PDA

View Full Version : Falkner has a pigeotto that's lvl 9?

pokemon master eddy
07-09-2004, 01:19 AM
I checked the pokedex and pidgeys only evolves at lvl18!But how did it evolved at lvl9??? :ponder: :ermm: :think:

JohtoTrainer
07-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Because Pidgeotto's are sometimes found at lower levels in the wild don't know don't know why. :razz:

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-09-2004, 03:57 AM
I checked the pokedex and pidgeys only evolves at lvl18!But how did it evolved at lvl9??? :ponder: :ermm: :think:
I've been wondering that for a while as well.

HondoomMaster
07-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Yes that is true and I have wondered the same thing, but if you also noticed that in the Yellow Version a Pidgeotto can be caught at level 8 and 9. So I didn't really car about Falkner and his Pidgeotto I just beat him, lol.

Steven
07-09-2004, 07:39 AM
all those level 3 metapods in viridian forest... they just do it... I mean when you think about it no pokemon should be below level 5... if that's the level they hatch at...

Synod
07-09-2004, 07:40 AM
I've noticed these oddities as well. Like today I was battling a trainer with a level 25 pidgeot, and I thought Pidgeotto evolved at 36 :s. Ahh, confusing :|.

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-09-2004, 10:47 AM
And I thought the Mahogany Gym battle episode defied all laws of Pokemon science...

pokemon master eddy
07-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Well,anyway,this is the first time i've played pokemon crystal...and if anyone don't mind i ask you which starter's the best? :tongue2:

Tamer San
07-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Logicaly, wild Pokemon can evolve in early stages since they are not imprissoned in a Pokeball carried all the time by a pokemon trainer which will take more time and levels to evolve into new stages. I guess Falkner simply caught one of those Pidgeotto's that can be found in the wild, stronger than trained Lv.9 Pidgey's that allowed him to evolve earlier.

I hope you understand anything from the crap I just wrote :oops:

For Eddy: Well Chikorita has taugh beginnings since you get to fight a flying gym and a bug gym but can be great later in the game. Cyndaquil rocks at beginnings and becomes barely used later on in the game. Totodile doesn't have any real disadvantages in the game, he is the easiest to play with. So if you like Challanging games choose Chikorita, if you like easy beginnings until you catch more Pokemon start with Cyndaquil and if you want an EASY game begin with Totodile.

Ironshell Blastoise
07-09-2004, 03:03 PM
He has a level 9 Pidgeotto maybe, uhm, because the programmers wanted him to have it? Yes, many trainers have Pokemon that seem to evolve too early, but thats just the way the game was programmed. There isn't really an explanation for it.

And Steven, all Pokemon can be lower than level 5...

mlugia
07-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Chikorita is the most usable out of the 3, since fire isn't all that usable in the game anyways, and Fera is just blah.

Tsurayu
07-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, and Pryce shouldn't have a lv. 31 Piloswine, but I never gave any of it much thought. It just made the game more interesting.

Tamer Marco
07-09-2004, 07:51 PM
That's pretty odd but I guess in the anime that's the same thing that happened to Ash's Pidgeotto.

Tsurayu
07-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Heh, as for Falkner made it more interesting. I remember first playing it I had a lv. 12 Cynadquil and Sentret. As soon as I saw the lv. 7 Pidgey I knew it would be easy, but as soon as I saw the Pidgeotto it made it a little harder. Hehe. ^^

pokemon master eddy
07-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Hey,those are some great advices!Anyway talking about ash,anyone battled him?My friend says he's hard. :cool:
Another idea came to me,since i'm only starting,what are your pokemons to beat the indigo and umm....i forgot league?

art
07-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Logicaly, wild Pokemon can evolve in early stages since they are not imprissoned in a Pokeball carried all the time by a pokemon trainer which will take more time and levels to evolve into new stages. I guess Falkner simply caught one of those Pidgeotto's that can be found in the wild, stronger than trained Lv.9 Pidgey's that allowed him to evolve earlier.

uhm, dude, there's absolutely no logic in that. I mean, wild pokémon don't fight ll that much. trained pokémon do, reach higher levels much faster and gain a lot more strength (EV's). stop acting like you know everything and then go all humble with yer :oops: emo.

Tamer San
07-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Hmmmm...well it has logic...when you are a scoute and goes on camps in the wild and loves and lives in nature you will automaticly gain some experience more than sitting on the sofa watching Pokemon ^^

So wilderness actually does give lot more experience to any creature more than being imprissoned, beside, some trainers actually don't get to battle a lot. :tongue:

PS. I know what I am talking about art, I am not a random idiot in the forum XD :susp:

Tsurayu
07-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Hey,those are some great advices!Anyway talking about ash,anyone battled him?My friend says he's hard. :cool:
Another idea came to me,since i'm only starting,what are your pokemons to beat the indigo and umm....i forgot league?

Ash isn't too bad. As long as you use his weakness. So I would suggest you have a Grass, Fire, Water, Dark, Fighting, and something else that seems fit. The only real hard thing about him is his Snorlax. His Snorlax has amazing endurance. Just wack at him with a strong 120 base attack or Hyper Beam if you have it.

As for the Elite 4 and Champion just have a wide range of pokemon. Just remember even if you are limited to 6 pokemon on your team at once doesn't mean you can't have more types since some Pokemon have sub types. I would highly suggest you bring an Ice type with you from the Ice Path you are going to want it when you face Lance.

Tamer Marco
07-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Hmmmm...well it has logic...when you are a scoute and goes on camps in the wild and loves and lives in nature you will automaticly gain some experience more than sitting on the sofa watching Pokemon ^^

So wilderness actually does give lot more experience to any creature more than being imprissoned, beside, some trainers actually don't get to battle a lot. :tongue:

PS. I know what I am talking about art, I am not a random idiot in the forum XD :susp:Tamer please go to page one and look at the second post.:tongue3: Pokemon aren't programmed in the game to gain experience like that. JT's answer is right and I doubt your's is. You might be able to talk like that in the anime but not the actual game where character's a pokemon actually have limitations. C'mon. In R/S have you ever seen a Pikachu strangle a Keckleon with it's own tongue? Don't think so.

Tamer San
07-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Maybe art, JT and you are right IN THE GAME. Pokemon in the game are programmed to do stuff not because they think. But I am talking logicaly like what they (who programmed) has thought. Nothing more than my own opinion...

Tamer Marco
07-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Maybe art, JT and you are right IN THE GAME. Pokemon in the game are programmed to do stuff not because they think. But I am talking logicaly like what they (who programmed) has thought. Nothing more than my own opinion...Your second sentence didn't quite make sense. ._.

Lets just drop this arguement of who's right or wrong. Hell I could be the one wrong. Let's just drop it before we go insane. Peace out.

Tamer San
07-10-2004, 11:17 PM
You are right Ludicolo, and art, forgive me both of you.

:oops: I have just prooven my idioticness!!!

pokemon master eddy
07-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Whoa,dudes!Is this disscusion coming well!Well,i made a new chapter story and if you wanna look at it... :happy:

gold
07-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Hey, Eddy, I defeated the elite+champ with a feraligatr named bardock on lv.59 with the moves:
Ice punch
Bite/dynamic punch (I deleted bite after will)
hydropump
slash

Those are the winning moves :biggrin: .
Make sure you have lots of pidgeys for detours if your pokemon has a status problem.
When the pidgey is out, use an item on the feraligator and then bring it back out when the pidgey dies.

dhee
07-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Whoa,dudes!Is this disscusion coming well!Well,i made a new chapter story and if you wanna look at it... :happy:

Pokemon Master Eddy this is not the place to dicuss your new chapter story!
And further more I might call this spam!
I was surprised too when Falkner whipped out his Pidgeotto to battle me.

Tamer Marco
07-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey, Eddy, I defeated the elite+champ with a feraligatr named bardock on lv.59 with the moves:
Ice punch
Bite/dynamic punch (I deleted bite after will)
hydropump
slash

Those are the winning moves :biggrin: .
Make sure you have lots of pidgeys for detours if your pokemon has a status problem.
When the pidgey is out, use an item on the feraligator and then bring it back out when the pidgey dies.Gold, what are you talking about? :ermm:

Tamer San
07-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Ludicolo, he talking about his unskillful skills and moves in Pokemon XD

PIDGEYS? WHY PIDGEYS? You can beat the other Pokemon if you have a strong one. No need to Pidgeys on your team!

Tsurayu
07-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah, that seems kind of odd.

pokemon master eddy
07-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks,gold!That's a great advice! :biggrin: Hey,why don't we talk about weird things in crystal? :shifty:
Hey,i've made a poll'which version is the best?'

Tsurayu
07-12-2004, 01:38 AM
A poll like that wouldn't belong in this forum would it?

Hoenn Mirror Girl
07-12-2004, 01:58 AM
Yeah. It'll belong in the polls board.

Anyway, aside from the L9 scenario, let's think of other weird ways that the laws of Pokemon science have been defied!

I know! How about the time (in the anime) Pikachu shocks a Marowak? Can't do that in the games, now can ya?

Tamer San
07-12-2004, 11:42 AM
No it doesn't, it belongs to Mixed Polls forum!!!

Tamer Marco
07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
No it doesn't, it belongs to Mixed Polls forum!!!She just said that....

Tamer San
07-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Oh sorry, I was on page two when I posted this -.- never noticed her replied...sorry for that :oops:

Tsurayu
07-13-2004, 02:53 AM
I remember thinking it was weird that Pidgey were using Tackle rather than Gust in the early parts of the game. I thought that was so odd when I first played Gold.

art
07-13-2004, 06:16 PM

PS. I know what I am talking about art, I am not a random idiot in the forum XD :susp:

DUDE! wild pokémon are imprisoned sometimes, but they do get to a lot more places and fight tougher pokémon. wild pokémon prolly don't fight all the time.

Tamer Marco
07-13-2004, 07:25 PM
AND WE DROPPED THT ARGUEMENT. A long time ago.DUDE! wild pokémon are imprisoned sometimes, but they do get to a lot more places and fight tougher pokémon. wild pokémon prolly don't fight all the time.

minitrini
01-05-2006, 12:14 AM
uhm, dude, there's absolutely no logic in that. I mean, wild pokémon don't fight ll that much. trained pokémon do, reach higher levels much faster and gain a lot more strength (EV's). stop acting like you know everything and then go all humble with yer :oops: emo.

Pwnd

Pika57
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Pwnd

Wow... you really know when to sya thta... considering this was last posted in 2004...

Don't revive threads(post in) over a month old. Check the last posters date before posting.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
01-05-2006, 12:32 AM
I was getting to it, my computer's slow, lol.

Anyway, that's also spam. Each post must have a four word minimum or at least have a point.