PDA

View Full Version : Rapidash *DON'T LAUGH!*

Alakazam
07-05-2004, 11:59 PM
I am in the process of training a Rapidash. Yes, you heard me correctly: a Rapidash. I bred a female Ponyta from my friend's Leaf Green. Why am I training one? I think they're pretty cool, and I want to take a break from training pokémon just because of their high stats (pokemon I've trained recently: Machamp, Slaking, Crobat).

The purpose of this thread is to get a good moveset for Rapidash. So please don't post about natures or EVs.

Okay, here are Rapid's base stats:

HP- 65
ATK- 100
DEF- 70
SPATK- 80
SPDEF- 80
SPD- 105

Also please keep in mind that I like to pass speed with Ninjask. (and I could sometimes manage to pass 2x ATK at the same time with Swords Dance)

Alright, here are a few sets I was toying around with:

[Set 1:]

-Fire Spin
- ??
-Return
-Overheat
@White Herb

This one simply maxes out damage for Rapidash. I'm not sure what to put in the second slot, but not Bounce. (Yes, Rapidash learns Bounce, and yes, it is weird.) Spin and Overheat to OHKO Metagross or Skarmory or any other pesky steel-types. White Hreb allows me to Overheat twice or Overheat and use Flamethrower if I put that in the second slot.
--

[Set 2:]

-Fire Spin
-Toxic
-Attract
-Bounce
@Leftovers

A pure annoyer and toxictrapper. Bounce to get an extra round of lefties as well as an extra toxic round for the foe; good even if it misses (it has an 85% accuracy)

Any thoughts/suggestions? Also, please don't suggest another pokémon to me in this thread.

07-06-2004, 12:18 PM
you could go with

sunny day
solar beam
flamethrower/overheat
toxic/return/attract [unsure on last slot]

if you could pass a mist to rapidash you wouldnt need white herb as a held item, not sure if thats ever been tried before though. :eh:

could try breeding for a hidden power move if your prepared to invest the time. i think rapidash is too fragile to do any form of toxic trapping due to its hp and defensive stats :neutral:.

mlugia
07-06-2004, 02:41 PM
yup. Rapidash is too fragile to do ToxicTrapping, making it useful pretty much only as a sweeper.

Overheat is a great attack for it since it wont survive long, but fire blast is also pretty decent. If you add in a +spA - atk personality, you can use the sunnybeam set with Sub...