PDA

View Full Version : Eragon: Pokemon Version

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm opening a Roleplay based on Eragon! It's not necessary to have read the book to RP, but it helps.
Also, credit to Christopher Paulini for writing such a great book!

~STORY
A long time ago, in a land called Alagaesia, things were being controled by the evil King Galbatorix and his Dark Salamence ruled the land in an evil way.
It has been this way for over one hundred years, and only a few towns still remain free, such as Carvahall and Therinsford, from Galbatorix's rule. He killed things mercilessly, leaving no more Pokemon Riders. Ah, yes. The Pokemon Riders. They were a group of beings, mainly elves but a few humans, who had the ability to tame pokemon and train them to their advantage.
But that's history now. Galbatorix killed them all, and there is no more hope for Alagaesia anymore. Only a few pokemon, such as the mountain-dwelling Aggrons still exist. They are salvage beings who are all controled by Galbatorix and his Dark Salamence.
But one day, an elf named Arya found a pokemon egg. The last hope. She had no hope of becoming a Pokemon Rider, so she searched everywhere for the true inheriter. She encountered a Shade, a being of darkness, who ambushed her. She was taken to jail to be killed, but she teleported the egg at the last second. For some reason, it duplicated when she teleported into five eggs, each different. No one knew what was inside them, but they were hidden in the forbidden mountain range called The Spine.
Five people from Carvahall and Therinsford found them, not knowing what they were, hoping to sell them for a few crowns, the currency.
They each couldn't make any money from them, so they each kept their own egg. When the day came that they finally hatched, a strange mark appeared on their hands, signaling them that tehy were the newest Riders. They had to save Alagaesia.

~MAP
Here's a map of Alagaesia!:
http://inheritance.wikia.com/images/thumb/4/49/Alagaesia.jpg/650px-Alagaesia.jpg
Everything east of the Hadarac Desert is under Galbatorix's rule, except for Surda. Du Weldenvarden (the forest of the elves), isn't under control of Galbatorix, and neither is the Beor Mountains (home of the dwarves).

~NOTES
*For anyone who read the book, the Aggrons are meant to be Urgals.
*Each RPer can use magic, but I'd prefer that you use your pokemon.
*If anyone is confused, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer your questions about the book.

~RULES
1) When your egg hatches, it may be an evolved pokemon, but please don't make it an uber legendary.
2) Don't god-mod, please. (Anything in Neo Pikachu's guide about RPing (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13613) that says something is god-modding, don't do it)
3) No bunnying without permission.
4) If you join this RP, stick with it.
5) Correct grammar, if you will! I hate seeing this: liek OMG! mi karactr wins da hole tign! OMG!
6) Don't make it unpleasant for other RPers.
7) Enjoy yourself! If you don't like the concept of this RP, don't join!
8) If you decide to join, don't quote this entire post. You won't be accepted if you do, because you clearly didn't read the rules.

~SIGN-UP SHEET
Name: (Self explanitory)
Sex: (Boy or Girl)
Pokemon: (Just one, the one that hatches from your egg)
Personality: (How you act, you can add in your pokemon if you desire [Add a lot of detail, I don't like to see smart, cool, good at battling, that doesn't tell me anything])
Physical Description: (What you look like, you can add your pokemon if you desire)
Other: (Want to add anything else about your character? [Optional])

Here's my sign-up sheet:

Name: Philip

Sex: Male

Pokemon: Charizard

Personality: Philip is pretty upbeat about this whole thing, he can always keep a sense of humor, sometimes a releiver for stress for everyone else. With his sense of humor, he likes to be the leader, but only if he's serious. If he's making jokes the whole way, he'll step down. If people snap at his jokes telling him to shut up, he'll work hard to annoy that one person. If that person persists, he'll turn snappish and you won't want to be around him.
Charizard is one of those "do! do! do!" characters. He wants to be a part of everything, and is willing to risk his life for missions. He won't give up on anything, but he stil has a conscience, and helps others whenever neccesary. He and his rider make a good team.

Physical Description: Philip is about five feet and seven inches tall, has longish hair, and wears a black shirt and a blue jacket. He got both of those for Christmas. Coming from a poor family, his pants are deerskin, but are tight on, and don't look like those Indian-cowboy pants of the American West. He has leather shoes, another gift from Christmas. His skin is pretty pale, he's partly albino. He doesn't have glasses.
Charizard looks like a normal Charizard. Red with two large bat-like wings, two un-sharp horns on his head, a medium sized snout with sharp but small teeth. His tail is long and powerful-looking with a flame at the end. His body is a little fat, but he is always lean and quick.

Whew! Now that that's out of the way, feel free to sign up.

~ACCEPTED RPERS
Me
leman000
Draconic_Espeon
vgbri
uberpokemonx
Leaf Green

~RESERVED LIST
espeonlover

Leman
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
~SIGN-UP SHEET
Name:Leman
Sex:Boy
Pokemon:Dragonite(Draco)
Personality:He is smart and loud person most of the time and loves to have fun. He loves adventure and usualy skips his aprentenceship to explore the spine. Also a trouble maker, he likes to play devious tricks on other people, but other than that he is pretty kind.

Physical Description: He is average hight fast and has light brown skin. His hair is coal black and his eyes are dark brown. He is strong but his arms are very skinny so nobody knows where he gets the strength from. He has a bottom less stomach and an amingly fast motabolism so he never gains weight unless he gets talller.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Very nice! A bit short, but you're definitely accepted.
You've read the book, haven't you?

Draconic_Espeon
12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Name: Chiaki

Pokemon:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l306/Phantom-SunsSong/saphiraflygonlittlepx2.png

Draco the Flygon
Draco is very moody, and likes very few people. He has a tendancy to snap at random passerby, so it's lucky that most people don't see him. His coloring is strange as well, for a Flygon; he is mostly a shade of aqua, with purple markings and red around his wings and tail fins. He's not altogether a wonderful fighter, but he's very fast. Much faster than most dragons.

Personality: Chiaki is, in general, suspicious of most people. She trusts no one but herself, and, when he hatches, Draco. Once you gain her trust, though, she can be your best friend. Cross her, and she's your worst enemy. To those she likes, she's sweet and caring, but shy.

Physical Description: Chiaki has shoulder length brown hair and bright blue eyes. She wears a plain tunic and breeches, of no recognizable color, both of which are frayed and old. She also has a rabbit-skin jacket she fashioned for herself.

Other: About two years ago, Chiaki was abandoned in the Spine by her parents because of lack of food. Out of sheer luck, Chiaki found an old hunting knife left by some unlucky traveler, and has been able to survive on her own. This is why she doesn't trust people.

Awesome idea, by the way. I luv Eragon. I absolutely cannot wait for the movie to come out. *squeals very high-pitchedly* I hope you don't mind that Draco is weird colors. I don't particularly like Flygon's original sprite colors, so I recolor 'em. I have three different versions, not counting shiny, that I've done. Two in my av, the third in my post!

Leman
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Very nice! A bit short, but you're definitely accepted.
You've read the book, haven't you?

read both twice.

Blue-
12-10-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm a serious Eragon fan. ^^ But I might not be able to join. Reserve a spot for me, just in case.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Draconic Espeon! I hoped you would join. You're accepted.

Snowball Sunday, I guess I can reserve a spot for you. Reserved.
But! I'm going to have to take you off the reserved list if you don't post everything in two weeks. Gotta keep it going...

Also I'm going to increase the amount of potential RPers to 8, maybe more, but we'll start at 5.

uberpokemonx
12-10-2006, 07:40 PM
You know that almost everything in your post (especially the map) is under heavy copyright?

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
You know that almost everything in your post (especially the map) is under heavy copyright?

You mean plagiarism, right?
Copyriting is the act of selling something and saying it's yours. I'm not doing that. This is purely for fun.
And I wrote this story myself, and got the map image off Google.
Do you wanna sign up or not?

Also, lots of people are making Role Plays based off boopks, TV shows, movies etc.
All those Role plays based off the Pokemon TV show are in the same situation.

Draconic_Espeon
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM

He's not claiming to own it, it's just a roleplay. Although, you probably should put that most of that stuff is owned by Christopher Paolini, Spaz...

By the way, when's the roleplay start? Just when we get five people?

uberpokemonx
12-10-2006, 07:51 PM
You mean plagiarism, right?
Copyriting is the act of selling something and saying it's yours. I'm not doing that. This is purely for fun.
And I wrote this story myself, and got the map image off Google.
Do you wanna sign up or not?

You got the two confused. You can't use copyrighted names/images at all. At least give credit.

For example, the Disney Company sued a 11-year-old girl for using a picture of of Mickey Mouse in a Powerpoint.

'Bye now.

I'll join, actually.

Name: Neo

Pokemon: Regice

Personality: Unfortuantly, when Neo does talk, it's usually to insult somebody. Neo is extremely withdrawn, and is often said to be "as cold-hearted a his Regice." He has absolutely no empathy. Its said that once, in a battle, he killed a begging soldier who lay at his feet asking to change sides.

Physical Description: Neo has naturally blue hair. It is an extreemly dark blue, almost black. He has Light blue eyes and stands at 6' 8''. This is exaggerated by the fact that he often stands ramrod-satright.

Other: Absolutely nothing else is known about the musterious Neo or his Pokemon.

And....?

Add a no-uber-legendary rule.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
eh, you're right. I should add credit...
An uber-legendary rule should be applied; Refice is jabout as powerful as any other pokmon used in the sign-up.
You're pending, until you add the rest of your description.

He's not claiming to own it, it's just a roleplay. Although, you probably should put that most of that stuff is owned by Christopher Paolini, Spaz...

By the way, when's the roleplay start? Just when we get five people?

Yep! When we get 5 people, but more people will be able to join.
Also, I added his name at the top of the first post.

vgbri
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
You can copy and past images to posts. For example. When you add sprites to your posts the person who recoloered them doesn't need any credit. Spazzed didn't do anything illigal trust me.

Name: Brian

Pokemon: Typhlosion (Tyro)

Personlaity: Brian has never seen or trained a pokemon but is a natural leader. He doesn't
trust many people but takes risks to get what he wants. He never gives up in the middle of things. He is friendly with his friends but his enemys are a completely different story. He wasn't realy looking forward to training a pokemon and over throwing a powerful king but looks forward to it anyway.

Phisical desciption: Black shirt, blue jeans, black hair, a watch on his right arm, and white shoes.

Other: uhhhhh...... I got nutin

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Alright! vgbri is accepted.
One more and we can start...

uberpokemonx
12-11-2006, 08:49 PM
You got the two confused. You can't use copyrighted names/images at all. At least give credit.

For example, the Disney Company sued a 11-year-old girl for using a picture of of Mickey Mouse in a Powerpoint.

'Bye now.

I'll join, actually.

Name: Neo

Pokemon: Regice

Personality: Unfortuantly, when Neo does talk, it's usually to insult somebody. Neo is extremely withdrawn, and is often said to be "as cold-hearted a his Regice." He has absolutely no empathy. Its said that once, in a battle, he killed a begging soldier who lay at his feet asking to change sides.

Physical Description: Neo has naturally blue hair. It is an extreemly dark blue, almost black. He has Light blue eyes and stands at 6' 8''. This is exaggerated by the fact that he often stands ramrod-satright.

Other: Absolutely nothing else is known about the musterious Neo or his Pokemon.

And....?

Add a no-uber-legendary rule.

[filling in words here]

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Great! We now have 5 people in the role play. uberpokemonx is accepted.

I'll start as soon as I have the chance.

uberpokemonx
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Great! We now have 5 people in the role play. uberpokemonx is accepted.

I'll start as soon as I have the chance.

Cool. Rank me up a whole bunch or I'll clog this with SPAM 'till I get banned.

Just kidding. I look forward to satrting.
Randomness to pass the time:

Who else wants Kirby:Squeak Squad?

Oh, and some suggestions:
1. How about Shades are uber legends?
2. Level me up!! NOW!! (not-=0justkding tis tme lolz xXannoyingXx-=me haha Id ddnt rd teh rukes haha
3. Ignore number 2

Honestly, I'm just bored, but consider no. 1, if you feel like it.

Draconic_Espeon
12-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I dunno if that could work, since Shades are generally human-like... Maybe it could morph into a black Lugia or Rayquaza or something?

Also, what about the Ra'Zak? Cloaked Murkrow maybe? (Although I rather like Murkrow... Meh.)

uberpokemonx
12-11-2006, 10:34 PM
I dunno if that could work, since Shades are generally human-like... Maybe it could morph into a black Lugia or Rayquaza or something?

Also, what about the Ra'Zak? Cloaked Murkrow maybe? (Although I rather like Murkrow... Meh.)

Good idea. How about mutants? Half-Murkrow, half-human?

Oh, and what are we going to do when we reach the end of the book? Has Spaz read Eldest? And, what if we make it to the end of both? There're no rumors even about the third book.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Yes, I've read Eldest. We're gonna improvise! I also thought the Ra'zak would be something like An evil Noctowl. They've got the beaks, right? And the shades, they could be uber legends, but maybe they should be hominidal psychics... like Alakazam!
But like I said, improvization is key to Role Playing.
Also, if we finish this, I'll probably start an "Eldest: Pokemon Version" as a sequel to this. :P Hopefully, the third boo will come out before we finish. It's annoying that we don't even know the title yet...

*goes off to start RP

Leaf Green
12-12-2006, 02:15 AM
This is a cool idea. I love Eragon. Too bad I can't join, but I guess early bird gets the worm. (Early RPer gets the sign up ^-^)

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
This is a cool idea. I love Eragon. Too bad I can't join, but I guess early bird gets the worm. (Early RPer gets the sign up ^-^)

Actually, sign-ups are still open. There may be 5 people, and that;s what I started with, but 8 are allowed to join.
So... join if you wish.

espeonlover
12-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Name: Samantha bambrough ( call her sam )
Sex: no thanks xD, girl
Pokemon: Meganium
Personality:
Physical Description: (What you look like, you can add your pokemon if you desire)

save me a spot

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Name: Samantha bambrough ( call her sam )
Sex: no thanks xD, girl
Pokemon: Meganium
Personality:

save me a spot

Okay. I'll make a reservation...
Keep in mind that they only last two weeks.

Leaf Green
12-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, here's my sign up.

Name: Rynor
Sex: Boy
Pokemon:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfsa/dpmfsa414.png
Garmeil: Garmanor

Personality: Rynor is a young, brave teenager who grew up as a farmer in Carvahall. Ryan will jump into many situations, after a quick runthrough in his head or with a partner. He is cunning and quick, and a great, loyal friend. He will fight for friends, pokemon, family, and comrades.

Garmanor is a smart witted, fast acting Garmeil who has had a strong relationship with Rynor from the start. The pokemon loves to fight, play, and fly. Garmanor is impatient often, though.
Physical Description: Rynor has a young, smooth face and has a little bit of a tan. He has brown messy hair and blue eyes. He is average sized for his age, and fairly strong. Rynor wears a long black cape with a hood, long black pants, and a red, long sleeved, baggy shirt.

Garmanor is a strong built Garmeil, with a tough, thick exo-skeleton rather than being fragile. Garmanor is large, about two and a half times as big as an average Garmeil. Garmanor wears strong leather armour built for large bird pokemon.
Other: None

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Sorry! I sort of forgot...:oops:

Leaf Green is accepted!

Leaf Green
12-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Oh, yay! :biggrin: Thank you.

red 23 blue
12-19-2006, 01:33 AM
Name:Eragon(Just hidding!)ivery

sex:girl

pokemon:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/rsback/rsback009.png

personality:She is an giggly girl who isnt afraid to get dirty.Especialy when it comes to fighting off predators and enemys.Actually,she looks fo fights.She also helps out her pokjemon.When Blastoise fights she fights.She gos fist to fist when Blast. and her get attacked.

Physical description:She is thik but not fat.She is bulkyer then most girls are.Sheis tall to.5'9" to be exact.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Um... it's a bit too short, and it also has a few too many typos.:oops:
For now, you're pending.

red 23 blue
12-21-2006, 02:03 AM
Ok............typos,no idea wat that is.....im only twelve....

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-21-2006, 05:00 AM
Ok............typos,no idea wat that is.....im only twelve....

I'm twelve as well. O_o
Typose are bad mistakes in writing, such as this: The pokeomn caem to me end i tryd to catch it.
Also, a sign-up should give a bit of despcrition, meaning it should be longer. :wink:

Blue-
12-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Sorry, I can't join. -_- I'm way to busy.

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry, I can't join. -_- I'm way to busy.

Oh, well. I'll take you off the reserved list...

red 23 blue
12-22-2006, 07:14 PM
i see.....bad grammer,gotta work on that.....:paranoid:

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-22-2006, 07:15 PM
i see.....bad grammer,gotta work on that.....:paranoid:

Okay. It's in this RP's rules, just so you know...

Rayquaza lover
12-22-2006, 09:24 PM
do u have room for one more?

SpazzedOutRayquaza
12-22-2006, 09:30 PM
do u have room for one more?

The sign-ups are eternally open... (O_o)