3- 3 pts
4- 2 pts
5- 1 pt

The person with the most points wins. Simple. Every person who sends me a complete vote will recieve $3000 when the winner is announced.
*When voting, do it for the best story, not ur friend. Play fair, be fair.

Next week Tuesday night is the deadline for votes. Wednesday the winner will be posted here. The more people that vote, the better. Please read as many stories as you can before voting.

~Jack~

[Fair]
08-09-2004, 05:11 AM
Lep's PM box is currently full - he can't recieve any PMs that you try to send him until he fixes this problem...

So, until then, please send your votes to me!

boltAge
08-09-2004, 05:15 AM
You do realise there are only 4 stories, right? So nobody can submit a complete vote ._.

Scorch Ry
08-09-2004, 04:32 PM
~Aleyquala~

You know, Raik does have a point there. Actually, there is only three stories, which are by Neo Pikachu, Dap and Fair. If you're including mine, I didn't manage to make a capture with Altaria, because I was very busy. So, with only three choices, we can't make a full vote.

[Fair]
08-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Now, I can see your points - only 3 people took the time to officially enter their stories into the contest, (Dap, Neo And Myself), but, there were alot more stories that qualified. So, Lep went ahead and entered those, too.

For example, Aleyquala, the fourth chapter of your story qualifies because you successfully captured a Pokémon in it during the month of July. The entire story may not be done yet, but since you got a capture, that one chapter does.

So, really, there's more than 5 stories to vote for...

Scorch Ry
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
~Aleyquala~

Alright, which story are you talking about? You are referring to Critical Advanced Battles, correct? I don't know about Strong Kingdom Heart, I guess I'll just hold out into the finals of the year. ^_^

[Fair]
08-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Critical Advanced Battles, Chapter Four...

(Have you seen Lep's edited first post? o_O)

Scorch Ry
08-09-2004, 05:42 PM
~Aleyquala~

Wow...I actually have a chance, although I might lose...I wish that I would of brought Chapter 3 on July 1st...-_-

Jack of Clovers
08-10-2004, 04:17 AM
wow, it actally says the message can't be sent because of a full box? lol. that's crazy. :goofy:

anyway, my box is pretty full, i got rid of some but im sure other messages wil be sent to me. so send them to fair then he can send me one message with all the votes so i can tally them.

and i'll try to get it finished wed. no promise, my internet is down again and im using my backup comp (charges extra the longer im on, so i can't use it much). ill be around when i can.

~Jack~

Jack of Clovers
08-12-2004, 07:50 AM
ok, all votes are in. it's too late, back off. :tongue:
There were a total of 6 voters in all. About the same as last time. I wish there were more... :neutral:

Totals:
Fair- 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
NP- 4, 3, 5, 4
mlugia- 4
Velly- 1, 3, 1, 1, 3
Dan-1, 4, 4
Aley- 2, 2, 2
JT- 3, 1, 2, 2, 2
Killik- 3, 1
Dap- 4, 3

First- Fair (25 pts)
Second- NP (16 pts)
Third- JT (10 pts)
-------

Fair recieves all 5's from every person except for one whom didn't give him a place. He got all 5's last time except for one 4 and barely lost to Jack recieving 5's all around. This time, it gives Fair the win. Congrats to Fair and his hilarious Reality Story.
As promised, the top three get rewards.
Fair- any legendary except Lugia is your choice. also $10,000. please post here to claim your prize.
NP- $5,000
JT- $2,000

*Jack waves farewell to his Articuno* bye. :cool:

Now for the voters, you each get $3,000. you may now pick it up. yay.
{Matthew, Tamer, Nate, Raik, Pikadude, Jack}

Until next time (December), keep those stories coming and always improve for your chance at a Legendary!

~Jack~

Tamer San
08-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Thats kindda unfair, we just voted and got money more than the 3rd placer. :eek:

Anyway *Picks the 3000$ and scram*

Neo Emolga
08-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Eh, I can kinda agree with Tamer regarding the money. Anyway, maybe next time around I should try and write something more amusing. Obviously it works for Fair and I know I can go for it.

Thanks to everyone who read Part of the System and enjoyed it.

*Takes his $5000*

JohtoTrainer
08-12-2004, 05:06 PM
They get more money then me, that's funny lmao.

[Fair]
08-13-2004, 03:02 AM
w00t!

A wise man (Me... :silly:) once said, if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. If you still don't succeed, well, you really screwed something up.

Well, twice I failed, and twice I tried again...and it finally paid off.

I'd like to congratulate my competitors for writing some really great stories. It just wouldn't be a URPG Story Competition without some tough opponents. :wink:

I'd also like to thank the 5 people who voted for me. (As well as everybody else who read my story.) It's cool to know that 6 months of writing and perfecting wasn't for nothing...

And for that one person who didn't vote for me at all... Well,

http://www.monitor.net/monitor/mmoore/bduzi.gif
BOB DOLE IS WATCHING YOU!

Anyhoo, I choose Mewtwo for my Legendary.

Thanks again, everybody! I FINALLY WON! YAAAAAAY!

Remember kids,
WORD TO YOUR MOTHERS!

And,
w00t!